PDA

View Full Version : Happy Sunshine Teahouse (open)

Kyashi
Nov 17th, 2003, 12:15:07 AM
He missed the snow. The quiet of the fields of his homeworld after a nights snowfall, the ground pristine and pure. The loud crunch of his sandals as he walked towards the small home he had shared with his mother and father...

The clatter of china hitting the table beside him roused Kyashi from his daydreaming. Sheepishly, he cast a glance up at the older woman who was smiling down at him.

"I was...thinking about snow." His voice was soft, as were his mannerisms as he moved to set the small table in the teahouse where he worked. The woman merely shook her head, before returning to her place behind the counter. She had taken him in, giving him a warm bed, 3 square meals and a job. A real job, one where his…special talents weren't needed.

The 15-year-old adjusted the table settings, before returning his attention to his work. The Happy Sunshine Teahouse was set in a small out-of-the-way corner of Mid-level Coruscant, a place where regulars would come to get away from the usual hustle and bustle of the city. Its quaint atmosphere was comforting to those who came here after a long day of working in the tall towers that covered the planet.

He made his way to the nearest table, bowing slightly and smiling at the person seated there. He removed a small pad of paper from his apron pocket, smoothing down the front of his light colored kimono before taking a pencil from behind his ear. Some people would give him quick glances -- with his uniform on, and long black hair hanging loosely down his back, he resembled a young girl more than a boy. "'Hello, may I take your order?"

Lillian Snow
Nov 17th, 2003, 08:41:28 PM
"Oh, just sweet tea, thank you," Lillian murmurs absently. She's trying to juggle Titian's needs with studying a datapad, and she's not having much success. The little boy has learned to wriggle, and is squirming all around in an attempt to see everything. Lillian finally manages to hold him still, but this brings out a rare bout of crying from the boy. He wants to see this new person!

Kyashi
Nov 17th, 2003, 09:01:19 PM
He winches at the childs' outburst, unconciously reaching out with the Force in an attempt to quiet him. He quickly scribbles down the order on his pad, before slipping away to the kitchen area.

Lillian Snow
Nov 18th, 2003, 02:29:34 PM
Titian sniffles, feeling calmer and burying his face against his mother. Lillian sighs with relief, rubbing his back and studying the datapad set before her. Something prickles the back of her neck as Titian finally stops sniffling. Someone in this tea house is a Force user.

Kyashi
Nov 18th, 2003, 11:46:38 PM
There it was. That feeling again -- it sent a shiver up his spine and made him pause as he prepared a fresh pot of sweet tea.

It had been a long time since he had felt it. It made him nervous, his hands shook as he returned to the young womans' table. A forced smile crossed his lips as he set down the tea-pot and cup in front of Lillian, then gave the rest of the customers a quick glance-over.
"Can I get you anything else, Miss?"

Lillian Snow
Nov 19th, 2003, 10:23:51 PM
"Um...no, I don't think so."

Lillian's raising a curious brow at him, feeling a lull around the boy. There is something about him...it's nagging at the back of her heart. Titian's asleep now, though his face is oriented towards Kyashi.

"No, I don't need anything else. Titian's asleep, so we're fine."

Kyashi
Nov 19th, 2003, 11:24:39 PM
There was something about this young woman, something that bothered Kyashi as he turned to go back to his work. She didn't look like one of them...but then why did he have this feeling?

He went about his work, collecting stacks of dishes from the surrounding tables, taking them into the kitchen. But his mind kept going back to the young woman, and the nagging feeling he had about her. Had he known that he was sending out the same feelings to her, he would have stopped and talked to her. Instead he continued working, trying to focus his thoughts else-where.

imported_Kanji
Nov 22nd, 2003, 08:29:42 PM
“The Happy Sunshine Teahouse? Sounds pleasant!”

Kanji, in his much-compacted human form, happily exclaimed softly. Hands in his newly discovered joy pant’s pockets, from over the top of thin framed lenses, the Jedi Padawan examine the oriental design of the establishment, feeling a short ping of nostalgia from afar.

He entered the establishment quickly, almost passing right by Lillian without notice until the babe in her arms cooed softly.

“Hello, Lady Snow! Did not expect to see you and your son here! Pleasant so far?”

Lillian Snow
Nov 22nd, 2003, 09:18:27 PM
"Sort of..." Lillian replies, pouring some of the tea. "Titian was crying over something earlier, but he's calmed himself down and taken a nap. It's odd how suddenly he became quiet. Usually he fights a bit harder before he goes to sleep."

Kyashi
Nov 22nd, 2003, 10:08:04 PM
He continued his rounds of stacking dishes, trying to keep his mind on other things when another customer entered the tea-house. And stopped at the young womans' table. His breath escaped his lips in a soft hiss as he felt the hair on the back of his neck rise. That feeling again....

Another forced smile as he once again approached the table. He paused, bowing slightly in front of Kanji before gesturing for him to sit. "Hello, sir, may I help you?"

imported_Kanji
Nov 22nd, 2003, 10:21:13 PM
Kanji nodded softly to the server, "Herbal tea, please. Does not matter which herb is used."

Looking back down at Lillian, he spoke; "Mind if I sit with you, Lady Snow?"

Lillian Snow
Nov 23rd, 2003, 09:59:15 PM
"Please do, Kanji," Lillian says with a smile. "It'd make me feel much better to have you with me."

Kanji is the first guy Lillian's been able to open up to since her...accident. Thanks to her meeting with him she's been making progress with some of her fears. Offering him a seat is the least she can do for him.

Kyashi
Nov 23rd, 2003, 10:24:28 PM
"mmhmm.." He mumbled, walking quickly into the back kitchen. His stomach was churning as the bad feelings grew. He couldn't help but remember the last time he had this feeling as he prepared a fresh pot of tea for the gentleman. His fingers lingered in the long scar that ran from one side of his neck to the other -- the last thing he had recieved from his father before he had died...

He returned with the mans tea, setting it down on the table, his thoughts still somewhere else. "Would you like anything else sir?"

imported_Kanji
Nov 25th, 2003, 08:05:12 PM
Kanji had sat by the time his order had been delivered by Kyashi.

"No, this is fine, Sai. I thankee'," He gave a short kowtow in his seat, catching a glimpse of some strange mark under the server's chin. Though dismissed soon thereafter, Kanji took a long quiet sip of the tea - savoring the taste. Sitting his cup down, he turned slightly to Lillian.

"I see, Lady Snow, that you're overcoming your fears? It is a great feat!"

Lillian Snow
Nov 29th, 2003, 08:42:03 PM
"Well you started it," Lillian answers, not seeing the scar. "I talked to you first, then when I told Logic he started doing some work on it, and then I had Titian...I suppose I'm just lucky."

