PDA

View Full Version : Maal Lah Ship-to-ship Training

Khendon Sevon
Nov 4th, 2003, 01:45:44 PM
"Well," Khendon began, "are you ready Maal Lah?"

Maal Lah
Nov 4th, 2003, 05:13:35 PM
"Absolutely, Imperator," Maal replied promptly, "I am always ready, at your beck and call. You have no more obedient servant than me....." He broke off as the Federacy leader started speaking again. He leaned back and settled himself more comfortable in the simulator's couch.

Khendon Sevon
Nov 5th, 2003, 09:05:19 PM
Khendon grinned, “Well, Colonel. This is the first of a series of complex simulations. Your crew is real. The danger is not. So, let’s begin.”

Khendon stood on the bridge as the simulation activated. Maal Lah was in the command chair and crewmembers were stationed at monitors.

“The first thing you will have to learn is that voice communication is only a cordial thing. There’s another use for the chip that’s implanted in your brain. Just like you can control a TIE Executioner by thought, you can give orders by thought. Now, focus on knowing where your ship is positioned in space. Focus on your surroundings. Draw images from the sensors of the vessel… focus, breath, relax and draw it in.”

Khendon slowed his breathing and partially closed his eyes. The sensor data trickled into his mind. They were aboard an Insuperable-class star destroyer, aptly christened Blood Lust.

The simulation was taking place in Sovereignty space, near the boarder. The vessel sat, its engine wash faint, electrical signal low, but not quite stealth. She would be picked up, but the extent of her power cloaked… all Maal Lah had to do was reach out and he would soon sense the approaching ship far at the furthest reaches of the Blood Lust’s sensors.

Maal Lah
Feb 20th, 2004, 02:01:15 PM
Okay, deep breath, relax....yeah, should be easy...Maal thought to himself as he settled himself deeper into the quite-comfortable chair he had been provided.

Maal wasn't sure how this thought system worked without any Force powers, but he decided that the Imperator must know what he was doing.

Maal closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Then he thought hard about himself and his ship.

A wealth of information cascaded over his brain. Holy sithspawn, I know everything! he thought. He could monitor fuel expenditure as well as operational weapons simultaneously. Maal was impressed with the level of control he assumed he was making. Piece of cake he thought. He made a impullse and sent it to a young officer whom he sensed was nearby. Get me a cup of caf, Ensign Maal opened his eyes in time to see the officer trip and fall.

Maal let his mouth open for a fraction of second, and then snapped it shut. Oh well, I'll get the hang of it Maal closed his eyes and immersed himself in the ship's workings again. He turned his attention to the ships sensors. Maal sent the probing tendrils of his brain snaking through the data, trying to identify where his ship was. Wha...? We're surrounded by anit-matter? Than can't be right! Maal shook his head and concentrated deeper. And suddenly, as if a key had been turned, his surroundings became visible to him. His ship was in a system, surrounded by tiny pinpricks of light, none larger enoguh to be the star of the system. The area around them was empty.

Or was it? In what seemed the furthest reaches of his brain, Maal saw a blip, a mere pinprick of light, like the stars surrounding his ship. the blip moved closer and closer. And then, suddenly, the blip turned red.

Khendon Sevon
Feb 24th, 2004, 02:59:54 PM
The simulation quickly calculated the power of Officer Lah’s vessel and allotted a sufficient number of ships to the meager “blip” detected by both Khendon and his trainee. A single ISD3 transformed into three ISD3’s and various support craft.

Khendon spoke slowly and calmly, “now that you’ve located the general location of your opposing force, you’ll want to paint them, detect exact profiles and types. At your disposal is a vast array of sensors; I would suggest using the energized particle bounce back system.

“Not only can it detect nearly any stealth craft, but it’s the most accurate. The simple concept behind it is that a series of charged particles are tracked to the location, when collision occurs and they stop moving with the preassigned velocity, our quantum physics processors command more releases until we’ve established the exact nature of our opposing force.

“I would also suggest you prepare the vessel for combat, negotiation isn't an option.”

Maal Lah
Feb 24th, 2004, 07:12:25 PM
(OOC: Is ISD Imperial or Insuperable class destroyer?)
"Very well, Imperator. I shall do so."Maal crisply turned the comm off, all business. He turned to what seemed the nearest sensor officer. Lieutenant, get this particle system ready, we have intruders in our rear left quadrant . I want full oulays on ship type, name, weapons profile, and monitor it for release of starfighters. Get on it. Now."

The sensor officer appeared to turn back to his station and remained there for a minute. hten he turned back to Maal with a demeanor that reminded him of the times he had to give his superiors bad news.
"Sir, it isn't a ship. Its ships."

"Sithspawn,"murmured Maal,"Do you have profiles on them officer?" His sentence was more a statement than a question.

"3 ISD3s, Sir. No evidence of scoring or other recent battle scars."

Maal ran through scenarios in his head, all taken from his experience on the border patrol of the Federacy. First step, isolate different dangers and contain them "Is there any sign of starfighter launch?"
"No..." A warning klaxon cut him short. Maal replied, "It appears you are wrong." Then , ignoring that officer, turned to another tactical officer who was monitoring the enemy. Of course, its only the Imperator's message that shows that. So far. "Starfither launch?" Maal questioned.

"Yes sir. 3 wings, Defenders and Scimitars."

Scimitars?That was a step up from the average pirate, Oh well"Helm, rotate us 90 degrees over starboard." That would put them sideways facing the enemy."Then launch our complement of fighter."

He yelled to the weapons officer, "Make sure all of our missile platforms are ready!"

In his head, Maal though, Second step...