PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Night....(Shandri La)

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:07:53 PM
The airlimo pulled up to the curb in front of the GJO. A chauffuer stepped out, walked around and opened the back door.

A man stepped out in a dark suit, with a rose. Ridge Kincaid, a very wealthy Darkside user of the Force. "Thanks, Jenson. It won't be very long. Miss La should be along anytime, go ahead and call Cameron and tell him we'll be there in less than an hour. I want everything to be perfect." Ridge smiled as he stepped away from the limo.

"Yes, Sir. Right away." The Chauffuer answered and got on his comm unit.

Yes, this Saturday night would be a night to remember all too well. All to well indeed.

Now, all he had to do was wait for his lady friend to arrive as he checked his chrono, he was still a bit early. While he waited, he glanced up at the moon, it was full and perfect. The night was young, the weather perfect and that's when he noticed her...coming out the front doors, she was a sight....

Shandri La
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:54:40 AM
Shandri had spent all afternoon trying to figure out the perfect outfit to wear tonight. This is the first time that she's actually been asked out to dinner by anybody. Last time Ridge had seen her, the night they met to be exact, she was drunk and her dress was her normal white dress which she normally wears since she's the Guardian of the Treasure.

Tonight though, she's wearing a royal blue dress which goes down to her ankles. It's form fitting with a low cut front and a low cut back. Her hair was pulled back loosely in a partial braid and her small knife is in it's normal hiding spot under her braid.

As she looks at herself in the mirror of her room, she smiles at herself.

"Chelsea would be proud to see me like this. I miss you Chelsea and wish that you hadn't died."

Shandri looks up towards the ceiling for a moment before turning and leaving her room and making her way to the front steps of the GJO. She had spent hours to work the slight curls out of her hair so that it's straight, resembling her twin sister's hair which was normally straight.

As she steps out the doors and heads down the steps, she smiles as she sees Ridge waiting for her. Both her and him are a touch on the early side, but being early is better than being late. She turns slightly so that she's walking towards him so he won't have to walk anywhere to meet her.

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Nov 10th, 2003, 07:48:08 PM
He met her halfway, bent down and took her hand. Kissing it lightly, he came back up and presented her with the rose. "You look as lovely as ever, M'lass." His strong Falycin accent spoke.

He gave her his arm, "shall we?"

Shandri La
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:01:17 PM
Shandri blushes mildly when Ridge presents her with a rose.

"Thank-you M'Lord."

Shandri takes Ridge's arm after she takes the rose and smells it.

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Nov 11th, 2003, 09:02:46 PM
"A rose for a rose, m'lass." He smiled as he led her to the limo and Jenson opened the door.

"After you." Ridge said as he helped her in and followed. Once the door was closed behind them, Ridge grabbed a wine bottle iced and ready to be opened. With a 'pop' the cork came off and he poured them both a glass and handed one to Shandri as the limo took off.

Shandri La
Nov 12th, 2003, 11:49:01 AM
Shandri smiles at Ridge as he helps her into the limo and then again when he hands her a glass of wine. Normally she doesn't consume alchohal, but tonight she's making an acception, but she's going to be careful not to over do it like she did last time.

"So M'Lord, what sort of plans are there for us this evening?"

Shandri questions softly.

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Nov 12th, 2003, 07:27:51 PM
"Well, we're off to OZ first, where I'll take you to my private terrace and have a nice candle lit dinner. My chef has quite a menu planned." He told her with a grin then sips his wine.

Shandri La
Nov 12th, 2003, 07:53:21 PM
Shandri takes a cautious sip of her wine, not that she doesn't trust Ridge, but because she's not used to wine at all.

"Are you going to tell me what the menu is or are you going to leave that as a surprise?"

Shandri asks as she takes a look around the interior of the limo.

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Nov 12th, 2003, 08:03:26 PM
"Well, he told me he was going to have a Corellian dish called Newburg Steak with seasoned potatoes and some kind of rice and salad. I hope it sounds alright. Qui-El is quite the chef and I've never had anything from him that I hadn't liked."

Shandri La
Nov 12th, 2003, 08:59:41 PM
"It sounds absolutely delicious. I've never had Corellian food before. Well, I've been told by a few ppl that I need to experiment with different kinds of food."

