PDA

View Full Version : A Bond Unbroken

hGozomi
Nov 6th, 2003, 12:06:53 AM
She sat, waiting. It had been almost three days since Mr. Dust had gone, and hGozomi hoped that he was able to take care of whatever affairs he had told he he was trying to situate. He'd said to meet her here, in one of the gardens of the upper districts, and so that was where she now waited, hands in lap and ghostly eyes turning left and right occaisionally, trying to pick him out of the crowds that milled about.

So far, she hadn't seen him, and the albino prayed that he hadn't run into trouble in any way. To have him taken away when she just found him again... it would have killed her.

Wearing a pair of loosefitting trousers and an equally loose button-up, she waited for Mr. Dust to arrive.

Mr Dust
Nov 7th, 2003, 12:48:27 AM
Mr. Dust sees his love sitting at the appointed location and can't help but play a small prank on her. Since her return, it seems as if part of him, namely his more jovial side, had returned.

In many ways, she IS the part of him that has returned. He is whole again.

His talks with the Jedi Council went suprisingly well. They agreed to allow him to reverse the ceremony under a small caveat. But all that would be sorted out. In the mood he is in, not even the mildest unpleasant thought can make a foothold in his heart.

Sneaking around to a position behind her, he plans his approach. He cannot simply sneak up behind her, as she looks in all directions for him. So, he must come from below. Quickly making himself ethereal, he phases through the duracrete below him. He moves toward where he estimates she should be and pokes his head out for a peek. Right on target. He waits a moment until he is sure she is not looking, and hops out of the ground, becoming solid once more. Right behind her left ear, he whispers a quick...

Boo!

hGozomi
Nov 7th, 2003, 12:57:42 AM
His voice so close in her ear was surprising, and the albino gave a start, and she turned her head, bumping into Mr. Dust's cheek. She didn't move however, as she realized who it was who'd startled her, and with a smile she nuzzled her nose into the crook of his neck as he stood leaning over her.

"Mr. Dust, she quietly laughed, "you startled me... "

Even with those milling about the area, she did not want to extinguish her close quarters with the one man she had grown to love.

And since she had seen him again after all those lonely years, nGozomi was beginning to realize just how much she loved him.

Mr Dust
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:15:46 PM
He savors the feel of her nose against his neck, relishing the sensation. He then slips down beside her, joining her on the bench.

I have wonderful news, my love. My mission was successful. The Council has agreed to allow me to remove the Force blocks.

He waits a moment, smile wide, to see how she will react. Hopefully, the reaction will be a good one. It is necessary for this to happen before their upcoming bonding ritual. It would bond their souls together, making them as one. However, the process required both participants to have access to the Force. Thus the reason for his mission. His face takes on a slightly more serious cast as he continues.

However... there is one small catch.

hGozomi
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:41:04 PM
He'd never told her what exactly it was that he'd gone to the Council for, and hGozomi couldn't help the look of utter shock that passed over her features. His news was not expected in the least - she had expected their binding to be a simple marraige; even though such a thing seldom occured within the Guardian's society.

A hand went up to the base of her neck, and she was motionless - almost unable to move, even.

That he had gone to request her force abilities to be returned to her was a complete surprise, and the albino could only stare at him, white eyes radiating surprised joy.

Even if he said there was a catch.

"... a... catch... ?"

Mr Dust
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:44:17 PM
He takes her hands in his, attempting to reassure her.

Have no fear, darling. It not a major issue. It is merely something akin to... probation. When a Guardian's powers are returned to them, a "patron" of sorts must take responsibility for that person for a period of one year. During that time, should the healed Guardian knowingly commit evil with their powers, both will have their powers removed.

I am your patron. If you are willing... your powers may be returned to you, and we may Bond, as we were meant to...

hGozomi
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:46:33 PM
The news was so unexpected that she still had a hard time finding her voice, and with a slight tremor in her usually smooth voice, the albino sat back.

"... you... would be my patron... ?"

hGozomi honestly had no idea how tor espond to what he'd said, and therefore fell silent, the weight of what he'd done settling upon her.

"Thank you -

" - so much... "

Mr Dust
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:19:02 AM
He looks into her eyes, realizing that words cannot truly get the meaning across. Instead, he simply reaches out and embraces her, drawing her close to him. He holds her tight, simply offering himself to her as a source of strength and comfort. After a while, he gently releases her and leans back.

You are more than welcome. I... planned it as a sort of suprise. I know we could have simply been married, but... it just did not seem fitting. You are quite literally the other half of my soul. I could think of no more joyous event than to perform the Bonding with you.

Until recently, we were split assunder. I would like to be sure that such a thing never occurs again.

hGozomi
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:40:57 PM
With his embrace, she felt herself let go, no longer weighted down by the mental shackles that had chained her. She savored the feel of his arms around her, and as he pulled away, she felt a single tear travel from her eye down her cheek.

"This is so much more than I'd ever hoped for - I never even dreamed that you would accept me once more."

That he wished to perform the Bonding with her sent another wave of emotion through her body, and she couldn't help but close her eyes. She always wondered how it happened, what exactly transpired, but she'd never gotten the chance. Now though, now was different. Now she and Mr. Dust were once more together, and what was even better, he still wanted her.

"When... when is it... ?"

Mr Dust
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:55:13 PM
His hands still resting on hers, he speaks to her, gently.

My love... there was no need to accept you again. I never rejected you in the first place. Not for a single moment.

The Bonding Ceremony cannot occur until we remove the blocks to your Force power. Once that is done, I will be responsible for your actions for the following year. Have no fear... I do not wish to force you to end your association with the Lupines. But... if you use your powers to help them or anyone else in something evil, both of our powers will be forfeit. And I fear that actions such as hiding them from authorities that may be persuing them would fall into said category. Will you be able to do this?

hGozomi
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:07:35 PM
Only nodding, hGozomi took a deep breath, letting out slowly. Yes, she understood the ramifications of regaining her force powers, but she had inadvertantly distanced herself unbearably from the one she loved because of the Lupines. Now, she would not do that.

"I understand," she answered quietly, "And I'll do all as you wish."

It would be hard, yes, but she knew that she would be able to do it. A thought occured to her then, and she locked eyes with Mr. Dust.

"Will I at least be able to intercede on their behalf?"

