PDA

View Full Version : Absolutly siiiiiiiiick mate....

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 6th, 2003, 06:39:55 AM
http://www.importforums.com/topsecretgtr.htm

Yum.

Master Yoghurt
Nov 6th, 2003, 07:10:55 AM
Vrrrrroooom! :rollin

Morgan Evanar
Nov 6th, 2003, 01:39:07 PM
I want the engine and the car without the stupid body kit.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 6th, 2003, 01:41:30 PM
I'd love to get an R32 Skyline GT-R one day. Whilst thet are not quite as fast as say the R34, I look the look much more. Plus, they are now availible in Aust under a 15 year old import rule, makes em cheaper and easier to import and register.

Silus Xilarian
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:03:46 AM
I have to go change my shorts now :(

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:16:19 AM
Originally posted by Silus Xilarian
I have to go change my shorts now :(

GTR's modded in Japan are the worlds fastest road cars. They like get 1400 hp out of those monsters. Got a guy around here who runs 700 hp on the street, sequential Harrop gearbox, triple plate clutch, trick software for the ATESSA drive split, it's an R33 and is one of the fastest track cars about. And he uses it as a daily driver.

R32 / R33 are just the best for modifying. so much power can come from the motor, the gearboxes are strong....What's there not to love with them?

Morgan Evanar
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:18:22 PM
RHD and not imported in quantity to the US. It would be cheaper/easier for me to get a Vette Z06.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:16:37 PM
Option 1 - Scrap shitbox runaround (it's close to self destruct), buy V8 wagon. Cheap, boring, effective. Tows like a train.

Option 2 - Rebuild Shitbox with a Sukuki GTI race / rally motor. 120Kw from 800kg. Possible turbo option. Cheapish, very effective, car would become lead tipped arrow. Overpower gearbox and driveshafts. Have to upgrade brakes and suspension.

Option 3 - Cut front end off Shitbix, put in new chassis and carbon fibre panels, clothing a Integra Type-R Mugen modded motor with 170kw. Difficult technically, but would be unique and become on hell of a sleeper. Be lighter, but brakes and suspension will need huge work. Possible, but involved.

Option 4 - Nissan GTiR. 171Kw in 1300 kg, road car that does 13's factory. Abotu 13G. Intercooler would need to be changed as they are sighted wrong. 4wd is rumoured fragile, but will suit the fact i need to carry PC's. Awesome road car.

Option 5 - Nissan GTR R32. Can tow, has power and brakes, tough as hell because of Grp A racing homolgations. Lack of hatch and cost (20G) only real drawbacks. Insurance no problem, I have the best rating possible.

Right now the loonies I associate with are saying Opt 2 or Opt 5.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:52:39 PM
No used Impreza or Liberty (AU legacy, no?) wagons? o_O

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:05:39 AM
I'd want to go either extreme road car or tower. Impreza would be a road option, they cant tow. The GTiR however is cheaper and much quicker. The shitbox remotor options would also give an Impreza WRX a real hurry up.

Liberty would be more of the tow option. But subys dont tow well and I've been bitten once by a bad tow car. Rollovers while towing suck.

I'd say Opt 2's going to win. 3G for that.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:17:14 AM
when we hit 10 million unique views to our websites, the boss is gonna let us all go out and rent any car we want for a day

i wish i could rent a skyline :(

as it is, im leaning towards a 350 z

Morgan Evanar
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:52:51 PM
Corvette Z06 is probably your best bet. Its stupid how fast they really are.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:59:53 PM
Vette's are probably the only US car anyone outside the USA has respect for. There's a race class called Marquee Sports, that has any type of sports car allowed with restricted mods and I've seen what a quad cam Vette did in that. It handled, it braked and it accelerated. It was sweeeeet. It won and then the owner bolted number plates on and drove home. I've seen the same car in a tarmac rally, did okay, but got wiped by the GTR's.

Probably the best road cars I know of are the Porsche 4wd's (NOT the Cheyanne, the 911's), GTR's then the RX-7 series 6 to 8. The RX-7 late models are just sublime handlers and have a motor that can be boosted real nice.

The other car that I've driven and loved was the MX-5 (Miata in the USA). Hey it aint got power, but it has incredible road prowess and finesse in it's handling.

edit : Option selected. I'll post about it in the new year, when it's a done deal