PDA

View Full Version : A First look at Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 7th, 2003, 12:56:50 PM
USA Today has a cool article on it here

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2003-11-06-potter-pics_x.htm

Looks like we will be getting the trailer sometime this coming week, I can't wait I want to see what the Dementors will look like, although the newspaper article has a picture of one of their hands here

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/i...ay-dementor.jpg

Also will throw this in it is Sirus in Azkaban, a very cool picture, there are also some other pics at the link
http://www.thezreview.co.uk/news/news2573.htm

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 7th, 2003, 01:30:23 PM
I'm very much looking forward to this one :D

http://www.thezreview.co.uk/news/news2570.htm

Draco (and the one behind him.. Crabbe or Goyle, whichever the taller one is) looks so much older :love

ADarksideJedi
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:02:04 PM
But I am disapointed in the movies so far so I don't think I am going to see this one well maybe on tape or dvd I will but not waste my money at the movies but it is LORD OF THE RINGS OR STAR WARS!Then that is a different story!
Thanks for showing the pictures anway!Hey I finally got an avator I call it Daddy Dearest!It is under my name do you guys like it? BYE!JM:huh :evil :smokin

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:29:00 PM
Yeah but this was the best book in the series or at least close (I am starting to like OOTP after reading it again). Also I like the new director and the changes he is making the movie seems more grown up, darker, spooker which I think is partly because the books get darker as the series goes on.

ADarksideJedi
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:49:10 PM
i JUST Hope it is good through!For every fans out there stake!I do like Star Wars alot better then HP!But it is one of the best books in the series that is also true!Keep your fingers cross eeryone that this one is go ing to be a good one!Better then the first and second one!JM:angel

imported_Eve
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:49:44 PM
Go to http://www.thesnitch.co.uk/site/ for more pics. Check the updates in the last couple weeks for the newest pics. They have more from the article today. There are five pics, in total.

I've been following this closely since CoS came out. I want to see it more than Star Wars.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:56:31 PM
Harry Potter is a close second to me to Star Wars. I love the books and this movie seems to be an improvement over the other two. Although I liked COS better it had more action and the story moved better. This one looks even better, especially with the changes. I hear Dumbledore is more like he is in the books which sounds great and I can't wait to see the Dementors that will be one of the highlights of this movie. Of course I want to see Oldman as Sirus Black that should be great.

imported_Eve
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:00:16 PM
See, I saw the movies before I started reading the books. As I completed the books (which are the ONLY series I ever finished in my life), I thought Harris did a perfect Dumbledore - but I did get the movie persona first. Actually, I think all the actors do well. I especially love Hermione.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:13:02 PM
I did it the same way I only started reading the books after I saw COS but I really got into them. I agree with you about Harris I think he did a good job but I like the changes it will fit with what happens later on when the MOM think DD has flipped his lid I really like Rickman as Snape he is awesome in that part. I like the three kids to though I hope Grint doesn't continue with the scared facial expressions (I didn't hate it in the COS but don't want that to be a trend in every film) , he is funny in the books (he has some of the best lines IMO) they don't need to over do it with the facial stuff.

Aspara
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:54:30 PM
I think it'll be good, considering that POA was the best book (that I've read so far, haven't read OOTP) so far, and I just have one complaint.........

SIRUS LOOKS LIKE CHARLES MANSON!

:cry

imported_Eve
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:11:00 PM
I can't decide whether I like PoA or GoF best. OotP was good, but was missing something - like it was a filler. I can see the part where they are getting to, in, and out of the prophecy room at the MOM being eye candy/special effects for the movie version. It is also cool to have Neville and Ginny along for the ride in the climax.

But PoA just plain has a great story. You'd think the climax is the shrieking shack scene where they finally meet Black, but no, then Hermoine and Harry go back in time and fix everything. Then the part when Harry finds out Black is his godfather is so dramatic because he finally gets a glimpse of what having a loving family is like.

But GoF made me cry. I felt so sorry for Harry.

Agh, I just love these books!

Droo
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:15:21 PM
Yay! Yay! YAY! Trailer hurry up! I echo Eve's comments x 10! :D

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:49:47 PM
Rereading OOTP again I like it better at least better than the first two, Rowling's writing skills have gotten better as the series goes on, IMO which is why the books have gotten better. Oh and I felt worse for Harry in OOTP, watching him cope with Sirus death was just horrible and also I have feeling more people will die in the next two books About the trailer I hope it debuts mid week on the WB web site I understand the COS teaser did so hopefully we will see the same for this one.