PDA

View Full Version : Troy trailer online

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:52:37 PM
This is the teaser still looks very cool

http://troymovie.warnerbros.com/index_flash.html

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:01:56 PM
Seems if you want a pretty boy, you make a call to Orlando Bloom.

:p

Anyway, he's certainly leading a charmed movie life so far. It would seem his career won big time with LOTR being his first (!) movie.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:54:48 PM
Pirates has helped it to. He is doing two more sequels to that as well. He seems to have come out the best from LOTR so far. As for Troy the movie looks very epic the whole thing with the ships coming really set the tone. I think it will be a great movie and might be a serious Oscar Contender in 2005.

Zasz Grimm
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:44:19 AM
I sense Brad Pitt owning. To hell with Bloom. :)

Ardath Bey
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:19:23 AM
I caught the trailer for Troy when I seen Runaway Jury. The images were very epic including a huge sea-spanning armada of ships and some battlescenes. Interspersed with a few flashes of Bloom and Pitt. No doubt this film has huge potential.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:21:22 AM
:D!!! I am liking the look of this

Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
Seems if you want a pretty boy, you make a call to Orlando Bloom.

:p

Anyway, he's certainly leading a charmed movie life so far. It would seem his career won big time with LOTR being his first (!) movie.

He played a Rentboy in the movie 'Wilde' in 1997 :mneh

JediBoricua
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:52:30 AM
That trailer was the best part of the Matrix Revolution, IMO.

It looks great!

Crystal
Nov 9th, 2003, 07:07:04 AM
Look at Brad Pitt!!! Look how he's dressed!! Oh my god!!LOOK AT HIM!!!

Really.. Look at all those photos.. Just.. wow. And look at the horse!! :eek Bigger than I always imagined.

Okay, seriously(or not).. this movie looks awsome. I can't wait for it. I love movies about ancient events/cities/people.. and a movie about the trojan war is hopefully going to be amazing.:D

And from that one fast zoom out thing on the horse.. I already know I'll like it, even if just for that effect I love so much.

JMK
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:40:32 PM
I saw a trailer with hundreds of ships at sea. That was awesome and am now officially excited for this.

Charley
Nov 10th, 2003, 03:39:38 PM
This movie will own so hard.

JMK
Nov 10th, 2003, 05:00:13 PM
I wonder how faithful it will be to the book though? I wonder if Peterson made all the right choices? He certainly had some very tough choices to make, I just hope he made them well.

There's so much to cover in this story, I hope it all gets it's due respect.

Ryla Relvinian
Nov 10th, 2003, 05:19:08 PM
I agree with everything here... this movie looks really great, and the only problem I might have is how exactly they'll handle the dialogue and the accent. That's a personal pet peeve of mine...

Ardath Bey
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:11:38 PM
More trailers please. But I am so sold on this movie. Should be good.

Charley
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:26:38 PM
Originally posted by Ryla Relvinian
I agree with everything here... this movie looks really great, and the only problem I might have is how exactly they'll handle the dialogue and the accent. That's a personal pet peeve of mine...

And you speak ancient Greek, right?

Ryla Relvinian
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:39:10 AM
Yep. :P

What I mean is that, since I am personally interested in language and dialect, sometimes having an obviously different accent than should be in a movie is distracting to me... only me... my opinion here.

I'm still in agreement, this movie looks really awesome. :)

Ardath Bey
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:22:02 AM
Well, it is not possible to accent an ancient language into modern english. We have no existing model to use besides modern greek or ancient texts. Even than we lack proper pronunciation inflections. But as you're watching the film you should interpret the characters speaking their own tongue of their own time. Nevermind the modern english usage. Whether ancient greek or whatever mix of languages they spoke with.

Zasz Grimm
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:36:33 PM
http://www.grimmshadow.net/swf/zasz/troyown.jpg

ownage.

http://www.grimmshadow.net/swf/zasz/ownredeux.jpg

someone's gonna die. :)

Ardath Bey
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:47:30 PM
Awesome! :smokin

Zasz Grimm
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:05:24 PM
there's a bunch more ships- but that's the best I could get without it being to small / blurry to see.

The movie looks very promising. It's gonna be a massive epic. I hope it's like 3 hours or so. :)

Last movie that was that long was Braveheart- and I got VERY into that movie.

ReaperFett
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:40:51 PM
I'm not that hyped presently. It was nothing more than a teaser, and I never like teasers unless I was hyped in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, nothing WRONG with the trailer, I just didn't see enough to get interested.

Ardath Bey
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:51:24 PM
Understandable Reap, it is the story material and detail that has grabbed me more than the trailer itself. It could turn out to be a bad film.

Figrin D'an
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:27:29 PM
It looks pretty.
It has a good cast.
It's a great story upon which the film is based.

All positives, to be sure.

But it could still be screwed up.

It has promise, and I am looking forward to it, but I'm not mega-hyped about it. By next spring, that may change if I hear good things about it.

Ardath Bey
Nov 12th, 2003, 11:56:00 PM
I watched my newly purchased Gladiator DVD today, found myself admiring the sets, costumes, and other assorted intricacies. Also found myself thinking about Troy. An older tale of more ancient people.

:)

Darth Viscera
Nov 13th, 2003, 12:07:18 AM
Ships'll be nice.

Sick of hearing the story of the Trojan war, though.