PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter Quiditch World Cup

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 28th, 2003, 09:32:26 PM
The game came out today, I probably won't get it till Christmas but it sounds very cool

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/456/456783p1.html?fromint=1

They gave it a great review and it sounds like the game is actually very fun.

Charley
Oct 28th, 2003, 10:36:43 PM
So you ride around...on a broom?

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 29th, 2003, 12:06:47 AM
Well yeah it is like soccer crossed with Basketball on a broom. Though if you don't like the books or movies I wouldn't advise playing the game.

Charley
Oct 29th, 2003, 08:28:14 PM
Of all the games they could've made to cash in on HP, they made this. Wow.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 29th, 2003, 10:36:59 PM
Well they have made both of the first two books into games, and they are actually we working HP and the SS into PS2, X-Box and gamecube. So I say they are milking the books/movies just fine :p

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 1st, 2003, 12:29:12 PM
Do they have lots of students to pick from? It might be interesting then, if it was a bit like the FIFA or Championship manager games. If it's just got canon movie chars it would get boring verrry quickly.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 2nd, 2003, 11:04:07 AM
I really don't know I was curious about that myself they might I have only seen one review and it doesn't talk much about that. It be cool if you could create players and such, I wouldn't mind replacing players like Ron instead of Oliver Wood.

JediBoricua
Nov 4th, 2003, 09:14:53 PM
They have the Hogwart's Tournament, but they also have the World Championship with a number of countries...or so I heard.

Ryla Relvinian
Nov 4th, 2003, 09:59:00 PM
Yep, I got it. :D It's fun.

First, you pick a school team to follow, then you do individual training with each team member, so for example, there are three chaser team challenges, two for the beaters, and one for the seeker and keeper, I believe. Once you win at Hogwarts, you get to watch the world cup, then play it.

When you do certain things, you get "quidditch cards," which unlock moves and locations.

It's actually pretty fun to play.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 5th, 2003, 12:28:31 AM
Question can you substitue players? Was just curious.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 26th, 2003, 10:04:37 AM
I've got it and I agree it is a fun game. A tad easy, though I am strating on the easiest level so it might be harder if you go with Firebolt (which is the hardest) I am playing as Griffendor for now (not sure if I can ever degrade myself and play as Slytherin yuck I might do the other houses though). The graphics are very good, the only thing I am disapointed about is you can't change players or anything or create any players which would have been a neat feature. Still it is a fun game and I recommend to anybody who likes Harry Potter.