PDA

View Full Version : Final Features List

TheHolo.Net
Oct 28th, 2003, 08:26:15 PM
Here is the finalized list of features available to SWFans.Net Supporter Accounts.<ul> Access to several private Supporter Exclusive forums

Specify a Custom Title displayed in the Supporter Exclusive forums for you or someone else

Thread Ratings in the Supporter Exclusive forums

The Ability to start and vote in Polls in the Supporter Exclusive forums

A Private Messaging quota limit of 250 total messages instead of only 100

The Ability to delete posts made with your Supporter account SWFans.Net wide

Shorter time span between multiple forum searches. 5 Seconds instead of 60

Signature image hosting on the SWFans.Net server for 5 sigs per Supporter account

Upload access to the Forum Gallery, single file upload & bulk file upload

The ability to move, delete, and edit your images in the Forum Gallery

10MB storage space in the Forum Gallery

[/list]
More features to possibly be added in the future.

Already on the list for future features:<ul> "Supporter" exclusive styleset selections. (already hacked into vB, we just need some new styles)

Web Based Mail through Supporter Account with vB style Interface.

Newsletter[/list]

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 28th, 2003, 10:13:15 PM
Web Based Mail through Supporter Account with vB style Interface

:eek

If you can wrangle a spam filter in that, you know how hot that could be?????

TheHolo.Net
Oct 28th, 2003, 10:18:22 PM
Spam assassin is already built into the server here, marking most spam quite blatantly.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 28th, 2003, 10:31:14 PM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
Spam assassin is already built into the server here, marking most spam quite blatantly.

:D

My dollars are pledged for certain

TheHolo.Net
Oct 28th, 2003, 10:38:20 PM
Haven't you been using your @sw-fans.net email? If so, then I suppose you just haven't received anything spam assassin marked as spam, because you would know if you had. It makes the original email an attached file and tags something like "****SPAM - This message might be SPAM" all over the subject. :)

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 28th, 2003, 10:48:17 PM
I use that email as my primary business contact. No, never got a message like that. Guess I'm lucky it hasnt been found by spammers yet.

Silus Xilarian
Oct 29th, 2003, 04:46:32 AM
when do we sign up ^_^;

TheHolo.Net
Oct 29th, 2003, 01:23:46 PM
I'm still working on some issues in regard to server side text/html compression for PhotoPost pages. When I can get that working proplerly the preview period will be ending and the Supporter process can start.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 29th, 2003, 02:04:24 PM
(already hacked into vB, we just need some new styles)

I'll get around to another soon. :p

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 29th, 2003, 02:06:44 PM
I think I'll have a go at making one. Not sure if it'll be up to standard, but heck why not :D

Pierce Tondry
Oct 29th, 2003, 08:50:18 PM
I'm interested in trying my hand at this; didn't you say you had a forum template I could get my hands on awhile back, Ogre?

TheHolo.Net
Oct 29th, 2003, 09:02:14 PM
Originally posted by Pierce Tondry
I'm interested in trying my hand at this; didn't you say you had a forum template I could get my hands on awhile back, Ogre?
I think you may have misunderstood me. Working with vB templates is not really that simple a process for someone new to vBulletin. There are over 300 of them. Your best off doing something like LD does. Make a mock page (or several for the different types of views - namely Portal, Forum Home Index, Thread List, and Show Thread) all in a picture and let me see if its possible to reproduce from there.

I just converted one of LDs mock forum images into the new CIZ style today. :)

Pierce Tondry
Oct 29th, 2003, 09:28:35 PM
I don't think it was a vBulletin template, I think it was an image file, or set of image files. Or something. I don't know, I could be wrong.

If I am, I'll just go with the mock page deal.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 29th, 2003, 09:30:41 PM
Yeah, I can make a zip of the standard image set, but there are quite a few in it that we don't use or you wouldn't recognize because I have changed so many.

Okay, here's what to do, I will attach a zip set of the default image files and you can compare them in the standard vB style we have here and then try to discern then from what we have in our other styles.

Zip coming in next post.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 29th, 2003, 09:42:25 PM
Attached is the image set.

Pierce Tondry
Oct 29th, 2003, 09:44:33 PM
*Watches his connection SLURP up the file.*

Thank you, Ogre. :)

TheHolo.Net
Oct 29th, 2003, 10:15:04 PM
I'm still working on some issues in regard to server side text/html compression for PhotoPost pages. When I can get that working proplerly the preview period will be ending and the Supporter process can start.
I have text/html compression at least partially working, so I think we are about ready to start this program up. I'll let preview access go another 24 hours expire it and post a few FAQ and informational topics in here.

Thanks for all the help gang!!

These topics will not be delted, just left here for future refrence and/or ridicule. :)

EDIT: P.S. Those with preview access for the next 18 hours or so, can sign up for a Supporter Account early by following this link if they so wish. The year long subscription and special "Supporter CTs" in all forums, will not begin until the official announcement is made.

Become a Supporter (purchase.php?s=)

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 30th, 2003, 01:47:12 AM
Well I'll be damned. Paypal allows EFT for USA and Aust. Horray, no need for credit card!

(But take 3-4 days to set up. Bummer)

TheHolo.Net
Oct 30th, 2003, 01:55:54 AM
Ahh, I was just going to say that I got your order, but not Paypal confirmation yet. Once I get Paypal confirmation I'll set up your CT. :)

Did the Purchase Form process on this end go smoothly and make sense?

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:04:14 AM
Yes, it did. I had to reactive Paypal account so I hope things work okay. Let me know if they dont please.

Still, that's really good Paypal allows EFT, since that's what i mainly deal with, that should be pointed out somewhere if it isnt already

TheHolo.Net
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:11:40 AM
Paypal recipt verified.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:43:52 AM
Paypal recipt verified.

Ossum! :D

TheHolo.Net
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:36:02 AM
Become a Supporter (purchase.php?s=) Puting this link in an easy place to find again, at the end of the topic....for now. :p

Master Yoghurt
Oct 30th, 2003, 06:21:33 AM
Payment sent, partner! :D

Pierce Tondry
Oct 30th, 2003, 10:29:57 AM
D'oh. Still waiting on my funds. -_-

ReaperFett
Oct 30th, 2003, 11:26:33 AM
You will get my money, but wont be just yet, as I have to execute a cunning plan :)

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 30th, 2003, 11:33:46 AM
We've heard that before ... Baldric! :D :lol

TheHolo.Net
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:48:06 AM
Here is another image set, all zipped and ready. This one is an actual in production set because it is the basis for one of our current styles, though it doesn't include all of the extra elements for the table structure and background, which is okay because that makes it less confusing as a reference.