PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Little Thing called Love...

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 17th, 2003, 08:56:03 PM
It was still raining and now it was blowing and getting cooler as the October day wore on. It had been a couple of days since Jedi Knight Helenias Evenstar had come to talk to Quay'Na.

The Padawan would be leaving the Order someday in the near future, and was now under the guidance of the Knight. Everything was going well now, with the exception that Sanis Prent was still lurking about wanting her blood.

With a deep sigh, she shook away the thought and filled her mind with someone whom she wanted her family to meet very soon.

Anthony Scott. The love of her life. The man she had pledged her love to and wanted to be with the rest of her life.

But, how would her family take it? He was a vampire and she was a Jedi Padawan. They had to love him as much as she did, they just had too.

After all, Helenias' response to Anthony would probably be no different then the response of her Dad or Yaz. So, in a way, Helenias had prepared her for what was in store. Hopefully, they would understand and see how much she loved him.

Quay'Na had fixed spaghetti for the evening meal and garlic bread. She had even gone to the lengths of cooking some ground banth burger for her sister and Dad to add to their's if they chose.

The dining room table was set and the wine chilling nearby, her Dad would be arriving home at any moment as would Yasmin, whom she invited earlier.

This was the night that would be for the rest of her life, she loved Anthony and longed to be by his side. She glanced down at the bracelet he'd given her a while back, every thing would be alright, it had to be. With a sigh, she sat down on the sofa and awaited her family.

Cordell Le'Kray
Nov 18th, 2003, 03:25:53 AM
The wind blew in gusts and with the rain it was more than horrible as Cordell parked his speeder in the parking garage. Grabbing his briefcase and exiting his speeder, he was glad to be getting home. It had been a long day, but nonetheless a very good day, he received his first raise today so he was quite happy.

Using the elevator to enter the Condo complex, he made his way towards his own condo, where he knew his daughter would be waiting. She had commed him earlier about dinner with Yaz and to put it frankly, he was starving.

The wonderful smells filled his nostrils as he ented his condo and found Quay'Na sitting on the sofa. She'd been there for over a week now and he still wasn't exactly sure why, but he didn't ask. If she wanted him to know, she'd tell him. Cordell wasn't into prying. After taking off his rain cloak and setting his briefcase aside, he walked over to her.

"Good evening, my dear." He greeted her kindly and kissed her forehead. "Dinner smells excellent."

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 18th, 2003, 06:51:09 PM
"Thanks, Dad. I hope you like spaghetti and garlic bread. It's one of the simplest things to make without burning it." She smiled as her father stepped back and looked at his dining room table that was neatly set. "You've been busy, Quay'Na. Is this a special occasion?" He asked her.

His daughter nodded. "Yes, it is. But, I'm not going to say anything until later. It's a sur..." Quay's words were cut off by a knock at the door. "Must be Yaz." She said as she cautiously approached the door.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Nov 18th, 2003, 08:28:44 PM
Yasmin pulled her robe close to her body. The rain has been chilling down to the bone. She was happy to be in the dry apartment building waiting for the door. Lost in thought, she was startled by the opening of the door. She smiled to Quay'Na. "It's so good to see you, Quay'Na. I'm so cold." She said peeling off her soaking robe.

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 18th, 2003, 08:56:18 PM
"Oh, come in, Sis." Quay'Na smiled as she took Yasmin's cloak and hung it up. "Go warm yourself by the fire."

Quay'Na had taken the liberty of making a fire in her dad's fireplace in his livingroom earlier to take out the chill.

Now, everyone was accounted for, they could eat and then she could tell them about Anthony and mention a Christmas plan she had been thinking about.

Cordell Le'Kray
Nov 19th, 2003, 04:41:51 AM
Cordell greeted his other daughter with a smile and a hug. "Hello, my dear." He kissed her forehead as he saw the red wine and wine glasses sitting nearby.

"Anyone for some wine?" He asked as he popped the cork. It was a very expensive import from Naboo.

