PDA

View Full Version : Half-life.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 29th, 2003, 04:05:43 PM
After a month of my roommates bugging me to play the PC first person shooter Half-life, I finally made room in my schedule to do that.

For one entire hour I pointed and clicked my mouse and shot the bejeezus out my roommates. And I must admit it was kind of cool. I know Half-life is pretty old, but I found it pretty refreshing, seeing as I've never played it before.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 29th, 2003, 04:10:52 PM
Multiplayer FPS is lots of fun. I think you would have loved Battlefield 1942

Charley
Oct 29th, 2003, 08:28:56 PM
Suprisingly, I have yet to play an iota of Half Life.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:16:05 PM
Half-life is not a bad game. It's one of those games that I don't think I could stand to play one player, but would be much better in a multiplayer game.

Rognan Dar
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:18:16 PM
Half-Life is a awsome game, no matter how old it is. There is just something about shooting other people that makes it so fun. I prefure CounterStrike myself. It may be old but its good.

Rena D'sor
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:13:59 PM
I've always thought that the older games are better that the ones that focuse on nothing but graphics.

Haven't played half life though.

Rognan Dar
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:16:18 PM
Graphics are nice, but if you dont have a good game then they arn't worth it.

But most of the new games WITH good graphics are pretty good to. Like Jedi Academy. Looks great and plays great. But thats going into a different topic...

Garrett Blade
Oct 31st, 2003, 08:04:39 AM
I think there are old games from the Snes that are much better than some of the stuff churne dout these days. And the great thing is that you can still get them all brand new on Gameboy Advance/SP - I bought my sister Donkey Kong Country for her birthday and Zelda: A Link To The Past when she first got it in August. They're two great games. If I'd had enough, I'd have gotten her Super Mario World - thats the best mario game ever as far as I'm concerned.

But yeah, I think Half-Life is a spectacular game. I think the leve design is superb, and the scripted events are very effective. And the graphics are quite good if you crank up the resolution from its default.

One of my faverourite FPS's has got to be Doom 64 - I dunno why but I just really like it. I've only ever played the PC versions once before, so it didn't have time to grow on me. But I'm sure if I played it now I'd love it.

Warlock
Oct 31st, 2003, 09:06:23 AM
I liked Half-Lilfe. Completed the first one :D

Originally posted by Rognan Dar
Graphics are nice, but if you dont have a good game then they arn't worth it.

But most of the new games WITH good graphics are pretty good to. Like Jedi Academy. Looks great and plays great. But thats going into a different topic...

Exactly. Just because something looks pretty, doesn't mean it can't have a decent story too :D

Originally posted by Rena D'sor
I've always thought that the older games are better that the ones that focuse on nothing but graphics.

Haven't played half life though.

do you play solely text-based games or are you talking about 8/16-bit stuff?