PDA

View Full Version : The Serpent of Fate

Raut Daksoi
Nov 18th, 2003, 10:41:31 AM
-:: A heavy silhouette reaches out a long arm, shrouded by the heavy coat hanging from it's shoulders to it's knees. A gloved hand stretches out from beneath, and in an effortless movement pushes the door open. He walks inward, his shadowed face not diverting from his course; it stares onward. A wide-brimmed hat shows none of his face, and he knows he will not remove it. He knows he will not tell them what is beneath the hat, not through any malice, but because that is not his way; his is to get through life, from start to finish, as effortlessly as possible. But if that is his way, why is he here? Why does he bother the Jedi, of all people? He knows the answer, but he will not tell them. It is unlikely they will find out, as well. ::-

-:: His gruff voice slithers out from the hat like an overweight snake, finding it's path to the Jedi in this room with unnerving accuracy, and striking at their ears to unleash the venom of his words. They will hear him, whether they are close or not, and they will listen. ::-

"Come to me, Jedi. I am to join you."

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 18th, 2003, 10:49:27 AM
Looking up from a desk, where he had been stood sifting through papers, Dasquian smiled coyly and nodded in greeting to the figure.

“Well, you’ve come to the right place… what has brought you here, sir? Why do you wish to become one of us?”

Raut Daksoi
Nov 18th, 2003, 10:53:29 AM
-:: The tall figure walks further in, although it is more of a hobble than a walk, something onlookers could easily mistake for that of an old man. His body is directed strangely away from the Jedi addressing him, yet he speaks to him nonetheless. He speaks, but he does not answer, in his hissing voice, making the air before him shiver. ::-

"There is no running from destiny."

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 18th, 2003, 10:56:05 AM
The Jedi Knight nodded. Many people felt it was their vocation in life to become a Jedi and this was perfectly acceptable, so long as their perception of a Jedi and their duty was correct.

“Tell me then, what you believe the individual and collective duties of Jedi are?”

Raut Daksoi
Nov 18th, 2003, 11:01:14 AM
-:: The stranger has patience, indeed both present do. The concealed mind of Daksoi thinks over the answers he could give to the Jedi; he knows he cannot lie without being found out. He does not want to lie, but he does not want to tell them of his ways. It is not his way. ::-

"Jedi learn. You study, you put into play what you have learnt."

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 18th, 2003, 11:05:42 AM
As an empath, Dasquian was adept in reading the emotions of others, and currently he was sensing hesitance in this man.

“Put what into play, exactly? What role do we play in society?”

The questioning may have seemed bothersome, but it was a necessity.

Raut Daksoi
Nov 18th, 2003, 11:11:04 AM
"Jedi play the role necessary in all society: They use their knowledge to help those without it."

-:: His cryptic words may induce more questions, but he is prepared. He is always prepared, except for the things that were. He cannot be prepared for the things that were. ::-

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 18th, 2003, 11:36:09 AM
A small nod, and he continued:

“Jedi all must, at times, fight. Not everyone is keen on combat, but it is necessary if you are to be able to protect yourself from the many foes that the Jedi have. Do you believe you could handle the pressure of being a target of this… hatred, that you could live a life such as this?”

Raut Daksoi
Nov 18th, 2003, 11:43:34 AM
-:: If only the Jedi knew of Daksoi's skills. If only he knew of his decades of combat, fighting for his life on a world so alien to this human it would baffle his mind to see. No grunt or gasp of disbelief passes his lips though, he stays silent, and continues patiently not-watching the Jedi. ::-

"I have fought, Jedi, and I have killed men."

-:: And in the same grizzly breath, ::-

"What is your name?"

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 20th, 2003, 02:58:16 PM
“Dasquian Belargic. Pardon my manners for not introducing myself earlier. And your name, sir?”

Raut Daksoi
Nov 21st, 2003, 03:15:50 PM
-:: His head jerks upwards, suddenly facing the Jedi. He tips the brim of his hat, still not giving any clue to what lies beneath. ::-

"Raut Daksoi. So what will become of me?"

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 22nd, 2003, 04:57:20 AM
“Well, Daksoi, you have answered my questions sufficiently, I believe, so I am at liberty to welcome you to the Greater Jedi Order. You are free to explore our grounds – to register for a room in the LQ, to visit Yogs Bar and Grill – until the time you are assigned a Master.”

Raut Daksoi
Dec 5th, 2003, 09:04:40 AM
"Very well."

-:: No word of thanks or otherwise, he turns and sets off to explore the Order's home. ::-