PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Jedi might slip, fall, and have an accidental war on their hands

Anbira Hicchoru
Nov 19th, 2003, 11:21:42 AM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32991

Just sayin.

^_^; Diplomacy is trickier than shooting first and asking questions. You're playing Jedi, not Cowboy.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 19th, 2003, 11:24:54 AM
>_< tread softly, pleeease

Neyasha
Nov 19th, 2003, 11:45:08 AM
Awww But This is FUN!

Anbira Hicchoru
Nov 19th, 2003, 12:44:37 PM
Not when war breaks out with a previously peaceful trade partner it isn't :)

Neyasha
Nov 19th, 2003, 12:49:28 PM
If people had not guessed ... Neyasha is not a diplomat

Pierce Tondry
Nov 19th, 2003, 12:51:09 PM
She can expect some serious repercussions from her actions, then.

Neyasha
Nov 19th, 2003, 12:53:37 PM
It's Lion that is calling the shots, not me. She is only making subjestions, and folowing orders.

Pierce Tondry
Nov 19th, 2003, 01:00:11 PM
*shrug* I'm not involved and haven't read the thread in question. I'm just pointing out that the consequences of choices lie in the future.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 19th, 2003, 01:14:33 PM
Originally posted by Neyasha
It's Lion that is calling the shots, not me. She is only making subjestions, and folowing orders.

You are allowed to question orders. Jedi are supposed to question things, especially when they go against their morals / code of ethics.

Neyasha
Nov 19th, 2003, 01:19:32 PM
The problem is Neyasha IC sees nothing wrong with the orders.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 19th, 2003, 01:22:37 PM
Well she'd better. Wei doesn't teach her the virute of talking things out first for nothing. Apply your training, Padawan!

Neyasha
Nov 19th, 2003, 01:28:42 PM
Neyasha has basicly fallen back to the way she was thinking when she was a bounty hunter. Her old ways of life have not all been put into the catagory of "Not the way to do things". since nobody else has questioned the orders, Neyasha thinks that there is nothing wrong with them. Plus her "training" before she came to the GJO is very much effecting her, and that "Training" tells her to follow orders without question.

Pierce Tondry
Nov 19th, 2003, 01:34:14 PM
Well, if it's a character issue, then play it like you see it. Don't be surprised when I haul you off to jail later on, though. :)

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 19th, 2003, 02:15:11 PM
Well, at least this way I'll know what to train out of you. I'm going to make a Jedi out of you yet, soldier!

Neyasha
Nov 19th, 2003, 02:16:15 PM
That's kinda what I'm hoping for :)

Zeke
Nov 19th, 2003, 03:56:35 PM
Zeke's not so important in this as Jhony is, and I've not had the opportunity to do half the posting I'd have liked there due to finals. Tonight I'll reply again, and see if I can fix this mess.

Figrin D'an
Nov 19th, 2003, 08:46:08 PM
Don't expect Figrin to swoop in to save the day, either. He won't be available to help on this one.

But, rest assured, if it does get screwed up, he'll have some harsh words for the "diplomats" involved in the process. :shootin

:)

Alpha
Nov 19th, 2003, 09:16:43 PM
What about the plan to simply jam and scoot? :) That wouldn't have any repercussions, would it?

Anbira Hicchoru
Nov 19th, 2003, 09:52:25 PM
Well, trying to evade the Cizerack patrol and slip into the rift would definitely have repercussions.

Zeke
Nov 19th, 2003, 10:17:49 PM
Charley, I'm assuming you play the Ciz Hunter Forces? What's it gonna take to get Jhony's question answered?

Anbira Hicchoru
Nov 20th, 2003, 04:03:10 AM
You can ask the new ship that's approaching you, if you'd like. The scouts merely approached, and when routine operations weren't performed, the galleon came to investigate.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 20th, 2003, 07:59:52 AM
Don't worry, I've been communicating with Charley to make sure that this doesn't turn into a skirmish between empires. :lol

Quite literally, he's playing the role of a Devil and a Guardian Angel, all rolled up into one. While he may be impeding the expedition's progress, that's merely for security reasons: I can assure you, when the Aing-Tii or Pirates show up, you'll be able to see that we're all on the same side.

