PDA

View Full Version : Resurrection

imported_Darriann Sollak
Nov 19th, 2003, 08:24:48 PM
I believe this board needs to be resurrected. RP here has declined and I feel it needs to make a come back. Other than Sith and Jedi battles. We could get some Imperial and Rebel battles going. I may not have been here that long but in my old RPing days the Empire and the Alliance were great for RPing and I miss that. Perhaps if I could get a role call of ever Rebel. We could try to get the ball rolling again.

Telan Desaria
Nov 20th, 2003, 07:33:30 PM
I am an Imperial

The Supreme Commander of the Imperial Navy, actually

imported_Darriann Sollak
Nov 20th, 2003, 07:41:46 PM
That's one.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 21st, 2003, 08:15:57 AM
While I agree with you, there seems to be a cycle: Fleet RPing dies, big names take unannounced vacations, newcomers restart Fleet RPing, big names return, people become bored. Soil thoroughly, then repeat.

If we can get Fleet RPing to an acceptable level, where people aren't slamming biblical-sized fleets into each other in a contest of "I've got more ships, loser!", then it's quite possible to rejuvenate Fleet RPing.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Nov 22nd, 2003, 08:32:50 PM
Fleet RPing. It's all fun and games 'til someone brings a Death Star, then it becomes a massacre.

I don't see much trouble with fleet RPing as long as people agree to have equal forces or opportunities to have victory. As for big names they should inform the people they are RPing with that they will be gone. Speaking of which, who wants to have a major space battle? No super weapons. Ship no more powerful than a super star destroyer and one flag-capital ship. Will do this like a sort of test and see if it's suitable fleet type battling. So who's in? I am obviously. Force users, Rebels and Imperials welcome.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 24th, 2003, 06:35:21 AM
It should be tried at least. I see no reason fleeting has to suck.

I think the main problem is that competition and "I GONNA WIN!!!!!11111" plus lack of common sense tends to blurt fleeting.

Try fleetign from a character driven perspective. It's not easy, but I reckon it would work.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 24th, 2003, 07:42:25 AM
Indeed, as Mr. Marcus suggests, it works much better when done from a character driven perspective. This allows for much greater detail, as well as giving focus to the RP. I think this is one reason why starfighter RPing has always been more detailed than Capital Ship RPing.

Telan Desaria is quite good at working from that perspective. I'd suggest looking up a couple of his old fleet RPs. I'll consider joining your RP: If this gets RPing back on its feet...:D

As for your Death Star analogy...beautifully done, I couldn't have put it better myself. :lol

imported_Darriann Sollak
Nov 24th, 2003, 08:40:42 PM
Well lets do it. Lets bring back fleet RPing, the Alliance and the Empire. Any ideas on how this battle should take place?

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 25th, 2003, 04:24:11 AM
I'm not sure. We don't want this fight to have any huge effects on the balance of power (yet), but I think we can think of something that'll entice others to join.

To get this started, we'll need to try and limit the number of people that join. I don't think we want too many people from either faction in this RP, otherwise it gets confusing and people begin to feel left out.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 25th, 2003, 04:41:19 AM
I dont really feel we should be trying to unbalance the the balance of power. That leads to competition. What we should do is say have a end we all want to work to (say.... a planet invasion). After we agree on that and what resources we have to work with, then we can work out how each of us RP's and how we can fit shit together. I'm a rather lengthy writer, with a mind that likes to throw in surprises and tricks, with some humour, I can be quite unintentionally intimidating with the sheer volume of words.

what we should be aiming for is not to win lose but to write well. What should happen is that we should be commenting on how well we're posting, not whos winning.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 25th, 2003, 08:01:00 AM
Everything Marcus says is true. The true purpose here is to have fun, regardless if we win or lose. As for his sheer volume of words...well, that's no overstatement, Mr.Marcus' posts tend to be immense. I don't mind, though, because they're always well written, and the sheer amount of stuff in them provides plenty of places for a follow-up post to tack onto. (Okay, that was horribly worded...sue me...:lol)

A planetary invasion would be quite cool to do...as long as it stays in space. In the time I've been here, a joint space/ground op never goes as planned. I think the only one that ever got running was the Dagobah Invasion, a long long time ago in...this galaxy.