Mr Dust
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:12:50 PM
He can tell that this decision is hard for her. She must decide between the man she loves and the ideals she holds most dear. There must be some way to make it easier for her.

I only want you to do this if you yourself wish to. I have no desire to compel you into anything. And I will still love you, no matter your decision.

When she locks eyes with him and begins to speak, he fears for what she might ask. However, when she says that she wishes merely to intercede on behalf of the Lupines, he lets out a relieved breath and smiles at her.

But of course! Such a thing would not only be allowed, it would be encouraged! The sole purpose of the Jedi is to promote peace. For you to do so would be wonderful!

hGozomi
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:36:16 PM
Offering only a shy smile, the albino closed her eyes, turning away slightly. She hadn't expected him to say yes, but as she continued to sit beside him, it seemed as though things were finally coming back together - finally becoming whole once more. Just like herself.

"Then I'll do that," she answered quietly.

A thought occured to her then, and she looked back up to him, her eyes searching his. "If the Bonding can't be performed until the nullification is reversed, then when is that going happen?"

Mr Dust
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:41:59 PM
He smiles and nods to her.

The reversal can be performed at any point. I have been authorized to do so. We merely need to pick a secluded area. I must concentrate to perform it.

hGozomi
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:36:55 PM
She nodded, rising to her feet.

"Is... is tonight good? I don't have much to offer in the form of accomodations, but my hotel room is quiet - and out of the way of much of Coruscant's congestion... "

Mr Dust
Nov 10th, 2003, 09:45:47 PM
He stands with her.

That would be perfect. In fact, I am very relieved that you have chosen so soon a time. I must admit... I was getting rather anxious. After so long, it is quite hard to be patient, you know. Lead on.

hGozomi
Nov 15th, 2003, 11:41:33 PM
She smiled at his words, unable to stifle a slight laugh as she turned - reaching out with her hand to take his as she began pulling him into the mass of pedestrians littering the walkway.

"Patience, Mr. Dust?" she grinned, "thats rather shocking - you'd always struck me as religiously patient."

Mr Dust
Nov 16th, 2003, 04:39:25 PM
Gladly letting himself be led, he follows. He cannot help but chuckle himself. With an overdramatic bow and tip of his hat, he responds.

Why madam, when you are involved, patience is quite definately not an option. Lead on, my dear, lead on.

hGozomi
Nov 20th, 2003, 10:05:38 PM
With a grin, the albino indeed led on, weaving her way through the crowds and pedestrians who were milling about. Her hand in his made her like she'd stepped back in time - back before she'd been exiled - before being sent away. Back to when the two had been nearly inseperable and almost never without the other.

She turned to look at him, offering him only a gaze that seemed to linger before once more swiveling her neck forwards to concentrate on navigating the crowds.

The higher she took him, up open-air lifts and out onto cossways, the mass of people had begun to thin, until only pockets of conversing groups remained. Her neck canted upwards as the traversed another crosswalk, her eyes taking in the hotel she'd rented a room in, and her pace minutely quickened - almost imperceptably.

She knew it was a peaceful area of the massive city planet, and was grateful - especially now.

Now; when what was soon to come would bring her so much closer to the man she loved.

imported_Akrabbim
Nov 20th, 2003, 10:36:50 PM
Mr. Dust is hardly aware of where he is. He has no concept of time or distance... his whole conciousness is taken up in thinking about the woman in front of him. He shifts back and forth between memories of what they once had and hopes for their future.

As they walk, he alternates between wishing the walk will never end and despairing that it is taking so long. On the one hand, he would be content to simply walk hand in hand with this woman forever. On the other, he cannot wait to remove the Force blocks and allow them to Bond, as he has dreamed for so long.

As they near her hotel, his heart begins beating much more quickly. To think... the one thing he has always hoped for may finally come true.

hGozomi
Nov 20th, 2003, 10:50:18 PM
As she led him through the lobby doors, the deskclerk looked up briefly, momentarily putting his reading on hold to watch the two enter. He gave a shrug, then went back to his previous occupation.

As hGozomi began down the hall that led to the lift which would take them to her floor, she couldn't help the excitement which was growing within her. To think! Once mre she and Mr. Dust were together - and soon, their bond would be such that could never be broken. It was something that she'd thought she lost forever. But now; now was her second chance at a life she'd once lost.

The doors to the glass-encased lift opened easily, as if it knew the sense of urgency that she felt. She pulled Dust in with her, then let a graceful fingertip graze the near-translucent touchpad, depressing a small portion that read 52.

And as the doors closed and it started up, offering a view of just a small bit of Coruscant's durasteel landscape, she took a small step back to lean against the wall of the lift, pulling her hand from his in the process to rest it on the small handrail.

The albino smiled.

Mr Dust
Nov 21st, 2003, 06:34:05 PM
The emotion is almost too much for Dust to bear. The reality of his situation is finally sinking in... he and Ice will be Bonded! He draws her close to him, her back to his chest. Wrapping his arms around her, he feels whole as he inhales her intoxicating scent.

The lift finally reaches the floor, and he follows his love as they head to her room. Once inside, he is able to regain his voice enough to tell her how to begin. After a deep, steadying breath, he begins.

Now... all you must do is relax, and we can begin the ceremony. I need you to lay prone in front of me and try to think of nothing. As the ceremony progresses, you will feel your powers returning. Try not to reach out for them until I tell you to, though. If you reach out too early, you could break my concentration.

At this last statement, she seems to stiffen, almost in fear. He smiles quickly, taking her hand in his own.

Have no fear... if my concentration is broken, it will merely delay the completion of the ceremony. You need not worry. After waiting so long to regain your presence, I will be more than careful not to cause you harm now.

hGozomi
Nov 22nd, 2003, 06:13:28 PM
Sitting on the edge of the bed, hGozomi looked up to him as he explained how everything would come to pass. His mention of what would happen if she tried to grasp at the powers she'd lost to early was a little unsettling, and she couldn't help but feel the muscles in her body tighten. At his reassurance though, the albino settled a bit more, reaching a hand up to scratch at an unseen itch on her neck.

The fingers that idly scratched the nape of her neck absently went down to the delicate amulet nestled against her chest and protected by her shirt, resting over it gently as she took in all that he said.

