PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars begin tonight!

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:33:15 AM
By the time they're all done we'll have 1 solid hour of great animation. If the 3-minute format is too short for you then just wait for the DVD and you'll get one great episode. If you're in the mood for the fast paced shorts then tune in tonight at 8 on Cartoon Network. Both the official site and Cartoon Network will have online commentary for each of the episodes.

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars/index.html

darth_mcbain
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:17:35 AM
I"m so psyched for these. At first I wasn't all that excited, but from what I've seen so far with the trailers and the website, it looks like it is gonna be pretty sweet. Do you know if they'll be coming out with this on DVD? I sure hope so - although I'm hoping that a friend of mine will be able to capture it on DVD for me - though it won't be the same if there are any extras that they offer with an official DVD.

darth_mcbain
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:20:12 AM
Just read on theforce.net that it will be offered on DVD - oh yeah!!!

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:24:01 AM
There will definitely be a DVD release. There are rumors of a holiday DVD but I think that's wishful thinking. Episodes 11-20 aren't scheduled until Feb. I think. So if there's an early DVD it will only have the first 10 episodes. I'd rather have 1 DVD with all 20, but 2 DVD's isn't such a bad deal.

JMK
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:49:05 AM
I can't wait for this either. I've been uber-pumped since heard this was in the works. And I'm glad they decided to release it on DVD.

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2003, 12:58:44 PM
The Clone Wars WON'T be shown in Canada. But, if you've got Hyperspace you'll be able to watch the episodes online. Frankly, this blows. Sorry Kanucks.

JMK
Nov 7th, 2003, 01:48:39 PM
Yeah I saw that on the OS. I was really pissed, but I thought the cartoons were going to be on the cartoon network's website? If they aren't, I'll be pissed because I can't register for Hyperspace because it doesn't accept mastercard! :verymad

Ardath Bey
Nov 7th, 2003, 01:57:55 PM
This is going to be delightful. And I think all that tune-in are going to learn just how short three minutes can be. :)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:32:20 PM
I could have sworn when I saw a preview for it the other night, that it said 5 minute installments?

Figrin D'an
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:53:53 PM
Originally posted by Ardath Bey
This is going to be delightful. And I think all that tune-in are going to learn just how short three minutes can be. :)

As long as each of those 3-5 minutes segements are chocked full of content, I don't mind.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:54:05 PM
Do you have a dish Kyle? I am sure you could get it that way. I read it is going to be blocked on the Cartoon Network site for Canada have no clue how they will do that. Still I am sure you can find it some how won't say how here ;)

Figrin D'an
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:55:13 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Yeah I saw that on the OS. I was really pissed, but I thought the cartoons were going to be on the cartoon network's website? If they aren't, I'll be pissed because I can't register for Hyperspace because it doesn't accept mastercard! :verymad

They will be.

If you haven't checked out CN's Clone Wars site, do it before tonight. It's worth the time... there's some pretty cool stuff on it.

Figrin D'an
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:56:05 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Do you have a dish Kyle? I am sure you could get it that way. I read it is going to be blocked on the Cartoon Network site for Canada have no clue how they will do that. Still I am sure you can find it some how won't say how here ;)

Blocked... for Canada?

Why?

JMK
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:37:39 PM
I don't know why, but I sure am pissed about it. I've been on the cartoon network site for a couple weeks now, playing the video games and checking out the features. It's really neat, and I hope I can find the videos somewhere on the net. I do have a dish, but it's a Canadian-based dish, and the cartoon network was never offered in any of it's packages. :\

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:10:43 PM
There's some licensing issue that's preventing the shorts from being shown in Canada. I'm not sure about access through Cartoon Network's site. I think I read that that's going to be blocked as well. Although how they'll do that is beyond me. I'm sure it'll pop up around the net so you should be able to see it eventually.

This is going to be delightful. And I think all that tune-in are going to learn just how short three minutes can be.

Again with the length!!! ;) We're LUCKY to be getting 3 minutes as it is. For some reason, Lucas only intended for the shorts to be 1 minute long. Luckily TartaIcantspellhisnamekosky was able to extend it to 3. He wanted 5 but Lucas would only extend the length to 3. There is a positive side to this. In the end, we're going to be getting 60 minutes of cartoons with wall to wall action. It should run together quite well. So wait for the DVD if you think the length is going to ruin it for you. I think the final version will be worth the wait.