Depending on whether the New Republic is invading or defending, the number of ships we bring into combat will vary. If we're assaulting the planet, it may call for a pair of powerful MC-90 cruisers. If we're on defense, however, and the Imperial Forces decide to nail a relatively low-priority system (say, Pantolomin maybe?), the New Republic's response may be limited to a pair of Nebulon-B Frigates and a couple squadrons of starfighters.

I don't actually mind RPing with numerically inferior forces, as it gives me a much greater level of detail to play in. Just RPing with a single starfighter squadron can produce an immense amount of stuff to work with in your posts. Smaller armies may be forced into a style of Guerilla Combat, which I think would be pretty cool to RP.

TieFighterPilot181st
Nov 25th, 2003, 01:38:48 PM
Well I agree with the numerical thing for the most part. But wouldn't you need some large fleet battles during major campaigns where large fleets square off. Im not saying that should happen every time, but once in a while.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Nov 25th, 2003, 02:24:37 PM
A space station under construction would suit the needs of what we want to do. Where would have to be put to a discussion and a current map of the galaxy based on what has happened on these boards. Another thing would be when. Do we want this post RotJ like in the X-WING series or during the NJO series?

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 25th, 2003, 04:36:51 PM
I'm not really sure about when this should take place. Technically, the current timeframe here at SWFans is 50 years after the Battle of Endor, which is a while after the NJO Books. However, lots of people play with the timeline a bit, so there's not really an established time here. The problem is, playing with the timeline so much that we get to the NJO timeline means that my character would be...around 10 years old. :lol Also, we have to take into account that by the NJO Series (and the Specter of the Past Duology) the Empire's strength was extremely diminished, and they probably would not launch an attack on the New Republic...especially after they signed that peace treaty.

We might need to rethink the timeline. However, I think the space station idea is great. It's a good reason to have a couple of defenses in the sector, provides a tempting lure (for instance, once this station was online the user could monitor the region's ship movements...which is not good for the opposing side), and it's also a centralized objective. Additionally, I think that we could RP out a bit of ground troop action in this scenario: A couple squads of stormtroopers or commandos boarding the station would be easy to RP, and small enough to allow for detail.

Nice to see you here, Tie. :D

imported_Darriann Sollak
Nov 25th, 2003, 09:16:12 PM
Well lets try to work out the timeline thing first. That effects the location of where this is going to take place and the technology involved. This would be so much easier if there was a database of everything Star Wars here.

Lets try to get some more Imperials in this discussion. I know Telan has posted. (Come back we need you Imperial)

We really need to plan this so as we can work out the bugs of galactic unbalance-ing-ness-ish-ism (I needed to think of something that made a little sence.)

Misc note to whomever it may concern: Can someone go back to my app. I want to get that finished. Also Vhiran wants to finish his.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 26th, 2003, 02:45:23 AM
Understandable. I'll check it out in the recruitment board.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Nov 26th, 2003, 05:16:07 PM
Someone want to get some Imperials here?

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 26th, 2003, 08:55:30 PM
Will do.

Tear
Nov 26th, 2003, 09:40:34 PM
Colonel Tear of Imperial Intelligence:)

Im not really a fleet guy although ive had my share of watching and participating in fleet battles on other forums.

My previous forum Fleet battles were nearly as popular and as well done as normal rp'ing. Mainly due to the fact that the people doing the roleplaying were all sensible, realistic roleplayers with a good base of knowledge on what their tech could and couldnt do.

One problem of fleet roleplaying is the guy that doesnt want to lose. who does? but sometiems people do. The guy who will have one gunship vs. An imperial Star destroyer going, My ship dazzles your fighters in an array of superb , lightening fast manuevers allowing me to release a missle salvo into your bridge. your dead kthx.

When realistically if the gunship managed to someway..somehow get by the squadrans of fighters hed be ripped to shreds when he got in range of the destroyer.

Realism and sensible damage is what helps feelt rp'ing become succesful.

Takes an effort on both sides to compromise.

Rebel's Sayin a squadran of bombers just made a run launching their payload of proton torpedos against your destroyer.

Both sides can sit down ooc/ n go over numbers so many torpedos for bomber against the interception/defensive abilitys of the destroyer. = 20% dmg. Both sides agree or barter the dmg.

Empire roleplays the dmg taken and their counter.

That ways pleasing for both sides but very time consuming..with people being on at different times and such.