"How long will it take," she asked, looking up to him as he towered over her. It was strange, how he seemed to fill the room with his presence - with his aura. She remembered it from all the years before, how he'd always held himself in check but at the same time was able to extend himself into every bit of the room. She'd always loved that about him - felt protected by him. And now, years upon years later, he still had that quality about him. He certainly wasn't as young, and the lines within his face had deepened, but age agreed with him, and hGozomi felt that which drew her to him surge once more to life - possibly even moreso now.

And the look in her eyes said as much.

Mr Dust
Nov 22nd, 2003, 07:13:37 PM
He reaches out with his hand, touching her lovely face gently. He smiles at her, face full of love and adoration.

It will take about an hour, no more. Just relax... very soon, your powers will be returned to you... as will the life together that we both thought lost to us.

He puts one arm behind her shoulders and eases her back to the bed, stretching her out straight on the bed. He leans down and kisses her on the lips quickly. As he pulls his head away, he whispers, "I love you" into her ear.

Now relax, my love. Remember, try not to reach for your powers until I am done with the ceremony.

He places one hand on her forehead, another on her stomach. He closes his eyes and begins the ceremony. She can hear a slight hum coming from Dust. The hum is to help both of them relax, and it helps Dust concentrate more fully. He opens himself to the Force and begins pulling away the blocks in her mind.

hGozomi
Nov 23rd, 2003, 01:53:23 AM
She lay there, unmoving as Dust placed his hands on her - the were so gentle - she wished he would never remove them. But on the same token, she wished for the ceremony to be over so that the two could be together.

As the ceremony continued, it was as if someone was peeling away a layer of black cloth from her senses - pulling away a barrier that had been before her - blocking certain aspects of nature from her mind.

And slowly, ever so slowly, she felt it returning - felt the force as it began to once more run through her body...

Mr Dust
Nov 23rd, 2003, 03:36:07 PM
He continues concentrating, sliding back layer after layer. The time slips by for both of them, barely heeded by either. For her, the time moves quickly as the elation from regaining her powers distorts her sense of time. For him, his concentration puts him in almost a trance, so he is aware of nothing except the removal of the blocks.

She is doing well, not pulling the Force at all. As such, his concentation barely wavers throughout the ceremony. He would wonder at this, but he quickly realizes that patience should not be too terribly difficult for either of them. They have waited this long... an hour more is nothing.

Finally, he completes the ceremony.

We are done, beloved. You may reach for the Force at your leisure. As for myself, I... I need to... to...

Suddenly, as if a marionette cut from its strings, Dust collapses onto the bed next to Ice. The ceremony takes a great deal out of the person perrforming it. When the ceremony is performed to block a Force user's power, the person losing their abilities provides the energy for the blocks, thus explaining why so many lose conciousness. In this case, however, the reverse is true.

hGozomi
Nov 23rd, 2003, 03:47:30 PM
It was over almost as soon as he started, or at least thats how it felt, and hGozomi couldn't help but feel a slight start as he told her she could now reach out to touch the Force. In her mind, she didn't have to - she could feel it coursing through her body once more. It was exquisite, and she let herself simply lay in a somewhat daze, letting it cover her in its entirety.

But then, like a dream shattering, she watched as Mr. Dust falls to the bed - it was as if time slowed down for her, as she watched his tall form collapse before her, and in a blur of motion she had rolled away to come to her knees.

She had no way of knowing that it was normal for such a thing to happen with a ceremony such as this, and because of that lack of knowledge she felt a sense of dread fill her. In near panic, she bent over him, reaching gentle yet trembling arms out to pull him closer.

With an arm around the back of his neck, she bent over his prone form, resting his head in her lap as a strand of white hair fell into his closed eyes.

"... Dustanthis... "

Mr Dust
Nov 23rd, 2003, 03:54:28 PM
Dust is just falling into a deep, restful sleep when he hears his true name. That alone stirs him from his slumber. He opens one eye to see Ms. Ice above him. He would close his eyes and return to the much needed rest if not for the extreme look of concern on her face. Mustering all the strength he has remaining, he explains as best he can.

I'm... fine... Just need... rest... much rest...

His words trail away on the last word as he slips back into the night, relieved that his love is once more free of her blocks.

hGozomi
Nov 23rd, 2003, 04:08:10 PM
With a barely perceptable nod, the albino let him slip away once more into blissful sleep. She didn't want to impede his recovery in any way, and pulling away, she looked down at him. Sliding frrom the bed, she bent over him, slim finger unclasping the button of his overcoat before pulling the cover of the bed down. It was no small task pulling them out from beneath him, but she succeeded without too much trouble and, leaving hi shirt and trousers on, began pulling him upwards so that his head rested upon the pillow... and drawing the sheets over his body, made sure he was as comfortable as she could manage. His weight, though he was rather gaunt, was still more that she had expected, but the albino was able to manage without too much trouble.

Straightening up, she looked down to him before bending over to graze her lips lightly across his before retreating from the room to let him rest in silence.

She herself had a few things that needed to be done - one of which was prepare a late lunch, and gathering her credit clip from the dresser, the albino slipped noiselessly from the room, closing the door behind her to leave Mr. Dust to recover.

Mr Dust
Nov 24th, 2003, 10:27:01 PM
He comes to some hours later. His first thought is to reach out toward Ice. He realizes with a start that she is not there. He fears that she has tricked him, used him just to get her powers back... but no, that is not possible. A person could lie, yes. But the look in her eyes, the tremble in her voice... that could not be faked. Not to Dust.

His fear past him, he lays back down to relax, calming himself and waiting for her return.

hGozomi
Nov 24th, 2003, 10:48:30 PM
She'd been gone longer than she thought she would, and hGozomi couldn't help but give out a sigh as she opened the door, a few small bags clutched in one hand and a small package in the other.

Noiselessly placing her clip and keycard on the side table, the albino headed for the kitchen, her footfalls silent as she passed by the closed doors to the bedroom.

She didn't know if Mr. Dust was still asleep, but regardless, she didn't want to disturb him if he was.

Mr Dust
Nov 24th, 2003, 10:58:07 PM
He had been trying to sleep, but the excitement of bonding with Ice, along with the anxiety about where she could be simply prevented him from doing so. After what seems like ages, he hears the door open. He is about to get up to recieve her, when he decides to be a bit more devious. Since she didn't tell him where she was going, he figured he might as well not let her know he's awake.