Titian is most of the reason she's not curling into a ball at the passing of the male servers and patrons. As much as she hates the baby, he's her safety blanket...her own little shield.

Kyashi
Dec 3rd, 2003, 09:44:20 PM
He stopped. He sensed something from the woman sitting next to him that left a sour taste in his mouth...a frown formed on his lips, his own thoughts slipping into Lillians mind.

Disgusting...how can you hate your own flesh and blood? He's just an innocent baby..

Lillian Snow
Dec 8th, 2003, 08:50:34 PM
Lillian squeaks and almost drops her teacup, jarring Titian from sleep and making the boy howl. Quickly she tries to shush him, hiding his face against her and rocking him soothingly, but it's not working. She tries a trick her mother used on her; she takes his pacifier and dips it in her tea before giving it to him. The sudden flavor is surprising to him; the baby takes the volume down a few decibals. She turns a glare at Kyashi.

"What do you think you're doing?" she asks indignantly.

imported_Kanji
Dec 9th, 2003, 05:37:06 PM
Kanji blinks, looking from Lillian to the server. Kyashi doesn't seem to be doing anything harmful.

"What is going on?"

Kyashi
Dec 9th, 2003, 08:00:08 PM
Hmmm?

He gave Lillian a brief glance over his shoulder. "Is something wrong?"

Lillian Snow
Dec 9th, 2003, 09:48:50 PM
"You used telepathy!"

Lillian's glaring as if he'd molested her. He's touched upon her worst secret. It's jarring that he could let the world know how abominable it is for her to hate her child.

"You just read my mind!"

imported_Kanji
Feb 16th, 2004, 07:08:10 PM
Kanji suddenly looks completely lost. Here, there was a nice conversation, then Lady Snow bursts out in accusations! He turned his snout from Lillian to Kyashi, then back to Lillian.

"Please, Lady Snow! Calm yourssself, I'm ssssure there issss an explanation if Ssssir here did." He looked up to the server, a quizzical tone upon his voice, "... did you?"

Kyashi
Feb 16th, 2004, 07:18:55 PM
"I..." He stammered, backing up, a look of panic starting to grow on his face. The table in front of Kanji shakes slightly before skittering across the floor and falling with a crash. Kyashis' hands go up into a defensive position, ready in case one of them tries anything.

"Just...stay away."

imported_Kanji
Feb 16th, 2004, 07:24:57 PM
"ACK!"

Kanji, ironically, tried to save his tea, only managing to catch it... just as it spilt out onto the floor. He gave an look at the cup that could only be compared to that of the famed 'Puppy Eyes'. He set the cup on the floor in defeat before looking to the panicked Kyashi.

"Ssssir! We're not going to do anything to you, I jusssst wissshed to know, that wassss all."

Lillian Snow
Feb 16th, 2004, 08:09:45 PM
Lillian curls up in the corner of the chair, getting as far from Kyashi as she can and holding in Titian in an almost defensive position.

"You leave me alone!" she counters. "You've got no right prying into my mind!"

Titian hears his mother's panic and screams.

Kyashi
Feb 17th, 2004, 08:49:20 PM
His hands clamp down on his ears as the child screams, his mother holding him out like a shield. Kyashi glares at them, and Titian quiets down again, just like before...He then turned his attention to Kanji.

"I know how your kind are...Stay away from me...." He gets back into a defensive pose, focusing on the two Jedi, watching for any sign of danger.

imported_Kanji
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:11:11 PM
Kanji sighs deeply and turns to Lillian, "Lady Snow, please. Calm yourself, please? There is reason to be upset, but things can be worked out."

He turned back to the server, Kanji disliked being the middle of conflicts like these. Too stressful!

"How our 'kind' are?" He gave a confused look, "My species or the Jedi? Of course... not my kind... I apologise. Sir, what are 'our' kind like... if I may ask?"

Lillian Snow
Feb 19th, 2004, 04:19:44 PM
Lillian doesn't want to hear Kyashi's answer. She doesn't want him around, period. Kanji's reassurances aren't helping her; fear of having her secret turned loose in the world is consuming her. His defensive posture looks to her like an open invitation, a challenge for her to stop him. She fears that at any moment, he'll spring on her...to hurt her, to berate her for her terrible attitude towards Titian.

She won't let it happen...no, no she won't! Her mentors have all advised her to be more assertive, less timid, to take matters into her own hands when a problem arrives. She does. Tea saucers from seven tables fire with the speed of bullets from their positions, launched telekinetically at Kyashi's throat.

Kyashi
Feb 19th, 2004, 05:10:54 PM
Shards of china fly everywhere as the saucers impact against Kyashis' raised arms and the wall behind him. He grits his teeth, pulling a particularly large piece from his right forearm, blood dripping slowly down his elbow. Lillian suddenly finds herself on the floor, the result of a hard force-push from the boy.

imported_Kanji
Feb 19th, 2004, 05:44:05 PM
He saw it just too late.

"NO!"

Plates, cups, saucers started to fly.

"Ssstop! Pleasssse!"

Lillian Snow
Feb 19th, 2004, 06:03:02 PM
Not just the chinaware...forks and spoons join the assault as Lillian falls, jarring her baby boy into another burst of frightened screaming. If she can get rid of him, that vile, terrible man, then everything will be okay...it'll be okay.

Kyashi
Feb 21st, 2004, 08:59:10 AM
He ducks, trying avoid another barage of flying utensils, grabbing a serving tray and sending more china to the floor. He uses it to shield himself, before flinging it at Kanji as hard as he can. Maybe if he can focus the womans' attention to her friend, he can escape.

imported_Kanji
Feb 21st, 2004, 04:53:47 PM
Kanji's continous protests, trying his best to stop them both, went unheard. A knife sliced across his brow and drew blood, had he been two inches forward he might've been killed. Enough was enough.

Kanji let loose of his human form, shifting back into his draconic-like structure...

"SSSTOP THI-" The dish hit him square in the back, knocking him to stumble torward Lillian, "-Agh! Nonssssenssss NOW!" He starts to wade through the flying culinary, shattering dishes with strikes of his tail and guarding his face and neck with raised arms, and his wings tucked closer to his body, hoping to get close enough to calm Lillian down, that's his first priority.

Lillian Snow
Feb 22nd, 2004, 08:19:40 PM
Lillian is curled into a ball, holding her crying baby to her tightly. Her eyes are shut tightly and tears stream from them steadily. Over the sound of shattering chinaware and the confused cries of the other patrons, a person listening closely might hear her desperate chanting.

"Please go away, please go away, please go away..."

The knife that grazed Kanji flies true towards Kyashi, on a path that will take the blade to his neck..

Kyashi
Feb 22nd, 2004, 08:30:48 PM
The knife stops inches from Kyashis' neck, the blade glistening slightly with Kanjis' blood. A low growl is heard over all the other racket, as the blade is slammed hard into a nearby table top.

