PDA

View Full Version : Shock the Monkey (open)

Hayes Muirso
Nov 3rd, 2003, 12:56:26 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH!

Hayes’ eyes snapped open. What was going on and why had he just felt something like fear? Looking around the bar and grill, he saw a woman standing on her chair, looking practically petrified in every way. Lots of other patrons had looked around too, and the bartender was calling over to ask what the matter – no response, just lots of trembling, from the poor woman.

Up to his feet and Hayes cautiously approached to see what the fuss was about. Someone seemed to have misplaced a Kowakian Monkey-Lizard beneath her chair. The Padawan couldn’t help but smile. It was snacking on some left overs from the womans dinner, that it must have swiped when she’d hoped up onto her perch.

“Uh,” he turned and looked around into the expectant faces of the others.

“Did anyone loose a lizard?”

Daen C'allyx
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:09:22 PM
"Aye, over he--ow!"

Daen C'allyx took a deep breath and rubbed his head where he'd banged it, emerging from underneath a table. The young man fought the urge to swear, satisfying himself with a grunt instead. He stood up, smoothed the front of his cloak, and hobbled over to the table.

He wasn't the most reassuring looking character, though he looked the type to own a creature such as the one munching at the table. One eye was glazed over in blindness and there was a long jagged scar that ran across his youthful, albeit tired, face. The woman seemed almost as frightened of him as the lizard. Daen ignored her. The boy stopped at the table and then crouched down, scooping up the little creature which screamed in indignation.

"Sorry about that. She won't hurt you, she's just hungry."

Hayes Muirso
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:35:03 AM
The woman clambered down with the help of another patron who’d come over to see what was going on, and skittered away. Hayes rubbed the back of his neck in thought, wondering why she’d even been scared of it in the first place.

“That your pet? Don’t see many of those around here.”

Daen C'allyx
Nov 4th, 2003, 08:51:11 AM
Daen nodded as he shuffled around a bit to keep the squabbling creature secured in his arms. He frowned at her, but this did nothing to still the lizard.

"Yeah, she's mine. Although, sometimes I wonder about accidentally opening an airlock and slipping her out the hatch."

Daen extended a hand to the man.

"Daen C'allyx. This is Luna."

Luna threw her head back and screeched with laughter.

Hayes Muirso
Nov 4th, 2003, 12:38:40 PM
A soft chuckle and Hayes nodded. He understood all too well.

“Hayes Muirso. Good to meet you, Daen, Luna.”

He smiled warmly and glanced down at the now vacant table for a moment, before looking back up.

“Are you a member here? I’m not good with faces, otherwise I’d probably know.”

Daen C'allyx
Nov 4th, 2003, 12:54:05 PM
"Pleasure's ours."

He nodded, but Luna seemed more determined to finish the food that she'd pilfered. She bit Daen on the shoulder, freeing herself from his grasp. Loyalties didn't mean a thing to the little creature. The young man yelped as Luna half-leapt, half-fell from his arms and scooted under the chair. Daen rolled his eyes and sat down atop her hiding place.

After a moment of consideration, he nodded to Hayes.

"Yes. I arrived this morning, from Almania."

The young man cleared his throat before continuing.

"I was a student at the Order there, but circumstances didn't allow me to continue."

Hayes Muirso
Nov 7th, 2003, 12:13:21 PM
Hayes followed suit, and sat down opposite Daen.

“Almania,” he nodded, as though he knew something about it.

“Is it very different there? To here, I mean.”

Daen C'allyx
Nov 13th, 2003, 01:04:17 PM
Daen nodded.

"Yes. It's nothing like Coruscant, it's all mountains and plains. It's much more...open, not busy and noisy like here."

He was quiet then, remembering the planet. Luna finished her meal and lunged up onto his lap, then to his shoulder. The movement of the little creature seemed to jerk Saen back to the present.

"It's a nice place. Though I'm sure Coruscant has it's good points as well. What about you, where are you from?"

Hayes Muirso
Nov 15th, 2003, 10:11:10 AM
“Coruscant, unfortunately. I traveled a lot when I was still a student, though, so I haven’t gotten totally sick of the place yet.”

There was definite humor in his voice suggesting that, despite the harsh words, he really didn’t have much against the core world.

“This place used to be based on Yavin. I think we all would have liked it if we’d stayed there, but I suppose it was a bit too far off the beaten track, considering most Sith activity seems to go on around the hub and core worlds.”

Daen C'allyx
Dec 5th, 2003, 03:30:49 PM
"Mmm. What I find interesting about Coruscant is, it's never quiet."

Daen shook his head in obvious amazement.

"There's always noise, even if it's not loud. I couldn't sleep last night there was so much to listen to. I thought having Luna was challenging enough, but she's practically mute compared to the hubbub here."