Shandri sounds delighted about what's for dinner.

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Nov 13th, 2003, 03:51:55 AM
"Well, I hope you enjoy it as well as enjoy the evening tonight." He told her as he sipped his wine again with a smile.

Shandri La
Nov 13th, 2003, 01:08:41 PM
"If your chef is as good as you say he is, then I'm sure that I'll enjoy the meal, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the evening. It's not often I leave the Grounds in the evening for any reason."

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Nov 13th, 2003, 07:45:25 PM
"No kidding? I would have imagined one as precious as yourself would have a date every night of the week." He told her with a smile. "And if not, then it's their loss and my gain."

Shandri La
Nov 14th, 2003, 11:39:06 AM
Shandri returns Ridge's smile with one of her own.

"On my homeworld, nobody ever thought to ask me out on a date because I'm the Guardian of the Treasure. And here, I've been involved in my studies that I've taken my evenings for quiet time. Usually if I want a bit of company, I got to the B&G and find somebody there to talk to."

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Nov 15th, 2003, 07:12:21 AM
"Hmmm, well that's very interesting to say the least." Ridge told her as he sipped his wine some more. "So, what is your life like here as a Jedi, exciting?"

Shandri La
Nov 19th, 2003, 10:53:53 AM
"Not overly exciting, but more so then when I was stuck on my homeworld. But I'm loving it here on Coruscant. Sure, I miss my homeworld, but doesn't everybody when they move away from it."

Shandri takes another sip of her wine, finding that it has an interesting flavour to it.

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Nov 20th, 2003, 04:17:53 AM
Ridge nodded. "Yes, when I left Falycin quite a few years ago, it seemed very strange. I belonged to a clan, the Forestor clan and my sole occupation was....are you ready for this? A farmer." He rolled his eyes waiting to hear her laugh. It was so embarrassing.

"Not a fighter, like my father, not a hunter like my brother...a farmer. I was so mad when the clans leaders told me that."

Shandri La
Nov 20th, 2003, 08:52:50 AM
Shandri doesn't laugh when Ridge tells her what his occupation was supposed to be.

"I take it you didn't want to be a farmer. I can sympathize with you on that. I never wanted to be the Guardian of the Treasure. That was to be my twin sisters job since she was the older twin. I had grown up believing that when I turn 15, I would go to the Jedi and learn their ways. That's what I wanted.

Then when I was 13, my Mother and twin sister were in a speeder accident. Both killed on impact and my cursed King told me that I was the new Guardian."

Shandri takes another sip of her wine as she calms her mind since she is still angry with the King, her half brother, who made her the Guardian.

"Only reason why I'm with the Jedi now is a group of Sith took over my homeworld and my King sent me to the Jedi to seek their assistance in keeping the Treasure safe. And well, I'm supposed to be back their now, and I would be if it weren't for my Master, Lord Dasquian. According to my ppl's law, he's the only one that has power over me since he is my teacher."

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Nov 22nd, 2003, 08:21:39 PM
"A twin? I had a twin too, but he disappeared. We didn't get along though, so it's really no mind to me. That is terrible about your family, I'm so sorry. It must've been hard. Though, I might add that I am glad you're here now." He smiled as the airlimo stopped, they had been in such a discussion that neither had noticed they were at their destination. Ridge Kincaid's personal balcony at his living quarters.

The side door opened automatically and Ridge got out. He then turned and helped Shandri out.

Once she was safely out and on his balcony, he closed the door and the limo took off.

A beautiful table set for two was in the middle of the huge balcony, small lights were on the greenery that surrounded them in a jungle type setting. And beautiful string music could be heard coming from all around, obviously from surround sound..

Being a perfect gentleman, he pulled out a chair for the beautilful woman to sit in and then helped scoot her up a bit, before taking a seat himself across from her.

The table was lit by candles and had a wonderfully romantic touch to it.

Shandri La
Nov 25th, 2003, 12:48:39 PM
Shandri is about to respond when they arrive at Ridge's personal balcony. She climbs out with Ridge's help and lets her gaze wander the area, taking in everything there is to see.

"This is beautiful."

Shandri says as she takes a seat at the table.

