PDA

View Full Version : Who here has been on excercise?

Danik Drayton
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:38:46 PM
On a recent cadet camp I went on, I enjoyed a bit of escape and evasion. No rifle, no blank ammo, but it was damm good fun.

I want to here your tales.

Telan Desaria
Nov 10th, 2003, 05:18:52 PM
When I was a cadet at the Fahenjunkerschule in Bad Wurttemburg we had to test out mettle against another komapnie of cadets. We used paint-balls, red in the colour of blood. We were issued with machine pistols and machine guns that all spat out light0skinned paint spheres. We dug entrenchments and put up wire.

I was in command of a small trench section and had twenty men - cadets. They stormed us after a withering hail of fire - paintballs - and I lost half my men - we had to act shot if hit, for drama's sake. I got one in the arm and was 'bandaged' quickly, and brandished my pistol. I got five of them as they came up before I got hit four times in the chest. That is whay Fahen-meisters (cadet-captains) should not fight at the front!!!

But it was very fun.

Danik Drayton
Nov 13th, 2003, 02:59:46 PM
We cant do paintballing in cadets because the MOD wont insure us. I've been on a 24 hour excercise. After an ambush and trying to get to sleep, ( I did eventualy) I was woken up for sentry duty. There I sat with my friend to the right of me, rifle to the left. I also discovered those stupid ponchos are no good!

BTW: If you have ever been to Paderborn in Germany, I lived there for a while as a very young cild.

Telan Desaria
Nov 17th, 2003, 04:16:18 PM
Paderborn - I've driven through it but never stopped there.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 17th, 2003, 06:53:13 PM
i remember when my dad was still in the navy, he brought home some training m-16s and let me, my sister, and the nextdoor neighbor kids play with them out in the field

thems was good times

Telan Desaria
Nov 17th, 2003, 08:42:12 PM
M-16 - - bah!!!

Real men (germans - cough) carry SG44s

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 17th, 2003, 09:35:21 PM
*pokes telan in the eye with her pinky finger*

hush you. we were like, 12 and 13 years old. those things were the coolest playthings wed ever, well, played with

Danik Drayton
Nov 25th, 2003, 01:42:23 PM
I've fired L98s live and blank.
LSWs live and blank.
Old Canadian .22 rifles, forgot what they are called.
Played about with GPMGs, never fired.
SA80 on the SAT range (Small Arms Trainer) where its basically film of men attacking you and you fire a laser at them.

Telan Desaria
Nov 25th, 2003, 05:26:39 PM
Danik - get into the rping!!! Your experience is needed. Contact Jarek or myself asap - you have been commissioned

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 25th, 2003, 05:45:45 PM
glad im not commissioned :p

Silus Xilarian
Nov 26th, 2003, 02:58:58 AM
Play with guns all you want. When it comes to a real fight, im the guy to see.

Telan Desaria
Nov 26th, 2003, 04:47:01 PM
Hey Silus - question. Why are you a former Balmorran General???? What happened to Shadow Suqadron

Danik Drayton
Dec 4th, 2003, 03:07:42 PM
Our Colonel is retiering in a couple of weeks at the age of 70.
The RSM is also leaving, he's 82 and a WW2 veteren. There are all kinds of stories, the main one is about him dropping Behind enemy lines with the Paras on D-Day. I didn't think it was true until I found out his age.

Telan Desaria
Dec 4th, 2003, 04:15:34 PM
Oh that still my soul. Your forget, it was my grandfather's units he was fighting against.

Jarek T'chort
Dec 5th, 2003, 01:26:46 AM
Originally posted by Danik Drayton
Our Colonel is retiering in a couple of weeks at the age of 70.
The RSM is also leaving, he's 82 and a WW2 veteren. There are all kinds of stories, the main one is about him dropping Behind enemy lines with the Paras on D-Day. I didn't think it was true until I found out his age.

Wow, brave man. Must take a lotta guts to throw yourself from a plane and land surrounded by enemy troops.

Danik Drayton
Dec 8th, 2003, 02:46:06 PM
Well the RSM is a kind, gentle man. He told us that you call officers sir." Firstly its respectful. Secondly if you don't, I'll kick your teeth in."

People say he served in the SAS for a while, but I don't really beleive them.

BTW. I apologize for the story about him fighting against the Germans. I'm also interrested to here if you have got any info on relatives who are WW2 veterens.

Telan Desaria
Dec 8th, 2003, 04:35:34 PM
I was being sardonic, as the British shot German surrendering soldiers much less than Americans. And for note, the German Army did not shoot its prisoners - the SS did.

