PDA

View Full Version : What it is

Biff Dynamo
Nov 15th, 2003, 07:02:42 AM
The cushion of the upholstered chair squeaked. Biff winced. He had been sitting in silence for about ten minutes, waiting for someone to turn up, just like a handful of others who were milling around the room. A man in robes had pulled aside one person and was talking to them, at great length it appeared. Wonderful – that meant he’d probably be hear hours before someone noticed him.

Falcon Gyndar
Nov 15th, 2003, 09:39:03 PM
On the floor, sitting cross-legged behind the desk, was Falcon Gyndar, Jedi Knight. He had been hard at work on some catch-up, and to cover other things, he stuck around the RC. There had been a huge and sudden influx of new recruits lately, so setting up camp, in a sense, was a good idea. He was looking over years of knowledge from his old academy when this slightly irritating squeak reached his ears. Putting down the file, he stood, and dusted himself off.

Squeeeeeeeeek!

Somewhat tweaked at the sound, he looked to its source. One male, with a horrid luck in choosing seating. And he also seemed to be waiting to talk to someone. Falcon walked from the desk, to the man.

"G'dafternoon. I see you seemed to pick the bad chair outta the lot. Unbeknownst to you, it was an excellent strategy that distracted me from a not too important task."

The other man looked a little clueless. He offered his hand.

"Falcon Gyndar. I'm a knight here at the order. You are?"

Biff Dynamo
Nov 20th, 2003, 03:27:41 PM
“Biff Dynamo,” he muttered, accepting the handshake somewhat hesitantly.

“This is, er, the place where you join, right?”

Falcon Gyndar
Nov 20th, 2003, 04:12:02 PM
He nodded slowly, looking around at the center's ceiling, and then back at Biff.

"That it is, if you are here to become a Jedi."

Biff Dynamo
Nov 21st, 2003, 06:04:50 AM
“Right. That’s what I want to do, then. Become a Jedi,” Biff replied, as his stood up, forcing his hands into his pockets.

Falcon Gyndar
Nov 21st, 2003, 12:06:10 PM
Falcon flexed one of his hands. They were a bit sore. He moved a bit and sat in a chair he knew for certain didn't sqeak, and gestured to the one across from him, for Biff to sit in it.

When Biff Dynamo had sat, Falcon continued to speak.

"What is it that gave you the belief you were force-sensitive and could become a Jedi? Like, a common Jedi trait, for instance...."

Biff Dynamo
Nov 22nd, 2003, 06:11:14 AM
“I’m not really sure if I am Force sensitive, t’be honest. I thought I would get some sort of test when I came here, to find out, y’know?”

Falcon Gyndar
Nov 24th, 2003, 04:46:11 AM
He nodded. Usually trainees came here, after somehow coming across knowledge that they were force sensitive, either by someone just stumbling across it, or having it noted that they have a certain trait that a Jedi would have. Falcon bet that the kid had come on a hunch. A feeling, perhaps, that he belonged here. That he could be here, and had skills that could be developed. Jedi skills.

"Ever done anything that would be, say, a little unusual, for a supposed, ah, normal person? For example..Telekinesis, telepathy, a quote 'unnatural' ability to heal?"

Biff Dynamo
Nov 24th, 2003, 10:24:18 AM
“Well…”

Biff ran through his memories for something unusual, anything that seemed out of place.

“Once, I got a… feeling that something wrong was going to happen, on the street outside my dad’s shop. Not too long after, someone had their bag snatched. Does that count?”

Falcon Gyndar
Nov 24th, 2003, 06:34:00 PM
He smiled. He had hit the right question...

"Ah. I see. Foresight...ah...Precognition....Yes.. Has this happened on any other occasions?"

Biff Dynamo
Dec 3rd, 2003, 11:02:06 AM
"Couple of times, maybe. I can't recall when though. Just seemed like, you know, a sixth sense type thing at the time."

Falcon Gyndar
Dec 3rd, 2003, 01:39:03 PM
Falcon grinned.

"Sixth sense? Hmm. Like hunches that turn out to be right...real...For me, that'd be the force alerting me to something."

Pause.

"So tell me.. Is it a hunch that you just might be capable in the Force that brought you here, maybe?"