PDA

View Full Version : Someplace new? (open)

Biff Dynamo
Nov 2nd, 2003, 11:07:31 AM
Well, here it was. The Greater Jedi Order. It was already late into the night and the recruitment center, whatever that was, was closed. His benefactor, the Jedi Knight Simoson, had said he might like it here. So far he was a little confused about what he was supposed to like.

It was quiet and a lot of shadowy figures in the bars various corners were looking at him like he’d just spat on their mothers graves. He fidgeted with the cuffs of his worn jacket and pushed his hands into the pouch-pocket. Quickly he found that shuffling about with his eyes locked on the ground resulted in bumping into things, namely tables and unfortunately someone’s drink.

“Sorry.”

He said, without looking up.

Cordell Le'Kray
Nov 2nd, 2003, 11:16:17 AM
Cordell Le'Kray looked up as some of his coffee was spilled on the table. He glanced up at the man responsible and saw a look of...confusion? Loniliness?

Cordell smiled gently. "It's alright, young man. Would you like to have a seat?" He offered kindly as he wiped up the spill with a napkin. "No harm done."

Biff Dynamo
Nov 3rd, 2003, 12:46:32 PM
“…’right.”

The same tactic of trying not to look up was still being employed, and despite this Biff managed to sit down without doing any further damage. Now that he was sat, however, he wasn’t sure what else he was meant to do. He’d only been to a couple of bars in his life time, and that was when he was younger (to meet his mother after her shift at Hooters, usually).

Cordell Le'Kray
Nov 5th, 2003, 04:09:52 PM
"Would you care for something to drink? You look like you could use something." Cordell offered.

Biff Dynamo
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:01:04 AM
“C-coffee.”

Why did being anxious make you feel cold? Biff had the shivers and his teeth were chattering like a ‘stim addict in withdrawal.

“Thanks… ‘m Biff.”

Cordell Le'Kray
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:16:06 AM
"Cordell Le'Kray. It's nice to meet you, Biff." The older man said as he hailed a server droid and ordered the coffee.

"Are you new here? I've only been here a couple of times to meet my daughters. Seems like the happening place." He smiled.

Biff Dynamo
Nov 10th, 2003, 03:02:38 PM
The happening place. If Biff hadn’t been so disorientated he would have smirked, maybe sniggered. He darted his eyes up to the mans face and shrugged slightly.

“S’pose. One of the Jedi gave me a hand with something. Figure I should come have a look around… repay the favor, or something.”

He eyed the man suspiciously.

“You a Jedi?”

Cordell Le'Kray
Nov 13th, 2003, 08:16:48 PM
Cordell smiled. "Hardly, I'll let my daughters take that on, they are both members of the Order. I'm in the shipping industry."

Biff Dynamo
Nov 15th, 2003, 06:59:53 AM
“Oh. What d’you ship?”

Biff didn’t really want to know, but he felt obliged to ask.

Cordell Le'Kray
Nov 15th, 2003, 07:30:05 AM
"Just about everything. Quantom Exports is the biggest shipping industry on Coruscant and it's growing with business everyday. I'm very lucky to be a part of it." He told the young man with a smile as he took a drink.

Biff Dynamo
Nov 20th, 2003, 03:28:43 PM
Biff looked unimpressed, primarily because:

“M’dad ships fruit and veg. Says the big companies are buyin’ all the family businesses out. Leavin’ ‘em broke.”

Cordell Le'Kray
Nov 20th, 2003, 09:13:56 PM
Cordell agreed without a doubt, that was exactly what Quantum Exports was doing and making quite a profit. "Yes, Quantum Exports is doing a lot of buying and selling. But, Mr. Kincaid is offering a big payoff and offering jobs as well. That was how I got in, I had a family run shipping business as well." Cordell offered with a sigh.

"If your father is interested, I can get him hired. How long has he been in shipping, time depends on what kind of job I can get him or tell me what he likes doing. That can help too. I will always be glad to help out a fellow shipper."

Biff Dynamo
Nov 21st, 2003, 06:06:37 AM
“… ‘bout twenty years, now. He’s been doing it since b’fore I was even born.”

With his caff now steaming in front of him, Biff found a momentary respite in sipping the vile liquid. It might not have tasted good, but it certainly calmed him.

“Don’t think I’ll go into shipping, though. Going to be a Jedi.”

Cordell Le'Kray
Nov 22nd, 2003, 06:34:51 AM
Cordell nodded. "Good occupation to get into, as I said both of my daughters are training there. They seem to really like it."

Biff Dynamo
Nov 24th, 2003, 10:25:34 AM
“Who’re y’r daughters… I might end up training with them or somesuch. Will let em know that I spoke t’you.”

Cordell Le'Kray
Nov 25th, 2003, 04:41:44 AM
"Quay'Na Rakai and Yasmin Le'Kray, they're identical twins. Quay's been in the Order for quite sometime, and Yaz just started a month or so ago." Cordell said as he took another drink, he was very proud of them.