My great grandfather held the rank of Generalleutnant during that campaign and would go on to command a kampfgruppe in Nederlands stalling the American occupation of Rotterdam and Amsterdam. He was later executed for treason as a participant in the July Bomb plot, though, like Rommel, he was burried with full military honors - his death was acknowledged as a result of wounds sustained at the front.

My grandfather ended the war as a Hauptmann, 116te panzerdivision. He served at Stalingrad and later Kursk before participating in the organization of the 116te. He was captured by the British.

Danik Drayton
Dec 9th, 2003, 02:10:25 PM
My great grandfather served as a mechanic servicing Spitfires on Malta. He also served in WW1.
My grandad served in the Royal Navy on the HMS Birmingham until it was sunk. He went on to serve in the Pacific when he was reassigned, then he was discharged in 1946.
Anouther of my Great Grandfathers was killed fighting the Japanese in Burma. He was wounded and left behind to fight a rear guard action. His name is on the Rangoon Menorial.
My great uncle is listed as serving in the Australian Z Special Forces. His records were destroyed and we know nothing about him.
There are many others but I don't have time to type right now.

Jarek T'chort
Dec 9th, 2003, 05:55:36 PM
My Grandfather served in France in '39 to '40 with the British Army and was a motocycle despatch rider. He narrowly avoided capture and got to Dunkirk and escaped on a sloop.

My other grandfather was in the Merchant navy I think, not sure.

My great uncle emigrated to Canada before ww2, he was a tanker, driver i think of a Sherman, he was killed near Arnhem by anti tank fire.

My other great uncle flew with the RAF in North Africa, again not to sure what exactly he did, he never spoke about it. Neither did the others.

Khendon Sevon
Dec 11th, 2003, 06:32:56 PM
Haven't been on excercises, but I come from a long line of fighting men (Greeks).

I don't know past my grand father but he was in WWII (killed a lot of Germans and Italians) and the Greek Civil War (killed a lot of communists)

My father was Greek special forces specializing in demolitions.

And... me? I play paintball, do martial arts, and most importantly I'm a leader of a rifle Venture Crew in BSA... mmm... shooting bushmasters, fun.

Oh, and there's the rock climbing, canoeing, low-impact camping, etc that I do...

So... that's me... incase anyone wanted to know. lol, I bet most of you don't even know my character, Khendon Sevon.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 13th, 2003, 05:43:54 PM
i know who you are >D

and as far as noteworthy members of my family, about the only thing my family is known for is the fact that its a mob family - even loosely related to the battaglias

Khendon Sevon
Dec 14th, 2003, 05:48:41 PM
My great grand father was a friend of Capone. He owned a diner in Chicago… very interesting stories about ‘em.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 14th, 2003, 11:56:24 PM
On February 10, 1983, Mr. Ken Eto, an associate of organized crime figures in the Chicago area, drove to a local Italian restaurant with two fellow Mafia personnel. When he parked his car at the restaurant, his comrades, Johnny Gattuso and Jay Campise, shot him three times in the head. Miraculously, Eto survived. His former friends, however, were not so fortunate. Authorities discovered their bodies in a trunk on July 14, 1983. Gattuso and Campise had been strangled and repeatedly stabbed. Every major organ in their bodies had been slashed.

one of my uncles - deceased, as you can see

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 15th, 2003, 12:27:09 PM
Ken Eto was long recognized by law enforcement authorities as a high-ranking mob associate in the North Side Crew. Tr. 365. On February 10, 1983, Eto was shot three times in the back of the head by John Gattuso and Jasper Campise. GEB Ex. 4, Tab "Ken Eto Testimony"; GEB Ex. 73. He survived the shooting and became a government informant, providing the FBI with details about the inner-workings and structure of the North Side Crew. Id.

Eto told authorities that he, Gattuso, and Campise had been on their way to meet Vincent Solano for dinner when Gattuso and Campise shot him. Eto testified that he believed that Solan ordered Eto killed because Solano suspected Eto was cooperating with the government. GEB Ex. 73. On July 14, 1983, the mangled bodies of Campise and Gattuso were found in the trunk of a car in Naperville, Illinois. GEB Ex. 73.

a little more information that i found on my uncle that has a little bit more detail

Telan Desaria
Dec 16th, 2003, 07:41:22 PM
This Empire is in no way affiliated with the mafia. Any insinuations to that effect are false.

*whew. Good jab Matthias!

*Thanks, Vinny, Tommy, Vitale...