PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a Owner (open)

Neo-Genesis
Nov 16th, 2003, 04:12:14 PM
continued from here (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33122)

a Droid was standing by the builitin board in the LQ lobby with a heavy bag my its feet, there was a note next to the droid on the board which read

'This droid name is Cypher and he is in need of a Owner for it to serve, I Tony Maxwell have no longer a need for it and anyone who wished to use him may, He has a bag of tool with him so he can take care of himself'

Hayes Muirso
Dec 8th, 2003, 12:14:58 PM
Hayes looked up from the note, having read it, and into the face of the droid. Robots, he had always thought, were a cruel thing. Their existence didn't mesh with his philosophies – it was wrong to create a human, especially one meant to be controlled.

"Hello? Can you hear me?"

Neo-Genesis
Dec 8th, 2003, 02:36:43 PM
Cypher looked up at Hayes "Yes, I can hear you" He said as he blinked his eyes a few times "may I be of asistance to you?"

The droid had a patch of atificial flesh on its face to make it look human, along with realistic looking eyes.

Hayes Muirso
Dec 9th, 2003, 12:48:12 PM
"I was just wondering why you're here…" he replied, a little surprised that he'd gotten a response.

Neo-Genesis
Dec 9th, 2003, 04:56:02 PM
"My former owner had no more need of me and left me here until a new owner would take me" Cypher pointed his hand at the note "I should all be explained here."

Hayes Muirso
Dec 10th, 2003, 11:34:16 AM
"If you have no owner, then you're free to do whatever you want! Don't you have something you'd like to do?"

Neo-Genesis
Dec 10th, 2003, 03:02:50 PM
"I have been programed to find a new owner before I do anything else" It said "only half of my existing programing is avtive at the moment

the rest will activate when I have found a owner" Cypher looked around the lobby "if those files where active I might do something other then stand here but my programing at the moment says to stay here."

Hayes Muirso
Dec 12th, 2003, 02:21:21 PM
"Okay, so if I agree to be your owner, then you'll be able to have… free will… to an extent, right? Right?"

Neo-Genesis
Dec 12th, 2003, 03:01:58 PM
"that is correct. after I have a owner the rest of my system will come online and I will be full capably of making my own choices and actions."

Hayes Muirso
Dec 19th, 2003, 02:06:56 PM
"Alright then! I'm your new owner. Hayes. Pleased to meet you, Cypher."

Neo-Genesis
Dec 19th, 2003, 02:32:19 PM
Cypher smiled "that is very nice of you sir. my un-active files should be re-activated any moment now"

He stoped and closed his eyes and stood still for a minute "there, all files are online."

Hayes Muirso
Dec 24th, 2003, 04:43:43 AM
"… And how do you feel? Free-spirited? Indepedant?" Hayes asked, with a hopeful grin.

Neo-Genesis
Dec 24th, 2003, 01:54:11 PM
Cypher rubbed the back of his neck with a metal hand "I guess you could say that. I feel more independant then I ever have before."

Hayes Muirso
Dec 29th, 2003, 03:40:27 AM
"How abou-… do you eat and drink? I was thinking we could go celebrate your new found independence. What do you say?"

Neo-Genesis
Dec 29th, 2003, 02:09:11 PM
Cypher shook his head "no, I do not consume food or drink" He said with a weak smile "but thank you for your offer."

Hayes Muirso
Jan 4th, 2004, 01:47:27 PM
"Well, what do you do for enjoyment then? Droids must have some kind of pleasure input."

Neo-Genesis
Jan 4th, 2004, 03:41:24 PM
Cypher thought for a moment "well, I don't think I was build to enjoy things but to enjoy working or serving someone as is my programing."

Hayes Muirso
Mar 16th, 2004, 01:12:22 PM
“Do you know if your programming can be altered?” Hayes asked, his conscience tugging at his thoughts a great deal now, as he wondered whether or not it would be a wise move to allow the droid freedom. Sometimes, though choices seemed like the right ones, they could have bad consequences.