My wish is that these shorts are so successful that Lucas gives the greenlight for a future series. I would even prefer a cartoon over live action. I think they'd cut so many corners with live action that we'd end up with something horrid. But give TartaIcantspellhisnamekosky 30 minutes and a couple of seasons and we'll get something amazing. We might even get some OT era cartoons out of this.

ADarksideJedi
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:22:13 PM
It does look alittle cool Maybe I will watch it for the heck of it!I just hope it is not stupid that would really get me mad!Anywya see u around!JM:angel

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:32:36 PM
I am hoping it works out so well that they turn some the EU novels into cartoons, I can just imagine the Thrawn triology as a cartoon movie it would be awesome. About Cartoon Network I haven't got a clue how they are going to do, I would still try it Kyle the worst you might get cannot access thing. Anybody know what happened that it fell through in Canada? It is the only major country that isn't going to get it.

Jedieb
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:35:19 PM
Here's the article from TFN. It's been updated and there's good news for Canadians.

We have very bad news to report to Canadian Star Wars fans. The Clone Wars cartoon will not be showing in Canada this year. Also, the free video stream from CartoonNetwork.com will be blocked for Canadian ISPs and servers.
StarWars.com was able to secure international rights to broadcast the series for all Hyperspace Members (including Canadians). Look for chapter 1 online tonight at 8:20 p.m. ET on Hyperspace.

Update:
A spokesperson for Cartoon Network has confirmed that Canada's Teletoon network has purchased the rights to show the Clone Wars episodes, but they won't air until next year. As soon as we have an air date, we'll let you know.

You have to wait until summer, but you'll get it eventually.

Figrin D'an
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:06:40 PM
It r0x0red. :D

And it was just 5 minutes of intro.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:08:48 PM
Yeah I loved it just wish it wasn't so short, Monday's part looks awesome a huge spacebattle.

Aspara
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:43:41 PM
A spokesperson for Cartoon Network has confirmed that Canada's Teletoon network has purchased the rights to show the Clone Wars episodes, but they won't air until next year. As soon as we have an air date, we'll let you know.

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Teletoon is teh suck! *cries* Why? Why must it be this way??????

*hates being a Canadian alot more now*

JMK
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:28:36 PM
Next summer! UGH!!!! How unbelievably lame!!!! :shootin

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:55:24 PM
You find it anywhere?

Darth Viscera
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:11:53 AM
If you know how to use Bittorrent, PM me.

JMK
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:43:13 AM
I haven't found it yet, and I have no idea what bittorrent even is DV. :\

Darth Viscera
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:17:44 AM
google it.
learn about it.
then pm me.
:)

Jedieb
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:38:51 PM
It was pretty good. The quick editing is a bit distracting, but I think they've done a remarkably good job under the circumstances. I really hope Tark gets a chance to do a half hour series. The scene of Anakin taking off in his new Starfighter while Padme watches on was great. Lots of good stuff ahead.

Master Yoghurt
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:20:12 PM
That was great! Not bad at all for 3 minutes! :D

imported_Terran Starek
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:02:44 AM
So nice!! So nice!! :)

I love the art, so very Samurai Jack, which is my favorite of Genndy's cartoons.

Oh, and Mace. What can I say? Mace!! Wooo! It was short, but well worth it. I can't wait for more. :D

darth_mcbain
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:43:57 AM
I thought it was really sweet - although I had seen most of the material already from the trailers on tfn. At any rate, it looks like it is going to be really good.

Was it me or did Palpatine really remind you of Mr. Burns from the Simpsons? :)

ReaperFett
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:05:55 PM
Cartoon was good, shame about the awful art.

And I thought he looked like Burns too :)

JMK
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:11:52 PM
I love the style of this cartoon, I think it's pretty much the only style of animation (aside from the heavily used CG in movies) that suits Star Wars.

Jinn Fizz
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:15:36 PM
I loved it, can't wait to see the next part. And the art rocked too, IMO. :)

Jedieb
Nov 10th, 2003, 09:13:33 PM
Chapter 2 played tonight. It was good as well. I'm pretty sure they're are going to play the first 10 back to back on Nov. 21. That should be a treat.

