PDA

View Full Version : Question for current Supporters

TheHolo.Net
Oct 30th, 2003, 11:43:58 PM
Since they will be for the most part your images, I wanted to get your opinions on the hack that I now have working.

Format wise its still very much in its early stages , but if you load up the Streamlined style and look at the bottom of the page you will see that I have now included the last 4 images posted to the Gallery (linked images and image titles).

Now the question is this; Would you like those images to appear at the top of the different styles or at the bottom of the styles somewhat lke it is now? I do plan to add a little bit more in the way of style elements to it from vB, but before I start doing the template work I wanted to get the opinions of the picture uploaders.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 30th, 2003, 11:50:17 PM
I think bottom. They seem to fit in better there.

If it can be done, I wonder how they would look just above who's online?

TheHolo.Net
Oct 30th, 2003, 11:59:08 PM
Are you reading my mind? I was just trying that in the Star Wars style, and liked it, so I switched it in Streamlined too.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 31st, 2003, 12:04:04 AM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
Are you reading my mind? I was just trying that in the Star Wars style, and liked it, so I switched it in Streamlined too.

Hah, sorry no long range Jedi mind trick :) - just thought the images were probably more worth while above links, Who's online etc

and as I thought, it does look even better there. Perrrrrrrfect

Charley
Oct 31st, 2003, 01:04:56 AM
I kinda like top. Its a bit of catchy eye candy, early on.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 31st, 2003, 01:09:57 AM
Its on the top in T-Phantom, but I think above Who's Online works well because Who's Online is very popular round here. :)

I'll still listen to more opinions though, if there are enough that want it on the top in all styles then it will happen.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 31st, 2003, 05:36:52 AM
I think its perfect as it is now. Just above who's online :)

TheHolo.Net
Oct 31st, 2003, 06:24:55 PM
In the Streamlined Style I have added an additional 4 Random images to the Forum index display. Let me know what you think of this addition and if you think I should add this display in the other styles.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 31st, 2003, 06:40:19 PM
Hmmm........

First thought was that it was too many. But seeing and contemplating, maybe 8 is okay after all. I really dont think any more should be done.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 31st, 2003, 06:49:53 PM
The main reason I wanted to add a random section is to maybe help curb the posibly jockeying for position that might could happen with just having recent, images. And yes I agree no more than 8 total thumbs will be added to the forum index.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 31st, 2003, 06:59:12 PM
Hmmm.. I think its good to have 8 pictures while the photopost feature is fresh. It becomes more visible that way and encourages supporter account upgrades. In the long run though, after a few weeks or so, you might want to reduce it to 4 again in order to maintain a tidy index page design.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 31st, 2003, 07:00:33 PM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
The main reason I wanted to add a random section is to maybe help curb the posibly jockeying for position that might could happen with just having recent, images. And yes I agree no more than 8 total thumbs will be added to the forum index.

Allright. Maybe if that's a concern too, can an upload limit per 24 hours be placed per user? I just dont see any real reason for someone to upload 20 odd pics in one hit. After all, I guess most of us now have fairly extensive areas to upload to, it should be encouraged the best of what we have goes into the gallery, the rest goes into webspace and displayed in a thread elsewhere.

Least, that's my take on the Gallery at present.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 31st, 2003, 07:01:27 PM
No there isn't any way to restrict it like that.

I m liking Yog's thought. :)