Oct 30th, 2003, 11:50:37 AM
http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/downloads/wallpapers/files/spidey_01_800.jpg

Me like :D

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 30th, 2003, 12:52:43 PM
Meh. I'm failing to be excited. :mneh

Sai
Oct 30th, 2003, 01:19:32 PM
Personally, I can't wait. I've been itching to see spidey back in action for awhile now^_^

JMK
Oct 30th, 2003, 01:41:32 PM
I'm excited for it, but that poster fails to do much for me. :\

Mortaniuss
Oct 30th, 2003, 01:41:54 PM
I hope it's better than the first. Spider-Man wasn't bad, but it had some weak spots. I think a good portion of it's popularity was due to the unprecedented amount of hype before it came out.

Sai
Oct 30th, 2003, 01:44:10 PM
That's a good point. Plus, spidey's made quite a name for himself over the years. Here's hoping it's a worthwhile investment ;)

Droo
Oct 30th, 2003, 01:44:15 PM
I'm looking forward to the second film but like others have said, that poster is a little boring.

Ryan Pode
Oct 30th, 2003, 01:48:26 PM
Poster did nothing for me. Absolutely nothing. Except I saw Dr. Ock

ReaperFett
Oct 30th, 2003, 01:55:23 PM
Originally posted by Ryan Pode
Poster did nothing for me. Absolutely nothing. Except I saw Dr. Ock

Which is the point. You get Spiderman, you get Ock. THat's a great poster. No spoilers, no "Ooh, let's stick a female character with three lines at the top to get a different market coming in." Just Spiderman, the villain and nothing else.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:18:22 PM
I gotta admit, I like the look of Doc Ock. Even if he's just this teeny tiny reflection in Spiderman's eye. It's got me interested to at least see what how they manage Doctor Octopus in the movie.

I didn't even know who the villian was until I saw the poster.

Rognan Dar
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:21:39 PM
Ock, in that poster, looks like Neo with four arms coming out of his back. Or just someone wearing black cloths like Neo with four arms comeing out of his back...

Sai
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:21:52 PM
If I can find the photo I saw of Doc ock and his robotic arms I'll post it. I saw it a few months back...has to be around this silly internet thing somewhere...

Droo
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:24:41 PM
http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/downloads/wallpapers/files/wallpaper2_800.jpg

There's a decent one. Been out quite a while now.

imported_Arriana Rezner
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:24:53 PM
Now I like that one!

Shanaria Fabool
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:29:36 PM
The second poster is FAR better!

ReaperFett
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:32:06 PM
I like that one ainly because it shows us we wont see Ock looking like Elton John :)

Sai
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:41:37 PM
lol, thats the one i was hunting down :)

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:57:02 PM
Spiderman was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over hyped. It really wasnt all that good. The sequel is a definate "To miss" for me

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:59:02 PM
I'll go and see it definetly, but I don't think it's going to be anything spectacular.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:59:44 PM
Heh, what a spectaculary uninteresting poster is my first reaction. Second poster was better, but in the end did not do so much for me. I mean, its pretty bad when you allmost have *less* desire to see the movie after you see the posters. I have a sneaky suspicion they are going to rest on their laurels on this one.

Picture Sony's PR/marketing department: "Hey, first movie was a great hit! Now we just do more of the same and add this cool villain. They will crowd to the theaters like lemmings!".

Give me a teaser trailer, then I might get excited :)

In all fairness though, I think Dr. Octopus is a far more interesting villain than the Green Goblin.

ReaperFett
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:59:45 PM
It was overhyped, but I wouldnt say wayyy and so on. If the script had been brushed up and we had different actors for Maguire (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that a bad script's to blame though) and Dunst (I wont), and it'd have worked out better.

Droo
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:02:16 PM
I thought Maguire and Dunst did great jobs. On top of that, I thought the Green Goblin was a great character as portrayed in the film. I don't know the first thing about Doctor Octopus.

Rognan Dar
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:02:24 PM
Must movies that are not intended to have a second one, or just not sure if they are, tend to be not worth the time they put into it. But then again, some are good. I just hope that this is going to be good because I love Spiderman. Heck, I love everything that has anything to do with mutants and such.

