PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys, guess what?

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 28th, 2003, 05:21:05 PM
I am sitting here trying to do homework and am COMPLETELY UNMOTIVATED!

I have 2 pages of stuff to write on the ethical issues regarding "designer babies," more research than I care to admit, and a rough draft to touch up. And I'm not doing any of it!

Zeke
Oct 28th, 2003, 05:37:44 PM
Hey, that's just like me! Except I'm doing two animations along with my paper. I have a cut-out animation, an animation of emotion, and a paper comparing video game characters to art movements to do. It's like "Whoadey, homework", and I avoid it for another hour before picking at it for maybe five minutes. |I

Azhure Darkstone
Oct 28th, 2003, 05:39:30 PM
I completely understand. Sounds like you need a break - even a real small one.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 28th, 2003, 06:19:49 PM
aahhh, i remember my art institute days

the nights spent working on storyboards, the hours spent in class drawing nekkid people, the days spent in barnes and noble filling my sketchbook full of life drawing, the trips to the zoo, the uncounted hours on the comp in photoshop, the long hours of filling out x-sheets while listening to the same soundbite over and over to get the timing just right, and of course the tequila parties :D

Kelt Simoson
Oct 28th, 2003, 07:26:33 PM
Totaly understand, all us art students are the same eh?

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 28th, 2003, 07:48:33 PM
I'm no artist by any means, but gimme the tequila anyday!!!!:D

Ace McCloud
Oct 28th, 2003, 07:54:21 PM
ah just don't do it. It won't hurt you too bad.

Zeke
Oct 28th, 2003, 08:20:34 PM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
aahhh, i remember my art institute days

the nights spent working on storyboards, the hours spent in class drawing nekkid people, the days spent in barnes and noble filling my sketchbook full of life drawing, the trips to the zoo, the uncounted hours on the comp in photoshop, the long hours of filling out x-sheets while listening to the same soundbite over and over to get the timing just right, and of course the tequila parties :D

Ugh. >_< I'm so sick of walk cycles I could puke. The cut out needs only three more bits done on it, but I can't bring myself to do them. The other animation just needs keyframes by tomorrow at 12, and all that's stopping me from finishing up this paper is a stupid paragraph transition. I wanna sleep, but I can't afford to. |I

Lorani T'sava
Oct 29th, 2003, 11:04:02 AM
I can sympathize completely Wei. I'm supposed to be doing Math right now and I have another Essay I have to write for English. And I'm not doing any of it right now.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 29th, 2003, 11:06:49 AM
We got a 5 page/2000 word essay for english to do over our one week break. I only just started it today, but I got 821 words done, so I'm pretty pleased with myself. More motivated than usual :)

Lorani T'sava
Oct 29th, 2003, 11:11:15 AM
Congrats Dasq. Perhaps you can pass some of that motivation onto me.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 29th, 2003, 11:12:03 AM
noooo way I need all the drive I can get. This is a rare thing for me :mneh

Lorani T'sava
Oct 29th, 2003, 11:18:01 AM
Well, when your done with that motivation, if there's anything left of it, could you pass it onto me please.

Forgot to mention that I finished an Essay yestarday which took me a few weeks to write. And it only had 511 words in it as well.

Abagael Zellan
Oct 29th, 2003, 12:52:17 PM
Whenever I need to get motivated I listen to the James Bond theme song.

Oooh yeah bebe :cool

Zeke
Oct 29th, 2003, 09:00:22 PM
"Midnight Carnival" from the GGXX soundtrack's done the trick for me. Listened to it once and stayed awake all through history, finished my animatic, and now have half my history paper done and most of my cut-out finished. If I can focus, the paper will be done tonight! Otherwise, it'll be done tomorrow.