"ENOUGH!" His voice is loud, the anger in it clear as he stares down the two Jedi. "I don't want to kill you...but if you won't stop this..."

imported_Kanji
Feb 22nd, 2004, 08:39:22 PM
Kanji kneels beside Lillian, scooping her up into his arms just as Kyashi's voice boomed. He holds her like she holds her child, tightly but not enough to crush the baby or her. His wings fold over to cover the two in his arms as the Draco's soothing voice drowns out the clatter.

"Lillian... Titan, shhh... it's all fine, calm... calm.."

In Kyashi's mind, She is scared, lad. Very scared...

"Listen to Kanji, everythingssss fine..."

She can't help it...

"Everythingssss fine, I'm here..."

He was very good at this, those little tykes in the daycare could testify!

Lillian Snow
Feb 24th, 2004, 09:18:44 PM
She hides her face against Kanji, murmuring past the dryness in her throat.

"Make him go away..."

Titian burbles, making an almost uneasy sound.

Kyashi
Feb 24th, 2004, 09:41:11 PM
The dishes smash to the floor along with the rest of the silverware that was in mid-flight. His breath comes out in hard pants as he kneels, eyes closing. His hands find two particularly large sharp pieces of broken glass, which he grips tightly, ignoring the fact that it's sliced through his palms. Kyashi concentrates, his eyes shut tight, and lets the shards fly at the Dracos' unprotected back. Hopefully, his "weapons" will hit their mark...

imported_Kanji
Feb 25th, 2004, 06:22:32 PM
Kanji's whole body tightens when the shards puncture past his scales and bury deep into the flesh under. His words die on his tounge and he starts to quiver... those shards might've caused damage than expected..

Lillian Snow
Feb 26th, 2004, 12:04:45 PM
Lillian winces at Kanji's reaction to the attack. He's been hurt!

"Let's just leave..." she whispers. "Can you still move?"

Kanji is protecting her. She's safe now, the knowledge of that is calming to her. She presses her hand to him and lets the Force flow. Her recent panic is hindering her, but she can feel the power building. If Kanji can take them to safety, she can heal him.

imported_Kanji
Feb 26th, 2004, 07:37:15 PM
Kanji starts to move, his right wing numb and limp. He wouldn't fight back, not Kanji; He didn't like it. His useless wing knocked over a chair and caused Kanji to whince loudly in pain.

Kyashi
Feb 28th, 2004, 11:56:48 AM
More shards fly at Kanjis' injured form, these ones smaller then the first, but just as sharp, aiming for his legs. These are followed by knives, forks, anything sharp Kyashi can find in the mess on the floor. His eyes are cold as he continues his attack, determined to finish what he's already started.

imported_Kanji
Feb 28th, 2004, 09:26:26 PM
Kanji yelped as the smaller shards embedded into his calfs, causing the draco to collapse to his knees.

"Lillian, you... AGH.... go! NOW!" He growled out, releasing the Jedi and her child from his grip. This Server had pushed it long enough; Kanji was leaving, yet he persisted on attacking! Kanji pushed Lillian, urging her to go before he decided on how to deal with this violence.

Gav Mortis
Mar 1st, 2004, 08:43:59 PM
The shards of broken glass, the cutlery and china hurtling towards Kanji were suddenly diverted, the volley of unorthodox weaponry was parted and the projectiles were either embedded into or broken against the walls on either side of the Teahouse. Then torn from the female Jedis arms was her child, the baby boy landed softly in the lap of a man sat quietly in a corner table. He cradled the child gentley in his armed and began nursing it into silence.

"You woman, are unfit to be a mother and as such I am apprehending your child. I can do this for two reasons; one, I will make a better parent than you and two, I can kill you if you dare resist me; so be a good girl and run along." His gaze then fell upon the baby in his arms and rocking it with all the experience of a good parent, he sent the child into a peaceful sleep. "Boy, should this woman fail to adhere to my requests, kill her. The dragon is mine."

Lillian Snow
Mar 2nd, 2004, 06:20:12 PM
"NO!"

Lillian hurries towards Gav in a panic. He's going to take her son!

"You can't! He's mine!" she sobs. "No mother would let her son be stolen from her. I won't let you!"

She stumbles, feeling suddenly weak, and gives a violent cough as she falls to her knees.

"Give him back..." she whispers.

Gav Mortis
Mar 2nd, 2004, 06:35:35 PM
"Kill her."

imported_Kanji
Mar 2nd, 2004, 06:44:42 PM
"Kill her."

Kanji whirled furiously! If he thought Kanji would let one of his comrades be killed in cold blood, then the human had another thing coming for him. The draco flared his wings lightly and hissed, the first time expressing anger in months.

"There will be NO ssssuch!" He growled, glaring at Gav.

Kyashi
Mar 2nd, 2004, 06:56:17 PM
Kyashi nodded, kneeling and finding three knives amongst the rumble. He aimed one for Lillians' back, before focusing his attenton on the Draco before him. As Kanji flared his wings, he felt a sudden sharp pang in his back -- Kyashi pushed the knives in harder, in an attempt to distract this one from the newcomer.

Gav Mortis
Mar 2nd, 2004, 07:06:26 PM
"Creature, I've tamed beasts far more wild and ferocious than yourself; don't try to intimidate me; either learn some tricks to impress your audience or you'll die, be it by my hand--"

Kyashi burried his weapon into the Draco. Gav grinned, still sat calm in his seat, nursing the child.

"--Or his."

Then Gav decided to take the kneeling female padawan into hand, without a glance or gesture, the Sith siezed the woman by the throat in a telekinetic grip and hoisting her into the air, feet leaving the ground, he slowly began strangling the life out of his victim.

imported_Kanji
Mar 2nd, 2004, 07:22:38 PM
Kanji yelled with pain as the knives peirced through his back. In fury, he caught a nearby chair and hurled it at Kyashi. His next motion was turning to glare at Gav, the knives freshly out of his mind the instant he saw Lillian suspended.

"NO!" He growled, moving to assault Gav. He'd tear his throat out if Lillian came to harm!

Lillian Snow
Mar 6th, 2004, 01:15:47 AM
Lillian can barely gasp before Gav is strangling the life out of her. She tries to breathe, gurgling as her hands reach up to her neck, as if trying to free herself from hands that are choking her. She coughs hard, and her mouth fills with a strangely metallic taste, one that she knows very well as blood. The padawan girl looks pleading on her aggressor as fear grows like a quickly spreading plague in her heart. He's going to take her son...he's going to take her son!

"No..." she whispers. The fear is growing, swelling and bringing the Force with it. Her own weak powers of telekinesis begin to struggle against Gav. She doesn't want to die! She doesn't want Titian to be taken!