Jedieb
Nov 10th, 2003, 09:15:49 PM
Here's the schedule from TFN:
11/21
Episodes 1-5 will air from 7.30pm (ET/PT) with approximately two breaks.
Episodes 6-10 will air from 9.30pm (ET/PT) with approximately two breaks.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 10th, 2003, 09:39:19 PM
yeah this part was cool I loved the space battle. And who was that watching the clone troopers was that this new Bounty Hunter Durge I have been reading about?

darth_mcbain
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:09:26 AM
That's what I was wondering, JMC... My guess was Durge as well - I guess we'll have to wait until tonight to find out.

I thought the second episode was really good. I liked the tension between Anakin and Obi-Wan, and the space battle was really cool. I can't wait to see them all back-to-back.

ReaperFett
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:12:14 AM
Try searching TOS, I'm sure he'll have been on a comic cover by now. Republic, those ones.

EDIT - This the guy? I wouldn't read the bio, might contain spoilers.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/durge/

JMK
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:02:13 PM
His bio doesn't really contain anything that pertains to Episode 3 if that's what you're worried about.;)

ReaperFett
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:05:08 PM
I meant more pertaining to the cartoon :)

Jedieb
Nov 11th, 2003, 06:23:04 PM
They'll have a spoilerific character towards the end of the series so beware. Although if you didn't think a preview figure of Boba Fett back in 79 was a spoiler you shouldn't be scared of this character's brief appearance.

The animation is very stylish. If you've seen Tark's previous work you can see his style all over it but you do get the sense he's working under some severe constraints. This is why I really hope this series does well and Tark gets the greenlight for a half hour show. Then we'll get something that looks as amazing as Samurai Jack.

Darth Viscera
Nov 11th, 2003, 07:49:56 PM
ah, catfish. :(

i was recording tonight's episode for my archive, and i accidently overwrote it during capture.

Figrin D'an
Nov 12th, 2003, 07:08:18 PM
Did anyone else here a wookie roar at the end of the episode tonight? Could it be that this Durge character is actually a Wookie?

Darth Viscera
Nov 12th, 2003, 07:45:48 PM
I DID! I was just telling that to Fettish, and he didn't believe me!

JMK
Nov 12th, 2003, 08:23:34 PM
It's definetly there. That's very cool, though I wonder if it means what we think it means?

Figrin D'an
Nov 12th, 2003, 08:37:51 PM
Originally posted by JMK
It's definetly there. That's very cool, though I wonder if it means what we think it means?

If it is, it would be an infinitely more awesome tie-in than the one that is supposed to occur in Episode III.

Darth Viscera
Nov 12th, 2003, 08:52:53 PM
are you implying that it's chewie?

Jedieb
Nov 12th, 2003, 09:04:14 PM
It looks like tomorrow we get to see why Kit's lightsaber works underwater. Man, I love it when continuity gets ignored! :) Yeah, I know they'll have some technical explanation, but it's cool to see they didn't let a small hurdle like lightsabers and water stop them from a cool underwater fight.

JMK
Nov 12th, 2003, 09:30:21 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
If it is, it would be an infinitely more awesome tie-in than the one that is supposed to occur in Episode III.
It wouldn't make sense though. :huh
Chewie is supposed to help the Republic in Episode 3.

Figrin D'an
Nov 12th, 2003, 09:41:29 PM
Originally posted by JMK
It wouldn't make sense though. :huh
Chewie is supposed to help the Republic in Episode 3.

Maybe he has a change of heart? No idea, really. We know that, by the time of Episode IV, the Empire employs rather racist policies, and given all of the planets that Dooku supposedly rallies to his flag, I'm guess that there is some kind of massive betrayal that takes place, in which these planets are subjegated by the Empire. Maybe Kashyyyk was one of those worlds that joins with Dooku at first, but later, when things turn sour, some of the Wookies start to help the waining Republic.

I have no idea... just tossing out an idea. :)

Anyway... I think Durge and Obi-Wan are supposed to fight at some point, IIRC. That should be cool, regardless if he's a Wookie or not.

JMK
Nov 13th, 2003, 10:22:26 AM
Maybe he's just a bad wookie and he's nothing but an intro to the world of wookies. But there's a whole backstory to Durge on the OS: http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/durge/index.html and it's clear that he isn't a wookie. But we DID hear a wookie yell at the end of chapter 4. I guess time will tell, as I have no idea what that meant.

ReaperFett
Nov 13th, 2003, 10:34:18 AM
Maybe it was someone gargling? ;)

darth_mcbain
Nov 13th, 2003, 10:36:59 AM
I'll have to watch it again, I didn't actually hear it. But you are right, JMK - the backstory that they provided on the OS makes it pretty clear that he isn't a Wookiie.