That could be by passed by mature, sensible rp'ers though :p

(p.s Tchort,Danik and me would wipe your ground forces into pasty stains under ours boots.:rolleyes )

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 26th, 2003, 11:13:29 PM
Tchort,Danik and me would wipe your ground forces into pasty stains under ours boots

Not if Tohmahawk shows up :evil

seriously tho,
My previous forum Fleet battles were nearly as popular and as well done as normal rp'ing. Mainly due to the fact that the people doing the roleplaying were all sensible, realistic roleplayers with a good base of knowledge on what their tech could and couldnt do.

Thrown in with common sense and fair play is all we need. Fleeting here has had a bad lack of it. what we should be capable of doing is deciding for ourselves what damagae an attack did, that is agreeable to the attacker. Now, in fights, that can be done. why not fleets?

If we get rid of the overbearing need to pwn the other side and just work on somethign enjoyable, then we both come out winners.

Also, we dont just have to limit to fleets and ground forces. diplomatic battles can be involving too.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Nov 27th, 2003, 06:21:53 AM
Admittion: I have in a previous battle rammed a gunship into the bridge of an Imperial Star Destroyer. I know that was a cowards move but it was coming up on my objective. (Protect) My only other Capital ship a Nebulon B medical Frigate. My squadrons (A-wings) were being overwhelmed by Intercepters.

Jarek T'chort
Nov 27th, 2003, 12:19:06 PM
Field Marshal Tchort, Supreme Commander of the Imperial Army.

I'd love to do something like this. Empire vs Rebels again, that would be awesome. After all its what Star Wars is really all about. ;)

The Empires ground forces have been massively upgraded and are at peak condition, their best since Endor.

I'd say some strategically important system becomes a target for Rebel or Imperial incursion and it turns into a big melee as neither side wants this system to be captured....
In the stars, the Imperial and Rebel fleets do battle while rival ground forces fight viciously for possession of said system.

No one necessarily has to win either, not every battle is a clear cut victory or defeat. So say the Rebels keep the system but it is rendered unimportant by all the damage and such from the Imperial attack?

So say the system of Bestine, on the Corellian trade spine?

All ideas so far but I'm totally in for this.

Darth Viscera
Nov 27th, 2003, 03:34:51 PM
Before I enter in my opinion, who here is fond of The Empire Strikes Back and the first Thrawn trilogy?

imported_Demek Jast
Nov 27th, 2003, 03:51:06 PM
Oops. Wrong char.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Nov 27th, 2003, 03:56:11 PM
I like ESB a lot. I haven't read the Thrawn Trilogy although what I do know about him and what he has done has either came from the charcater guide and the TIE fighter video game. I'm a general in that without the unlimted ammo and invulnerabilty options on.

As for my admittion thing, I'll finish that up.

It's hard being a one man army with no one to give pointers. That was when I was a rookie fleet RPer. I was panacing. Anywho, I learned a valuable lesson. Don't ram. I did have the crew evacuate though.

Now back to the discussion at hand.

I think we have an agreement on this engagement. Now to plan out what where gonna do.

What forces will be involved?(Number of ship and troops)
Whats the location?(System and Planet, Space station or ground base)
What forces will be the first to be at the location?(Defence or offence)
And so on.

Jarek T'chort
Nov 27th, 2003, 04:13:47 PM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
Before I enter in my opinion, who here is fond of The Empire Strikes Back and the first Thrawn trilogy?

Empires my fav of the OT, the Thrawn trilogy is an excellent story, one of the few EU books that has the 'feel' of the Star Wars universe.

Darth Viscera
Nov 27th, 2003, 04:22:57 PM
Now back to the discussion at hand.

uh...ok? :huh Don't let me take up too much of your time there chief.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Nov 27th, 2003, 04:26:56 PM
I meant no offence Brigadier General. Just that I was going back to planning and your request, from my Admittion of ramming a ship which was a fleet battle gone wrong.

Darth Viscera
Nov 27th, 2003, 04:45:50 PM
Brigadier General

I've never RPed as a Brigadier General before.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 27th, 2003, 05:02:30 PM
Time out :) Vis actually had a point. ESB and the Thrawn books worked because of the way it was about characters, not about big things going bang. Oh, there were big things going bang, but it was a support for the story.

And I think I have an idea straight out of left field. Try this out.

