PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Six 3

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 29th, 2003, 12:00:35 PM
From www.penny-arcade.com
Any Xbox Live account comes with a microphone headset, that much you probably know, and a couple games are starting to use it. There's a SWAT game I read about where you can yell at guys, for example. "Put down those Goddamn muffins!" or something to that effect. In R6, you can use it to give almost any command to your squad - Move, Secure Hostage, even up to the Mack Daddy of all voice commands, "Open Flash And Clear On Zulu." We haven't had many problems with the recognition that Proper English Pronunciation couldn't solve. Voice commands are cool, but they made a decision about how they work that someone should be promoted for.

When you receive a mission briefing - or one of your team members speaks to you - all of that comes through the headset, with the characteristic radio clicks intact. As a person who is always seeking a greater degree of translation into the game world, having props like this is more than just novelty. It's remarkable. The combination of issuing voice commands and having them responded to via the headset as you move through hostile terrain is significant.

That sounds like would be soooo much fun ^_^;

Ka' el Darcverse
Oct 29th, 2003, 12:28:13 PM
they tried this on ps2 with SOCOM, it blew chunks (the elephant) was completely and totally unresponsive, but hopefully RB6 III will do it much better, for one Red Storm entertainment is a top notch studio and Ubi's not too bad either. So here's to hoping!

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 29th, 2003, 12:30:27 PM
the Penny Arcade guys seemed to like it :)

Mortaniuss
Oct 29th, 2003, 12:47:12 PM
The Penny Arcade guys are also a bunch of pretentious asses. But I digress...

I played the multiplayer demo for Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield on the PC, and it was a lot of fun. I hear that RS3 for the X-Box is going to be somewhat different from Raven Shield, though.

Ka' el Darcverse
Oct 29th, 2003, 12:59:54 PM
I used to play RavenShield online, never made it through the whole single player mission was more interested in tactics of multiplayer

Kelt Simoson
Oct 29th, 2003, 03:44:56 PM
Rainbow six games are awsome, im sure Charley agrees. So long as he aint got Max Payne 2 already on his shelf.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 29th, 2003, 03:46:25 PM
I think I've only ever played the first one, but it was a lot of fun, and I can imagine it being entertaining if you had to shout out the commands. Especially if there was a group of you and alcohol was involved :D

Kelt Simoson
Oct 29th, 2003, 03:48:09 PM
Yeah, would be cool, ive aplyed both rainbow 6's and the add on packs, and Ghost Recon, all good games, though i hope R63 is better than GR :\

Ka' el Darcverse
Oct 29th, 2003, 04:32:12 PM
R63 or Ravenshield as it's known to PC gamers is leaps and bounds better than Recon. That said I've played Recon on Xbox and liked it much more than I liked any of the R6 games I've ever attempted to play on console

Charley
Oct 29th, 2003, 08:24:59 PM
I haven't got to play Raven Shield yet :(

I really love RB6 though. I'm so glad that it became the de-facto CQC shooter sim that it is today.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 29th, 2003, 09:38:57 PM
Raven Sheild is a LOT of fun on a LAN.