PDA

View Full Version : Biology/Apology (J'Ktal)

Ryla Relvinian
Nov 19th, 2003, 09:49:58 PM
After my last meeting with J'Ktal, I had felt very strongly that I owed him an... well, apology was one word for it. Delving deeper into my emotions, I realized that, for the first time in a long while, I was nervous to see someone, even to the point of being concerned for my appearance. My long black hair was pulled up into a loose bun, some small curls escaping already. Instead of my usual shirt and jeans, I wore a slightly more formal tunic over my black trousers... It would have to do, given that the last dress I owned was somewhat less than acceptable for my current occupation.

As I sat on the chair, facing the doorway to the Bar and Grill, I was silently thankful that, instead of the near-emptiness of our previous meeting, the room was nearly full of laughing, talking people. I had no idea why this made me more at ease, only that it did. When the serving droid came over, I waved it away, telling it I was waiting for someone.

I took a small sip of my drink and set it back down on the table. Would he get the note I had left for him? Would he even come?

I waited.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Nov 19th, 2003, 10:06:56 PM
Had he been too formal? Too imposing? J'ktal wasn't sure, but all he knew was that the night hadn't gone as he had hoped. The Death-Shadow had recieved Ryla's note, and contemplated what it might mean for him.

Going against his normal behaviour, J'ktal was nervous. What if she hated him? Or, what if she really liked him? He jsut couldn't tell, and not knowing something was one of the few things that put the mongoose on edge. What he did know was that if he didn't show up at the bar and grill, he might as well kiss what could be left of a relationship goodbye.

Going for a different look, J'ktal set aside his normally inky habilaments in faovor of a lighter blue dress shirt, though he left the top button unfastened, and finished his look off with a pair of khaki slacks and a black belt and shoes. It was quite the departure from his usual, but he hoped it would help soften him up.

He smiled at Ryla as he walked through the door, a few minutes early.

"Hello, Miss Relvinian," he said, nodding a little before taking his seat opposite of her at the table. "I, uh, got your note."

Ryla Relvinian
Nov 19th, 2003, 10:13:49 PM
"Good, I'm glad you could come..."

I answered, looking up and smiling at him in an uncharacteristically shy pose. The choice of blue on him was a flattering one, though I chuckled inwardly at his matching belt and shoes. This guy has more fashion sense than I do, that's for sure...

"I wanted to... apologize for the other night." I began, unsure of how exactly to continue. "I feel like..." But what did I feel like?

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Nov 19th, 2003, 10:29:41 PM
Oh, so she wasn't mad, that much was for sure. And it evidently wasn't his fault, either, so that was another possibility checked off his mental list.

"Please," he said, allowing her to keep from forcing her words, "I think last night did not quite go how either of us expected. My apologies if I was too forward. It has just been a while since I have spent an evening with a lady. To be quite honest, I had not even been planning that, it just sort of happened."

Ryla Relvinian
Nov 19th, 2003, 10:39:40 PM
Before I could reply, I distinctly heart an echo in my head, as if he was sighing in relief mentally. Was he really that worried?

"Well, yes. These things happen." I began, but hastily corrected myself when I remembered what I actually had come here to say. "But don't blame yourself. I did kind of... ask for it."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Nov 19th, 2003, 10:44:57 PM
J'ktal started to lighten up, smiling like he used to back when he was trying to first ask Ashana to go out with him when he was a teenager. "And I suppose I kind of pushed a little, too, Ryla."

Brushing one of his strands of headfur out of his face, he then shrugged and smiled. "So, where does that put us now? I mean, I did enjoy your company, and, I would like to spend more time with you, if you do not mind."

Ryla Relvinian
Nov 19th, 2003, 10:51:31 PM
"Yeah... really?" I looked up at him, my glass of water raised and paused in mid-air. I saw him smile, and I took a drink, setting the glass back down onto the table.

"I guess... I guess it's been a while for me since I've been... involved. And sometimes I just don't know what to do."

There, I admited it. Ryla, the Jedi Master, had found something beyond her grasp. That's not to say I could never get used to it again, but it was strange to admit that I was outside of my areas of expertise.

