PDA

View Full Version : Why won't "Generals" run!!

imported_Terran Starek
Nov 5th, 2003, 04:37:30 PM
For some reason, I cannot get my copy of "Command and Conquer: Generals" to run!!! It is very, very annoying. :(

My friend gave me his copy (because he doesn't play it anymore) and I did the typical installation. Now, when I try to run it, it starts with the basic loading screen. Then, it just quits and dissappears, and everyone's favorite error message pops up, wanting to do a report and all that jazz. Anyway, it sucks.

I am running XP. Any suggestions/comments/statements of mocking?

Stinking game *mumble mumble* tryin' to make me mad *grumble grumble* dang thing *gripe gripe*. . .

Charley
Nov 5th, 2003, 05:05:13 PM
look for a patch?

imported_Terran Starek
Nov 5th, 2003, 08:03:47 PM
Yeah, I downloaded a patch and some updated drivers that I might have needed. However, now my computer refuses to read the disc it was reading fine before AND my D drive doesn't even appear as an available drive!! Also, when I try to run Generals, it ends up restarting with a 'critical error.' I think something is seriously wrong, here.

It could be formatting time. :(

Morgan Evanar
Nov 5th, 2003, 10:02:48 PM
You have the latest Direct X?

Ace McCloud
Nov 11th, 2003, 09:46:59 PM
Generals sucks -_- Did you get the new one? With the 30 new units? How it was supposed to be in the beggining but is completely and utterly unbalanced?

I played the first one for a few months, thought it was kind of fun. But it lacked the style of the old games like RA2 and Yuri, which were very captivating and once you found a good game buddy, you could play every night. I long for those days.

I think I used to have the same problem...but I can't remember how I fixed it. Might have been Direct X like Morgan said though. Definatly not worth re-formatting for...