PDA

View Full Version : Another talk (Faith Lerf)

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 30th, 2003, 06:18:45 AM
Look after Faith Lerf.

The message had been slipped under my door as I had slept. And for the day, had been puzzling me. Why, I wondered? Why should I do that? And who wanted her looked after? Somehow I had a feeling it had something to do with River Kincaid.

I sighed as I looked over the ledge of the Jedi garden to the streets below. Life could be so complex, never more so than now. The child in me kicked and I winced. 6 months... three months to go. Hope she got my message asking her to come here.

Faith Lerf
Oct 30th, 2003, 01:18:28 PM
Faith recieved a message from Helenias and as soon as she got it, she left to meet her. Faith was still getting sick and it was a struggle for her to get ready some days. Hoping she didn't keep Helenias waiting too long, she hurried as fast as she could to meet her.

She made her way into the garden and looked around to Helenias. Spotting her by a ledge, she made her way over to Helenias.

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 31st, 2003, 06:01:51 AM
"Oh, hello again. Ummm... I'm not one to make small talk, so I'll just be direct. I got a note, I suspect it is from someone who is with River Kincaid. They told me to look after you. I also looked in the records and I don't see a record of you having a Master Jedi. Whomever sent that note I believe did so on the misguided intention I would ask you to be my Padawan. Well, I'm not going to, because I stuffed up the last two badly. Instead, I ask for the chance to earn the privledge. Did that make sense to you?"

Faith Lerf
Nov 1st, 2003, 03:33:34 PM
Faith smiled to Helenias, she liked how honest she was. Faith listened to her speak, she raised an eyebrow as she mentioned River's name. She nodded. "Yes, Helenias it makes sense. It would be my privledge to have you earn the privledge."

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 2nd, 2003, 12:13:40 AM
"Oh. Okay, that was easy" I said. "Well. I guess I should ask this - tell me of yourself. Where your from, what lead you to be Jedi, what you wish to learn.... and how in God's name are you going to cope when your babies eventually get around to kick you in the bladder?!?"

I closed my eyes, stilling the pain. Damn, that was a good blow too.

Faith Lerf
Nov 2nd, 2003, 05:22:30 PM
Faith smiled as she began to answer Helenias' question with a small laugh. "Well, I'm Lorrdian, I was sold into slavery at a very young age and then I got escaped. After that I was on a mission, find the siblings. After many years of searching, I came across Natia, my sister. We just happened to run into each other on the busy streets of Corusant. She is the one that inspired me to become a Jedi. I want to learn as much as I can, and I haven't figured that one out yet, I'm still taking it one day at a time."

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:49:16 AM
"Natia... Natia...... I've heard that name before, but not a Natia Lerf. I can't recall a Jedi named Natia. Does she go under a different name?"

Faith Lerf
Nov 4th, 2003, 08:33:48 PM
Faith nodded. "Yes, she now goes by her adopted name, Elessar. She was adopted by, Xazor." Faith said in a hushed tone, remembering their last conversation.

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 5th, 2003, 05:02:58 AM
Elessar????

"Are you telling me, that Natia was adopted by Xazor? I heard that right? Well, now I know who wanted you looked after. Xazor also happens to have been adpoted by myself some time ago. I am very pleased to meet you now, Miss Lerf and even more so to train you. How strange this all is, would you not think so?"

Grand daughter? You had to be kidding me. And me, not ever having a real child of my own. It was true however, even if I looked hardly any older than Faith, she was in fact nearly 80 years younger. Enough time for a few generations of family to occur. Wonder if Marcus knew?

Faith Lerf
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:25:02 PM
Faith nodded. Small universe, to say the least. "Yes, this is all very strange. It's amazing how the force works."

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:33:03 AM
"You have no idea sometimes how true that statement is" I replied. "I am constantly amazed how things happen. One day ask me how I came to be a Jedi, it makes quite a story."

Grand daughter??

In truth, was not Valanya the same? It didn't feel like it.

"But tell me this first - where are your real parents? Why did Natia do this? You must forgive my questions, what you have told me is quite a surprise and I was not aware. What do you think of this?"

Faith Lerf
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:58:21 PM
"Some day, I will ask you." She waited for a moment before answering all of Helenias' question. "My real parents--my mother is dead and my father, I could care less where he is. I am not really sure why Natia did that, I just met her recently myself, she still has many mysteries I have yet to figure out. It surprises me as well that you did not know of this, and I am sorry that I was the one to break the news to you. I feel..." Faith really didn't know what feel, it was a shock to her that Helenias didn't know and she felt as if she was a traitor in some way to her sister. Why wouldn't they want Helenias to know? This was all so confusing. "... I really don't know what I feel."