I thought he was pretty cool, but I thought it was a little too easy, that he and the lancer droids cut through the Republic ranks so easily. Oh well, I guess when you have to cram a battle into a 5 minute episode, you don't have the luxury of showing the true battle - it was probably just a stylized victory...

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 13th, 2003, 12:12:56 PM
Those droids look liked IG-88 in a way might just be a similar design. not sure what to make of the wookie roar. but as you said Durge isn't a Wookie.

darth_mcbain
Nov 13th, 2003, 12:30:48 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Those droids look liked IG-88 in a way might just be a similar design. not sure what to make of the wookie roar. but as you said Durge isn't a Wookie.

According to the OS Durge leads an army of IG-lancer droids - so it definitely would seem that those droids are related to IG-88 in some way. They certainly looked very similar

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 13th, 2003, 12:41:44 PM
That makes sense Ia m guessing IG-88 then was a later model.

JMK
Nov 13th, 2003, 12:52:57 PM
Yeah, IG just stands for Inter Galactic (I would guess). The InterGalactic Banking Clan must have their own droid army that resemble them. I noticed it when watching AotC that San Hill's head is long and narrow, like IG-88's head. The design of their droids obviously mirrors their own species.

ReaperFett
Nov 13th, 2003, 01:05:03 PM
Ole IGgies bio at TOS mentions he is a Clone Wars relic. Wether the ESB one we saw actually is one is another matter, but I wouldn't be suprised to see an IG-model.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 13th, 2003, 01:12:20 PM
you hear a lot of different things about him. I know he was an experimental assassin droid, that escaped. Can't remember his whole story

ReaperFett
Nov 13th, 2003, 01:15:15 PM
He's an escaped droid, yeah. That ones been his history since pre-EU I believe.

Jedieb
Nov 13th, 2003, 06:42:07 PM
If I remember correctly, there were 4 IG's. When they gained self awareness they destroyed their creators. I know Fett destroyed the one we saw on Cloud City. Anohter one ended up in the computer core of the second Death Star. I can't remember the fate of the other 2. The stories were pretty far out. There were in the Kevin Anderson short stories and they are EU so take them for what they're worth.

(These IG stories are more than 5 years old, so why are we using spoiler tags?)

Durge is about 2,000 years old I believe. He's a Gen'Dai. They can live to be 4,000 years old and they tend to go insane as they grow older. All I care about is that he looks sleek and it's going to be a pleasure to see him get taken down by the Jedi.

ReaperFett
Nov 13th, 2003, 06:56:16 PM
Eb, One ambushed Fett just before ROTJ in the ship, died. Forget the other one.

And yeah it's EU, but so are the Clone War cartoons, although like all prequel stuff Lucas is watching it more carefully.

Jedieb
Nov 13th, 2003, 07:08:12 PM
THAT WAS AWESOME!! My favorite Chapter so far. It was out there, but that's what you can do with a cartoon. And the AOTC style evil grin from Fisto at the end was PERFECT!"

As for watching things closely, I'd say GL's watching the EU even less than before the prequels started. He's way too busy with the prequels. He'll check off major concepts and veto disastrous plots like killing Luke to start off the NJO, but he still ignores most of what goes on there. The details are being handled by a host of other people.

ReaperFett
Nov 13th, 2003, 07:16:46 PM
Apparently, he had it all sorted, and a lot has been directed in comics and cartoons. Specifics may change, but little else. And hey, the Wachowskis managed two movies a game and the Animatrix, what's the difference? :)

Jedieb
Nov 13th, 2003, 07:38:11 PM
I think they take a much more active role in their other mediums. They wrote something like 4 of the animated shorts in Animatrix. I think it would be interesting to see a piece of EU penned by GL himself, but I just don't think he's interested in much outside of the movies. Here's Tart quote on not just GL, but Lucasfilm's involvement in the series:

"They've been remarkably hands off with us. I think once George Lucas gave his 'seal of approval', everyone felt they could trust us to handle the property with the appropriate care and concern in deserves. So we went away and developed our own storyline, a new perspective and approach, along with character designs and production elements...."

So GL was a stickler about the length, but not the specific content. I think that really helped tonight's episode. For a cartoon, the underwater action was great, but it really didn't match up well with the underwater scenes we saw in TPM. I for one, wouldn't want it to. With a cartoon you're free to have Fisto swim around and do a great Aquaman impersination. So take advantage of the different medium and have a blast.