Not long ago, the NR and Imps banded together to kick the Vong out of the Galaxy, leavign behind a NR and Imps that were weak - the NR has once again expanded to huge size politically, but not militarily. The Imps are small and factionalised., but do have some fighting capability.

That's what the summary is today. Onwards.

On the edge of known space, there is a planet, lets call it Katmandoo. It is a planet where the last great battle occured between the Vong and the combined NR and Imps. It was ruinous for both sides, the Vong were wiped out, the NR and Imp armies shattered, the fleets rendered dead or destroyed. There are very few survivors, who have banded together to try to survive and hope for resuce.

One of them is a survivor of a SSD destroyed. He seems to be of high rank. But he's pitching in to help build a transmitter.

One of the NR survivors is an intel officer who has a suspicion who this survivor is. He managed to th get another transmitter working and sends a message to the NR on Kuat.

Now, wouldnt the Imps and NR want to find otu what's goign on? Wouldnt they send say a expedition fleet each?

and wouldnt Grand Admiral Viscera be a top line prize to develop a battle around? You thne have a much more personal fleet Rp set up, that would have all sorts of possibilities, with no real need for a battle winner.

I can think of all sorts of fun and games to be had in such a senario.

Sean Piett
Nov 27th, 2003, 05:48:12 PM
Uh. Gl, hf, I guess.

Charley
Nov 27th, 2003, 05:54:43 PM
Keep in mind the Confederacy is also fleet RPing and is ready to participate in any plans.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Nov 27th, 2003, 07:59:55 PM
That idea works. I like it to. The federacy can join in to. The thing about the brigadier General was about how many pips are on Stewie's suit. I don't know your rank.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 27th, 2003, 08:40:00 PM
Originally posted by Agent Charley
Keep in mind the Confederacy is also fleet RPing and is ready to participate in any plans.

Makes this even more interesting. More factions coming to pick over the carass of the three war fleets makes for more potential flashpoints. I could see savangers and scrap merchants and all sorts coming out when word gets out there is easy pickings.

imported_Reshmar
Nov 28th, 2003, 12:19:59 AM
Too many factions if not careful. A factions shouldn't just pop into the story unless agreed to by the other parties involved. What with the NR and 3 or 4 Imp factions somewhere out there. plus some smaller factions. And what about other scavenger groups.

Charley
Nov 28th, 2003, 07:52:19 PM
What

The Confederacy is one of the largest factions here.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 28th, 2003, 09:34:10 PM
Everything sounds good right now. Nice story, Marcus, I think we can run with it. Reshmar, I think we'll be able to keep it orderly if we're doing mainly character-oriented posting, as that keeps too much from happening in one post.

Sorry I missed a bit of this discussion...Thanksgiving was tasty. :lol

imported_Reshmar
Nov 29th, 2003, 12:46:12 AM
I mean groups like smaller pirate groups. Im sure any message sent out from a downed vessel or as it seems to be fleet of downed vessels will draw the attention of pirates as well as a scoutnig group from the NR or Sovereignty or Confederacy. I was just curious if they were going to take part.

Jarek T'chort
Nov 29th, 2003, 08:05:14 AM
Um...the Sovereignty is the Galactic Empire.

Just so you know...

Thx.:)

TieFighterPilot181st
Nov 29th, 2003, 01:07:37 PM
I agree with everything said about common sense in fleet RP'ing. Id like to see though in fleet RPs not only large capital ships going at each other but starfighter battles too. I think we're kind of neglecting the effect of starfighters upon a battle.

Sean Piett
Nov 29th, 2003, 01:38:25 PM
Starfighters have always played integral roles in fleeting.

imported_Reshmar
Nov 29th, 2003, 02:31:44 PM
The Galactic Empire is more than just the Sovereignty. I beleave a unified Empire is what the goal of the Sovereignty is, or was last I talked with Desaria. At present the Imperial Powers are splintered. The soveregnty may well be the largest of these Imperial splinter groups but the empire as a whole it is not.

Danik Drayton
Nov 29th, 2003, 03:55:48 PM
Colonel Drayton, Imperial ground forces.

I have had no real experiance of fleet combat or anything really to do with combined operations. I would like to get involved in this one.

If someone could get a list of everyone expressing an interest it may make things a little more organised.