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 12th, 2003, 02:11:11 AM
"You feel guilty for someone else's actions. Let me say to you, never do so. It's not your fault and by the sounds of it, nothing you could have done would have prevented this surprise. A rather plesant one, if the truth be told. Besides, we all have secrets we don't want to tell until the time is right"

"How old is Natia, and what is she like? Is she an actual blood sister of yours?"

Faith Lerf
Nov 12th, 2003, 03:43:16 PM
Faith nodded. "I know I shouldn't feel guilty, but I can't help it. In a way I feel like I betrayed my sister. But I'm glad things worked out for the best." Faith sighed. "Natia is around 14 or 15. She's very nice and smart. She has taught me a lot. And yes, she is an actual blood sister of mine."

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 16th, 2003, 04:22:38 AM
If you think Xazor or Natia is out there, wait till you get a look at their Patriarch!

But that thought I held to myself. If Marcus wanted to be known to Faith, he would come looking.

Wait on a moment - what if Xazor wasn't the one who had sent the note? What if it was Marcus?

The more I thought of that, the more likely it sounded. Marcus always did have a way of arranging things to look after others. He had done that for me when I had arrived. He had done it for Xazor in the past, for Jina, for Lilaena De'ville. What if this was another of his arrangements?

"You know.... maybe it wasn't Xazor who put this note to me. Maybe it was someone who knows of you and Natia and wants to make sure a sister of Natia is looked after. If that is the case, your sister is in good care, the best even. Well then. What would it be you wish to learn as a Jedi, Miss Lerf?"

Faith Lerf
Nov 18th, 2003, 08:40:14 PM
Faith listened to Helenias. What she said made a great deal of sense. "That's true..." She mumbled as her words faded. She thought for a moment about Helenias' next question. She wanted to be a better person, she wanted to help people. She wanted to make a difference in this universe and she figured this was the best way to do so. She looked to Helenias, a smile spreading across her face. "I want to learn the art of helping people. I want to learn powers that will help me achieve my goal in assisting the needy." Faith cut herself off with a laugh. "I'm sorry, I know that's very broad, but I trust you will teach me what I need to know."

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 21st, 2003, 05:07:13 AM
"That is indeed quite a list of things you would need to learn, Miss Lerf. Too many for any one Jedi, I think, unless you become a Master - because there is more than one way to achieve your aim"

"The question then becomes, how would you come about to help others? Peace and negotiation, or by the way of the sabre?"

Faith Lerf
Nov 21st, 2003, 11:02:07 PM
Faith nodded. "I know, it will take a lifetime to even begin to achieve my goal." Faith almost laughed as Helenias mentioned sabres. Faith had never been much for fighting, the only time she had ever had to use violence in her life was with her escape. "I think peace and negotiation will work best for me, I seriously doubt I will be good with a blade of any sort."

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 24th, 2003, 04:20:31 AM
"Pity" I said, smiling slightly. "I kick several types of <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> with a sabre... or come to think of it any weapon. As it may be, I think you would then do well sitting in with me in Senate committee work. A sore test of negotiation skill, if there ever was one and a place to learn"

Faith Lerf
Nov 27th, 2003, 11:08:29 PM
Faith smiled. Things with Helenias would be very interesting to say the least. "I would really like that. And maybe some of your skill will somehow be shared with me and I might have a chance of being decent with weapons."

Helenias Evenstar
Nov 28th, 2003, 04:54:45 AM
"Oh, I think you will. You might even enjoy weapons training. It keeps you trim and I hear will be great to help lose the kilos of having a baby. A pity really you cant see me right now at my best. A Force Pike is my weapon of choice. I used to fry Jedi with that one in my Imperial days. But....."

Hmmm. This might be a good question.

"... Have you noticed anything strange happening to the way you can use The Force? Has your abilities changed with pregnancy?"

Faith Lerf
Nov 29th, 2003, 10:53:03 PM
Faith smiled. She loved listening to Helenias speak, she just had something about her that Faith was drawn to. "I'm sure that I will need to lose some weight after the twins. I'm gaining so much already." She placed her hand on her stomach as she thought about Helenias' question. Had she noticed anything differently? "Well... not really. I yes and no. I've never been very strong with The Force, since I've had very minimal training. I mean, I know the basics and how to connect in the force, and since the twins, I've noticed that I can connect with another human very strongly... it's funny sometimes."

Helenias Evenstar
Dec 9th, 2003, 02:52:07 AM
"Interesting. Your experience matches mine, except my abilities fo defence have improved markedly. I must check if that's common with other Jedi whom have borne offspring"

Faith Lerf
Dec 10th, 2003, 05:29:26 AM
Faith nodded. "It is very interesting." She looked to Helenias with a smile, she was happy that Helenias was there for her now.