PDA

View Full Version : ** Swats .....

Pages : 1 [2]

imported_Firebird1
Nov 1st, 2003, 10:16:32 PM
Yes we've mentioned that fact before. I haven't read any of the books, to busy reading DragonLance books I guess.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 2nd, 2003, 04:21:57 AM
You want to put those books down NOW, possibly even burn them, and pick up something Pratchett-y. STAT!

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 2nd, 2003, 05:11:16 AM
I'm reading The Last Continent again, bloody funny stuff.

* Addendum to turkey basting *

I am a much relieved man tonight. Helenias admitted that she found Viggo / Aragorn to be absolute burning hotness.

I'm soooooooo in :D

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 2nd, 2003, 05:14:59 AM
wait... that implies that you look like Viggo

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 2nd, 2003, 05:18:41 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
wait... that implies that you look like Viggo

Maaaaaaaaaybe. Somewhat younger and better washed for certain.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 2nd, 2003, 05:53:38 AM
this thread is getting slightly serious. it's worrying me.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 2nd, 2003, 05:56:44 AM
this thread is getting slightly serious. it's worrying me.

Yeah right, as if you poncy poof.

But what i would like to know is how the hell Legolas can fight at Helm's Deep, not sweat or put a frigging hair out of place. it's not normal.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 2nd, 2003, 05:58:01 AM
There is a logical explanation for this. Aragorn attracts so much grime and dirt, that there is none left for poor Legolas, so he just has to remain totally pristine and intact ;)

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 2nd, 2003, 06:05:23 AM
There is a logical explanation for this. Aragorn attracts so much grime and dirt, that there is none left for poor Legolas, so he just has to remain totally pristine and intact ;)

Riiight. I think it's because he's about as manly as Agent Smith in Priscilla : Queen of the Desert. Besides, the only action Legolas ever gets is with a dwarf! I could understand him trying to stay pretty for hwat bebe like Xazor.... errr... frell, Eowyn......

:: slaps upside of head ::

I hate it when I mistake those names.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 2nd, 2003, 06:09:08 AM
I gave up correcting myself loooong ago.

It's much more amusing to think its Marcus and that any second he is going to whip out a pan and pwn some orcs.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 2nd, 2003, 06:14:07 AM
I gave up correcting myself loooong ago.

It's much more amusing to think its Marcus and that any second he is going to whip out a pan and pwn some orcs.

I'd pay a lot of money to see that. Aragorn smiting Orcs with his mighty pan.... then wedgying Sauron. I was laughing so hard when Kill Bill had a frying pan :D

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 2nd, 2003, 06:16:15 AM
:lol I thought of you when I saw that. She didn't give her a good with it tho, did she?

Is it just me, or is Sunday the worst day of the week?

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 2nd, 2003, 06:20:49 AM
Yeah, she really needs to learn how to pan properly. Hell, Lady Vader knows why you should never go into the kitchen with me about?

Heh, sunday juuuuuust about over here.

ReaperFett
Nov 2nd, 2003, 07:26:46 AM
It's that last day of sitting online in silence before having to go to Uni and then coming home to sit online in silence. I like the day :)

Zeke
Nov 2nd, 2003, 07:54:36 AM

Hell to the yes. This is the last day I have to work on my homework before it's due, and all my homework's a little bit behind. >_<

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 2nd, 2003, 08:34:43 AM
Likewise, and I dont know what else to write to fill up the rest of my 2000 word quota. le suck.

Alpha
Nov 2nd, 2003, 08:36:00 AM
um...You could just BS your way throuogh it? :) That's what gets me by! :D ^_^

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 2nd, 2003, 08:37:19 AM
oh believe me. I'm BSing big time right now. It's verging on Architect level BSing.

Zeke
Nov 2nd, 2003, 09:13:35 AM
BSing can only carry a paper so far though. I've written a history paper that's about 40% BS, and it shows. I'm gonna read back through it and try to dig up some substance from the textbook, or else the teacher's gonna cap me.

Jarek T'chort
Nov 2nd, 2003, 10:15:33 AM
School/college....a distant memory now. :\

Silus Xilarian
Nov 2nd, 2003, 09:46:28 PM
teachers need to respect BS. When i was in English 101, our entire grade (aside from the finals) was determined by the monthly essays we did. We wouldnt know what the subject was til we got to class, then we would have to do the entire essay in class. There was never a real word limit, but more or less how well we got our thought across. The class was and hour and 30 minute minutes long and some people would have to stay over to finish. I was out in 45 mins tops. Usually around 30 mins, and i came out with the highest grade in the class.

Point being....BS really helped my GPA.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 2nd, 2003, 11:27:27 PM
oh believe me. I'm BSing big time right now. It's verging on Architect level BSing.

