PDA

View Full Version : How do you think Senter/Queen will die in this one?

ADarksideJedi
Nov 5th, 2003, 05:48:25 PM
:wings :wave :headbash :ghost Sorry if this sounds like a stupid qustion I was just wondering what yu guys think abot it?I think since Leia had said in the sixth movie that when she remembered her mom she said she was yuong and pretty and sad. Anyon wonder abot this?Any suggustions?JM

JMK
Nov 6th, 2003, 09:09:11 AM
Rumor is Anakin gets angry at her, force chokes her, throws her and she dies from the injuries after giving birth to the twins. But that does leave the plot hole pf why Leia remembers her. According to the info, Leia was about 5 minutes old when Padme dies. I'll be damned if a child, no matter how strong in the force can remember things from when they were 5 minutes old.

Remember if you're going to talk about this, to use the spoiler tags so only those who want to read it can read it.

darth_mcbain
Nov 6th, 2003, 09:31:10 AM
I heard a rumor (can't remember where) that Leia doesn't actually remember her mother, but she remembers another woman that she thought was her mother. Could it possibly be one of the handmaidens that cares for Leia after Padme dies?

JMK
Nov 6th, 2003, 10:58:14 AM
That must be who Leia remembers. A handmaiden would be all the things Leia says (beautiful, kind, but sad). But I find that a bit of a cop-out. To me, that just craps all over the whole 'decoy/handmaiden' premise. To me, it's almost as if Lucas created them because he knew of the eventual plot hole he would have to cover up for in RotJ. Where's Bail Organa's decoys? Why does a Queen/Senator from a peaceful, weaponless world like Naboo need such things as decoys? Handmaidens to aid her. Sure, I get that. I think the rest is a little bit much.
But what's done is done, and if this Episode 3 rumor is true, then it's very possible that Leia is remembering a handmaiden, and not Padme. But this brings up another problem: She dies when she was very young. What could be so wrong with a handmaiden that she would die at such a young age?

Ryla Relvinian
Nov 6th, 2003, 11:18:03 AM
Well, from the other two movies, it's clear that she needs handmaidens to take the fall for her, especially since she is mired in so much political controversy.

On the other hand, what if GL takes his decoy plot so far as to say that padme doesn't die? Remember, it is palpatine who is supposed to reveal this fact to anakin... and he's willing to lie already for his benefit. My guess is that padme survives the attack and the birth and raises leia, posing as a handmaiden, until she dies of a broken heart. Or something like that... ;)

JMK
Nov 6th, 2003, 11:29:18 AM
So are you assuming that the rumor that Padme actually does die is wrong?
At the time of the movies I see the need for decoys for Padme, but I'm presuming that she always had them at her side.
I can see where Palpatine would lie about Padme's fate just to make Anakin angrier, but if you believe the rumor, then Padme is actually dead and Palpy is telling the truth.

Master Yoghurt
Nov 6th, 2003, 01:36:30 PM
You know, the idea Leia remembers a handmaiden instead of her mother really bothers me. Its feels like GL is subtracting things from the OT to fix logical errors to the prequels. I am starting to get worried now if he will be able to tie up all the lose ends. There is so much to cover in the third movie, I wonder how it all will fit together

JMK
Nov 6th, 2003, 02:22:34 PM
Yeah, that's exactly what I said Yoghurt.
But I find that a bit of a cop-out. To me, that just craps all over the whole 'decoy/handmaiden' premise. To me, it's almost as if Lucas created them because he knew of the eventual plot hole he would have to cover up for in RotJ.

ADarksideJedi
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:50:09 PM
O_o I like the ones you guys are saying about Leia talking about her maid and not her mom inless she dies after she gives birth to the twins?What do you guys think that is possible and Ankin would get mader or if someone kills her to get her out of the way like the soon to be the Empire maybe kills her!THat is not a bad thought!Good theroys guys!JM:angel

Crystal
Nov 9th, 2003, 07:29:06 AM
Hm.. If you guys are right about the maid thingPrehaps someone would mistake this handmaiden for the real padme, maybe someone loyal to Vader.. or something. It's obvious he can't know about Leia. so.. I'm curious how GL is going to make it all work, if he can.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:32:29 PM
I heard that Lucas filmed that scene two ways so she still might live. I bet she lives like you said Mcbain because that way Anakin thinks he killed her still, but she survives, she still might die from here attack years later or something. Maybe Yoda will allude to it.

Ryla Relvinian
Nov 9th, 2003, 02:13:13 PM
That's about what I thought too, JMC.

Oh and nice avatar! :)

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:53:53 PM
Thanks I am still trying to get a sig up that is similar

Jaina
Nov 14th, 2003, 08:29:08 PM
I was figuring that Padme doesn't die in the movie, and that GL leaves us screaming, making us imagine how she does die later, between Ep. III and IV. Hey and maybe if Lucus (or Spielburg I hear) does make Episodes 7, 8, and 9, then maybe that'll explain what happen somewhere in there, if it doesn't in Ep. III. Am I making any sense?:huh

JMK
Nov 15th, 2003, 04:52:02 PM
Yes, of course you are. I doubt (and hope against) that Episodes 7-9 ever get made, so I don't think we will find out what happens to Padme there. It's a delicate issue and if Lucas kills her, he will get some heat from some, if he lets her live, he'll catch heat for not filling us in on what happens to her.

Pierce Tondry
Nov 15th, 2003, 04:54:20 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Yes, of course you are. I doubt (and hope against) that Episodes 7-9 ever get made, so I don't think we will find out what happens to Padme there. It's a delicate issue and if Lucas kills her, he will get some heat from some, if he lets her live, he'll catch heat for not filling us in on what happens to her.