Slipping quietly from the bed, he moves along to the door and listens closely. He can hear some rustling, as well as cabinets opening and closing quietly. Turning ethereal, he peeks through the door to see where she is.

She has his back to him, engrossed in putting up the groceries. Slipping through the door, he sneaks up behind her, preparing to startle her as he did in the garden. However, a much better idea suddenly comes to mind. Shifting back into the physical plane, he grabs her quickly and dips her backward, holding her up with his arms alone. Before she can recover from the suprise, he kisses her quite passionately on the lips. When he stops, he looks down at her with mock seriousness (and an irrepressible smile).

Now, madam. Where have you been all day? I've been worried sick! Why, a rancor could have come in and throttled me in my sleep!

hGozomi
Nov 24th, 2003, 11:06:38 PM
Thoroughly engrossed in her tasks of placing the food she'd bought away, hGozomi was completely focused on her job at hand.

The surprise of his appearence coupled with his taking her in an embrace before kissing her was a little startling, but the albino managed to not jump too much. With his kiss brought a new inflow of emotions, and through her renewed sensitivity to the force, she felt herself become lost in the kiss. It was something she never wanted to end - even his arms around her, holding her up, she never wanted to leave.

As it was, she looked at him, eyes wide in shock at being snuck up on. Again. In the same day.

"... um... getting, food?"

Mr Dust
Nov 24th, 2003, 11:14:31 PM
He smiles widely, eyes twinkling with sincere joy. Just holding her like this is indescribable. He just holds her for a moment, looking into her eyes, before raising her back to her feet.

Very well... I suppose that will be acceptable.

He sombers a bit at his next comment.

I am sorry... I was merely anxious for your return, my love.

Once more he pauses, caught in her eyes... her perfect, beautiful eyes. He could stare at her all day and all night... but of course, he would never be able to get a good meal that way. Breaking himself from staring at her, he becomes jovial once more.

Now... what's for dinner?

hGozomi
Nov 25th, 2003, 10:26:03 PM
"Chicken and waffles," came the simple answer as she turned her back to him - albeit just a tad cautious incase he were to do something else.

"And if you don't like either," she went on, a stern tone to her voice, "then theres a menu for Bothan delivery over on the counter."

That's for sneaking up on me twice in one day, was the ruefall thought as she went about preparing dinner.

Mr Dust
Nov 25th, 2003, 11:20:10 PM
Hoping he has not offended her, he takes her hand once more. Pulling her away from her preparations, he makes sure he has her full attention before continuing. Once he does, he speaks.

My dear... it matters little to me what you prepare. Just being in your presence is more than enough.

Raising her hand to his lips, he kisses her hand for a moment before looking her directly in the eyes once more.

Now... how may I help you, my love?

hGozomi
Nov 25th, 2003, 11:33:31 PM
The sincerity in his gaze was someething she never thought she'd see again, and the albino smiled at him.

"Easy," she grinned, pulling away to pull a box of frozen waffles from one bag -

"You put these in the toaster,"

- and a box of frozen fried chicken from the second bag...

"And I'll put these in the oven."

And with a sheepish smile, she shrugged. She knew her eating habits had always been a little... eccentric, to say it nicely.

Mr Dust
Nov 26th, 2003, 12:06:03 AM
He bows deeply, flourishing with his hat.

Your wish is my command, dear lady.

He moves to the toaster and turns to watch as she continues the preparation.

Out of curiousity, how does one eat chicken and waffles combined? I must say, I have never had the pleasure of eating such a dish...

hGozomi
Dec 1st, 2003, 09:58:16 PM
With an odd stare, she let a white eyebrow rise. "Well, you take a plate, then a fork and a knife, and some syrup - pour the syrup on the waffles, and then its up to you where you go from there. It's pretty easy, actually."

The beginnings of a smirk had found its way to her lips, and hiding it, she once more turned her back to him, turning the oven on before reaching out for the box of chicken.

Mr Dust
Dec 2nd, 2003, 10:50:36 PM
Just as she begins to reach for the box of chicken, Dust steps up behind her close. He reaches his hand out as well, laying it atop hers. He then, ever so gently, kisses her neck.

Quite interesting indeed, my dear... quite...

hGozomi
Dec 2nd, 2003, 11:32:59 PM
The smirk turned into a grin, and the albino leaned her head back into his shoulder joint - seeing as her height only allowed for so much. She pulled in a breath as his lips grazed her neck, and her free hand went up to rest on his other shoulder.

"Maybe Bothan would be a better idea," she started, her voice low, "... no actual cooking involved... "

Mr Dust
Dec 3rd, 2003, 10:14:13 PM
Mr. Dust sees her smile grow wider. He slips one hand slowly around her waist, while the other slides up under her chin. He whispers in her ear, lips so close that they brush over her ear.

Indeed... perhaps that would be best. Perhaps it would...

He trails off as he speaks, beginning to kiss her ear down to her neck, and on down to her shoulder.

hGozomi
Dec 4th, 2003, 04:52:25 PM
It was a feeling of unbelieving on her part - that she could once more have a second chance at being content and happy. In some ways she oftentimes thought it was a dream, but everytime she saw him or felt his touch, she was reminded that no, this was no dream. It was indeed very real.

Her hand, which had been on his shoulder moved upwards, and delicate finger grasped the brim of his hat, pulling it from his head slowly to set it on the counter, and craning her neck back, she nestled into the crook of his neck.

"Starved for attention... ?" she mumbled quietly.

Mr Dust
Dec 5th, 2003, 09:03:53 PM
He smiles to his love while still kissing her on the neck. He pauses momentarily.

I have been too long without the nourishment of your attention, my lady. Indeed, I have been starved.

He quickly spins her around, and before she can even regain her bearings, kisses her full on the lips. After several moments of kissing, he abruptly stops. He gives her a smirk with a gleam of mischef in his eye.

Now... we were cooking, were we not?

hGozomi
Dec 7th, 2003, 06:14:38 PM
"No," she answered with a smirk, "we were getting ready to order out. Cooking takes too much time and effort."

Her face became serious then, and the albino pulled away from him with a touch of concern in her eyes. It wasn't that she didn't want to be near him - she did; more than anything else - it was just that she knew how strict some of the Guardian's laws could be, and she didn't want to overstep any bounds or put the relationship she thought she'd lost in any danger of becoming null.