Jarek T'chort
Nov 29th, 2003, 04:27:45 PM
The others are Imperial factions, not under the true Imperial banner. Ask Telan.

Sean Piett
Nov 29th, 2003, 09:03:12 PM
Uh, Reshmar is right. It sounds like you're carrying your IC beleifs into OOC.

Jarek T'chort
Nov 29th, 2003, 09:11:33 PM
Meh, ok whatever works.

Telan Desaria
Nov 29th, 2003, 09:21:33 PM
Ahah-haha. I am back.

I have alkways preeched to the newbies I try to train that roleplaying is not about winning. I would rather take part in a well written and fun-toplay defeat than inglorious and poorly played victory.

I would enjoy a good fight, just give me a time and place.

And we consider the Sovereignty the true Empire. We know that we as a whole are gone, but we are trying to rebuild what we lost from within.

Let us know, and the Empire is in - mind you, we are currently involved in the Remnant's area of operations mopping up there.

Darth007
Nov 29th, 2003, 11:03:23 PM
Hmm, I'm glad people are finally giving this a chance and all sides are being realistic and reasonable. Star Wars is fun because of the fleets and stuff, thats one of the reasons i stopped roleplaying when it all collasped. Well I wont be coming back, but I'll try to give some opinions here and there if no one minds. And personally I dont think I was ever about who won but the stuff that happened during it, at least thats how i saw myself.

The best thing to do is play TIE Fighter, Xwing, XvT, or Xwing Alliance. Especially "Alliance". Those games were never about huge fleet battles, it was always small little skirmishes, different type of missions, tactical strikes, and not always winning the scenerio. Especially in Xwing Alliance where they had a more developed story with characters going on, and a reason.

If you roleplay with that mindset, of just a few capital ships, freighters, and the fighter squadrons doing all the work, it prevents these big confrontations with unreasonable amounts of ships. Work in boarding teams, planetary strikes, and other guerilla style playing and it can be really fun.

Anyways good luck.

Charley
Nov 30th, 2003, 11:29:41 AM
I've got my own little idea about how to cook up open war between the Confederacy and the NR, and its a bit insidious and character driven.

Anybody ever seen V?

imported_Darriann Sollak
Nov 30th, 2003, 02:18:24 PM
***Raises hand

I have but I didn't really follow it or the series.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 30th, 2003, 07:01:15 PM
I'd rather not have a war at present. My preferance is for a skirmish that doesnt really affect the balance of power. I'd rather have something I can dip in and out of, depending on time without an real pressure.

What I really want at present is something I can dip into every couple of days, for fun and a break from life. But I'm willing to hear the idea anyway, maybe it can work.

TieFighterPilot181st
Nov 30th, 2003, 08:29:09 PM
What I'd like to see eventually though is like a well thought through campaign by either side with a series of battles all linked together eventually. That way it wont just be a bunch of random skirmishes. Wars arent won by winning random battles, rather accomplishing strategic goals. For the sake of fun its ok that we have some random skirmishes that you can just dip in and out of but i think we should organize a campaign between 2 or more factions.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Nov 30th, 2003, 09:02:58 PM
The campain idea works real well.

TieFighterPilot181st
Nov 30th, 2003, 10:33:36 PM
Just wondering though, anyone want to have a skirmish fleet RP now PM me.

imported_Reshmar
Dec 1st, 2003, 12:56:33 AM
Yeah I like the campign idea also. And I like the idea of keeping based on characters not just fleets hacking at each other.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 1st, 2003, 01:41:48 AM
The problem is, some of us dont have the time to go into a campain, no matter how good it is.

And really, a campain would be best done after we prove that fleetign dont have to suck. Once you get people thinking fleets and stuff and non force users = cool, then a campain may work much better. Lets step first before running :)

Charley
Dec 1st, 2003, 03:06:09 AM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=609171#post609171

Here's my preliminary plan for Confederacy/NR hostility.

The early phases will be very character driven, and interesting.

Lion El' Jonson
Dec 1st, 2003, 03:25:44 AM
Excellent idea, Charley.

However, shouldn't we try and get a preliminary fleet RP done first, just to find out if it will work or not? I think something very small, that can easily be entered and exited and that doesn't affect the balance of power should be used just to test out this character driven style.

