PDA

View Full Version : Unifying Force

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:24:33 PM
Thankfully, the end of the NJO is here! It'll be awhile before I even begin reading this final book. I was procrastinating on purchasing Final Prophecy so I ended up buying both of the books yesterday. Oh, well, if I can find the time I might be able to finish them both in the next couple of weeks.

ReaperFett
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:34:15 PM
I'm a few chapters in. So far, excellent stuff. Already shaping up with an epic feel. Apparently, The end fight scene is huge, and just about everyone plays a significant role.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:29:59 PM
I haven't had a chance to pick it up but I have read

no major OT character dies except Ackbar which is no shock. All the badies get it so it looks like Del Ray chickened out unless there is going to be movies down the road or something

ReaperFett
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:54:40 AM
Carr, I can guarantee you that not all the bad guys "get it" :)

100 pages or so to go, this is a great read.

JediBoricua
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:15:40 PM
I haven't bought it yet...Have had a couple of hard weeks moneywise, but hopefully I can get it tomorrow.

JediBoricua
Nov 12th, 2003, 02:01:00 PM
Got it last night, already a 100 pages into it.

Sadly, I can't say I'm impressed. It's not bad, but it's not great, still a lot to read though.

JediBoricua
Nov 13th, 2003, 02:25:32 PM
Ok it's getting better, and that cameo by Boba Fett is great!

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 18th, 2003, 09:43:54 PM
I loved the Boba Fett cameo that was awesome I loved the entire action sequence too that was cool they way he took out those Vong, he continues his image of the books. Also I loved Kyle showing up there that was cool, first appearance in a novel. So far the story is pretty good, the Han-Leia stuff is great especially the whole battle plan that is going on. I also like Harrar's character he is one of the few Vong I like him and the Shamed ones, I loved how that guy tricked Nom Anor that was great.The only thing I don't get is how the Vong can't be seen in the force. I have only read part of that but it looks like the Force was taken from them by their gods or sombody maybe this will be explained later on.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 21st, 2003, 01:10:03 PM
I finished it Overall a good ending to the series, I liked the resolution with the Vong the main baddies died (Nom Anor, Shimarra, Onimi) but the Shammed ones and the most of the classes except the Warriors lived on Zonama Sekot. Also I wasn't surprised that Onimi was the main bad guy I thought he was controlling Shimarra for a while it just made sense. It looks like the whole Vong invasions was done to wipe out the Vong race completely because Onimi was angry at the gods that he was shamed. And yuck what happened to him it was a little gross how Jacen got rid of him. Other thoughts, I was surprised how big of a role Kyle Katan had in this book, he only had one line of dialogue but he was mentioned quite a few times and played a role in the defense of Zonama Sekot. Boba Fett's role was interesting liberating worlds I kind of wondering what he is really up to with those Mandalorian commandos? Maybe a future series on that have to think we haven't seen the end of Fett. I was kinda of surprised they killed off no major characters except Ackbar, who I saw coming. After killing off Chewie and Anakin they actually kind of backed off killing any other huge characters maybe they didn't want any more of a backlash. Well at least the series is over, I will kind of miss waiting for the new books like I did before, hopefully Del Ray will come out with a new series just not as long :p

Pierce Tondry
Dec 1st, 2003, 10:45:51 AM
I got the book on loan from a friend and am speed-reading through it now. Four chapters were engulfed in half an hour's time on Saturday. So far, I am excited.

Owning and having read every NJO novel, I am thinking of doing an article on what's hot and what's not, as well as what books will move things along the most if a person just wants a quick tour of the NJO. Anyone like this idea?

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 1st, 2003, 01:15:22 PM
I like it sounds like a good idea.

ReaperFett
Dec 1st, 2003, 02:03:50 PM
I like the idea :)

Lady Winter
Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:28:52 AM
I love the idea. I have been wanting to read NJO, but I've been a bit daunted because it is such a long series.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 24th, 2003, 05:19:46 PM
I never could locate the little novels between the big ones. Ebooks maybe? I could never read a book on my computer. :x

ReaperFett
Dec 24th, 2003, 05:35:11 PM
One of them is free online due to a publishing error. Generally, a hardback being made into paperback will come with the e-book if one was released.

EDIT - Here we go, Ylesia:

http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003/08/news20030826.html

imported_Firebird1
Jan 2nd, 2004, 01:03:48 AM
This might be one of the books I need to find this year.
Awsome stuff.

Telan Desaria
Mar 14th, 2004, 02:50:55 AM
So just what does the Empire do in this book? Anything? Pelleaon???

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 14th, 2004, 12:55:36 PM
Pelleaon plays a role and I think the Empire is involved briefly in the battle. They were going to send more ships but the Vong's forces fell apart when Shimirra died

Telan Desaria
Mar 14th, 2004, 04:55:32 PM
Thank you. Now I shall buy it.

*staunchly Imperial when purchasing books*