Personally, I wouldn't be too against seeing Padme fall into a depression during Ep. 3 and be presumed to die of grief in the years between Ep 3 and 4.

JMK
Nov 15th, 2003, 05:06:40 PM
Here's a scenario that I know would never happen, but I'd like to see her survive Episode 3, but not before she is poisoned by someone during another assasination attempt on her life. This time it's succesful and the poison's effects are irreversible and it just takes a few years to take full effect. That way she'd live, yet you'd know how she dies.

And no, I didn't hear this from anywhere, it's out my own warped mind so I'm not covering it with spoiler tags. :p

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Nov 25th, 2003, 02:42:08 PM
If a poison takes years to kill then its highly possible to find an antedote in that time.

I agree with you guys...it would feel wrong and like we were being ripped off if Lucas does the haindmaiden thing. OT is canon, pure and simple and there cant be any going back on it. Id much rather be left with questions than to be told what I took for 'gospel' is all wrong :(

JMK
Nov 25th, 2003, 03:34:37 PM
What I meant was that the toxin would be discreet, no one would know that she's dying until it really takes hold, and it's effects cannot be undone. Plus, it may be more possible than I had originally thought. Think of all the incidences of poisonings in the prequels so far: Obi Wan and Qui Gon at the beginning of TPM, the attempt on Padme's life with the insect thingies, the poison dart that kills Zam Wessel. Could it be that GL is on another one of his kicks and is bent on poisoning everyone?
Another thing to consider: Anakin is also being poisoned, not by any drug or chemical, but by Palpatine, and by Padme: 'Just being around her again is intoxicating". Wouldn't it be something if Anakin is in effect killed by Palpatine's intoxicating hold on Anakin while Padme is killed by poison as well? Maybe there's one big underlying theme here that someone more eloquent than myself can put into words?

Doc....where are you dude? :p

ReaperFett
Nov 25th, 2003, 04:29:25 PM
Just remember guys, before X2 many KNEW that (X2 SPOILERS) either Cyke died/was missing, Xavier died/was missing or Jean went blind. Look how many of them came true :)

JMK
Nov 25th, 2003, 10:30:48 PM
Not sure I know what you mean? :huh

Brielle Acaana
Nov 25th, 2003, 11:28:05 PM
I think Fett is saying that......a lot of the rumors that had been going around about X-Men2 before it was released, all came true in that movie.

He is saying that maybe it will be the same for Ep 3 :)

JMK
Nov 26th, 2003, 08:31:33 AM
Yes yes of course. Thanks. :)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Nov 26th, 2003, 09:44:46 AM
Youre welcome and anytime :)

JMK
Nov 26th, 2003, 10:14:07 AM
You and Brielle are the same? Geebus I need to start making lists of this stuff. But I think you should stick with Daq. She's much prettier. :)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Nov 26th, 2003, 10:54:53 AM
Thanks, JMK :hug :)

JMK
Nov 26th, 2003, 11:09:08 AM
:D No prob.

Doc Milo
Dec 21st, 2003, 12:05:39 AM
I like the poison idea, JMK. What you have here is a theme. JMK did a wonderful job uncovering a lot of that theme -- if GL chooses to take it that one step further and poison Padme as well as Anakin (as JMK pointed out the poison theme is already present, this would mean only adding to the theme...) I think it would be a great tie in and leave a lot of room for fixing those possible continuity errors.

One of the problems I see with the rumor JMK described is that Anakin would have to act against Padme and know that Padme is pregnant. This is another continuity error. Watching the OT I always got the impression that Anakin (nor Palpatine) never knew he had any offspring until he discovered the name of the pilot that blew up the Death Star. Then and only then did he realize he had a son. If Anakin acts as is described in that rumor, wouldn't he know that he had offspring? How would it work for him not to know? She collapses, he thinks he killed her and the babies, doesn't bother to check, and runs away; she comes to and has the children? It doesn't seem to jive with me. She would have to have the children in front of Anakin and that creates a continuity error of its own. She has twins. Anakin would know that she had twins. And we all know that the twin sister is a total surprise to Anakin even if Luke's existence isn't.

I think Anakin doesn't know at all -- or else he and the emperor would never stop looking for him.

The one thing that suggests to me that Anankin and Palpatine didn't know anything about any children is that they never change Luke's name. If Anakin knew about Luke, then Luke's name has to be changed to go into hiding because Anakin would be looking for him -- and anyone named Skywalker... But, if Anakin and Palaptine don't know, then no one is looking for a Skywalker, Luke could be hidden successfully in "plain sight" keeping his name because the name wouldn't ring any bells for anyone -- no one is looking for him or for the name....

To me, the fact that Anakin doesn't even know that Padme is pregnant is important to explain how Luke can be hidden away as a Skywalker -- and to have a scene as described in that rumor reveals at least that Anakin knows that Padme is pregnant.

JMK
Dec 21st, 2003, 12:30:03 AM
Ah, so nice to see you come around Doc! :D

Jedieb
Dec 21st, 2003, 04:03:30 PM
If you ask me, I think the mistake here lies with the OT. I think it was a mistake to have that line of dialogue (Leia's memory of her mother). It kind of tied Lucas' hands. There was similiar dialogue between Luke and Ben on Dagobah that referred to Anakin's and Obi-Wan's final battle but it was wisely cut. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an SE change to fix that line. Who knows what we're going to get. I think the rumors that we've been hearing about Padme's death by Force Choking are true. Especially with what we've been hearing about Anakin's first scene as Vader.

JMK
Dec 21st, 2003, 10:29:00 PM
I hope that rumor turns out to be false. I think it would be really cheap and I won't buy Anakin was just sooooo mad that he couldn't control himself to the point where he loses his mind and then later regrets his actions.