Kyashi
Mar 6th, 2004, 04:42:35 PM
The chair catches the boy off-guard, smashing into him and sending him sprawling on the floor, dazed.

Gav Mortis
Mar 10th, 2004, 07:37:03 PM
Lillian, thanks to her resistance, had managed to wriggle free of his grip enough to take a much needed gasp for air but in seeing an angered Draco heading his way, Gav released her and let her fall to the floor once again.

"I warn you, beast, do not toy with me." He said coolly, still sat nursing the baby. "You will only end up hurting those you care about."

A ring of fire suddenly surrounded the young woman and the flames leapt up high, lapping at the teahouse ceiling. Gav stood, the child held in one arm and quickly, he bit his thumb and pressed it gently against the babys forehead, marking it crimson.

"If you wish no harm upon the child, I suggest you stand back and let the boy show you that of which he is made--"

Gav glanced across to the dazed boy. "What will it be, boy, fight or flight?"

Lillian Snow
Mar 10th, 2004, 08:04:25 PM
Lillian takes a few deep breaths, watching through the fire as he marks her baby's head with his blood.

"Stop that! Leave him alone!"

She moves forward, but quickly draws away from the heat of the flames.

"Put him down! You can't take him from me!"

Kyashi
Mar 10th, 2004, 08:24:01 PM
Kyashi struggles to his feet, wobbling. A large gash on his forehead stains his face red, blood also dripping slowly from the wounds on his hands and arms. He looks weak, but seems to be forcing himself to remain standing, in spite of his injuries.

He nods to Gav, moving slowly into a fighting stance. "Fight."

imported_Kanji
Mar 10th, 2004, 08:39:18 PM
The Draco stopped in his charge, growling feircely with the command. He wouldn't force an attack if it caused either Lillian or her childe harm, he refused to do it. As the boy responded to Gav's question, Kanji half-turned and glared at the server.

"I refusssse to fight!"

Gav Mortis
Mar 10th, 2004, 08:55:46 PM
"Then the child will die."

Gav used his thumb to draw a small circle in the blood droplets on the baby's forehead, then running the blood-stained thumb down his little nose.

"Grocumet ecum takommet shiruch levirima; stullen cayote shiruch levirim umin chudi."

All at once, the child stops breathing and turns pale and as still as stone in the Sith's arms. Gav looks up at Kanji.

"Fight the boy otherwise her son will never wake."

imported_Kanji
Mar 12th, 2004, 07:39:42 AM
Kanji felt his heart die.

"I will fight him, you hellion!" He growled.

Lillian Snow
Mar 13th, 2004, 08:09:55 PM
Kanji's going to fight Kyashi? Lillian feels a bit of hope for her son and herself. Kanji is going to save them! Big, strong, kind-hearted Kanji...if anyone can do it, he can!

Kyashi
Mar 13th, 2004, 09:14:07 PM
He wobbles, pushing his hand out, palm flat, and sending a Force push towards Kanji, hoping to knock the larger creature off-balance.

Gav Mortis
Mar 14th, 2004, 06:55:05 AM
"Is that the best you can do, boy? A bit of a nudge isn't going to do much now, is it? You have to learn how to take this beast scum into hand - use your brains."

imported_Kanji
Mar 14th, 2004, 09:38:41 PM
Kanji swayed back from the push, but unphased by it. He lifts up his right talon'ed hand and extendes the deadly-sharp points in Kyashi's direction. He focused his mind, just like his tutor had told him...

I'm sorry...

... and sent a heavy Force Push back.

Kyashi
Mar 14th, 2004, 09:53:22 PM
Smash. The force of Kanjis' push sent Kyashis' already battered body through a table. Again, the boy slowly rose to his feet, swaying. His eyes close tightly as he begins to focus on the shards of china that covered the floor; the shards begin to shake, slowly lifting from the tiles and hovering in the air...Hundreds of shards fly at Kanji, all shapes and sizes, with more following.

Gav Mortis
Mar 15th, 2004, 09:14:34 AM
"Your telekinetic prowess is impressive, boy. Try using your skills to choke the life out of that beast."

Gav then turned to the woman, still surrounded by fire and he beamed, wide-eyed with exaggerated glee. "Ooh, isn't this exciting? Who do you have your money on? I think the beast will lose."

imported_Kanji
Mar 15th, 2004, 07:10:58 PM
Kanji grabbed the closest table he could reach and brought it up as quickly as his injured body would allow. Some of the shards, a good many of them, escaped past the barrier before it was erected, digging into the draco's scales or merely glancing off. His limp wing took many hits through the membrane...

Gav Mortis
Mar 15th, 2004, 07:15:06 PM
"Ooh! That looked painful. Poor wretch."

Kyashi
Mar 15th, 2004, 09:07:27 PM
Tea kettles come next, half empty ones, full ones, smashing against the Jedis' make-shift shield, sending boiling water splashing everywhere.

Lillian Snow
Mar 18th, 2004, 12:14:01 PM
"Kanji's going to win!" Lillian's voice is trying to be confident for Kanji, but still wavers from her fear for her son. "He'll beat that brat and then he'll take Titian back from you!"

imported_Kanji
Mar 18th, 2004, 04:14:04 PM
Kanji hissed as the water splashed against his talons, it didn't hurt as it did to a normal being. His anger began to boil much like the water in the kettles had once done, with effort, the draco-kin heaved the table over his head and hurled it at Kyashi while emitting a battle roar.

Kyashi
Mar 18th, 2004, 04:45:12 PM
His eyes still shut tight, he raises his hands, completely focused. The table slows, barely stopping in front of the boy before it falls to the ground. Kyashi slumps, visibly tired from the strain he's putting on himself.

imported_Kanji
Mar 18th, 2004, 05:15:51 PM
Kanji took weak step, tail lashing in the air behind he, the wounds on his legs screaming in protest. He bit the pain back, rolling his talons into fists. He wouldn't allow ANY more harm to come. This was it, the finale: No more playing, no more pain.

Kyashi
Mar 18th, 2004, 05:25:01 PM
The boy called more shards up - two large thin ones - into his hands, and lunges at Kanji. He slashes at the Dracos' unprotected stomach, the shards digging in as deep as the weakened boy can force them. He slips down into a crouch, lashing out with a sweeping kick to Kanjis' already wounded legs.

imported_Kanji
Mar 18th, 2004, 06:53:42 PM
Kanji yowled with pain as one shard dug deep into his side, the other merely glanced off his scales - leaving in wake a long, shallow gash. Despite his size, Kanji easily crumbed under the sweep. His talon shot out as he fell and dug into the flesh of Kyashi's shoulder, pulling the boy down with him.