After that, we jump into Charley's idea. Actually, the thing we use to try out charcter-driven RPing could be a preliminary to the Ciz/NR war, kind of like the prologue/training missions in Warcraft III with the Orcs. :lol

Additionally, do you want me in "The Accord" thread as a representative of the New Republic? I was thinking of joining, but decided not to considering that relations between me and the Ciz are unlikely to be too hot ATM.

Jarek T'chort
Dec 1st, 2003, 07:48:54 AM
How about the Ciz and NR decide to finalize negotiations on neutral ground, the Imps don't want this to happen, so they attack the negotiations, thus solidifying the relations between the NR and Ciz as the two fight back. It would be a minor skirmish, a small Imp strike force, vs small NR and Ciz forces...?

Charley
Dec 1st, 2003, 02:43:13 PM
No. I've got my own ideas in that regard.

Lion, you can join if you want.

imported_Reshmar
Dec 1st, 2003, 03:42:41 PM
I See your point Marcus. I dont have alot of time as well.

Telan Desaria
Dec 1st, 2003, 05:32:26 PM
whatever you want the Empire to do, let us know. We are always up some good double dealing and treachery.

Bearin mind, Grand Admiral Desaria is the honourable sort, but the reigning civil head, Grand Moff Baron Mikell de Nostradaum has a pciture of Tarkin above his bed, so he is your typical devious sob...

TieFighterPilot181st
Dec 1st, 2003, 05:49:39 PM
Why dont we just have one fleet RP right so we can find out what really needs work and stuff.

Marcus Telcontar
Dec 1st, 2003, 06:05:02 PM
Originally posted by TieFighterPilot181st
Why dont we just have one fleet RP right so we can find out what really needs work and stuff.

Quted for great truth

TieFighterPilot181st
Dec 1st, 2003, 06:17:33 PM
Ok then so right now I'll try to start organizing it. None of the participants will end up losing planets or other significant resources. First of all post if you want to participate and how big your task force will be.

Cizerack Hunter Forces
Dec 1st, 2003, 11:37:47 PM
The Confederacy will join.

Task force will probably consist of 3-4 Korri battlegalleons, a Trade Federation starship, and a dozen or so Techno Union rocketships

imported_Reshmar
Dec 2nd, 2003, 12:56:58 AM
You can use some ships from my 3rd division if you like Tie. I will try to post as often as I can but this is a bad week for it. Mabey a patrol with like a Neb B and a CR 90 Corvette. just something small to start. say a destress call from a freighter or private yacht. I will send a Neb B and Vette to help along with you and your squadron. you could run into a small Cizerack group which is investigateing the signal also.

Lion El' Jonson
Dec 2nd, 2003, 06:42:30 AM
Right, Tie. As long as it doesn't affect the balance of power, it should show us the do's and don'ts of this style of Fleet RPing.

TieFighterPilot181st
Dec 2nd, 2003, 12:53:05 PM
Alright then since we're using small groups I'll bring along a couple of Defender Star Destroyers, a MC-90, two Nebulon-B frigates, and 6 gunships. Don't worry this wont affect the balance of power. Do you guys mind losing few capital ships during this thing? Are there going to be any Imperial Participants?

imported_Darriann Sollak
Dec 2nd, 2003, 02:09:04 PM
A corvette and a gunship with a few wings of fighters should do. After all this is just a freighter probably around some backwater planet. Two DSDs, two Nebs, and six gunships is more like overkill. You can take control of a small system with that.

Note: Still waiting on that app. I'll edit it to boost it up if you can't find it.

imported_Reshmar
Dec 2nd, 2003, 03:31:10 PM
Yeah and I wouldnt have sent a frigate and vette even for a freighter in normal conditions. Basiclly its a job for a flight of fighters but ill through in a frig and vette for the cause.

Telan Desaria
Dec 2nd, 2003, 04:30:10 PM
The Empire will stick its nose in at an appropriate time replete with ruthless action and total situational exploitation - it's what we do.

Two Imperial V-class Star Destroyers (top of the line baddies descended from our Endor-era friends) is all we'll need. With common sense in effect, she can take on several corvettes and expect victory - and we'll get one.

imported_Reshmar
Dec 2nd, 2003, 04:31:52 PM
2 Vics aginst a Neb B and A CR 90 Corvette dosnt seem fair. But im game.

