PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one?

Ryan Pode
Nov 19th, 2003, 05:17:06 PM
So there I was, eating my Uncle Ben's Santa Fe chicken rice bowl, when lo-and-behold my taste buds are aching for a cool refreshing sip of some water. So, I get up, get a glass fill it with ice and water from the fridge panel, and all of the sudden, the glass just breaks. Like, the top half of the glass just broke off. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Darth Viscera
Nov 19th, 2003, 05:20:01 PM
man, you guys just can't catch a break :|

Ryan Pode
Nov 19th, 2003, 05:20:48 PM
It just broke off. I wasn't holding hard or squeezing. It just broke. :\

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 19th, 2003, 05:42:19 PM
Did you get it out of the dishwasher and was it warm?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 19th, 2003, 05:51:58 PM
ive had glasses bottom out on me before, but never just the top half breaking off

Ryan Pode
Nov 19th, 2003, 05:56:03 PM
No, I pulled it out of the cabinet. It just broke. I mean, yeah I'm strong, but not that strong. :rolleyes

Charley
Nov 19th, 2003, 05:58:12 PM
I've had it happen before as well.

Tear
Nov 19th, 2003, 06:01:28 PM
Over time the glass would eventually weaken with micro cracks and fractures that you probably couldnt see with the naked eye. Being just moderate temprature a large change in temprature hot or cold probably could have finished the glass off.

Ive had weird things like tha thappen to me too

Once was sittin down eating cereal with a hug of milk beside me all of a sudden it popped off the jug high into the air and landed in my cereal.

Sejah Haversh
Nov 19th, 2003, 06:02:06 PM
I accidentally bit off the edge of a cereal bowl when I was drinking the last of the milk out of it once. I didn't even bite it, but a nice chunk of it just came off.

Though, I am rather well known for dropping glasses. With the tremor in ym hand, my grip can fluxuate, so, sometimes they just slip and fall.

Zatania Duvall
Nov 19th, 2003, 06:04:28 PM
I've never had that happen before, although I've broke my fair share of dishes on accident. ^_^; I've had the milk jug thing happen to me before though.

Ryla Relvinian
Nov 19th, 2003, 08:58:37 PM
Well, that's never happened to me because my family uses plastic cups and no glass glasses... Yeah, we're all retards, pretty much. Actually, it's cheaper, you can drop-kick them, and if they do happen to break, it's plasic (so you don't wound yourself) and you can buy it again.

I have had a nailgun come a gnat's booty from firing into my hand, however. I wasn't the one doing the shooting, mind you, but it did freak me out. I still have a scar where the splinter went in.

Oh yeah, and that one time I cut off the edge of my left index finger while I was cutting plasic boning for a corset. *wince* That one hurt like a MoFo.

Alpha
Nov 19th, 2003, 09:09:27 PM
I've broken a glass before. :) But it was because I was rubbing the rim to make that kewl high pitched sound. One minute, I'm making the sounds with the glass, and the next, it just snaps off.

Falcon Gyndar
Nov 19th, 2003, 10:21:44 PM
I was relaxing in the livingroom when a casserole dish exploded on the counter in the kitchen.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 19th, 2003, 10:23:28 PM
"gnats booty" *snicker* thats cute ryla :)

i remember once taking a bite out of a crystal wine glass at some fancy restaurant that my grandparents had taken us to. it was rather worth it to see the look on the maitre'ds face

incidentally, i got no cuts from the crystal *shrug*

Lyan Gyndar
Nov 20th, 2003, 01:27:17 PM
Lucky you. I would have probably wondered what it was in my mouth and kept on chewing until I figured out it wasn't good for me.