PDA

View Full Version : What The Cluck

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 14th, 2003, 02:21:22 PM
From here (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=3&u=/nm/20031113/od_nm/stepmother_dc):

Kenyan police said on Thursday they had rescued an 18-year-old boy who was forced by his stepmother to sleep in a chicken coop for the past 10 years.

Investigators acting on a tip-off found James Kimathi Mwirigi badly malnourished and scarred from apparent beatings in the central Kenyan district of Meru, a police official said.

"His stepbrother confirmed to us that he has been maltreated. But he is above the age of what is considered a child, so we have to proceed very carefully," the commanding police officer told Reuters.

Villagers told police that the teenager -- thought to be mentally disabled -- was denied food and a proper education, while being made to carry out household duties and farm chores.

According to neighbors, the stepmother had a reputation for cruelty and was shunned in the village. Police said they were searching for the parents.

:\ How do these people live with themselves?

Rognan Dar
Nov 14th, 2003, 02:28:46 PM
Holy cow. Thats kind of...well...I don't know. Thats just wrong. How do people live with themselves you ask. Its because they have no morals or sense from right and wrong kind of thing.

Hart
Nov 14th, 2003, 02:32:05 PM
This type of treatment towards insane or even mentally challenged individuals was basically procedure even in Western culture not too long ago.

Pierce Tondry
Nov 14th, 2003, 04:15:25 PM
Doesn't mean it should continue.

Davnon Starr
Nov 14th, 2003, 06:47:34 PM
... Now I'm fully depressed. >.< Why the heck are there people like that in the world?! They should be thrown into deep space..

Lion El' Jonson
Nov 14th, 2003, 09:07:14 PM
Ugh...

That's horrible. I don't see what would drive somebody to do such a thing.

Crystal
Nov 14th, 2003, 09:41:05 PM
Why aren't these people locked up in a coop for a few years?

Rognan Dar
Nov 14th, 2003, 11:57:41 PM
Or just plain locked up. To bad the kid had mental problems. I would like to hear that he stood up to his mom and gave her a good talking to.