I would like to see a GL story in the EU. Not so much for authenticity's sake, as just for the novelty of seeing what kind of non-film story he could come up with.

JMK
Nov 13th, 2003, 08:58:43 PM
Cool Episode tonight.

Just one question: Star Destroyers float????:huh Huh?
Yeah Yeah, I know I know, they're full of air, right? How would they take off out of the water after without any solid ground to push off of?? And what about the engines? They'd be full of water!:lol

Darth Viscera
Nov 13th, 2003, 09:11:03 PM
I missed tonight's episode. D'oh.

Darth Viscera
Nov 14th, 2003, 05:48:00 AM
Good news!

You can watch the clone wars episodes free of charge on cartoon network's website, http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars/index.html

Jedieb
Nov 14th, 2003, 11:42:22 AM
How about that underwater cannon? That was pretty impressive. And those Force air bubbles that Fisto started throwing made me laugh out loud. I half expected him to go Super Sayain. :lol

I guess Star Destroyers float the same way air craft carriers can float.

darth_mcbain
Nov 14th, 2003, 01:02:38 PM
For the most part, I thought last night's episode was really sweet! The only thing I wasn't too big on was when the Mon Cals pushed the Quarren Uber-Laser off of the cliff and you watched it go all the way down and blow up. It seemed very reminiscent of the Emperor's death in ROTJ. I don't know - just seemed a little cliche. But other than that, awesome episode.

I can't wait for tonight... Asajj Ventriss makes her debut

Jedieb
Nov 14th, 2003, 02:03:25 PM
I think Asajj Ventriss will be the focus of the next 2 episodes. We'll see Dooku as well. Sweeeeet.

JMK
Nov 14th, 2003, 02:34:50 PM
It's about damned time!!!

Darth Viscera
Nov 14th, 2003, 06:29:26 PM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
Good news!

You can watch the clone wars episodes free of charge on cartoon network's website, http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars/index.html

Hey, thanks for the info Vis! w00t! Now I won't have to go around and try tracking down all those episodes.

-suitable reply

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 14th, 2003, 06:40:33 PM
Heh well I knew about it before I figured everybody on here knew about it :p

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 14th, 2003, 07:01:34 PM
I CANT WATCH THE ------------ THINGS CAUSE I'M NOT IN THE USA!!!

YOU SUCK CARTOON NETWORK!

And jsut why not???? If anyone knows where on P2P they are, PM me.

Darth Viscera
Nov 14th, 2003, 07:39:45 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
I CANT WATCH THE ------------ THINGS CAUSE I'M NOT IN THE USA!!!

YOU SUCK CARTOON NETWORK!

And jsut why not???? If anyone knows where on P2P they are, PM me.

kjsadfkjasdlkf;asgrrr

!!!

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 14th, 2003, 08:02:53 PM
Vis, what made me post the rant? I cant watch the frelling things from thier site. That's why I'm asking about P2P. Otherwise, I'll have to go IP spoofing.

Darth Viscera
Nov 14th, 2003, 08:07:07 PM
hey man, what're friends for? get on AIM and I'll give you the IP to my FTP server, you can leech them off me.

Darth Viscera
Nov 14th, 2003, 08:13:18 PM
Try this first though, it's a direct link to their quicktime files:

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars/video/meta/standard/qt/chapter1_320_hi.mov
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars/video/meta/standard/qt/chapter2_320_hi.mov
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars/video/meta/standard/qt/chapter3_320_hi.mov
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars/video/meta/standard/qt/chapter4_320_hi.mov
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars/video/meta/standard/qt/chapter5_320_hi.mov

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 14th, 2003, 08:25:56 PM
Direct link dont work.

Meesa getting on AIM now.........

Edit : Hey, this aint bad. Dont you wish you could see this in a movie?

Figrin D'an
Nov 14th, 2003, 09:31:11 PM
Tonight's episode was excellent. Cartoon Dooku has even more screen presence than movie Dooku. That's kinda scary, yet very cool.

Darth Viscera
Nov 14th, 2003, 10:04:28 PM
Yeah. I wish George Lucas would put the same effort that he puts into cartoons, into the movies.

darth_mcbain
Nov 14th, 2003, 10:20:38 PM
He did have an awesome screen presence, though I don't know if I'd go as far as to say moreso than Christopher Lee in Ep. II.

