PDA

View Full Version : A Summons from the Council (Council, Pierce Tondry)

Figrin D'an
Nov 6th, 2003, 08:47:25 PM
It had been a long session for the Jedi Council. Deep into the hours of the evening had discussion and debate been forged on a myriad of topics, ranging from Republic politics to reports of recent Dark Jedi and Sith activity to updates on the progress of the Order's many padawans.

Discussing padawans was always an unpredictable subject. While order was always maintained is such conversations, there were always disagreements over teaching method and perceived progress. Such was the norm, however, and it came to be expected by those whom sat in the Council circle. Thought often heated and filled with stubborness of individual belief, there was always respect. It was that upon which the Council functioned, and upon which it would continue to function.

The Council members were weary from the long day. It could be seen in their eyes and on their faces. Yet one important matter remained.

"Before we adjourn this session, " spoke up Jedi Master Figrin D'an, "there is one final item before us that should be handled with all due seriousness. You will find it listed at the bottom of your agenda."

As the others looked over their data pads, Figrin tapped the comm unit built into the arm of his chair, which connected him to the waiting room just off of the main council chamber.

"Send in Padawan Tondry when he is ready."

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:03:44 AM
Wei pushed his glasses up onto the top of his head and rubbed his eyes with both hands.

"More Padawans?" Wei asked, yawning. He gave a tired chuckled.

Ryla Relvinian
Nov 7th, 2003, 12:16:23 PM
I smiled at Wei's comment. "There's always more Padawans..."

Kelt Simoson
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:46:22 PM
' Perhaps another Master change?' He chuckled with Wei and Ryla as he drew himself away from the writing on his data pad.

Kelt was however not that tired as some of the others were. The Jedi Knight was quite wide awake and ready to see Tondry, a smile across his face.

Pierce Tondry
Nov 9th, 2003, 02:12:52 PM
If the individual Council member were tired, Pierce was the epitome of their collective exhaustion. His uniform was rumpled, his hair was sticking every which way, and he had a slightly distracted look on his face that came from the ringing in his ears.

"What?" he'd asked the messenger who stopped by the artillery range to see him.

"I'm sorry, you'll have to speak up," he'd added. "We had a premature sonic grenade detonation and our hearing's a little off."

He'd also thought to ask "What?" of the secretary the first time she called his name.

Bouncing between Padawan learning and military duties had kept him busy, and tired him out. He'd been promising himself a vacation, but it was mostly empty wishing. There was just too much to do.

But whatever mission the Council wanted him for undoubtedly held great importance.

He greeted the assembled Masters with a nod and tired smile. "What can I do for you?"

AmazonBabe
Nov 10th, 2003, 05:03:51 PM
:: AB stiffled a yawn. It wasn't that she was bored, it was that she was exhausted. And sitting so long had made her bottom go slightly numb. ::

:: As Tondry entered the chamber, she folded her hands on her lap and paid attention to the proceedings. ::

Figrin D'an
Nov 12th, 2003, 08:28:49 PM
"Jedi Tondry, thank you for your presence," Figrin said genuinely. "The Council has been looking forward to speaking with you."

The Jedi Master folded his hands together and sat back in his chair.

"As you likely know," he continued, "the Order has experienced an influx of padawans in recent times. It has also been some time since we have reviewed the progress of some of our more experienced padawans. There are, unfortunately, many whom we do not yet consider ready for the rigors of Jedi life. This has caused significant stress on our resources, and it has not been easy on our learned Masters and Knights, but they have borne the burden as only Jedi could."

"After recent discussion, however, we believe the time as come to being looking for those new leaders within our ranks. This is the reason why you stand here before us now."

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 13th, 2003, 10:44:05 AM
Wei smiled. He had called it. "I figured that was why," Wei said in a whisper to himself.

"Ah yes," Wei said while yawning. "You have studied diligently. I have but one question for you, Padawan. No doubt when you decided to join you were asked why you wanted to join. I won't ask why you wanted to join, but I will ask you this: Have those reasons for joining the Order changed? And what of your perception of what it is that Jedi are?"