"And yes, I had a twin who I miss dearly.

Perhaps you should try and locate your twin to try and get good relations between the two of you."

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Nov 28th, 2003, 07:42:22 AM
"I think, that is pass the point of any possibility, Shandri. The bond between us has been much too broken." A moment later, a tall man entered the balcony with a bottle of non-alcoholic wine.

"Qui-El, you couldn't have arrived at a more perfect time, the Lady and I are parched." Ridge smiled at Shandri. "No, worries, ma'Lass. It's non-alcoholic."

The man poured them each a glass and walked out.

Ridge took a sip, perfect.

Shandri La
Dec 2nd, 2003, 10:14:31 AM
"But the bond between twins is never truly broken. It may be shattered and seem to be broken."

Shandri picks up her glass of wine and takes a sip of it.

"A bond can only be truly broken if both twins wish it to be broken. I would give anything to be with my twin again."

OOC: Sorry for the late responce. I'm busy with school work.

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Dec 2nd, 2003, 07:36:01 PM
"I think I can speak for the both of us when I say we both wish it. I guess some twins just aren't meant to be and are better off apart from one another. Besides, I can't forgive my brother for betraying me, ever." Ridge answered as he took another drink.

OOC: No problem....:)

Shandri La
Dec 17th, 2003, 11:27:26 AM
"Unfortunately, what you say is true. Some twins are not ment to be together. And please forgive me for asking, but how did your brother betray you?"

Shandri questions before taking a sip of her drink.

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Dec 17th, 2003, 05:11:47 PM
"He stole my fiance away from me, married her and had children...that about sums it up." He took another drink.

Shandri La
Dec 20th, 2003, 08:13:37 PM
"I'm so sorry. I... I don't know what to say. Why would he do something like that?"

Shandri questioned, obviously shocked that Ridge's twin would do something like that.

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Dec 21st, 2003, 09:36:48 AM
"It's hard telling, I left to go with my uncle to learn the ropes of the business I now own, I promised her that when I returned that we'd wed and I'd take her away from the simple life. So, when I return there they are..." The thoughts brought back angry memories. "So, you see there is no way I can forgive that."

Shandri La
Dec 21st, 2003, 09:52:04 PM
"Yes, I can see that. I know if I were in your position I wouldn't forgive my twin either. But that's not very Jedi like. But mind you, I'm only a Padawan with no real skill at this point. I can heal and do other minor little things, but not much really."

Shandri takes a sip of her drink and smiles, enjoying the fact that she's actually taking time for herself for a change.

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Dec 22nd, 2003, 08:12:09 PM
"My brother will never be on my good side, ever." He told her as he took a drink. "My brother just doesn't understand the meaning of loyalty."

Shandri La
Jan 5th, 2004, 12:02:21 PM
"It's a pity when ppl do not know the meaning of loyalty. There have been many times when I could have turned my back on my duty, but my loyalty to my family has stopped.

One should always remain loyal to family, and even more important is for twins to remain loyal to each other."

OOC: Again, sorry for taking so long to respond. I needed to get back to school to be able to do alot of posting.

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Jan 5th, 2004, 04:14:46 PM
"I agree completely, but my brother has broken that loyalty and one day will have to pay the price. Ah, appetizers."

Qui-El had reappeared with some tasty-looking appetizers on a crystal plate. He offered Shandri some and then Ridge.

"Excellent, Qui-El." Ridge told him after he tasted one.

"Thank you, Sir." Qui-El answered and quickly left the balcony.

"As I said, Qui-El is an excellent chef. His assortment of recipes are always winners in my book."

Shandri La
Jan 12th, 2004, 10:26:11 AM
Shandri helped herself to some appetizers when offered.

"I have to say that these are better then what I got in the palace on my homeworld. But then again, I hardly ever got any appetizers there. But it always was the same. Sit in a corner and look pretty. That was all I got after I became the Guardian until I left to join the GJO.

You are lucky to still have your twin brother, even if you are not on good terms with him. You are still a whole person."

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Jan 19th, 2004, 08:25:44 PM
"I suppose so, Shandri. But, I don't feel very lucky to have him as a brother, some days I feel cursed."