I did anticipate this happening, really, and I'm sorry if I came across as irritable just now: It's late.

~Lion~

EDIT: I've decided to speed things up a bit and slip the Aing-Tii into this thread before the situation deteriorates anymore and we're forced into a conflict. I don't intend on the Aing-Tii playing a major role in this thread, besides breaking up the standoff between the GJO and the Cizerack, and possibly forcing an uncharted hyperspace jump...that ends up near the Chu'Keplor.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 20th, 2003, 09:08:39 AM
It's like I said in the thread, "the WHO?"

Honestly. As far as Wei is concerned, if they figure out which ship is the bad one, they search that one, and then we hop along on our way. Johny got the idea first.

Like any GJO ships are going to be put on a blacklist.

You know where you want the thread to go, Lion. But I would like more information on these Aing-Tii guys.

Pierce Tondry
Nov 20th, 2003, 09:43:47 AM
The Aing-Tii are a sect of monks who live near the Kathol Rift. They rarely leave that area of the galaxy, but have been known to do so in order to stop slavers. They have mysteriously advanced technology and an understanding of the Force different, yet no less potent, than that of a Jedi.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 20th, 2003, 10:50:38 AM
... Aren't the Aing-Tii just... walking brains? Literally?

Pierce Tondry
Nov 20th, 2003, 12:36:52 PM
You're thinking of the B'omarr monks.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 21st, 2003, 07:23:31 AM
:lol

Indeed, the B'omarr monks are the strange creatures that inhabit the lower levels of Jabba's palace. They consider it the height of enlightenment to have their brain chopped out and dropped into a bowl of fluid: In this way, they now have eternity to contemplate the mysteries of the universe. However, whenever one of the brains needs to get out, it telepathically summons a spider-walker thingy so it can move around...otherwise, it just sits on a shelf with lots of other brains.

Pierce's explanation of the Aing-Tii couldn't be better, so I thank him for it. The Aing-Tii are mammals, yet they're covered in bony armor plating. As Pierce said, they inhabit the Kathol Outback, near an area known as the Kathol Rift. The Aing-Tii are extremely mysterious, but not particularly hostile. They have very advanced technology: their starships are called Sanhedrims, and they're extremely powerful: In the book Vision of the Future, part of the Specter of the Past duology by Timothy Zahn, one of the Aing-Tii cruisers shatters a Marauder-class Corvette (fairly large ship) with a single blast. Another cruiser rams one of the Marauder-corvettes and splits it in two.

All of this time, the Aing-Tii vessels recieve no noticable damage. The ships, according to Talon Karrde, seem to be "alive", which may suggest something of a self-repair ability...there's even the possibility that the Aing-Tii spacecraft are, in fact, organic beings.

Additionally, the Aing-Tii have an understanding of the Force which is apparently quite powerful. As they rarely venture out of the Kathol Rift, very few people know of their force abilities; the smuggler Jorj Car'das may be the only human to ever learn the full extent of the monk's force abilities. According to him, the Aing-Tii do not see the Force as the Jedi do as dark and light, but rather as a rainbow of colors.

Jorj Car'das was the former head of the massive group that became Talon Karrde's smuggling organization. After he was captured by a Dark Jedi and basically scared senseless, he was rescued, lo' and behold, by Yoda! After a massive battle between Yoda and the Dark Jedi, Jorj Car'das was rescued and nursed back to health by Yoda (On Dagobah, which finally explains how he got there. :lol). In the process of the healing, however, Yoda instilled some of his strategic prowess into Car'das. When Jorj Car'das was finally back to full health, he departed Dagobah and used the knowledge he had gained from Yoda to completely dominate every underworld market.

However, one day his health began to fail. Jorj Car'das returned to Dagobah to demand that Yoda heal him. Yoda merely used the force to fling his weapon and beacon call unit into the jungle, and told him, quite simply, that he was going to die. Yoda was preparing himself for his next challenge: The training of Luke Skywalker. Yoda told Car'das that the only chance he had of being healed was to seek out the Aing-Tii monks and ask for their help.

