PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED: Farscape IS Back :D

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 12th, 2003, 03:53:37 PM
From Cinescape (http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Television&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270355&obj_id=40144):

Dark Horizons reports in today's news that something unusual is happening at the former production offices of FARSCAPE. An informant for the popular Australian movie news website told webmaster Garth Franklin that the show was back in business, with four to six new episodes of the science fiction series ordered. All of the original cast and crew were also back.

Franklin decided to see if there was any truth to the rumor and placed a call to the show's former production office. Surprisingly and on three separate occasions, Franklin's calls were terminated before the voice on the other line could be tricked into giving an answer, and on one phone call he was actually insulted for inquiring.

And here's where we drop the other shoe: we know for a fact that tomorrow afternoon The Jim Henson Company will host a press conference concerning the future of FARSCAPE. Among those FARSCAPE creators scheduled to attend are producers Brian Henson and David Kemper, with series creator Rockne O'Bannon also a likely participant. The purpose of the event? To announce a "new development" with FARSCAPE.

Now, you put it together and ask yourself the following question: why would the producers of a dead series be arranging a sudden press conference? All indicators point to the return of FARSCAPE.

It may be a little premature to pop open the champagne but we advise to have it chill on ice for the next 24 hours. I'll be attending the conference as as soon as the FARSCAPE news is revealed, look for the story to appear on the site shortly thereafter.

/

From darkhorizons (http://www.darkhorizons.com):

Farscape (TV): The cancelled but highly acclaimed Sci-Fi Channel series which had its plug pulled earlier this year may be making a comeback. Last week an insider sent along this rumour: "Farscape is back in production - the series is to be wrapped up in 4-6 new episodes with the usual crew, cast and producers. The props and sets are being dusted off and are being assembled in preparation for filming in Sydney. The new mini-season will complete the story arc and bring closure". An interesting story and a solid source but still it sounded almost like wishful thinking and as there still hasn't been any official announcement about it I held off. After all, you would've thought Sci-Fi would have shouted it from the rooftops that its coming back to appease the ravenous fans of the show (incl. me). Then some people I know connected with the show started mentioning it's coming back and its confirmed that the Sydney production office is open again. I placed three separate calls to them on Tuesday to confirm/deny the rumours and all three calls were not only summarily cut off at their end but the secretary hurled nasty insults (courtesy is a dying art) - I've never had problems with these guys before so best guess would be they've been advised not to speak to press at all (which would explain the lack of coverage locally). That would also explain that when I got in contact with a US publicity rep for Sci-Fi, they said they couldn't comment on it at this time but will be releasing details when they're available soon. Something IS stirring, I guess we'll have to wait to find out what exactly.

Kitty McQuade
Nov 12th, 2003, 04:00:37 PM
I'm too excited and scared to know what to say about this right now, but I'm hoping.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 12th, 2003, 04:02:05 PM
:D Fingers crossed!

Morgan Evanar
Nov 12th, 2003, 06:03:25 PM
Oh please please please please.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 13th, 2003, 10:36:05 AM
ARGH

Hello, you may have seen the reports of a possible Farscape related press conference set for tomorrow (11/13), at TVGuide.com, Dark Horizons or Cinescape. The word from Henson as of 2:30 pm pacific time (11/12), is that any press conference has been postponed indefinitely and that they have no further information on the situation.

http://www.watchfarscape.com/news/article.php?newsid=457

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 13th, 2003, 08:30:19 PM
:( Hopes rose, and now are falling again...

ReaperFett
Nov 14th, 2003, 02:38:42 AM
I'd suspect that they announced a press conference before all was signed, and something has fell through or needs dealing with.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 14th, 2003, 10:35:24 AM
There is a Farscape official convention thing coming up very soon (within the next week), so I'm betting that they will hold it then instead.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 15th, 2003, 02:58:46 PM
From here (http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/440/440604p1.html?fromint=1):

Confirmed: Farscape Miniseries on the Way!
The rumors are true...

November 14, 2003 - As IGN FilmForce reported back in July, a new Farscape project is finally on its way. While an official announcement was postponed earlier this week, IGN FilmForce has learned that the production office in Australia has re-opened and work has begun on a new project.

The Henson company would not comment on the information but a source close to the production has confirmed that the new project will be a miniseries, not a new season as originally hoped for by the fans. While no plot details are available, sources have also confirmed that the new project will be independent from the Sci-Fi Channel, the network that broadcast the series. No information is currently available about just where the new miniseries will be appearing or when.

Obviously, this is good news for the fans that have fought so hard to bring the series back but there may be cause for guarded optimism. The miniseries is currently seen as a standalone project with no new episode commitment attached, so nothing is guaranteed beyond this project. More information as it becomes available right here at IGNFF.

Fark and Slashdot reported this too.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 19th, 2003, 10:28:18 AM
Savefarscape.com is now free to confirm that the rumors swirling have their basis in fact. Farscape, cancelled last year by the SCI FI Channel, will return as a 4 hour mini-series. While we can't currently name the source of this information, please know that we wouldn't post this news without a trustworthy and solid source. Also, please note that the Jim Henson Company has made no official announcement as of yet.

Filming will begin in December and the mini-series is expected to air next year. There is no current word on distribution. Ben Browder and Claudia Black will reprise their roles as Commander John Crichton and Officer Aeryn Sun.

A Jim Henson Company production, Farscape was aired for four seasons on the SCI FI Channel before being cancelled in September 2002. The fourth season finale and last new episode aired at the end of March 2003.

The fans reacted immediately to news of the cancellation and began one of the most impressive fan campaigns in television history. Through a strength of spirit and ideals of community and family, the fans of Farscape have created something fabulous and achieved something that should have been impossible.

Take a bow Scapers, you did it. You saved Farscape and don't let anybody tell you differently. This is all yours. You kept the hope alive, you kept Farscape alive, until the people behind Farscape could get back to work on telling us the rest of the tale again.

Your job isn't done yet, though. Take a while to enjoy this victory and then let's get back at it. Let's get more eyes for Farscape. Let's get more viewers. Let's put Farscape in the hands of every person we can reach and then, when the series airs it will be such an event that not even the most optimistic of us could have anticipated the response.

http://www.watchfarscape.com/news/article.php?newsid=463

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 19th, 2003, 02:41:58 PM
Hooray!! :D:crack

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 19th, 2003, 02:47:53 PM
Kitty Kitty Where is Kitty! :D:D:D

Ka' el Darcverse
Nov 19th, 2003, 04:29:03 PM
Nevery really liked the show but I'm glad that they are letting them wrap it up, I know it's a favorite of many people :)

Mu Satach
Nov 19th, 2003, 06:55:04 PM
WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!

*does the dance of joy*

:crack