He took a sip of his wine. "Sit and look pretty? I'm sure that's not a hard job to do, especially right now...you look beautiful."

Shandri La
Jan 21st, 2004, 11:09:01 AM
"Having a twin is both a blessing and a curse.

But it is a hard job when everyone around you is dancing, and laughing, and having a wonderful time and you are not allowed to join them."

Shandri blushes slightly when Ridge compliments her.

"And also, I have no wish to just sit and look pretty. My wish is to be a Jedi. That is what I wanted when I was younger, and after I'm finished my training, I'm expected to go back home and continue my job there, instead of with the Jedi."

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Jan 23rd, 2004, 09:35:13 PM
Ridge nodded. He, however didn't ever think that he would ever want to return to Falycin. No matter how much the clan leader wanted him too.

"I beileve that one should only return to one's home if the need must be met. There is nothing wrong with that." He sipped his wine again.

"But, I definitely would let your brother know he's not the boss over you anymore."

Shandri La
Feb 2nd, 2004, 10:38:01 AM
"But that is not the case. He is my boss and can dictate what I can and can not do. As much as I do not like it, it is the way things have been for the Guardian for generations and it is not likely to change I'm afraid. And my brother is only a half-brother."

Shandri takes a sip of her wine and smiles.

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Feb 15th, 2004, 11:32:06 AM
That didn't seem hardly fair to Ridge, but if it were expected...

"Seems rather harsh law, in my eyes. Shandri."

Shandri La
Feb 15th, 2004, 12:22:57 PM
"I agree with you on the fact that it's a harsh law. It's not something I like, or even grew up with so that makes it all the more unreasonable and harsh that I need to follow it."

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Feb 16th, 2004, 07:23:25 PM
"Well, seems like maybe you should try to change the law? Probably not though. Hmmm, what a life to look forward to young Jedi." Ridge thought about this a bit more.

Shandri La
Feb 29th, 2004, 11:10:25 AM
"If I could change the law, I would. But the only one that can do that is the King. And he is the law.

But it's not all bad. Right now my half brother really can't do anything to me since I am under the instructions of Lord Dasquian. And as long as that is so, I am more or less a free person though there are a couple of things that my half brother can do, but right now I don't think he will."

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Mar 9th, 2004, 04:01:35 PM
There were still some thoughts that remained in him that yes, he was a Darksider and yes, he could arrange to annilate that king. It wasn't like he didn't have the power within him.

Ridge Towers Kincaid, had his contacts to do pretty much whatever he wished. But, he wondered if he did offer that...how would she react, she was a Jedi after all.

"What if..." he paused for a moment. "What if that king were to die, what would happen to you? Would you go free?"

Shandri La
Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:28:06 AM
"If the King were to die, then his heir would take over and the heir would then have say over me. As the Guardian, I shall never be free except for when I die.

The death of a King means that I get a new Master at home, not freedom."

Shandri says with a hint of sadness in her voice.

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Mar 25th, 2004, 04:25:56 AM
Ridge frowned again. "Having no freedom is not a good thing, perhaps your Jedi can help you." Of all things to assist her, but it was worth a shot.

Shandri La
Mar 27th, 2004, 10:47:44 AM
"Right now I have more freedom then normal since I'm with the Jedi, though I risked being killed since I went against my orders. I was supposed to seek help from the Jedi, not join them."

Shandri smiles at this point and tucks a strand of hair behind an ear.

"The Jedi have helped me in more ways then I could imagine, and they continue to help me all the time. But I'm afraid that they can not change centuries old laws."

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Apr 2nd, 2004, 04:19:08 AM
"And if you just never returned, what then?"

Shandri La
Apr 6th, 2004, 10:52:18 AM
"If I never returned, I would never get to walk the halls of the palace where I grew up. I may not like the situation I'm in, but I have a desire to return to my home where, as a child, I would run through the halls in barefeet, playing a game with the children of nobles."

Shandri has a longing look in her eyes as she says this because she misses her home, despite how she's treated there.

"You see, I do not think that I could stay away from my home for the rest of my life. What I can hope for though is that when I return there next, I'll be a Jedi Knight, and demand that I be given the rights of a normal person. Short of that, I'm not going to be happy there again."