I thought this episode was really cool

Was that a Wampa in the arena? And one of the creatures looked like the big giant creature from the Ewok Adventure (I think it was called Gorax). Ventriss looks like she's a bad@ss - I look forward to more episodes with her in it.

Darth Viscera
Nov 14th, 2003, 10:44:02 PM
LOL
Re: Episode 5
Isn't it fortunate for the Republic that they just so happened to have a bottomless pit about 2 feet away from that giant Quarren cannon?

darth_mcbain
Nov 17th, 2003, 10:44:40 PM
Wow - I thought Chapter 7 was the best so far. I loved how Dooku used the Force to levitate down into the arena, and also the fight between him and Ventress was awesome.

I was also very pleased that they expanded on Ventress' claim that she was a Sith. When she said that at the end of Chapter 6, I was kind of puzzled, since that went against the whole rule of 2 thing. I don't think they completely explained it, but my take on it is that Ventress didn't know that Dooku was a Sith, and she was just trying to make herself sound more impressive by claiming that she was a Sith. Bit of a shock (ok, bad pun) for her when she found out how powerful Dooku was and that he was truly a Sith!

I also loved the appearance by Sidious... Good stuff!!!

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 17th, 2003, 11:44:30 PM
Loved Sidious popping too, also

I think he sending her after Anakin as a test he wants to make sure the kid is ready before he takes him on as his apprentice kind of cool in that way. And I think Sidious hinted as much

JediBoricua
Nov 18th, 2003, 12:02:33 PM
Best episode yet!

My only bug is Ventress' voice, it makes my ears hurt!

Figrin D'an
Nov 18th, 2003, 09:22:23 PM
Chapter 8 was great. Obi-Wan and Durge battle r0x0red. Seeing Obi-Wan in clone trooper armor was pretty cool. Looks like Durge will be back for another round, though. :)

TheHolo.Net
Nov 18th, 2003, 10:31:05 PM
I have found some other Quicktime format copies of the episodes available for direct download on an AOL website, so I think they are legitimate for distribution.

Chapter 1: Mission To Muunilinst
http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter1/st_t4t00ne_dl.mov

Chapter 2: Gunship Down
http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter2/st_c0rus4t_dl.mov

Chapter 3: Urban Warfare
http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter3/st_sp33dr_dl.mov

Chapter 4: Unleash Durge
http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter4/st_y0dazhm_dl.mov

Chapter 5: Kit Fisto, Wet & Wild
http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter5/st_xwng_dl.mov

Chapter 6: Last Dark Jedi Standing
http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter6/st_flc0n_dl.mov

Chapter 7: Tyranus Vs. Ventress
http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter7/st_4mdla_dl.mov

Chapter 8: Jedi Jousting
http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter8/st_l314_dl.mov

Chapter 9: Obi Wan Vs. Durge
http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter9/st_c53wbc4_dl.mov

Chapter 10: Anakin's Dogfight
http://progressive1.stream.aol.com/turner/gl/cartoon_net/starwars/chapter10/st_dths7rr_dl.mov

Darth Viscera
Nov 18th, 2003, 10:32:22 PM
*joygasm*

seeing obi-wan in clone trooper armor was really neat. more plz.

And if the Republic had power lancers on speeder bikes too, shouldn't they have kinda sorta deployed them in support of the army that was attacking Muunilist? They lost a whole army down there. Unless the Republic can get some major reinforcements down and quick, it looks like the Confederacy has lifted the siege.

JMK
Nov 19th, 2003, 12:00:46 AM
This chapter was amazing. I love the old influenes Tartakovski's taking from the OT and putting them into his cartoon. Like Obi Wan in Clone Trooper armor. Too cool. And yeah, we will be seeing Durge again.

darth_mcbain
Nov 19th, 2003, 09:33:32 AM
Awesome episode!!! The battle between Durge and Obi-Wan was incredible. I love those shields that Durge used to deflect Obi-Wan's saber attacks. I wonder if those shields are the same as the shields in TPM where Maul was separated from Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Maul tested it with his saber and couldn't get through, so I bet they've adapted that shielding for defense against lightsabers.

Pierce Tondry
Nov 19th, 2003, 10:17:21 AM
Durge is supposed to feature in Ep 3, I believe. He won't be kicking the bucket anytime soon.