In the end, the Aing-Tii healed Jorj Car'das, and he settled on a planet known as Exocron. Exocron is waaaaaaaay out there, right near the entrance to the Kathol Rift, which means that the Aing-Tii occasionally show up. They tutored Car'das in all manner of things, including their knowledge of the Force. The way they view the Force allows them to do extraordinary things: For example, Jorj Car'das is able to make doors literally disappear, or teleport small objects from one room to another. These are things he learned from the Aing-Tii. The Aing-Tii's most well-known ability, however, is their Teleportation ability: By using an immense amount of concentration, the Monks are capable of instantaneously moving from one location to another. When in their spacecraft, apparently the range of this ability is thousands or even millions of kilometers.

The Aing-Tii patrol the area between the Marcol Void and the Kathol Rift, searching for slavers. Among the few things they dislike, the Aing-Tii dislike slavery. They use their spacecraft to disable the slaveships, and then set the slaves free.

To counter any godmoding accusations (yes, I know the teleportation thing is rather stretching the limits), I've written up a set of constraints for the Aing-Tii's teleportation ability. Depending on how far they want to jump, how many of them are teleporting, and how frequent they've been teleporting, their ability is rather limited: A single, intergalactic jump may require a day of preparation, as I imagine it would be quite hard on the minds of the individuals performing the teleportation. A short, intrasystem hop, on the other hand, may only require a minute's concentration to perform.

Wei, I apologize for bringing the Aing-Tii into this without telling you, but the Cizerack did sort of throw up a wall around my idea. Originally, I had planned on merely skipping along on our merry way searching for clues that'd lead us to the Chu'Keplor. I didn't anticipate on dealing with an trade-partner blockade (although it's added a lot to the thread, so no worries Charley :D). I think that with the GJO and the Cizerack working together to fend off that Aing-Tii spacecraft, it may prove that nothing malicious is going on and eliminate the need for a search.

I still have no idea which ship would be blacklisted, unless Neyasha stole Audrie X-4 from a military shipyard a la Outlaw Star. :lol

Once again, I'm reaaaaally sorry for all of the confusion that this has caused...but at least you've got a better view of the Aing-Tii now. :lol

Shanaria Fabool
Nov 21st, 2003, 10:32:03 AM
Tecnicaly Audrie was stole from her homeworld's Military, but not really. Audrie was assigned to Neyasha for off planet strikes, and in a sence the ship was hers, but when she left the military and took Audrie with her, the military could not report it missing since the ship was not supose to exist in the public eyes.

But Neyasha did spend 7 years as a bounty hunter/gun-for-hire using Audrie as her ship, and in the Outer Rim, Unknown Reigons and Wild Space she was very well know for being one of the last people you wanted hunting you. So it would not be unheard of that they may think Neyasha is a pirate.

Anbira Hicchoru
Nov 24th, 2003, 04:05:28 AM
The ship in question is the Happy Child, but that will come up later.

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 24th, 2003, 08:12:29 AM
Ah, I see.

Well then, that's cleared up. :D Zeke, feel free to shoot me a PM regarding what to do about the Happy Child, although it might be good to wait a bit and see how the thread moves: we may all end up on the same side, or we might end up being pursued around the Kathol Outback by Pirates, Aing-Tii, and Cizerack :lol

Shanaria Fabool
Nov 24th, 2003, 10:44:02 AM
....:huh...I just read the new posts in that thread and I'm confused at what side we are fighting on... Aing-Tii, or Cizerack... or will this be a total free-for-all?

Pierce Tondry
Nov 24th, 2003, 01:26:52 PM
Lion: Where did you find your information on the Aing-Tii? You appear to know some things I don't, or didn't rather.

imported_Kanji
Nov 24th, 2003, 02:45:33 PM
I am still in this thread, but decided not to post because a one-liner or two-er wouldn't look too good just to say Kanji standing there looking dumbfounded =/

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 25th, 2003, 04:56:42 PM
Shanaria: Technically, we're in a standoff. Aing-Tii just want us out of their territory, the Cizerack want us to prove that we're not pirates.

Pierce: Besides reading Vision of the Future (somewhat obsessively), I have a friend who owns The Darkstryder Campaign, a little thing started by WEG (ugh....:lol) Although the game itself is horrible, there's a bit of interesting background information on stuff in the Kathol Rift. The other stuff in there I picked up from websites, or I made up. Problem is, I'm not quite sure what I made up anymore.