"... I don't want to seem overly anxious in anyway - nor do I want to push you; I hardly doubt I could in any event. I just don't want to spoil what's been regained."

Mr Dust
Dec 7th, 2003, 06:18:37 PM
He smiles, touched at her concern for him and her consideration for his standards. He reaches out and takes her face in his hand gently.

Never fear, my love. I had no plans to continue past this point. But you are correct, ordering out it is... and while we wait... why not plan our Bonding?

The smile that touches his face is large and sincere. He cannot wait for the event himself, and hopes that she will want to have the ceremony soon.

hGozomi
Dec 7th, 2003, 07:01:13 PM
She'd never really known what went on to signify a Bonding, and a part of her was just a little nervous - the other part was desperate to find out. The ceremony itself was mystefying to her - in her time around the Lupines, only a few times had she been knowledgeable of them taking a mate for life - usually they did as they wanted and slept with whoever they felt like sleeping with.

To be forever joined with someone both physically and mentally was something she had never thought would happen to her. Not after being exiled, at least.

"Our Bonding... ?" She leaned back against the counter. "Well, I don't really know - you would know more than I would on the subject."

Mr Dust
Dec 7th, 2003, 10:18:34 PM
A Bonding merely requires ourselves and a facilitator. I would suggest we invite guests, but I feel my Guardian friends and your Lupine compatriots would not work well together. The facilitator is there to help us focus. Using the Force, we would begin to Bond... first our minds, then our spirits would become one. After the Bonding ceremony, then our bodies would also... well... we would then... it would then be time to... well... I think you understand.

He blushes fiercely as he gets more and more muddled at this rather embarassing topic. He had no doubt that he'd be able to consummate their love when the time came. However, having to explain it to the beautiful woman across from him is a bit daunting. He presses on to move past the subject.

Ah... well... yes... as I was saying, the only thing we truly need is a facilitator, and I know where one could be found. Do you have any questions?

hGozomi
Dec 8th, 2003, 09:47:41 PM
The sight of him blushing at the mention of anything sexual in any way brought forth a smile to her face, and hGozomi couldn't help the laugh that escaped her lips.

"You're not nervous about bringing up "bedroom habits" are you?"

Her smile turned just a tad devious. "You don't snore horribly, do you?"

Mr Dust
Dec 8th, 2003, 10:07:11 PM
He blushes an even deeper crimson when she mentions "bedroom habits" and can barely utter a response. He is still stammering when she makes a comment about snoring. Fortunately, the joke does ease him up a bit. He takes on an air of mock indignance.

Why, madam! I assure you that I do no such thing! I'll have you know that in all my years, I have never waked a single person who was sleeping in my bed with me! The fact that no one has ever shared a bed with me if of no consequence whatsoever.

hGozomi
Dec 8th, 2003, 11:06:34 PM
She gave him a coy grin. "Mm hmm. I'm sure.

"I trust I won't be approached by a former mistress warning about how badly you toss in your sleep or any such thing.

"I do enjoy a certain amount of peacefulness while sleeping, you know."

And just to play a little more, the albino leaned forward, taking a step to bring her body closer to him. "Besides. It's rather fun to see you blush - I doubt in the years to come I'll ever see you do that unless I refer to your... abilities... in public."

Mr Dust
Dec 8th, 2003, 11:11:20 PM
Mr. Dust gasps audibly... even the thought of such a thing is truly mortifying to the gaunt man. He can barely get a word out...

Why... madam... such a thing would be truly horrible... I don't think I could stand...

He pauses as a thought comes to him. His mouth slowly curls into a mischevious grin. He leans in as if to whisper to her, but instead begins kissing her ear as before, and her neck. Once he ellicits a small gasp from the woman, he pulls back and whispers in her ear.

Beware sharing news of my... 'talents'... too freely. Otherwise, you may find that you suddenly have nothing to talk about at all...

hGozomi
Dec 8th, 2003, 11:18:06 PM
"On the contrary," was the answer she gave him, pulling away, "If you're as good as you think you are, then I will have everything to "brag" about."

And with that same coy smile, she reached around him, her movements slow and methodical, to pull the takeout menu from the island countertop behind Dust.

"Now. What are you in the mood for... ?"

Mr Dust
Dec 8th, 2003, 11:20:37 PM
Dust is willing to let the playful tit-for-tat drop for the time. He slides next to her, slipping one arm around her waist as they peruse the menu. He leans toward her ear.

Frankly, my darling, I'm in the mood for you. But, seeing as we have not yet Bonded, I fear that must wait. I will eat anything you wish... I must admit, I am a bit famished. The ceremony earlier does take it out of a man.

hGozomi
Dec 8th, 2003, 11:30:42 PM
She could have said something - something to make him blush quite fiercely, she believed. In fact...

Reaching for the comm unit laying on the counter, she began punching in the number code while idly looking over her shoulder to him - the proximity of his face causing their foreheads to touch.

"Dear Sir," she started, her tone of voice deadly serious, "are you sure you would be willing to commit to such a Bond if a ceremony like that drained you? I assure you I'm much more... intense."

Mr Dust
Dec 8th, 2003, 11:34:03 PM
He smiles at her comment, doing his best not to think of all the implications of her comment.

The reason I was drained is because THAT ceremony requires MY strength to perform it. In a Bonding, we draw strength from each other. I assure you, when the time comes, I will definately be able to rise to the occasion.

Now... let her think on HIS last comment.

hGozomi
Dec 9th, 2003, 11:20:36 PM
"Is that so?"

The albino only offered a raised eyebrow before she turned her back to him a little as a voice come on at the other end of the line. A few minutes was all she needed to place the order, and with a slight smile, hGozomi turned the comm off, placing it back on the counter.

"Mr. Dust," she started then, "what in the world would your fellow Guardians think of you making such a comment... ?"

Mr Dust
Dec 9th, 2003, 11:31:55 PM
He smiles widely at her little jest. He blushes a bit, but not too much. He steps in close... very close. He does not touch her, but he is in such close proximity that she can almost feel him anyway. His breath is noticable on her face.

They would say not a thing. Such talk is common among those ready to be Bonded. In fact, I am still being rather reserved...

hGozomi
Dec 21st, 2003, 01:17:24 AM
The albino shook her head, stepping away from Dust and making her way to the living room. "How many Guardians do you know that are Bonded?" she asked, genuine curiosity in her voice.