Don't fight me anymore, boy! You'll die! Kanji's slitted eyes burned as his mind plead.

Kyashi
Mar 18th, 2004, 07:09:10 PM
Kyashi hit the floor hard, knocking the wind out him as the talon clawed deeply into his shoulder. He winced, but didn't make a sound as he grabbed the dracos' arm and yanked it away, a large chunk of flesh going with it. He shoved the Jedi off him, panting, reaching behind him and searching for anything he could use as a weapon.

imported_Kanji
Mar 18th, 2004, 07:18:05 PM
Kanji grimaced internally, but he hissed in rage. He clamored up to his feet slowly, weaving back and forth. Spots appeared in his vision and he yanked the shard from his side. He repeated in his mind 'I told him!' and it made him feel... better about it.

"LOREAT!"

He thrust out his talon, summoning the force around him. He sent two quick Force shoves, then collapsed down to his knees, breathing heavily.

Kyashi
Mar 18th, 2004, 07:26:11 PM
He was sent skittering across the floor, his body picking up shards of broken china untill he hit the opposite wall. The boy laid on his back, glazed over eyes staring up at the ceiling while his chest heaved.

Rolling onto his stomach, he struggled onto his feet, brushing himself off to remove what shards of glass had dug into his skin. He staggered towards Kanji once more...

imported_Kanji
Mar 18th, 2004, 07:28:40 PM
"Stop while you still live, pothoc!" Kanji growled, getting one leg under himself and pushing up to a weak stand.

Gav Mortis
Mar 18th, 2004, 07:34:56 PM
"The beast is afraid. Finish him, boy!"

James Prent
Mar 18th, 2004, 08:26:44 PM
The Happy Sunshine Teahouse wasn't her usual haunts, but then, she was usually stuck under an enormous amount of studies in her rooms, so no where counted as her usual haunts. Except for the Archives...yes, she could be found there often.

James Prent had been out for a run, having already covered three miles of pedwalk, and found herself drawing near to the teahouse. As soon as she got close enough to sense it, she knew something was wrong. And then she heard a scream, recognizing it instantly. Lillian.

The five foot tall padawan hadn't seen her classmate in months, due to Lillian's self imposed seclusion after a horrible ordeal in the lower levels of Coruscant. She only heard about her now from their joint master, Salemn Lysce. But Lillian was obviously in distress.

James jogged over to the Happy Sunshine Teahouse door, and peered in. A wave of anger, fear, and something else flooded over her senses, and she nearly withdrew in a panic, but quickly calmed herself. A Jedi knows no fear. Her hand went to her hip for her lightsaber, but she'd left it in her rooms, finding the bump of it against her body as she ran to be distracting.

"The beast is afraid. Finish him, boy!" The speaker was a distinctive man, black hair framing an attractive face. But the face was twisted, angry and evil as he ordered a young boy to finish off a struggling draconian alien.

Lillian was stuck in a ring of fire, and what James assumed to be her child was wrapped up in the arms of the man. James swallowed hard, and switched her commlink on, leaving an open signal to the Order that someone back at the Jedi Temple would hopefully notice.

"Stop this madness!" The padawan spoke with an authority she hardly used, looking straight at the black haired man. She focused her attention on him, figuring the draconian alien (who she suddenly realized was a fellow padawan) could handle the little boy.

Gav Mortis
Mar 19th, 2004, 06:38:06 AM
"Why?" Gav shot back indignantly then glancing to Kanji and Kyashi, smiled. "They seem to be enjoying themselves."

The Sith appeared to have made a decision and stirred in his seat and slowly the colour returned to the babys skin. Titian's eyes opened and as silent as a mouse, laid still in Gav's arsm. He hushed James, who was approaching with caution, and pointed down to the child. Then he gave her a wink and stood.

"You people have a habit of crawling out of the woodwork." Standing, Gav rested the baby comfortably in his seat behind him. His eyes were fixed upon James, even as Lillian's firey prison died away and his hand came to the lightsaber at his side.

"And you, my dear, should not have interfered."

Kyashi
Mar 19th, 2004, 05:01:45 PM
One vicious kick and the leg of the table came off easily into the boys' hands. He swung it as hard as he could at the padawans' head, still feeling the affects of Kanjis' last Force push.

imported_Kanji
Mar 19th, 2004, 05:06:42 PM
Kanji's left forearm came up quickly and caught the brunt of the strike, his right talons curling into a fist and driving for Kyashi's chest.

James Prent
Mar 20th, 2004, 03:54:56 PM
She could still run away, her body would be easy enough to extract from the doorway. If she did, and he followed, she had a fair to middling chance of outrunning him and leading him away from Lillian and the baby. If he did not use the Force to run with....which he would.

But her body stepped inside the Teahouse fully, and turned to face the Dark sider who was reaching for his lightsaber. James swallowed, glancing about to see if either of the other two padawans have lightsabers, which they don't or they would have been using them.

"Should or no, I have now." She focused on the lightsaber at the black haired man's side, and formed a picture of it in her mind, and pulled at it. Her Force telekinesis was not perfect, but once she had her mind on something her strong and steady pull (not a yank, as most padawans) would not be resisted.

Gav Mortis
Mar 24th, 2004, 08:57:27 AM
Just as his fingers came into contact with the cold metal, Gav felt his lightsaber slip away before he could grasp it and looked on as it headed for the young Jedi. Irritated, he focused on his levitating weapon and its surface became piping hot; he assumed James would drop the weapon in suprise when it came to her hand and when she did, he would pull it back.

"That's a nice trick, Jedi, but it wont save you now."

Kyashi
Mar 24th, 2004, 06:44:13 PM
He can't dodge the fist, and it slams hard into the battered boys' chest. Blood spills from the corners of his mouth as he gasps for air, staggering back from Kanjis' strike.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 24th, 2004, 07:43:50 PM
Wei sauntered down the street, looking high and low for a person.

"Can't seem to find her. Mom's going to have a cow."

Wei remembered a few days ago when he had been talking to his mother about Lillian Snow.

She's such a sweet girl, his mother had said. Oh, but she is afraid, and needs some protection. So I want you to be a dear and look out for her, ok?

Wei, not quite sure what he had gotten himself into agreed.

The Knight sighed. This was turning out to be pretty unfruitful. That's when it happened. A loud crash, and Lillian shrieking at the top of her lungs. Lillian was the only Jedi Wei knew that ever shrieked in fear.

"Oh goodness," he muttered, and went in through the side entrance.

"Well, isn't this a mess?" Wei said to himself, looking at the ruined teahouse. "Lillian? Lillian?"

Then Wei saw Gav. "Oh. He's got Titian."

The situation was too far gone for words. Kanji had Kyashi under control, but Gav was having just too much fun for his own good.