Lion El' Jonson
Dec 2nd, 2003, 04:46:48 PM
Remember, Tie...small battlegroups. We want this focused more on the captain than on who has the most guns.

And Telan, though I really don't mind if you bring two of your Star Destroyers into this, I need to pose the question...In its rather diminished state, would the Imperial Factions really devote two of their most powerful warships to investigating a freighter? :lol In the Hand of Thrawn Duology, I remember that it was a significant devotion of resources when Disra ordered 3 of his Star Destroyers on long-term missions. Maybe we should change the ship in question from a freighter to something more valuable, such as a passenger liner in distress carrying a New Republic Senator, or something.

TieFighterPilot181st
Dec 2nd, 2003, 05:45:07 PM
alright Ill make my group one defender star destroyer one MC-90 and 3 gunships. The backround will be a yach or passenger liner carrying a NR dignitary is attacked or something? Tell me if thats not agreeable.

Telan Desaria
Dec 2nd, 2003, 05:51:59 PM
whoops - I lost track of what we were doing.

To investigate a freightor, depending on its allegiance, whatever ship was in the vacinity. Let me think....

One Hunter-class Frigate

I designed it elsewhere.

http://pub33.ezboard.com/fswalliancefrm24.showMessage?topicID=259.topic

Sanis Prent
Dec 2nd, 2003, 06:03:41 PM
The only Cizerack ships that are regularly equipped with hyperdrive are the Korri battlegalleons, each the size of a V-class SD. I'll probably tone it down to one of those, plus the Trade Federation starship, and three Techno Union rocketships.

Telan Desaria
Dec 2nd, 2003, 06:12:36 PM
Look at all this metal - and I'm only sending one patrol frigate. Imperial Valour is, though, legendary.

TieFighterPilot181st
Dec 3rd, 2003, 10:13:58 AM
Send at least a couple more ships Desaria, we want small groups but not that small we want to work out the bugs from multiple ship RPs too. My group will only be one Defender Star Destroyer and 3 gunships. We'll go with Desaria's idea of the Hunter class frigate somewhere.

Telan Desaria
Dec 3rd, 2003, 04:12:18 PM
No you won't - that's an Imperial-only vessel, and is fresh of the line never captured. Hahaha!!!

Two Hunters and one Hammer-class Light Cruiser

imported_Reshmar
Dec 3rd, 2003, 04:18:24 PM
OK since the fleet will be that large the target needs to be something desurving. Say a experamental New Republic Vessel. nothing crazy just say a test bed for a new propultion system or shielding system or such. It runs into a mishap and is damaged beyond repair. The crew has abandonded her and sent out a signal asking for help. We can say the Defender Class SD and its escorts were a support group for the ship and can be sent in to retrieve data from the ship and set scuttle charges. This gets ground forces involved since they will have to go in and set the charges and get the data. Along comes the rest of the forces who knew about the vessel through there spy networks and just so happened to have ships in the area. It isnt about the ships now its about getting the survivors and retrieveing the data. This would give it the character base fell we are looking for. Just an idea, but a freighter would not warant a star destroyers attention.

TieFighterPilot181st
Dec 3rd, 2003, 05:43:03 PM
Alright that sounds good Reshmar. You can command the Defender and the three gunships. You want to start the thread or do you want me to?

imported_Reshmar
Dec 4th, 2003, 12:41:03 AM
Ok let me make some arrangments for opposition. Who all will be in on this?

imported_Darriann Sollak
Dec 4th, 2003, 06:23:23 AM
I will be a soon as Marcus can finish my application.

Charley
Dec 4th, 2003, 10:56:59 AM
I'll be there

Telan Desaria
Dec 4th, 2003, 04:13:34 PM
The Empire will show up. Count me in - but not at the beginning. We'll just...happen on by.

TieFighterPilot181st
Dec 4th, 2003, 04:46:17 PM
Alright Ill start the thread tomorrow to give you time for Marcus to finish your application Sollak.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Dec 4th, 2003, 05:08:06 PM
Ok thanks for waiting.

TieFighterPilot181st
Dec 5th, 2003, 05:26:01 PM
Im going to make the thread in the Storytelling forum now. Anybody in this thread who said thye were going to participate go there. The thread is called Fleet Skirmish.

Lion El' Jonson
Dec 7th, 2003, 04:37:25 AM
Wait...STORYTELLING? Shouldn't this go in RP?