She herself had not been in the presence of a Guardian since being exiled, and she wanted to know what her people were like after being Bonded - it'd always seemed like an unattainable wish on her part, and now that it was soon to happen for her, hGozomi couldn't help but wonder what it was like.

Mr Dust
Dec 21st, 2003, 01:27:59 AM
He acts as if he is about to speak, but stops. He must think for a moment. It is very hard to explain. He had seen them before, and their behavior was usually very hard to explain. When he asked a few of them what it was like, they would merely smile and shake their heads.

I have known several. They are the same... yet... not the same. When by themselves, which is rare, they act exactly as one would expect. However, you can see a slight change... a difference in the eyes. They have a far-off look, as if they are seeing something not there... or at least, not within normal range of sight. And they seem to keep looking in one direction or another. It is not a specific direction, such as always over their left shoulder, but it is always one direction. It is if they hear something, somewhere... but no one else can hear it.

He pauses to think once more, then continues.

When they are together, it is even more odd. They are a bit stand-offish, which is understandable. They are not rude, merely more absorbed with each other than with others. This is not terribly odd... most lovers act in such a way. The truly odd thing is that they barely ever speak. They merely look at each other... but if not for their lips never moving, one would be certain that they were having an intimate conversation. Strangest of all, if one of them hurts themselves in some way, such as a prick of the finger or stubbing a toe, the other winces in pain. Not to the same degree, it seems, but they seem to almost feel each other's pain.

He looks toward Ice, gauging her reaction.

Do you understand what I am trying to convey? And, more importantly, do you see what a Bond truly entails? When one member of a Bonded pair passes away, the other usually follows soon after. It is almost never a suicide... that is unheard of. Instead, it follows one of two paths. The remaining member either wastes away, or dies avenging their mate. Do you see the import of such a commitment?

hGozomi
Dec 21st, 2003, 01:42:45 AM
She'd lowered her slight bulk down to the couch as he spoke, taking in every word he said with deep interest. His explanation made sense, and she found it fascinating - the behavior he described. To be linked with another person so solidly and deeply was beyond definition in her mind; it was simply unable to accurately describe. And as he continued, she found herself becoming drawn in just by the lilt of his voice and the inflections it held. The way he spoke of Bonded Guardians seemed to indicate that he himself had wished desperately over the years to be Bonded as well. And momentarily, she felt a brief influx of sorrow - sorrow at having caused him the pain she had.

She was utterly silent though, not saying a word as Mr. Dust went on, and it was at his last words that she felt slightly nervous at was he was saying.

Just the thought of having to go on living without someone who you'd been so firmly attached to that after their death, living was an impossibility - the thought started to generate a small feeling of fear within her chest, and she looked up at him, her eyes soft and almost pleading.

"I don't want you to die... "

Mr Dust
Dec 21st, 2003, 02:01:00 AM
He sees the look in her eyes and understands what she's feeling. The one thing he has always feared about the Bonding process is losing the other. He quickly sits next to her and draws her close to him. He places one hand on her face and turns her eyes toward him.

Shhh... my love... have no fear. I spoke without thinking. The condition I referred to is rare... very rare. It only occurs when one of the Bonded dies by accident or murder. When a Bonded person dies of old age, his mate inevitably dies at the same time. No one is sure why... but it is known that Bonded Guardians not only breathe in unison, but their hearts beat as one. And, if it is of any consolation, I was with one Guardian who lost his mate to an attack by Lupines. Because of his Bond, he was compelled to avenge her death or die trying. I must say, I have never seen a guardian fight in battle as did this man. He was afraid of nothing... as if all he desired was to be with his mate in death. He avenged her, but his wounds were so great he did not live much longer. I was with him as he passed. I could not help but ask him why... and I will remember his answer until the day I die. He said, "My heart died with her, and now I go to join her. Do not grieve for me... because of her, my life is complete. Even had we been together for only a day, it would have been worth it all..."

He pulls her tighter to him, kissing her gently on the forehead.

I, too, fear the Bonding. I fear what would happen to lose you. I have waited for so long to find you once more, and already it seems that my heart would burst to lose you again. I shudder to think what it be like to lose you after the Bonding.

He looks into her eyes once more, tears collecting at the corners of his eyes.

But I can say that a day Bonded to you is worth the rest of my life apart from you. I am willing to risk it... all of it... for that one chance.

hGozomi
Dec 21st, 2003, 04:03:28 PM
There was really nothing she could think of to say, and so she let herself be pulled closer to him, taking shelter in the comfort his presence provided. With her head against the crook of his shoulder, she gingerly reached ou in the force, absorbing everything around her - tentative. It'd been so long since she had access to her powers, that it was like learning to walk again.

Gently, with just a little trepidation, she touched Dust with her mind - carefully letting her thoughts wash over him. It was strange, how she seemed to just realize that she felt safe with him, and the albino wanted nothing more than to simply sit and be held. Right now, there was nothing that needed to be done except to wait for the food, and so she settled herself comfortable with his arms, reaching out to him with her thoughts and feelings.

Mr Dust
Dec 21st, 2003, 05:04:27 PM
Dust can feel as she reaches out to him with the Force. He reaches back willingly, longing to connect with her in this much more intimate fashion. They have not been able to do so since before her powers were stripped away. Now that they have returned, they can once again commune as they were meant to.

He takes her legs and throws them across his lap, pulling her to him even closer. Leaning down, he places his lips on hers, gently. With their Force connection, this simple kiss is now far more than what it once was. He releases the kiss and enjoys the simple holding of her body and the closeness they share.

hGozomi
Dec 21st, 2003, 08:43:27 PM
It was a sensation she'd not experienced ever before, and the albino almost melted in his lap. She'd closed her eyes as he leaned in, kissing her, and even as he pulled back they remained shut - she didn't want the feeling to end, and she seemed to fall into it, reaching out more with the Force. She could almost literally see with her mind's eye the raw emotion he held within him, and it comforted her to know that it was directed at her. Never would she have ever thought that he would still wish to be with her, but now - sitting in his lap and in possession of her powers once again, hGozomi knew it was true.

She opened her eyes then, sending a ghost white gaze up to Dust, the feel of his lips on hers and the emotion that had been shared between the two almost overwhelming.

"... I never knew... "

Mr Dust
Dec 21st, 2003, 10:45:21 PM
The new bond between them is indeed intense... he had longed for it all this time. He smiles at her words.