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 23rd, 2003, 01:57:58 PM
"Wine sounds very good, Dad." Quay'Na answered as she joined him for a glass. "Yaz?"

Yasmin Le'Kray
Nov 23rd, 2003, 02:01:32 PM
"Yes, please." She shivered as she stepped closer to the fire.

Cordell Le'Kray
Nov 23rd, 2003, 02:09:27 PM
Cordell filled the glasses and handed each of his daughters one as he sat down on the sofa. "So," he began as he looked at Quay'Na. "This sounded kind of important. What's this all about?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 23rd, 2003, 03:54:12 PM
Quay'Na took a sip of her wine. "Well, it has to do with the man that I'm seeing. I want to spend the rest of my life with him, he's the one." She told them frankly. "But, there's some things that would make union for us somewhat difficult."

Cordell Le'Kray
Nov 25th, 2003, 04:47:23 AM
Now, this was interesting. "How so, Quay'Na? All you need is love, if it's there nothing else matter's and I and your sister will be more than happy for you." He actually felt like they were bonding now as a family, something he had missed with Quay all her life. But, he had her back now and wasn't going to let go of it.

Yasmin Le'Kray
Nov 27th, 2003, 10:24:05 PM
Yasmin did a double take to her sister as she spoke about a man she loved. After what Yaz had heard about the last man the Quay'Na "loved," she sure wasn't going to allow her sister to get played like that again. She glared over to her father as he spoke for them both. "Dad! We don't even know him!" She looked to her sister. "Why can't you be together? What excuse did he use?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 28th, 2003, 06:51:55 AM
"It's not that we can't be together, we can. It's just that it would be quite a challenge to do so...for the time being, with me in the GJO. But, we'll figure something out, somehow. Anyway, I want you to meet him. Tonight."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Nov 29th, 2003, 10:58:07 PM
Yasmin scoffed slightly at Quay'Na's optimistic tone. It's not that Yasmin wasn't happy for her sister, she was, but with Quay's past lingering, she wasn't very sure about this. "Quay'Na, I don't know. I mean, he sounds very tricky to me." Yasmin tried to cover her concern with a very snippy attitude.

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 30th, 2003, 08:03:27 AM
Quya smiled gently at her sister, she knew that she was just worried about her, especially ever since she toldl her of the outcome with her last 'love' Vega Van Derveld.

But, Anthony wasn't anything like Vega, he used her to get her to go to the Darkside, Anthony would never do such a thing and she knew it.

Anthony Scott loved her and she loved him. It was a perfect match.

"I know you are concerned, Yaz. But, once you meet him you'll see how much he loves me. And besides that, I want to make a family trip to the Rakai Manor for Christmas at Naboo. I want my entire family there, along with Anthony. Can we do this?"

Cordell Le'Kray
Nov 30th, 2003, 11:47:31 AM
Cordell didn't really understand the reasoning behind Yasmin's atiitude. After all, Quay'Na had a good head on her shoulders, she was with the Jedi Order.

"Am I missing something here?" He asked Yasmin. "Why would Quay's new boyfriend be cause for such trickery? Is there some kind of explanation behind this accusation you've given, Yaz?"

Yasmin Le'Kray
Dec 1st, 2003, 04:07:50 PM
Yasmin looked to Quay'Na after their father questioned her on her angery motives. "Would you like to tell him about it or shall I?"

Cordell Le'Kray
Dec 2nd, 2003, 08:17:42 PM
Cordell looked blankly at them both. "Tell me what? I seem to be completely lost at the moment."

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 2nd, 2003, 08:41:51 PM
Quay'Na smirked a bit, talking about Vega had not been on the menu and her dad had no idea the problems that had arisen from it. Bad things, very bad things.

"Why don't we sit down and eat while I explain, so our food doesn't get cold?" She suggested in a mock happy tone.

Quay'Na couldn't help but to frown at Yasmin as she walked by to go to the kitchen.

