PDA

View Full Version : The Disappearing Act...(Council attention please)

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 31st, 2003, 04:31:41 AM
Quay'Na Rakai entered the council chambers as she had many times before, it was beginning to be quite a ritual for her lately. But, she had a very pressing issue to bring to them, one that needed attention and up until now she thought she had things under control, but she didn't.

Sene had been there for her, but now he was gone. Disappeared without a trace and she was alone or so it seemed and now it was time to bring the council into the more than irritating situation. She needed to disappear for a few weeks, that was all. She had to get out of here, get away.

Silently, she made her way to the center of the room and bowed her greeting. Her face was expressionless, she seemed almost lost.

Kelt Simoson
Oct 31st, 2003, 05:54:58 AM
Kelt had previously been sitting with the other councilors chatting to them about different issues that had come up over the morning when all of a sudden he felt a rush of panic flow through him, a feeling of sadness he caught before Quay'Na entered and when she did, Kelt stood up to address her, a look of concern over his face.

' Are you Okay Quay'Na?' Kelt asked gently.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 31st, 2003, 04:43:44 PM
Quay'Na looked at the Jedi Knight and Councilor and shook her head. "No...I'm not." She was silent for a moment. "I've come here to discuss an issue that has risen a couple of weeks ago."

The Padawan paused again. "I've had a death threat placed on my head by Sanis Prent and I am so fed up with him showing up, I just need to get out of here. He's going to drive me insane if I don't."

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 1st, 2003, 09:41:00 AM
"Sanis Prent, eh?"

Wei raised an eyebrow. Wei had met Sanis Prent maybe once when he was learning under Navaria. He could not help but wonder what she would have to say about him. But there were more important things to think about right now than what his former teacher thought.

"Why does he want to kill you?" Wei couldn't imagine it being anything personal, although it very well might be. Wei knew that Sanis would take "jobs" from people to assassinate whoever his clients needed out of the way.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 1st, 2003, 09:52:38 AM
“Is it not likely that you will be at more of a risk if you leave the Order? At least so long as you are here you have security around to unsure nothing happens.”

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 1st, 2003, 01:14:02 PM
"I have no idea why he wants to kill me, Master. But, I can't stay here, I will go underground if I must and it seems...I have an invisible body guard, who only shows when he's needed, so it's not like I'm completely unprotected." She sighed and looked at Dasquian.

"I've done everything that the Order has asked of me, including letting go of little Jacoby when my aunt and uncle came and took him away. Please, don't stop me from leaving. I've aready made arrangements to go to my father's in west Coruscant to stay at his condo. I need this time and I will stay in touch with the Temple and give you his comm number for his place." Deep down, she wasn't taking no for an answer.

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 1st, 2003, 06:26:50 PM
She sighed inwardly. Navaria knew that one day her relationship with Sanis and her work would cross paths in much the manner that happened today. On the outside, she projected nothing by grace and calm. There wasn't any falter in her voice as she spoke.

"Rakai. I need specifics. When and where did he approach you and what did he say exactly."

Relationship or no, she was going to get to the bottom of this herself if need be. The safety of the Padawans of this Order was her first priority... always.

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 2nd, 2003, 09:55:14 AM
Quay'Na nodded towards the Master. "Very well, it happened about three weeks ago. Jedi Knight Sene Unty and myself were in the Bar and Grill talking, Prent came up made a couple of snid remarks and then proceeded to say...

Well, I'm sure this is going to sound a little weird and all, but I'm here to kill you."

She took in a deep breath and let it out, then continued. "Of course, Sene and I were more than a little concerned and I asked why. He proceeded to tell me, quote, 'Hell, if I know. I'm just in it for the money. I really don't ask the big question, it's not good for business.' unquote. She could've quoted it all, it had never left her mind from the moment the guy had said it.

"He wanted me to meet him the next day at the Coco district tram station, which of course...I didn't. Sene and I left the next morning. Some other Jedi came and decided, she was going to go in my place. I didn't get her name, but she informed Sene to come and tell you about it. I thought he did, it's obvoius now that he didn't...I don't know why and I've not seen him in a couple of weeks. So in the meantime, Prent is ticked and he's pulling everything to get me, but what I don't understand is that if he's so intent on killing me, why hasn't he done it?" She questioned.

"I mean, I've been in his possession twice and he could've done it very easily, but he hasn't. He's a very dirty fighter, with his help of Ysalamari and his impenetrable personal sheild and those damn stun blasts he uses!" Quay'Na's agrivation was growing and she didn't even seem to care. She couldn't stand this!