Kanji: No problem, show up later and say you were sleeping. :p

Zeke
Nov 29th, 2003, 08:14:29 PM
Originally posted by Lion El' Jonson
Ah, I see.

Well then, that's cleared up. :D Zeke, feel free to shoot me a PM regarding what to do about the Happy Child, although it might be good to wait a bit and see how the thread moves: we may all end up on the same side, or we might end up being pursued around the Kathol Outback by Pirates, Aing-Tii, and Cizerack :lol

Here is what will be done about the Happy Child: You guys will go on to whatever with Zeke in tow. Jhony and May will handle the Cizeracks themselves and see about this whole mix-up.

Lion El' Jonson
Dec 1st, 2003, 03:34:31 AM
Thanks Zeke, that's probably the best option. It clears a lot of feth up. Will you want Jhony and May reentering this thread at any time?

Zeke
Dec 1st, 2003, 10:34:20 PM
Nah. If Charley REALLY wants, I guess we could take the false pirate accusations to another thread, but I don't feel like it myself. I'd rather just be able to go "It was cleared up" without any sort of fuss. Jhony and May aren't meant to be extremely major or independent; they're intended more to help me work with Zeke.

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 2nd, 2003, 12:51:38 AM
It'll be interesting if we can use that pretense to take you aboard the Cizerack ship...as guests per se. That way, it'll be easier to get everybody reunited.

Zeke
Dec 2nd, 2003, 08:03:54 PM
Ok. That works, I guess.

EDIT--Is this thing still going or what? I'm clueless about what to post, so unless someone makes a move to clarify what's going on or makes a move to get it going, I'ma neglect the possible results of it and go on with Zeke and my plans for him.

Lion El' Jonson
Dec 10th, 2003, 06:31:36 AM
I'm sorry, I've been extremely busy this week (FINALS...ALMOST...OVER!!! :lol), but I can't blame it all on finals. Rather, I've sort of ran out of steam right now. I need to get my head around the block in my brain. The thread is still on, but it might not move anywhere until the end of the week.

Please, no consolations of "RL First", I understand that completely. :lol If anybody else would like to post in that thread, however, feel free to do so. Once again, sorry guys, but tomorrow is my final day of...erm, finals, so things'll clear up after that. :D

Zeke
Dec 10th, 2003, 07:20:58 PM
Please do clear this up. I dunno what to post and I've got 2 Padawans with plans on hold waiting for me to decide if I can take them or not.

Lion El' Jonson
Dec 11th, 2003, 10:02:29 AM
Well, that's it, then. I've computed our jump (which will end up near the Chu'Keplor, coincidentally), and the jump has been sent to the members of the convoy.

Zeke, if you want Jhony in this thread, he's free to come along. Otherwise, it might free up some of your time if you want to just surrender to the Cizerack, as they've pretty well cleared up the Aing-Tii issue. Allowing them to search the Happy Child will most likely confirm our intentions in the Kathol Rift, and clear a lot of things up.

Zeke
Dec 11th, 2003, 12:13:52 PM
Yeah, that was the idea. Jhony will get left behind by some spectacular failure of his bridge crew, and Zeke goes on to the Chu'keplor.

Anbira Hicchoru
Dec 20th, 2003, 01:46:49 PM
Question:

Did the Cizerack cripple the Aing-Ti, or is there a counterattack coming? I'm kinda confused on who's next. If it's me, lemme know so I can get the thread rolling.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jan 6th, 2004, 07:03:20 PM
hellooo?

Zeke
Jan 6th, 2004, 07:30:57 PM
Go ahead and post. Even if its not your turn, the thing will come to the top and people will remember that they need to post.

Lion El' Jonson
Jan 13th, 2004, 08:10:33 AM
Sorry, I was on vacation (In the Caribbean, so if you're feeling sorry for me...I laugh at you!) :lol

I'll try to jump-start the thread again. If it dies...well, it'll be unfortunate, but not altogether unexpectede after the number of distruptions that it has ran into.

Zeke
Jan 13th, 2004, 01:57:07 PM
It's gotta live! It's important to Zeke!

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 13th, 2004, 04:01:12 PM
Yeah for real. It's going to get done, darn it, even if it's just you, me, Zeke, and Charley.