JMK
Nov 19th, 2003, 02:09:39 PM
Is Durge really supposed to be in Episode 3? I've heard that there will be someone similar with equal technology, but I'm not sure if it's Durge himself. Time will tell. Can't wait for today's episode!

ReaperFett
Nov 19th, 2003, 08:35:50 PM
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/promos/200311_jedi/poll.html

Choose the Jedi who appears in the last episode.

Ithorian for me :D

JMK
Nov 19th, 2003, 08:58:13 PM
Another cool episode tonight. Obi Wan served up Durge with another beating tonight, but I STILL don't think we've seen the last of him.

Figrin D'an
Nov 19th, 2003, 08:59:15 PM
Tonight's episode was a little... strange. The second battle between Obi-Wan and Durge was odd, but I kind of liked it. Durge certainly didn't go down very easily. Obi-Wan's line after he... uh... emerged from Durge's body made me chuckle a little, just because of the Arc Trooper's monotone response.

Obi-Wan: Well, it appears I've made quite a mess. (thinks "Oh, I'm being witty!"
Arc Trooper Commander: "Yes, sir." (thinks "Good lord, what a dork.")

;)

JediBoricua
Nov 19th, 2003, 09:23:14 PM
The more I see the cartoon the more I think...if clonetroopers are such badasses, why oh why are stormtroopers such jackasses?

JMK
Nov 19th, 2003, 09:29:45 PM
I've asked myself the same thing. Of course someone will come along and say that they probably have cloned someone else to use as stormtroopers, but I say BS to that. Why have the Jango be the template at all if you're going to change it? If it was a change that made clones better, sure, but Stormtroopers are idiots.
And there are probably others that will say a change in technology allowed for Stormtroopers to be grown faster than Clonetroopers, but they don't make as good soldiers. So you get quantity, not quality. Which I think is crap as well.

Figrin D'an
Nov 19th, 2003, 09:46:05 PM
I think a funny explanation would be the "copy of a copy" concept.

With the original template destroyed (ie. Jango), they had to make new clones using the original clones as a template. So, just as how making a copy of a copy of copy using an office copy machine results in degraded quality, the same holds true with Clones Troopers to Stormtroopers.

;)

The only legit explanation I can think of is that perhaps, eventually, clones are phased out in favor of more traditional recruiting, perhaps because it's cheaper than making more clones. While you may get a few recruits that are crackshots, most aren't, and the overall fighting ability of the Imperial army decreases. But, the Empire doesn't see this as a problem, because they have such overwhelming numbers, and because the galaxy has already been conquered and they don't consider the Rebellion a strong threat.

*shrugs*

Ryan Pode
Nov 19th, 2003, 09:48:43 PM
Friday they are showing all of them supposedly, continuously.

JediBoricua
Nov 19th, 2003, 09:52:49 PM
What I believe is that stormtroopers can't be clones.

Think about it. At the height of the empire it was composed by thousands of system, all needing garrisons and other military personel. Add to that the need of a full time army/navy ready for battle.

The process of making clones takes 10 yrs., and operating at full capacity in Kamino they could only produce a million or so troopers. So either they have had to expand their operations to dozens of systems and clone billions of troops, or they did the reasonable thing, recruit, become a huge burocratic force and lower their standards and efficiency.

Discertations like the one above is what separates the novice Swfan from the sad Swfan. ;)

Figrin D'an
Nov 19th, 2003, 09:56:41 PM
Originally posted by JediBoricua
What I believe is that stormtroopers can't be clones.

Most of them probably aren't clones. There might be a few clones mixed into the Stormtrooper ranks, perhaps from the last batches that were made near the end of the Clone Wars and that survived the battle.

But, yeah, I tend to believe that most are just normal recruits.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 19th, 2003, 10:56:44 PM
I don't know I think most are clones the guys sound like morons to me, especially none of them have names I don't think anybody is called Tk-47 :p I think they just kept cloning more troops probably the clone of the clone thing and that is why they are so incompetent.

JMK
Nov 20th, 2003, 08:33:12 AM
Wasn't there other cloning facilities in the galaxy? Not sure.

If Jango was destroyed, they could have just used Boba, he's exactly the same.