Now you do... and when we Bond, we will be connected like this at all times. Indeed... the connection will be even deeper. So, even the smallest touch or simplest kiss will be even more wonderful than this...

He leans down, ready to kiss her once more, when suddenly the door chime announces that their food has arrived. He leans up, quite annoyed.

Of all the terrible timing... no matter... the faster we eat, the faster we can continue with arrangements for the Bonding. Shall we?

hGozomi
Dec 21st, 2003, 10:57:30 PM
The albino extricated herself from his hold, standing and making her way to the counter where she'd set her credit clip. At least the food had arrived in a decent amount of time - albeit the arrival of the delivery boy was a little frustrating - hGozomi had not wanted to leave Mr. Dust's lap any time soon.

Heading for the door, she counted out the necessary amount needed for their food before reaching a hand out, grasping the knob and opening it.

Nzambi
Dec 21st, 2003, 11:01:36 PM
She'd come back to talk with the albino - after the disastrous confrontation with Mr. Flux, the Lupine had to return to the woman who'd helped her from the fight before the entanglement with Flux. She'd somewhat grown fond of the other woman, and had rather enjoyed her company in the short time the two had talked togehter.

And so, as the door opened, Nzambi lifted her downcast eyes to look at the albino's surprised face.

"Hello, Albino."

Mr Dust
Dec 22nd, 2003, 12:10:40 AM
Mr. Dust rises to follow Ice, checking to see what is taking her so long.

Ms. Ice? Is there a prob...

He pauses when he sees the woman at the door. He bows and tips his hat.

Hello there. Ice, dear... would you mind introducing me?

hGozomi
Dec 28th, 2003, 12:26:38 AM
The shock in her features was easily evident, and the albino took a slight step back, accidentally bumping into Mr. Dust. She hadn't expected the Lupine to once more show her face - not after the fight with Mr. Flux. With a nervous glance over her shoulder to Dust, hGozomi once again turned her eyes to the woman standing before her.

"... Uh... N-Nzambi... I didn't expect you to be here... "

Her breathing quickened, and the albino took a swift step forward, stepping out into the hall before Dust could stop her, and shoving the Lupine back a little, she closed thee door behind her, hoping that her beloved wouldn't follow.

Nzambi
Dec 28th, 2003, 12:26:45 AM
The albino's reaction was unexpected - as well as seeing another Guardian with her... a Guardian who seemed to be very close to her. The Lupine's eyes narrowed, and she let out a hissing breath to show her displeasure as hGozomi pushed her back, closing the door and cutting the two women off from the Guardian.

"And I didn't expect to see you so close with one of your people - the very people I might add, who exiled you, no less."

Mr Dust
Dec 28th, 2003, 12:41:57 AM
He can hear the two women talking behind the door. Though it is a bit rude, he realizes that he must rectify the situation quickly. Ice seems more than a bit agitated... he must be sure that she is not afraid of him. He listens to what they are saying for a moment before opening the door to join them.

We only exiled her for leading two of our member to their deaths. In other cultures, she would have been executed. And, I'll have you know, she has been reaccepted. Do not be so quick to judge our laws. They are more than fairly tempered with mercy. Now, if you will excuse me for a moment...

Dust takes Ice gently by the arm and leads her away. He leans in close and speaks so that only she can hear.

You have nothing to hide from me, beloved. I know of your past associations with Lupines. There is no need to hide it from me now. I have even made an aquantance with a Lupine. As Guardians, we are not forbidden from speaking with them. We are only forbidden from helping them in evil. You have nothing to fear.

He takes her in his arms, holding her close.

I love you, dearest Izcelion. Never fear me, I beg you...

hGozomi
Dec 28th, 2003, 12:56:21 AM
Dust's appearance was a little startling, and the albino couldn't help but jump a little as he started speaking. Even as he spoke, she cast ghost-white eyes to the Lupine in the hopes that the other woman wouldn't attack Dust just for the sole purpose that he was Flux's younger brother.

And as he pulled her to the side, drawing her close, she sucked in a breath.

"It's not that," she started, looking back to Nzambi, "It's just... "

Nzambi
Dec 28th, 2003, 12:56:30 AM
Her nostrils flared. He smelled like Flux - well, almost... a relative more than likely. And by the similarities in the two men's scents, he had to be a brother. It took all her willlpower to stand perfectly still - to not exact a sense of vengeance on the brother of the man that had dropped her from the roof of a building. She almost snapped. Almost. But, something held her back - perhaps it was her fledgling devotion to the albino. Who knew. Either way, Nzambi stood where she was as the Guardian pulled the other woman aside before holding her close.

And when the albino spoke, Nzambi couldn't help but finish her sentence for her.

" - One of your kind dropped me from the roof of this building not a week ago - you might know him - a Mr. Flux... "

Mr Dust
Dec 28th, 2003, 01:02:15 AM
He turns to regard the Lupine, and bows, tipping his hat to her.

I'm terribly sorry for that, madam. I'm sure you did not provoke him in any way, now did you? And of course, he could have burned you with a saber or attacked you with silver or cortosis, and the wounds would not have healed, instead of dropping you from a building.

And yes, I do my older brother quite well. From what I know of him, he is a fine, upstanding Guardian. Do you truly mean to insinuate that you were attacked without provocation?

hGozomi
Dec 28th, 2003, 01:20:33 AM
hGozomi bit her lip. She did not want a repeat of what happened with Flux, and it was easily evident in her eyes - which now had an edge to them.

"The fight is in the past now," she said, sending a hard gaze to the Lupine, "there is no reason to bring it up again."

Nzambi
Dec 28th, 2003, 01:20:53 AM
Nzambi snorted. So she was right. He was Flux's brother. It would have been nice to tear him apart - but it seemed as though the albino held some sort of attachment to the man, so she stayed where she was.

"What does it matter who started the fight - I still got tossed from a roof. I don't rightly appreciate that.

"But," she went on, her hands at her sides, "the albino seems to like you, so I won't do anything to you."

Mr Dust
Dec 28th, 2003, 01:28:17 AM
The anger and aggression in the Lupine's demeanor is more than obvious. He gently places Ice behind him, in order to protect her if the Lupine attacks. He is aware that Ms. Ice is more than likely not a target, but he would still rather her not be harmed.