ReaperFett
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:06:13 PM
Originally posted by Dru
I thought Maguire and Dunst did great jobs. On top of that, I thought the Green Goblin was a great character as portrayed in the film. I don't know the first thing about Doctor Octopus.
He is a Scientist with big metal arms that swing and clamp and hurt people. He also has sold many albums, and got to #1 in the Charts this year with "Are you ready for love?". Plays the piano brilliantly :)

Rognan Dar
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:07:39 PM
Whu? Sounds like what your saying may be true, but then again it just sounds like a joke you might have made up.

Droo
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:08:22 PM
Nice. :lol!

Master Yoghurt
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:16:08 PM
Aye, Maguire and Dunst were good. I think the success of the second movie will rely more on their performance than whatever new characters are introduced. As for the Green Goblin, good riddance :)

Mortaniuss
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:25:04 PM
I think Maguire had the wrong build to play Spider-Man and was too dorky.

Rena D'sor
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:28:17 PM
Peter Parker was ment to be dorky though

Rognan Dar
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:30:14 PM
He is a dork. He makes things, does test...he's a dork.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:31:03 PM
I personally think it was the dorky image that worked well for many people, including myself

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:32:41 PM
I didnt like Maguire or Dunst at all. Really, without Dafoe , the movie would have been pretty damn sad.

I personally thought Daredevil was a far better movie. Besides, is anyone goign to seriously say Dunst is better on the eye than Garner?

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:32:49 PM
Exactly. I loved the Spiderman movie simply because Peter was the biggest geek I have ever seen in my entire life. But also very likeable. I remember watching the Spiderman cartoon and seeing the episode where they explained how Spiderman got his powers.

They called him a geek in the cartoon, but he didn't seem geeky enough.

And also, Maguire looked the part very well. Spiderman is supposed to be muscular, but not a body builder. Almost everthing I've seen that is Spiderman involves Spidey performing all sorts of acrobatics and using his speed and agility more than his muscle.

Rognan Dar
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:33:27 PM
I thought he did fine. He was dorky, yes. But he wasn't some stupid kid that couldn't do anything but sit at a lab table or something.

ReaperFett
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:35:01 PM
He was too Dorky. The change by the end just didn't seem right. I never got what MJ would see in him in the movie :)

Gav Mortis
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:37:33 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
Besides, is anyone goign to seriously say Dunst is better on the eye than Garner?

Yes. I'll agree with you on one thing though, Dafoe did steal the spotlight with all his scenes. I'm going to miss him in the sequel.

ReaperFett
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:39:36 PM
Originally posted by Gav Mortis
Yes. I'll agree with you on one thing though, Dafoe did steal the spotlight with all his scenes. I'm going to miss him in the sequel.
Molina is a good actor.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:41:00 PM
I think Dafoe had great potential, and there were some moments. I like the mirror scene for example. But ultimately, he just become one of those overdone evil characters I have seen hundreds times before. Not human at all

Sai
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:58:58 PM
Well, if you follow the spiderman comics, storylines and such it's plain to see that Parker is a major geek. The only 2 people in the marvel universe that are geekier (is that a word?) are Bruce banner - number one geek; aka the Hulk, and Reed Richards, Mr. Fantastic( /hurl, don't get me started on the fantastic flops.)

Maryjane- mneh...Dunst didn't do a bad job, but there are plenty of actresses that could have done a better job.

Osbourne, aka the Green Goblin. Imho, Willem did a fine job, and did the comic character justice. Whether or not he was fantastic as per hollywood standards, I didn't really care about. All that mattered to me was that the characters were done justice. The story line could have used some fine tuning, but it in itself was pretty good.

How true the actual story was to the comics? Mneh. It wasn't spot on that's for sure, but in places they cut corners and did other things it wasn't bad at all. Overall I was pleased with Spiderman, I hope the sequel improves on this though.