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 3rd, 2003, 02:16:45 PM
"Quay'Na, calm down," Wei said in a calm, stern voice. "I can understand your frustration. But not all things are perfect. Ysalimir get tired, energy supplies run out, ammunition gets depleted."

Wei heaved a sigh. "Sanis has probably not killed you yet because the time is not right. There has been some circumstance or variable thrown in that has made it so he could not kill you without drawing attention to himself. That's how assassins make their living. They kill and make it so no one knows they did it. If he gets seen trying to kill you, it's bad for him because he has a reputation to keep. And if he gets caught in the act, his client might try to kill him to keep Prent from talking. Do you understand?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 3rd, 2003, 03:20:46 PM
Quay'Na took a deep breath and tried to relax, but it was hard. "Yes, Master Wei, I understand. " She finally said as she pushed the frustration away again.

"But, I have to go." She told them again. "I need away from here, if I stay I'll just feel like I'm trapped. I need this time."

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 3rd, 2003, 03:22:29 PM
“In the end, we cannot stop you, simply advise you on what we believe to be the best course of action. You know you are free to com as you please.”

Anbira Hicchoru
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:21:44 PM
Anbira listened on, remaining silent as Quay and the others spoke. Occasionally, he glanced toward Navaria, but then returned his attention to the padawan. This was a most complicated issue. Prent was an unscrupulous man, which made him almost more dangerous than a man that was truly evil. He had fought with Prent before, when the winds blew in a different way. If anything, the bounty hunter was resourceful.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:23:27 PM
"Be also aware of the fact that there is no such thing as a 'safe place' when the underground is concerned. They have methods to find you. It might take them a bit of time, but they will do it."

Wei shook his head, making his ponytail sway back and forth. "At any rate, if you are fixed in your ideas, then all I can say is Good Luck. And may the Force be with you."

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 4th, 2003, 04:04:50 AM
"I'll only be gone a couple of weeks, I promise. I'll keep in touch, if I feel that danger is arising I will return. Here's my father's condo's comm number, if you need to contact me. I'm keeping my personal comm here to keep from being traced." She handed a slip of paper to the closest Councelor.

"I'll be leaving tonight, Masters." She told them in a lost tone. "If there is nothing further, I'll excuse myself." She bowed to them and then waited for a moment.

Kelt Simoson
Nov 7th, 2003, 12:56:04 AM
Is there anyone looking out for your safety at all? ' Kelt asked gently, the look of concern still upon his face. ' I dont think i can stress how much more danger you are placing yourself into if you leave the GJO grounds Quay'Na'.

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:21:51 AM
The Padawan looked at Kelt's concern. "I will be safe at my father's condo. It's getting there that's concerning, but he's got many contacts that are willing to help out. My father has camera's installed for added security and with my invisible bodyguard I'm sure I'll be fine, Master Kelt." She acknoiwledged.

Kelt Simoson
Nov 7th, 2003, 04:41:55 PM
' Sorry, invisible Bodygaurd?' Kelt asked his eyebrows raising together.

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:42:45 PM
"I call him invisible, because he only shows up when he's needed. The rest of the time, I don't see him." The Padawan explained.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:38:54 PM
"Describe him. What he looks like when he does appear, how he appears, how he leaves...."

Wei was curious about this bodyguard. Especially if he shows up just as Prent does. Wei wondered if it wasn't some ploy by Prent to lure Quay'Na into letting her guard down.

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:47:06 AM
"Well, actually he's a friend of a friend of mine. And I think my friend kinda...likes me and knows of what's going on and sent him." Quay'Na felt her cheeks start to get warm. It wasn't a normal situation by any means. "He's got long black hair and a black bodysuit of some kind, he's never hurt me and he won't."

Quay'Na smiled. "He's my protector and he's very good at what he does. He's usually just around and then when it's all over, he's gone." She knew how silly that must've sounded, like some comic holo-hero, but nonetheless it was true.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 15th, 2003, 08:09:53 AM
Dasquian quirked a brow.

“If I were you, I would not put too much faith in this character, Quay’Na. A man who would choose to hide his identity and motivations from you could quite easily be following you for all the wrong reasons.

This aside, so long as your location is unknown to those outside of this chamber, I believe you will be safe.”

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 15th, 2003, 12:24:33 PM
Wei nodded. "And you know how to contact the Order if you are in a tight spot."

Quay'Na Rakai
Nov 16th, 2003, 09:34:08 AM
"Yes, Master Wei." Quay'Na nodded. "The council will be the first to know, I promise."