"Wow, look at you." Wei said in a mocking tone. "Threatening children, and harassing women? I figured you'd be the one doing all the fighting. Instead, I see you've got some kid doing your dirty work. Some Darksider you turned out to be, huh? All you do is talk big. Now how about you put the baby down and pick on somebody your own size...like me."

Wei knew he was asking for a lot of trouble by provoking Gav in such a manner, but if it got him to leave Titian and Lillian alone, then it was well worth it.

Lillian Snow
Mar 25th, 2004, 08:27:51 PM
Mister Wei! Now things are looking better, much better. Kanji has Kyashi almost done, and with James and Wei here, Gav won't last much longer either. Feeling somewhat more confident, she begins to consider. Titian is right by the darksider, lying on the seat asleep. Maybe if they can get Gav away, she can get him.

imported_Kanji
Mar 26th, 2004, 04:26:06 PM
Kanji fell to all fours, glaring at the double-over youngster. His vision is blurring from the loss of blood and his body fights to keep up, but it's a losing battle, quickly losing.

Kyashi
Mar 26th, 2004, 08:56:21 PM
He regains his footing, raising the his weapon above his head and bringing it crashing down on Kanjis'. The table leg splinters and Kyashi falls to his knees, breathing heavily.

imported_Kanji
Mar 28th, 2004, 09:53:12 AM
Stars exploded with brillance in Kanji's mind, he reeled from the blow then collapsed to the side.

James Prent
Mar 29th, 2004, 07:54:41 PM
James took the saber in her hand when it came to her, but dropped it nearly immediately as the heat held within the handle seared her hand. She bit back a curse, and the saber fell to the ground, her concentration on it broken.

And then another Jedi walked in. She recognized him from the Council, Knight Wei, but she still felt uneasy. Was this the confrontation with a Darksider that she'd dreamy about? Was she going to die today?

Fear threatened to grip her as the baby started crying again. She'd fought a darksider in her visions while Jax wailed in the background. What if it wasn't Jax crying in her visions. What if...

Council Member Wei was trying to get the darksider to attack him, telling him to pick on someone his own size. James still felt the dark haired man's eyes on her, however, as the other two inhabitants of the Teahouse both fell to the ground.

The boy who had been attacking the draconian smashed a table leg on the alien's head, and then fell to his knees, apparently out of breath, but more than able to launch another attack. James took only a split second to decide to let Wei do his best to distract the dark haired man, and darted towards the boy. As she ran, there was something about her that Gav felt that he recognized, but he couldn't think what it was, as they had never met.

James placed her small body between the boy and the draconian (she was barely taller than the boy, come to think of it) and held her hand out in a warning gesture. "This stops right now." She began getting a picture of the boy in the Force, fixing his shape in her mind.

Kyashi
Mar 29th, 2004, 10:16:46 PM
He staggered to his feet, his expression confused. His gaze turned to Gav, as if seeking instructions on what to do next, before meeting James' own eyes.

Gav Mortis
Apr 4th, 2004, 12:41:19 PM
"Oh, you make me feel all young again!" Gav laughed heartily at Wei, his weapon glided across the floor and leapt into his hand, once again metal cold. He sneered. "If you think that I am going to succumb to those childish mind games then you've already sealed your own fate, Jedi."

Then the female caught his attention, she had suddenly darted off towards Kanji and Kyasi; clearly she was of no concern for the time being but there was something about her which held the Siths eye. As she ran, there was something about her that Gav felt that he recognized, but he couldn't think what it was, as they had never met. She had a righteous fire in her and should she try to stand in his way once more, he vowed to extinguish that flame.

"Don't just stand there, boy. Kill her and do it using your ability to move objects with your mind - keep a distance between you both; she has a lightsaber, you do not." Gav barked as his own weapon came to life casting a red hue on his face. Now his eyes were fixed on Wei and slowly, he approached. He grinned.

"Lets see what they're training you at the temple these days."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:54:23 PM
In one motion Wei unclipped the lightsaber from his belt and activated it, bringing it up and ready. Oh goodness. Here it goes.

It would do no good to blindly rush in. Instead, the Jedi Knight opted to walk calmly among the overturned tables, closing the distance between Gav at a decently steady pace. Wei only hoped his heart remained as steady as his foosteps.

The first priority on Wei's "to do list" was to put some distance, or something between Gav and Titian. One Wei had managed to get close enough to the Sith Master, Wei quickly darted between him and the baby and lunged with a quick thrust to push his adversary away.

imported_Kanji
Apr 4th, 2004, 10:18:55 PM
Kanji's eye flutters open, his bleeding is starting to stop itself and his natural healing is working in full force. The Draconian's vision is blurred and he feels weak and nausiated but not yet out of the game. Feebily he turns onto his stomach and slowly begins to attempt to gain his footing. He could distinguish James's legs as turned away from him, so he took no assaulting action.

James Prent
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:46:05 PM
The boy did nothing, only stood up and looked confused. His change from agressor to bewildered child set James aback for a moment. She kept her hand out towards him, but looked backwards over her shoulder at the draconian. The padawan was stirring, trying to get up.

Quickly she looked back at the boy, who was still standing there. The dark haired man was paying no attention to them, and it seemed to have left the boy at a loss. James subconciously tightened her fingers, securing the boy in place with the Force with some effort.

"You gonna be okay?" Her Basic was a vague mix of accents, the 'unaccented' Basic found on the Core worlds. "Padawan, are you all right?"

imported_Kanji
Apr 5th, 2004, 10:03:19 AM
Kanji managed to get one leg under himself and fought to stand completely up. It was a useless battle, too much blood was lost to give what he needed to stand. His uninjured wing fanned momentarily then closed tightly against his body, the injured one twitched uselessly.

"Thric, Kanji hissed, "Valeij iejir, shar..."

Lillian Snow
Apr 6th, 2004, 07:17:05 PM
Kanji or Titian...both of them need her. She dithers a moment, watching, until Wei bursts between Gav and her son. She hurries to her baby boy, gathering him into her arms, holding him close as she backs away carefully. Now...she needs to help Kanji.

Gav Mortis
Apr 7th, 2004, 04:35:05 AM
Not one to stand on ceremony too heftily, Gav quickly batted Weis atack aside with his own lightsaber, his blade pushing against the Jedis weapon, he used it as a guide and his angry red saber slid up the length of his opponents blade towards the hilt and naturally, Weis now unguarded wrist; his hope was to take the Jedi out with an incapacitating hit and as soon as possible.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 7th, 2004, 09:57:36 AM
Wei stepped to the outside, turning his saber away from him and pointing the tip down so gravity and Gav's strength caused the red blade to slide down the Jedi's own sea green blade.

Once that threat had passed, Wei stabbed at the Sith's neck.