Mortaniuss
Oct 30th, 2003, 04:04:12 PM
Originally posted by Rena D'sor
Peter Parker was ment to be dorky though
Originally posted by Rognan Dar
He is a dork. He makes things, does test...he's a dork. It seems both of you missed the reason why I put an emphasis on the word "too". Yes, Peter Parker was a dork. But, in the movie, he continued to be a dork even after he became Spider-Man. In the comics, he mellowed out and just became a smartass.
Originally posted by Wei Wu Wei
And also, Maguire looked the part very well. Spiderman is supposed to be muscular, but not a body builder. Actually, he was quite lanky in the comics. Toby looked a bit short and pudgy. He didn't look like Spider-Man, to me.

It seems that everyone is misinterpreting my comments. I never said A) that he shouldn't be a dork or that B) he's supposed to be some bodybuilder. The Spider-Man comics are about the only Marvel comics worth reading, and I don't think I'm just nit-picking here. Spider-Man in the comics was a likeable guy. In the movie, he was just a silly archetype.
Originally posted by ReaperFett
I never got what MJ would see in him in the movieI agree.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 30th, 2003, 04:09:04 PM
Originally posted by Mortaniuss
It seems both of you missed the reason why I put an emphasis on the word "too". Yes, Peter Parker was a dork. But, in the movie, he continued to be a dork even after he became Spider-Man. In the comics, he mellowed out and just became a smartass. That was what I missed in my viewings of the Movie. Spiderman was not enough of a smart mouth wise cracking superhero like he was in the comics. There was only one Spidey wisecrack that seemed right in the whole film, when he told Jameson to be quiet and let mom and dad talk, or somehing along those lines, just before being snatched by the Goblin. Spidey was famous in the comics (at least IMO) for being a very mouthy superhero, even when in the thick of battling the bad guys.

This coming from someone who still has in his possession over 100 Spidey comics. :)

ReaperFett
Oct 30th, 2003, 04:44:10 PM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
Spidey was famous in the comics (at least IMO) for being a very mouthy superhero, even when in the thick of battling the bad guys.
Oh, without a doubt. If you can't write witty things for him to say, you can't write Spidey. THat's why it's great he's currently written by JMS, Bendis and Millar :D

Master Yoghurt
Oct 30th, 2003, 04:56:13 PM
Personally, I have not read enough Spiderman comics to establish wether Peter Parker or the Green Goblin were portrayed with accuracy or not. I tend to judge the movie more in regards how it compares to other superhero movies, how interesting the story and characters were, and to what degree I was entertained by the whole thing.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 30th, 2003, 07:07:37 PM
Originally posted by Mortaniuss
It seems both of you missed the reason why I put an emphasis on the word "too". Yes, Peter Parker was a dork. But, in the movie, he continued to be a dork even after he became Spider-Man. In the comics, he mellowed out and just became a smartass. Actually, he was quite lanky in the comics. Toby looked a bit short and pudgy. He didn't look like Spider-Man, to me.

It seems that everyone is misinterpreting my comments. I never said A) that he shouldn't be a dork or that B) he's supposed to be some bodybuilder. The Spider-Man comics are about the only Marvel comics worth reading, and I don't think I'm just nit-picking here. Spider-Man in the comics was a likeable guy. In the movie, he was just a silly archetype. I agree. I agree with everything in this post. I enjoyed Spiderman but still feel like a lot of the movie was mis-cast. Tobey is just too short, and just too stocky. Dunst doesn't have the MJ look either.

Ardath Bey
Oct 31st, 2003, 02:42:01 AM
Hm, Spiderman had some interesting villians. Well, the better known ones would be Electro, Vulture, The Lizard, Rhino, Sandman, Mysterio, and Venom. But some of his more obscure villians had a great deal of depth such as Morbius, Mr. Hyde, Tombstone, and Kraven. Grittier. Wish I could think of more. Unfortunately, people who never followed the books closely would be like WTH?!?!

The first Spiderman was decent but nothing to lose your head over, Willem Dafoe was great. But as Daredevil is concerned, that's one of the worst movies ever made.

Charley
Oct 31st, 2003, 02:57:15 AM
The only reason I saw this in the theater was because my mom is a Spiderman fan, and I took her as my treat. I'll do the same with the sequel, though I don't expect much.

I am simply not a spiderman fan.