Taataani Meorrrei
Dec 7th, 2003, 05:36:03 AM
Checking it out now

imported_Darriann Sollak
Dec 7th, 2003, 07:12:35 AM
Still waiting on that app. Can someone please finish it.

Vhiran Crescent
Dec 7th, 2003, 06:13:28 PM
Right well, too bad i never got to participate in this thread, simply because it reached 4 pages while I was on vacation. But I will gladly help the ressurection. Not sure if it's been mentioned before or not, but if we do this, we definatly need a non-biased mod to keep tabs on it.

Lion El' Jonson
Dec 8th, 2003, 05:21:45 AM
Indeed. Vhiran, I've got no problems with you participating in this thread, even if we haven't completed your application yet: Consider this a couple of weeks later, and one of your first missions if you'd like to participate.

Telan Desaria
Dec 8th, 2003, 04:22:44 PM
I have no access on the weekend, but i'll try to keep up. I've some readint ot do...

imported_Darriann Sollak
Dec 8th, 2003, 04:28:58 PM
Marcus can we finish up my recruitment Fleet Skirmish looks to be off to a good but slow start and I want to get in there.

Telan Desaria
Dec 9th, 2003, 07:27:16 PM
as do we...

Lion El' Jonson
Dec 10th, 2003, 05:33:45 AM
Feel free to drop in any time. Like I said, I'm keeping this fleet very small on my side, in the interests of fairness and realism.

Telan Desaria
Dec 10th, 2003, 06:04:20 PM
so am I - -two gunships and a frigate. All told...800 meters (length not width) at the max. Im not even palying myself - - -after all, Grand Admirals don't travel on frigates.

Hmpf!

Lion El' Jonson
Dec 11th, 2003, 09:29:49 AM
Lion was on a tour of the Naval Base at Ragrine when the distress call arrived. The vast majority of Task Force Implacable was undergoing minor servicing at or around the low-orbit docks. This light cruiser and that gunship were the biggest, closest things in any shape to move immediately. Lion likes to take a personal interest in things like these; often he'll use the mission as an opportunity to scout out promotion material.

Telan Desaria
Dec 11th, 2003, 04:47:26 PM
Can my CT read Supreme Commander of the Imperial Scum

Anywho..,.

WE'll be entering the stage this evening - and giving it the all monday - I have no access friday or the weekend

Vhiran Crescent
Dec 30th, 2003, 08:58:34 PM
::Bashes thread, and bashes Telan twice:: Hey! We're waiting on you! Incase you people forgot...........

http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33417

Sanis Prent
Jan 7th, 2004, 06:04:56 PM
Sorry, I've been pretty busy. I'll try to post soon

Marcus Telcontar
Jan 8th, 2004, 03:52:45 AM
Can my CT read Supreme Commander of the Imperial Scum

(Tohmahawk) No (/Tohmahawk)

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 13th, 2004, 07:55:45 AM
I'm back from my vacation...

...and currently freezing to death in Beijing. Bring on the turbolasers! :lol

imported_Darriann Sollak
Jan 15th, 2004, 07:41:05 PM
I'm back aswell and freezing. Well let me know when to come in and where to be.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Jan 18th, 2004, 02:47:25 PM
Quick thing. I think we should update fleet rosters and the like. I'm lost.

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 1st, 2004, 07:06:48 AM
Indeed, they need updating...If you could direct me to them, I'll see what the hell needs fixing. :lol

Incidentally, I'm back from Australia, and ready to get this RP rolling. Whenever you feel like starting it, boys.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Feb 1st, 2004, 08:31:36 AM
On the main NR page there is an old link that leads to the GJO/NR website. There are fleet rosters there.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Feb 1st, 2004, 08:32:30 AM
Actually you can just click the Home One picture above. It's a quick link.

imported_Reshmar
Feb 2nd, 2004, 12:12:00 AM
Im back and ready. Just let me know what I can do. Task Force Orishma Awaits orders

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 2nd, 2004, 06:39:26 AM
Welcome back Admiral. Your task force's presence is requested in the Operation Scythe thread in Roleplaying. :lol

Travis North
Feb 14th, 2004, 08:18:05 PM
Anyone here have a map of the galaxy. A good one updated for sw-fans forum activity. I remeber having a good map back at the SWG boards.