Cordell Le'Kray
Dec 5th, 2003, 06:40:11 AM
Their father nodded as he stood. "Sounds like a very good idea, I'm starved."

A little while later the three of them sat at the table with a plateful of spaghetti and garlic bread. Cordell removed his napkin and placed it on his lap. "So, what's this all about, Quay'Na?"

He took a bite.

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 5th, 2003, 07:56:03 AM
Quay'Na took a sip of her wine. "It's a very long and drawn out story, Dad. But, it is about time you've heard it...."

Throughout the next hour, Quay'Na told Cordell about her involvement with Vega Van DerVeld. The late nigts, the drugs, the lying...everything. Then she went on to tell him of the night of his death, his wife, her feeling of betrayal and the suicide attempt.

"I would have died had Jedi Knight Dasquian Belargic not have found me." She took another bite and swallowed. "It wasn't one of my most prouder moments, but I had learned a great deal from it and I got past it. Now, after several months later, I've finally been able to move on. Since, I've dated a Jedi Knight named Sene for a short while, but he had to leave and I've not heard from him since. A couple of other's I've gone to dinner with...but Anthony is the love of my life and I know that now. But, there are a few things that will need to be explained about him. First off is that he's a pirate."

Cordell Le'Kray
Dec 7th, 2003, 08:32:24 AM
Cordell felt saddened by his daughters dilemnas, he so wished he could've been here to help her out during her time of agony. Just as any father would've wanted.

"I'm so sorry, Quay'Na that you had to go through all that. I would've done anything to help you and I'm sure Yaz would've too." He knew now why Yasmin was so protective of Quay. He was too, but this Anthony sounded well...not her type.

"A pirate?" He asked. "What would the Order have to say about that? I thought Jedi were supposed to be with law-abiding people." He wanted to go about this gently, so not to push her away. "Pirates are....well, they're pirates."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Dec 20th, 2003, 11:57:15 AM
Yasmin nodded. "See, he's all wrong for her." That was just one of the reasons that Yasmin didn't like him.

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 21st, 2003, 06:43:42 AM
"Yaz," Quay'Na said as she looked at her sister. "Just meet him first and you'll love him. He's nothing like Vega in the least, he loves me."

She paused as she looked at her family. "And I love him and will look for no other, he's the one."

Cordell Le'Kray
Dec 21st, 2003, 09:50:35 AM
Cordell frowned a bit, knowing his daughter wanted to marry a pirate. But, who was he too judge, without meeting him first?

"Alright, Quay. I won't judge the man in your life, but I do wish to meet him first."

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 22nd, 2003, 07:57:14 PM
"Of course, Dad. I can set it up for sometime very soon." Quay'Na beamed. "Some evening."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Dec 23rd, 2003, 11:04:39 PM
Yasmin sat quietly with her father and sister. Her father was going to give this pirate a chance? They lie, they cheat, they steal, what makes Quay's relationship with this guy any different than anything else he does. She sighed to herself. "That should be fun..." She mumbled sarcasticly.

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 24th, 2003, 07:35:19 PM
Quay'Na looked at her sister. "Sis, I love him. I knew I loved him from the moment I saw him. Besides...it's kinda hard not to when he's proposed to me." She took a the ring from her pants pocket and slipped back onto her finger. The newness of it was still there.

She held out her hand and showed the them the large diamond ring she had. "And, I've accepted."

Cordell Le'Kray
Dec 26th, 2003, 06:43:44 AM
Cordell was stunned to say the least as he saw the ring. "That is quite a rock, Quay'Na. He must be well off."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Dec 28th, 2003, 02:01:29 PM
Yasmin eye's widened as Quay'Na pulled out her rock. She was amazed and most of all, jealous. Why could she not have someone who loved her no matter what? She glared up at her sister and shook her head. "Are you sure you're doing the right thing?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Dec 28th, 2003, 02:43:04 PM
"Very much so, Yaz. Anthony and I are deeply in love, nothing could possibly tear us apart." She looked at her dad.