Gav Mortis
Apr 12th, 2004, 04:29:57 PM
The moment contact between the two lightsabers had ended, Gav brought his weapon up over his shoulder and the red blade stretched the length of his back thus intercepting the Jedi's attack. Again the lightsabers locked but this time Gav took advantage, he leaned back and aimed a sharp sidekick aimed for Wei's unprotected stomach.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 13th, 2004, 07:34:15 AM
Wei took the blow, but breathed out as he did so to lessen the impact.

"Nice kick."

Using his free hand, the Jedi Knight took hold of Gav's foot and quickly pushed it away, hoping to off balance the Sith in some way.

Kyashi
Apr 13th, 2004, 07:16:46 PM
His eyes met Gavs briefly as he gave a small nod of acknowledgement. He turned his attention back to James, wobbling in place as he began to focus on the debris around them. Slowly, shards of broken glass and pieces of furniture began to rise from the floor, hovering.

James Prent
Apr 13th, 2004, 09:00:35 PM
She gritted her teeth, she did not have a lightsaber, but that helped her gain some confidence. This dark haired man... this darksider did not know everything. He thought she did, she didn't, and in a twisted way she was comforted.

Glass rose up around her, and she knew she'd have to break the boy's concentration if she were to avoid an attack like the draco had sustained. Nothing was spare for vocalizations, so without a word she slammed the boy backwards through the Force, knocking the air out of him against the wall.

Bari Wedoru
Apr 13th, 2004, 10:19:23 PM
(If I can join in, thank ya! if not, just....forget this post and lemme know, please?)

Never an uneventful day for your average smuggler, pardon, businessman.
Bari Wedoru had just finished a sweet "business transaction" from an associate. Who knew spice smuggling could be that profitable? Hah! Funny how things like that worked out. Anyway, he'd been in the mood to relax with his temporary wealth, and he had heard of a fabulous teahouse...so naturally, he'd driven their on his black swoop bike. He just casually walked in, cigarette still smoking....but he froze in mid-step when he peered over his sunglasses at the scene before him
A fairly well to do looking fellow duking it out...with a lightsaber...with another guy who looked like the poster child of evil deeds...who also had a lightsaber...And a chick going for a child who had floating debris all around him...
----"....Force monkey's. Freaking great." He murmured, quickly ducking back behind the doorframe, hoping against hope he hadn't been noticed. True, as a smuggler he'd run into a fair share of Jedi, and through the years he'd learned to resist their tricky little mind techniques...but he still didn't want to push his luck. Bari put a finger to his sunglasses and pressed a hidden catch along the left lense, causing them to glow a dull red, then his hands quickly shot under his business jacket, removing a silver hand blaster and a larger one, with a slightly elongated barrel. Bari checked the cartridge on the longer one, cursing loudly.
----"Oh yes Bari, you'll never have any use for the caster rounds that just HAPPEN to work against Force apes...First chance I get I'm going back and buying the entire freaking case...if I can find them." He muttered, slapping the regular cartridge back in. Turning the safety off on both weapons, he peeked his head out to look at the situation.

Lillian Snow
Apr 14th, 2004, 11:23:46 PM
Lillian certainly hasn't noticed Bari by the door. She's too busy picking her way back behind the combatants, over towards Kanji.

"Kanji...can you move?" she whispers. "I got Titian back...if you can walk, we should leave. You need to be healed..."

But as she's speaking this, she looks up at James, Kyashi, Wei, and Gav. Will James and Wei be okay if they leave? Kyashi has been worn down by Kanji, and James is fresh on the field, fully rested and better prepared. Wei she knows is strong, but what if this man, with his terrifying Force magic, is stronger? It wouldn't do to abandon him...though if they made it back to GJO she might be able to send better help, like her tutor Salemn.

Lillian, you cannot rely on me forever, nor can you always rely on others!

She can see Salemn glaring now, with her arms folded and an admonishing tone in her telepathic voice. Salemn has been telling her that forever. Lillian's beginning to feel it's high time she got a grip on herself. Kanji has fought for her, James has fought for her, Wei has fought for her...now she will fight for them.

"Hang on, Kanji. I'll have you back to normal soon."

Lillian kneels, settling Titian on her knee to free one hand, and places that hand in the middle of Kanji's back. She shuts her eyes, focusing on this new goal. She will help them. The thought of it brings a smile to her face, and Kanji feels a gentle warmth spreading through his body as his bleeding stops and his wounds close.

imported_Kanji
Apr 15th, 2004, 07:34:33 PM
Kanji slumped over to one side, sprawling in a lay across the debris ridden floor. His eyes rolled torward Lillian, but he couldn't focus on her. The healing warmth was intoxicating, begging the draco's mind to fade away to a plesant sleep. No! Lillian was still in danger!

"L-" He tried to speak, "L-a...aaaady... Le-eave..."

Lillian Snow
Apr 19th, 2004, 08:00:20 AM
She shakes her head.

"No. Not without you. You've helped me so much already, and now I must help you."

imported_Kanji
Apr 19th, 2004, 09:05:28 PM
Kanji's eye closed, but his body started to move.

"Then we mu..." he coughed, "...st go.. now!"

He started for the door with a heavy footfall, then collapsed down onto his stomach with a growl. It was just too hard to move, his muscles were to the point of complete relaxation. If only he could transform into human shape, but would his wounds carry deeper into his flesh?

Lillian Snow
Apr 26th, 2004, 08:22:01 PM
"Just wait, please!" Lillian urges. "I'll be done in a moment or two, and then we'll go together."

She looks back towards the fighting. They seem to be fogotten by the combatants, so a clean getaway is assured.

"Not much longer. Then all your cuts and bruises will be healed and you'll be able to move much better."

Gav Mortis
Apr 27th, 2004, 07:00:25 PM
His foot was pushed away and Gav was thrown off balance but making full use of his agility he compensated with a turn and with a flourish of his now free lightsaber, the Sith pivoted a full circle and brought his weapon around for a decapitating blow. Once again, he found his attack blocked by the Jedi and unsuprisingly too.

"You're handy with that weapon of yours, my friend, it appears you can take the heat."

Not missing a beat, Gav spat at the Jedi's tunic however whilst in transit the saliva came alight and landed upon Wei's clothing, it instantly caught fire and the Sith took the opportunity to gain some distance from the lightsaber deadlock with a quick sweep to his opponents legs.

imported_Kanji
Apr 27th, 2004, 07:23:31 PM
Kanji's bleeding stops completely, but his fatigue lives on from the bloodloss. He manages to get both his arms under him and starts pushing his torso up. He curled a leg under his weight and quickly stood with a rush of vertigo.

"Where...agh... issss your childe?" He hissed out, trying to stablize himself with some sucess. Great for a hero that Lillian already has her child, and Kanji notices this after asking it - feeling quite stumped at it too.

