PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Box Office posters....

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 31st, 2003, 01:37:22 AM
Seat up or seat down?

Have your girlfriends / wifes got you beaten, or have guy defiance won? Is the battle continuing?

I'm afraid to say my wife finally beat me in this. Seat down :(

Mortaniuss
Oct 31st, 2003, 01:57:09 AM
Bah. Here's the way I look at it:

I have to put the seat up every time I go to the bathroom. Thus, it's only fair that she has to put it down every time she goes. Having the man put it up, then put it back down while the woman does nothing is unfair.

Charley
Oct 31st, 2003, 02:49:17 AM
If anybody has an issue on how the seat is oriented, then I can have an issue with how the front door is oriented, ie. they should open it, and close it on the way out.

In other words, if you want to get upset about the toilet seat, go kill yourself.

ReaperFett
Oct 31st, 2003, 02:50:55 AM
I put it down, Because that way the lid (I never know what to call that part. Cover? Lid?) is down. Everyone has to lift something. Equal rights :)

JMK
Oct 31st, 2003, 08:28:45 AM
I don't see the big problem. It's not like the thing is heavy. The lid swings both ways; if it's up, put it down. Heck, a touch of the finger and gravity takes care of the rest.

Droo
Oct 31st, 2003, 09:11:53 AM
I have to put it down because my nan shares the house with us and she's blind so it's only nice to do so. Otherwise, why should men be obliged to put the seat down? I don't see any women leaving the seat up for us. At the end of the day though, it's really a non-issue for me, I'm not particularly bothered doing it but had an issue been made of my not putting the seat down then by principle, I'd ask the woman I was sharing the house with to leave the seat up for me when she leaves the bathroom.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 31st, 2003, 05:55:39 PM
Interesting the married guys havent replied - yet :)

TheHolo.Net
Oct 31st, 2003, 05:57:49 PM
I have a seperate bathroom from the one my wife uses and get no flak. :)

Ryan Pode
Nov 1st, 2003, 12:09:44 AM
Well... I have no wife nor female who I live with so I must say the seat up/down issue has been decided to be seat down... as my dog likes to drink from it and thats a bad thing.