"He's also a Prince where he comes from, Dad. But, even if he weren't, I'd love him just the same."

Cordell Le'Kray
Dec 29th, 2003, 07:52:48 AM
Now that sparked Cordell's attention. "A Prince, well it seems I'll not have to worry about one of my daughters being taken care of well." He looked at Yasmin. "If only I could make sure the other was taken care of too. What ever happened between you and Tony. That boy adored you."

He chuckled for a moment. "I just thought of that, now that would be something. Quay and Anthony and Yaz and Tony, which could be short for Anthony."

Yasmin Le'Kray
Dec 30th, 2003, 08:59:33 PM
Yasmin gave her father a look "what in the heck are you thinking?!" She shook her head with a small laugh. "You notice the strangest things..." She said, trying to change to the subject.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 1st, 2004, 09:10:44 AM
No, Quay'Na wasn't going to let this one slip by, she liked not having the attention fo much on her for a chance.

"I heard he left the order for a while....to mend his broken heart." She smiled at Yaz. "You know, he wanted to ask you to marry him?"

Cordell Le'Kray
Jan 1st, 2004, 08:53:49 PM
Cordell nodded at his daughter. "I recall that too, Yaz. He invited me to dinner a while back and asked if he could have your hand in marriage and from the sound of it, it must not have gone over too well." He sipped his wine. "Oh, well, I'm sure there is someone out there for you, Yasmin. You must just be patient."

He looks over at Quay'Na. "Now what was this about Christmas plans?"

Yasmin Le'Kray
Jan 2nd, 2004, 10:13:36 PM
Yasmin smiled to her father, greatful for the change on topic. She looked to Quay, wondering about those Christmas plans herself.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 3rd, 2004, 11:03:38 AM
"Well, I was thinking of all of us taking a trip to Naboo for Christmas and spend it at the Rakai summer home. I've not been with my family for a while and I think it would be the most awesome thing to have both my families there. I'm planning on asking Anthony and my two best friends, Mylia Basque and Jacali Danner. Please, tell me you'll come. This Christmas will be the best for all of us. I so want you both to meet the family that has raised me all these years." She beamed.

Cordell Le'Kray
Jan 3rd, 2004, 09:05:42 PM
Now that was a rather interesting idea. He'd never thought of that before. "Hmmm." He thought on this for a few minutes. "Are you sure this wouldn't be an intrusion, Quay? After all, this is Christmas we're talking about and your talking about hosting quite a few people in your father's home. Have you talked this over with him?"

Cordell knew that Quay'Na always referred Jerib Rakai as her father and he himself was her 'dad'. It wouldn't bother him in the least, but what about Jerib?

Yasmin Le'Kray
Jan 3rd, 2004, 11:18:13 PM
Yasmin frowned slightly as Anthony's name was mentioned, but she knew she could not refuse her sister's invite. She nodded. "Sure, Quay. I'm in..." She listened to her father, wondering the same thing he was.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 4th, 2004, 12:00:16 PM
"My father will be none but delighted to know the summer home will be filled with the essence of new family and friends for Christmas. I've mentioned it to him of inviting friends over for the holidays a long time ago, but just never had the chance. Trust me, he'll love the idea."

Cordell Le'Kray
Jan 4th, 2004, 12:11:38 PM
"Well then, how can we possibly decline. I'd love to go." Cordell smiled and took another bite of his spaghetti.

Lady Mylia
Jan 10th, 2004, 11:16:46 PM
"It's settled then. Over some systems and through hyperspace to Naboo we go." Yasmin said trying to lighten the mood with her lame pun.

Quay'Na Rakai
Jan 11th, 2004, 09:24:51 AM
"Great, I'll start making the arrangements." Quay'Na beamed. This was going to be great, both of her families all together, her friends and the best was Anthony was going to be part of it.

She couldn't think of a better way to spend Christmas.

"I'll start looking for a ship to lease."