"...nevermind. Flee now!" He corrects, then starts for the door at a weakly and wobbly pace.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 28th, 2004, 05:06:16 PM
Not bothering to try to put the flame out, Wei simply tore the tunic off his body, leaving him in his brown pants and the undershirt he had beneath his clothes, and got caught by the sweep.

"Interesting trick." Wei muttered, tossing the shirt away and springing to his feet. "I think I can now understand where the phrase 'Sithspit' comes from."

The tunic fell amongst a few of the splintered tables, threatening to raze the entire building.

Lillian Snow
Apr 29th, 2004, 04:17:02 PM
Lillian settles Titian on her hip, leaning hard against Kanji to steady him.

"No rush...They won't let anything happen. Take it slow, I don't want any of your deeper wounds to re-open." She bites her lip, wishing she could've done a more thorough job here. "Just take it easy. We'll be okay. Titian will protect us."

She looks at the sleeping boy balanced expertly against her. He's always been her little good-luck charm when she went out, her ward against harm. It's a silly thing to think, but it makes her feel better.

Kyashi
May 1st, 2004, 01:07:03 AM
Originally posted by James Prent
Glass rose up around her, and she knew she'd have to break the boy's concentration if she were to avoid an attack like the draco had sustained. Nothing was spare for vocalizations, so without a word she slammed the boy backwards through the Force, knocking the air out of him against the wall.

Kyashis' head bounced hard against the wall, his body falling limp on the floor.

Gav Mortis
May 5th, 2004, 09:22:31 AM
"Not neccessarily." Gav responded, a corner of his mouth curled, an amused half-smile. Slowly and cautiously, he navigated the wreckage comprised of broken tables and chairs, shattered glass and fallen cuttlery; Kyashi had certainly made a meal out of his confrontation with the Light Siders; and it dawned on him that with the youngster unconsious, he was left surrounded by a handful of unhappy Jedi.

"That interesting trick was just a little improvisation on my part, I'm quite good with fire, you see. Sithspit is a term used by people like yourself to dehumanize your enemy. The Force forbid you Jedi percieve Dark Siders as men, women and children. We're all human beings, aren't we?"

Behind Wei some teahouse furniture had caught fire, the heat from the flames trickling across the tablecloth had cracked a bottle of strong wine, the liquor seeped out and intrigued, Gav focused his power upon that bottle of liquor and the fire in which it was engulfed. His teeth clenched and eyes wide, he poured his blackest emotions into the point of concentration. Then kicking a table over he ducked behind it as the bottle of wine exploded furiously, the flames seemed to come alive with anger and similarly errupted in all directions; liquid fire rained down inside the teahouse as the contents of the wine bottle fell. What was once a blaze in it's infancy had suddenly become an explosive, raging inferno.

"But as you can say, Master Jedi, you would be correct." Gav called out from behind his cover, a smile of satisfaction on his face. "My kind are no human beings but beautiful hybrids of Gods and monsters."

James Prent
May 6th, 2004, 12:30:11 AM
The boy fell to the floor, unconscious, and James moved forward, kneeling beside him. She used two fingers to check his pulse, and felt a bit with the Force, determining that, at least, he was still alive and hadn't broken his back.

The padawan turned to help Lillian with the draconian (Kanji, he was called), and then the teahouse erupted into flames. James jumped backwards, fire dripping down between Lillian and her. Lillian looked startled at the outburst of flames, her son tucked against her hip, and Kanji still struggling to his feet. "Don't worry about me, I'll go out the back door. Hurry, Lillian!"

James turned, seeing the boy in danger of the flames. He deserved it, for what he'd done to Kanji, but she couldn't just let him be cooked in there. Against her better judgement, James grabbed the boy under the arms and started dragging him towards the kitchen, and then hopefully to the back door. Heat seared her eyes, and she coughed from the rising smoke.

Wei Wu Wei
May 6th, 2004, 09:59:07 PM
The Force flowed steadily through Wei's entire body, as he jumped and flipped and somersaulted to get out from under the fire droplets raining down. Some of the drops still managed to singe his clothes and hair, but he was otherwise unhurt.

"This certainly heats things up a bit," he punned.

The entire building became live with fire, making it hard to see for all the smoke in the room. Breathing also became more difficult.

"Yes, I can tell you lack that human heart. The kind that fears for its own life. Tell me, what is it that you hate so much?"

Even in the inferno, Wei's first instinct was to play counselor and try to help people solve their problems. His main concern though, was for the Padawans. The fire was only dangerous for Wei as long as it remained dangerous for the others.

imported_Kanji
May 7th, 2004, 09:41:34 PM
"Nevermind my woundssss!" He growled over the roar of the birthing flames. He reached out and started roughly pushing Lillian torward the doors, using enough power to propell the lass forward but not enough to send her head over heels. Kanji was hot on her heels whilest pushing.

Lillian Snow
May 9th, 2004, 10:12:55 PM
She squeaks, holding Titian to her chest and trying to turn and check on Kanji. She stumbles out of the door and falls on her bum as she finally manages to turn and look. The fire is creeping steadily over the teahouse and many people have stopped to gather. Nearby she can hear someone calling for assistance.

"Ma'am, what's going on? We've been hearing noise and yelling and now there's a fire...what in the world is happening?"

Lillian blinks and gapes up at the old woman who just spoke, trying to find words.

"There was a fight!" she blurts. "My friends are still in there!"

Gav Mortis
May 17th, 2004, 07:49:53 PM
""Well, that's just the trick here." Gav called out then stood from behind his upturned table which, seemingly of it's own accord, slid to the side of the room and out of the way of the combatants. The Sith was smiling.

"There is nothing that I hate, Jedi, except maybe bad manners. I do this because I choose to do this; hurting people and watching them suffer; I enjoy it."

Taking his lightsaber in hand once again, Gav ignited his weapon and held it up in front of him, ready.

"Nevertheless, there is a method to my madness."

Wei Wu Wei
May 17th, 2004, 08:22:02 PM
The bad guys with methods were always the most dangerous. It was like some unwritten rule that Wei wished had never been encoded into its invisible, yet deadly existence.

"I don't doubt methods. It's the madness that that I don't like."

The Jedi Knight raised his saber in preparation for whatever Gav might do next. The building blazed on about them, expressing the true direness the situation held, but no one was willing to express out loud.

Wei stood a moment, on guard, but relaxed. Well, not entirely relaxed, but he was getting there. Fires and siths will do something to wreck any man's nerves. At last Wei managed to grow a bit more relaxed. With most of the tension out, he found he was better able to allow the Force to connect with him.

The Jedi moved his hand towards one of the burning pieces of wood that used to be a chair and with a seemingly careless, half-tired gesture, beckoned the chair towards the Sith Master.