It does indeed matter. You would fault a person for defending themselves? It sounds as if you are simply a sore loser.

He is about to reach for his saber at her threat, but he thinks back to his fight with s'Ilancy, and chooses the wiser course. He moves his hand away, and instead removes his hat for a low bow.

I assure you, madam, I can more than defend myself. However, I have no quarrel with you. If you do not attack me, I will in no way attack you.

He rises once more and replaces his hat.

Now... as to your business here? How might I help you?

Nzambi
Jan 9th, 2004, 10:03:49 PM
The Lupine said nothing for moment, her eyes shifting from Dust to Ice and then back to Dust.

"My business doesn't involve you," she started coldly, A slender fingertip pointed at hGozomi as she stood behind the Guardian. "It involves her."

hGozomi
Jan 9th, 2004, 10:06:33 PM
The albino knew that Nzambi would do nothing to her - she'd given her word, in fact; but she also knew that Mr. Dust didn't know this all too important fact.

She moved then, starting to come back from behind him as smoothly and noiselessly as possible.

Mr Dust
Jan 9th, 2004, 10:11:10 PM
Dust places his hand on Ice's arm to keep her behind him. He does not foreably hold her back... his grip is more than gentle. He is merely trying to get her to wait a moment before proceeding.

I am sorry, but any business involving her involves me. I have no doubts that she is capable of handling herself, no do I feel that she needs my protection. But I cannot stand idly by if I feel she may be harmed. I ask again, and I mean this as politely as I am able, what is your business with her?

Nzambi
Jan 9th, 2004, 10:17:28 PM
The look in her eyes would have cut durasteel, and as she fixed her gaze to Dust's eyes, Nzambi lowered her hand and clenched her fists. She had no plans on attacking him, but at the same time he was interfering in a matter that she felt important and private. And besides - the Lupine had a feeling that he would not particularly like what she wanted with the albino.

"Now why would I hurt her?? She has saved my life more than once - I would be a fool to do anything that would harm her. Or do you think that all Lupines are simply stupid animals... ?"

Mr Dust
Jan 9th, 2004, 10:27:43 PM
The woman's rising anger may soon get out of control. Dust has no desire to attack this woman, or start any form of trouble, for that matter. He must do something to help the situation. He bows and tips his hat once more.

Madam, of course I think no such thing. If I did, why would I be conversing with you? If you are not here to harm her, then why are you here? I am sorry for my insistance, but I would like to know what you have in mind for my betrothed. He turns to regard Ice. Unless, of course, you would rather I not know...

Nzambi
Jan 9th, 2004, 10:43:35 PM
Her tongue getting the better of her, Nzambi let out a snort. It was obvious the man wouldn't let the matter go, even if the albino wished him to not know. Therefore, she relented.

"Schwartzweld. I want to take her there."

Mr Dust
Jan 9th, 2004, 10:46:18 PM
Even the reserved Mr. Dust cannot hide his suprise at the comment.

To... Schwartzweld? The homeworld of the Lupines? But... why?

hGozomi
Jan 9th, 2004, 10:50:08 PM
Schwartzweld? she wants to take me there?

The news is a little surprising to hGozomi herself, but it was more of the beginnings of an excited surprise. To think! Nzambi wished to take her to the Lupine's home!

Her ghostly eyes were wide and the shock was evident in her next whispered word. "Schwartzweld... ?"

Nzambi
Jan 9th, 2004, 10:53:34 PM
Her words had had the desired effect, regardless of whether she realized it or not, and the Lupine gave the Guardian a thin smile.

"I wish for her to see the Baron," was her simple reply, her own eyes revealing nothing to Dust.

Yes, she had ulterior motives for taking the albino to Schwartzweld, but those were hers and hers alone - to be discussed on the journey to the Lupine's homeworld.

Mr Dust
Jan 9th, 2004, 10:56:31 PM
Mr. Dust is simply speechless. He starts to ask Ms. Ice if she had ever been there, but the astonished look on her face lets him know that she has not. After several moments to regain his voice, he turns back to his love.

Are you... do... do you want go there?

hGozomi
Jan 9th, 2004, 11:03:58 PM
"I... " This request was so sudden and unexpected, that hGozomi could only get out a few stammered words.

"... well, um, it would be a different experience - I mean, I've always been curious what it was like, but I've never been there; just heard about it from offhand remarks... "

Nzambi
Jan 9th, 2004, 11:06:13 PM
The thin smile remained. There were things Nzambi wanted to show the albino, and the best way to do that would be to take her to the source of the Lupines - to their home. And the Baron. In her mind, the Lupine knew that a meeting between this woman and Baron Marco Van Derveld would be one not soon forgotten - in her eyes as least.

"I have arranged a transport already - a fellow Lupine will be taking us."

Mr Dust
Jan 9th, 2004, 11:12:01 PM
His eyes widen even more as he realizes that Ice is seriously considering the proposal. He nods, but asks a question...

Ice... if this is what you wish, you know that I will not stop you. But I fear for your safety. I... humbly request that if you go, you allow me to join you.

hGozomi
Jan 9th, 2004, 11:16:28 PM
The more she thought about it, the more she wanted to go. That Dust wished to go with her as well was a little bit unexpected, and she cast a gaze past him to the Lupine, as if asking permission.

A simple nod greeted her - though it was easy to see that Nzambi hadn't exactly expected him to want to come along.

"Ok," she said, her voice low.

Nzambi
Jan 9th, 2004, 11:17:58 PM
The thin smile transformed into a smirk of sorts, and even though she hadn't counted on Mr. Dust coming along, she could see no harm in the matter - after all, what could one lone Guardian do on the homeplanet of the Lupines?

Mr Dust
Jan 9th, 2004, 11:20:12 PM
With a relieved smile, Dust embraces Ice, and then turns to the Lupine.

I will be ready to leave shortly. I have one request of you, as well. Might I bring an associate of mine with me? I assure you, he will not be a Guardian.

Nzambi
Jan 9th, 2004, 11:26:37 PM
She stood a little straighter, knowing that it would be best to leave before the two changed their minds.

"If you feel the need, then yes."

And with that, the Lupine turned on her heel, heading back the way she'd come. And as she rounded the corner, passed by a slightly flustered delivery boy - after all, it wasn't his fault he got lost; he hardly ever had deliveries in this district.