Ugh, I hope this becomes clearer, although AotC was supposed to clear it all up. :\

darth_mcbain
Nov 20th, 2003, 09:41:43 AM
I thought last night's episode was one of the weaker ones. I didn't like how Durge seemed to keep growing bigger and bigger. In their first battle in chapter 8, he looked bigger than Obi-Wan, but still on the same general scale. In ch. 9, he looked HUGE, like he had grown twice his size. I also didn't quite like how Obi-Wan "defeated" him - what the heck did Obi-Wan do? He was sort of "swallowed" up by Durge and then all of a sudden Durge explodes... I don't know, just didn't seem all that cool to me.

On the other hand, I loved how Obi-Wan used the saber throw to take out the Droideka...

As for the storm-troopers, I personally do think that they are mostly clones. I think that is a good theory, with the whole copy of a copy thing. I thought I had also heard somewhere that the clones are much more effective when there is a strong mind leading them and coordinating their efforts. In Ep. II, Yoda was the general and led them in the assault on Geonosis. In these Cartoons, Obi-Wan is leading them. In the OT, who leads them? Nobody, really. While the Emperor and Vader are definitely strong minds at the head of the Empire, they don't seem to actively take part in the Stormtrooper skirmishes, so I wonder if the OT stormtroopers not only suffer from a degradation of quality from repeated cloning, but also suffer from a lack of leadership and coordination.

Figrin D'an
Nov 20th, 2003, 11:30:41 AM
Originally posted by JMK
If Jango was destroyed, they could have just used Boba, he's exactly the same.

Boba is still a clone, though. Yeah, he's an "unaltered" clone, but a clone nonetheless. So, we'd still be stuck with the "copy of a copy" problem.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 20th, 2003, 12:17:59 PM
Which is why they might not be as good as their previous versions. Also Mcbain that is a good theory, in the OT there is one time they look effective it is When Vader is leading them other that they don't look so great.

darth_mcbain
Nov 20th, 2003, 12:58:25 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/promos/200311_jedi/poll.html

Choose the Jedi who appears in the last episode.

Ithorian for me :D

I chose the Ithorian too, though he's running a distant third... :(

JMK
Nov 21st, 2003, 11:25:01 AM
The rumors of the OT being redone are comng up again. Here's one of the supposed changes of ANH:
Temuera Morrison's voice is being recorded for use with all the stormtroopers.
If this is true then it's certain that all troopers are clones.

Source:http://www.theforce.net/holonet/index.shtml#22710
But it admits that it's more of a wish list than factual rumored change list.

Jedieb
Nov 21st, 2003, 08:01:46 PM
I like the idea of the Stormtroopers being clones. It would give the Emperor more control over them. After awhile, clones would come from different sources, even different cloners. Plus, who says they have to take 10 years? Other cloners could probably speed up the process. Thrawn got the dreadnaught fleet up and running with clones and it was done in under 10 years.

OT changes with Temura's voice over would pretty much end the debate. Although there are *Greedo* other *shoots* changes *first* that I'd like to see made. Get Ian to do a voice over and reshoot for Vader's ESB asteroid chase transmission. That would be near the *Greedo* top *shoots* of *first* my list.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 21st, 2003, 09:14:17 PM
Who else watched all the parts together. I thought it was really cool that way too bad we have to wait like 6 months for new ones that part sucks.

JMK
Nov 21st, 2003, 09:16:47 PM
Were they put together in one half hour cartoon?

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 21st, 2003, 09:21:10 PM
No they split it up showing the first part at 7:30 and the second at 9:30. I guess they had to do it that way because of commericials still was cool to see.

darth_mcbain
Jan 9th, 2004, 02:33:18 PM
From TF.N

January 9, 2004 -- CARTOON Network is putting the finishing touches on the next set of "Star Wars" 'toons, the newest and coolest editions to the "Star Wars" saga.
The first of 10 new episodes of "Star Wars: Clone Wars" - each between three and five minutes long - is slated to debut on March 26. The first batch aired last November.

The epic micro-series takes place in between "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones" and the new movie that's still in production, which won't be released until 2005.

But "Clone Wars" is the latest highly stylized action 'toon from animation maestro, Genndy Tartakovsky, the creative force behind the network's cult hit "Samurai Jack."

One of the most attractive elements of the 'toon is that many of the episodes focus on a group of minor characters, a rarity in "Star Wars" mythology which usually tells sweeping, galaxy-sized stories.

Looks like we've only got a couple months before these get going again!!! :)

JMK
Jan 9th, 2004, 03:35:18 PM
Should we start a countdown for those too? ;)

I'm pretty anxious to see how this series winds up ending.