PDA

View Full Version : Forum email testing.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 29th, 2003, 04:09:14 AM
I have uploaded the script for forum based email. I haven't created email addresses for anyone, but if you have a POP3 or IMAP email server and know the server name, your user name and the PW, you can use the email script.

Those of you that already have @sw-fans.net email addresses can use those. There aren't hardly any features, but this was a free hack script and so easy to install its not funny. Upload a script and walla its good to go.

I suppose if you wanted to keep some kind of address book, you could keep it in the vBPad located in your UserCP.

If people want to use this I have set it up to only allow SWFans Admins, SWFans Mods, and Supporter Accounts, which all of you with preview access have in one fashion or another.

If its liked well enough to be kept, it can be set up to store your servername and mail username in hidden user profile fields.

Forum/Web Based Email (email.php?s=)

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 29th, 2003, 08:42:23 AM
I POPd my yahoo email address. That's neat :)

TheHolo.Net
Oct 29th, 2003, 01:25:55 PM
I need to see if I can reconfigure the templates the email access uses. It is just a bit too cramped for my tastes, but will certainly be handy for me in the future. :)

TheHolo.Net
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:36:09 AM
I am going to leave this feature as is. It will be an unannounced feature included with Gold accounts.

If your account is Gold you should see a "Forum Email" link on the main forum index just above the text title of the board (top left).

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:47:56 AM
Tested for my account and it RULES. I can read my mail on the road finally :D

TheHolo.Net
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:49:37 AM
And I just tested to see if reading it in the forum interface, while not deleting it in the interface, does not remove it from the email server. You can read your messages with it, and then when back on your own PC, download it normally with the application of your preference. :)

For a free hack this is cool!!! I was able to widen the layout quite a bit from the initial setup it had with the addition of some custom templates.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:54:54 AM
That was a free hack? Sweet!

Doing the same with Exchange = cost of Exchange and that's ferocious! Although, a properly set up Web Access for Exchange 2003 is incredible. But shit, pricey and can be a nightmare if things fuck up

TheHolo.Net
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:58:42 AM
Its definately not a fully featured web based mail suite and as such I will not advertise it as a Supporter Feature, but I will include it as one, for myself and those who want to make use of it. :)