Pierce Tondry
Nov 14th, 2003, 04:44:40 PM
Pierce had to concentrate past the ringing in order to make out what Figrin was saying. When the elder Jedi Master had finished, he nearly burst out with another "What?" Experience and self-control stopped him.

Then Wei spoke up and Pierce's brow furrowed with the effort of listening again. This didn't leave him any extra energy to think about Wei's question at the same time, so when Wei had finished speaking Pierce was quiet for a long moment.

"I joined the Republic to save the lives of good soldiers- good people," he corrected himself. "Then I started having problems with my health that were related to the Force. If I'd let that play out, it might've consumed me. That would be letting those soldiers down."

"Who Jedi are to me hasn't really changed," he continued. "They're irksome apes who can FUBAR a situation in seconds. I just used to figure I was the one in the right, and they were tanking my Op-Plans because I was the enemy. But if you walk that line between just and unjust long enough, you've eventually got to fall to one side."

Thoughts of Lilaena and Sorsha called themselves to mind. Remembering who they were and what they had done left a hardness inside him. His brow furrowed for reasons that had nothing to do with the ringing in his ears. "I just wasn't the kind to fall the wrong way, I guess."

Kelt Simoson
Nov 15th, 2003, 05:45:00 AM
Kelt nodded in agreement with Tondry.

' You seem to me quite a loyal member of the GJO, and i praise you for that my friend. Your words are moving and true so for that i also congratulate you.' Kelt said softly, a smile across his lips.

Anbira Hicchoru
Nov 24th, 2003, 01:59:29 AM
Anbira remained silent for now, waiting for Master D'an to proceed.

Figrin D'an
Nov 24th, 2003, 10:22:51 PM
Figrin stood and took a step forward, resting his arms behind his back. He looked at Pierce with a stolid face, his state-of-mind unreadable save to perhaps the most skilled of telepaths.

"Most here will agree," the Jedi Master responded to the padawan's comments, "that you are far from the norm as a Jedi. That can simultaneously be a blessing and a failing. However, which of those ultimately becomes reality is a choice made by the individual."

"That said," he concluded, "there is no one here who will deny that you have been a valuable addition to our ranks, and have brought with you a perspective that we sometimes lack. There remains only one question that we must ask of you... one that all true Jedi must answer."

"How do you feel?"

Pierce Tondry
Nov 30th, 2003, 02:04:09 PM
"How do I feel?"

There was another moment of long silence. Things flashed through Pierce's mind, arguments and their counters, hopes, worries, a thousand different bits and pieces of personality kaleidoscoping together into a disjointed and uncertain picture.

Then they all vanished, replaced by a single shining certainty.

Pierce smiled. "Feelin' fine," he said.

Ryla Relvinian
Dec 2nd, 2003, 02:42:02 AM
I smirked at his levity in the situation at hand... In his mind I could sense that he was conflicted for a moment, thinking honestly about the question, even despite his confident, nonchalant demeanor.

Waiting for Figrin to continue, I sat calmly as ever in my chair, highly pleased inside to see Pierce finally getting the opportunity to move forward within our ranks.

Figrin D'an
Dec 4th, 2003, 12:51:38 AM
The Jedi Master's exterior remained fixed, but inwardly, he smiled. He somehow expected that type of humorous yet truthful answer out of a man whom always had a conciseness to his personality. It was a good answer, and as Figrin could sense, one that rang true within the padawan's mind. There was no longer any doubt that Pierce was ready.

"Very well, Padawan Tondry," he responded, acknowledgement and a hint of admiration in his voice. Figrin turned about and returned to his seat, but did not yet sit down. He looked to his fellow council members.

"Council, I hereby submit Pierce Tondry to your judgement, for promotion to the rank of Jedi Knight."

Wei Wu Wei
Dec 4th, 2003, 08:30:37 AM
Wei put his hand over his mouth to stifle a yawn. "Yeah, he's good. He deserves the promotion."

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 10th, 2003, 01:20:51 PM
"I agree. He is definitely deserving," Dasquian nodded.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 10th, 2003, 02:03:25 PM
'I will promote you on one condition: take a vacation."