But then again, perhaps having someone else to lead her wouldn't be that bad of a thing.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Nov 19th, 2003, 11:04:49 PM
"It has been a little while for me, as well," J'ktal nodded, one of his paws rubbing over the knuckles of his other for his lack of a glass to tinker with. "We do not have to start out all part and parcel, romance movie type couple, you know. But, would you be interested in taking in a show?"

It was a jump, yes, but one he was willign to take. That, and he had heard that the playhouse a few blocks away was putting on a very good performance.

Ryla Relvinian
Nov 19th, 2003, 11:23:53 PM
"Yes, I would like that very much."

I felt oddly happy with this decision, and felt strongly that he did as well. However, I never really classified this stern, professional warrior as one to prefer the dramatic arts. He constantly surprised me.

"Do you know what's playing? I haven't been keeping up."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Nov 19th, 2003, 11:37:26 PM
"Some play called 'My Fair Lady', if I recall correctly. I hear it is quite interesting, and even a comedy of sorts," J'ktal replied, then looked at his antique watch. "But it does not start for another hour or two, so we have plenty of time to talk for now. Can I buy you a drink?"

Ryla Relvinian
Nov 22nd, 2003, 01:32:27 PM
"Well, allright then."

I felt much better now that I knew he didn't think ill of me, and it greatly reassured me that he actually wanted to spend more time with me.

"Then you can tell me about this play... I don't think I've heard of it before."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Nov 24th, 2003, 04:39:25 AM
Ahh, he knew something that someone else didn't. J'ktal loved that feeling.

"Well, I do not know a terrible lot about it myself, other than it is a musical of sorts, and is based somewhat off of an old myth that has been updated to a point. It is supposed to be about a man who takes a lady from the street and teaches her how to be a proper lady. But, that is the extent of my knowledge on the subject matter. All I really know is that it has apparently been a smash hit with this production company," explained, actually telling everything he knew that time.

When a serving droid came by, J'ktal orderd a Tom Collins quickly before turning his attention back to Ryla. "Would you care for something? Your water is amlost gone, there."

Ryla Relvinian
Dec 3rd, 2003, 02:09:32 AM
"Hmm, a musical?"

It was interesting to see the change that a day could make. Just last night, he had an entirely different approach to... everything, as well as I could make out. Now, the emotions coming from him were, while still guarded as ever, much more at ease, it seemed.

"Somehow I hadn't pegged you as the musical sort."

I smiled at him, and when the droid turned it's attention to me, I ordered a simple beer, knowing that, for some strange reason, I had no problems with that particular variety of alcoholic beverage.

"But, if you say it's good..."

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Dec 3rd, 2003, 02:27:26 AM
"I hear it is good," J'ktal made sure to cover himself, "Though I make no promises, myself." The droid returned quickly with a beer and a short glass for his Tom Collins. Squeezing the lime slice into the clear drink, the gray mongoose took a sip and set the tumbler down.

"But, we do not have to go if you do not want to. I was merely attempting to find a way to gain your company again, I will admit."

He was being open, mostly, and trying to gain Ryla's trust. Though he couldn't explain it, he liked being around her from the beginning, even though his original intents had been less than noble. Still, he felt lighter and more alive when he spoke with a lady, and that was something he seldom felt in the darkness of his occupation.

"And if it does not suit your tastes, I hear this area of town does offer much in the way of a night life in other aspects, should you take to dancing instead," When offering an opportunity, J'ktal often tried to offer more than one choice, as to test the chooser's personality and wishes.

Ryla Relvinian
Dec 31st, 2003, 07:04:38 PM
"I've never been to a musical."

I smiled, and reached out my hand on the table to wipe the ring of condensation that formed there on the wood.

"You know that? Lived in the biggest city in the galaxy for almost 10 years and I've never seen one."

Being around him made me... made me want to learn more about him. At one moment, he was a trained killer and another... going to a musical? Dancing? He was a constant surprise.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Jan 7th, 2004, 12:11:18 AM
"The last I saw was at the Tejkour Opera House in Habbatta on my homeworld. It was brilliantly done, but was all in Nehantite, I am afraid," he said before finishing his drink.

"Well, would you care to go? Or dance or drink the night away? I assure you a good and honest time, unless you desire otherwise."