Comedy GOLD

Figrin D'an
Nov 2nd, 2003, 11:39:36 PM
I had BSing on essays and term papers down to an art form when I was in high school and college. I became so comfortable with and accustomed to that style of writing, that eventually, I HAD to write nearly all papers at the last minute (ie. within 24 hours of being due). I could do the research and organizational work weeks or months ahead of time, but the actual writing had to be done in a single-sitting, all-nighter environment. It was a grace-under-pressure thing, and it was the only way to ensure my best work.

ReaperFett
Nov 3rd, 2003, 02:48:44 AM
Originally posted by Jarek Tchort
School/college....a distant memory now. :\
Me too, and I'm still going! :)

Alpha
Nov 3rd, 2003, 07:40:22 AM
lol. :)

Fig~That's how I am. I dunno why, but it just helps to know that if you don't finish it then, you're screwed. :D

Jarek T'chort
Nov 3rd, 2003, 09:43:53 AM
For English once I had to submit 8 1000 word essays over the course of about 4 months. Me being me, I did'nt bother doing them. Come the last week before GCSE's (like the big exams) I found myself without ANY work to present to the exam board along with my exam papers.

whoops.

So, in over two lessons (2 hours) I wrote all eight essays whilst the teacher was actually begining to mark the classes essays. I actually did it thanks to an enourmous amount of BS and came out with two A's, four B's and two C's.

:)

Shanaria Fabool
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:14:02 AM
It just goes to show that good BS can baffle brains! :)

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:15:48 AM
well, I turned in my paper at 1500 words. Someone who I sit next to did 3000+ :x

Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Comedy GOLD

:smokin

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 3rd, 2003, 02:07:18 PM
There's no room for BS with the sorts of papers I have to write.

Pierce Tondry
Nov 3rd, 2003, 02:14:08 PM
You're in religious studies, right Wei? Is that what most of your papers are for?

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 3rd, 2003, 03:24:01 PM
Originally posted by Wei Wu Wei
There's no room for BS with the sorts of papers I have to write.

Originally posted by Pierce Tondry
You're in religious studies, right Wei? Is that what most of your papers are for?

Oh come ON, there's more BS per square inch in Seminaries :D As long as you dont say Jesus was a poof or that Satan rules, you can get away with shed loads.

I didnt really BS in essays at Uni.... but I did try to be different. I wish I still had a copy of the S.T.E.A.M (Super Train for Eastern Aust Metropolis) viability paper or the F.A.R.T.G.A.S study on bovines.

Hey, the secret to 100% is to stand out and to do it well. Lectureers have hundreds of papers tomark every year and they get bored crapless by the same junk. Give them a laugh. They will most likely reward you :D

Alpha
Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:56:49 PM
I'll remember that. :D Could come in handy

imported_Firebird1
Nov 4th, 2003, 05:09:38 PM
But don't take your BSing too far or you'd be in trouble.

After all BSing is all fun, but only when you have nothing to talk about. After all, if you have something to talk about, why would you BS your paper. Now there is this great place I know of that sells the best bottled water, is that BS, no it's not. It has something to do with bottled water and where they are sold. And it doesn't matter really since all bottled water is filtered tap water. So it's not BSing...

Alpha
Nov 4th, 2003, 08:00:08 PM
ya know, you may be right. ^_^ Sometimes, though, BS is just the most useful when you need to take up a tiny bit of space, once you got the meat of your report done.

Crystal
Nov 5th, 2003, 02:46:08 AM
BLAH!!! Is all I have to say, about everything.

imported_Firebird1
Nov 5th, 2003, 10:55:36 AM
Also I don't BS, I use technicial terms that almost nobody understands!

Now a quick change of topic.

Job hunting and how it sucks these days.

Alpha
Nov 5th, 2003, 05:27:25 PM
Am just getting into the frightening world of looking for a job (in three days, I can actually work for most places), and really sucks...I mean, for most peeps, it's mainly if you're family of the owner. If you are, then you get tyhe job. >_<

Aspara
Nov 5th, 2003, 07:09:57 PM
>.<

Welcome to teh world of crap-tastic-ness!

I spent the majority of a summer looking for a job and only got 2 interviews!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 5th, 2003, 07:14:28 PM
i went to a gas station, bought a six-pack of milwaukees best, and got a free web designing job with it

now charley cant say nothing good comes out of buying the beast :D

oh, and i found out my official title in the company

its 'lead graphics designer' ^_^

Zeke
Nov 5th, 2003, 07:31:38 PM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
i went to a gas station, bought a six-pack of milwaukees best, and got a free web designing job with it

now charley cant say nothing good comes out of buying the beast :D

oh, and i found out my official title in the company

its 'lead graphics designer' ^_^

I wanna hear this story. How'd you get so lucky, s'Il?

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 5th, 2003, 07:33:03 PM
I just went and did my own thing - not doing too badly at present. Rather liking it.

Alpha
Nov 5th, 2003, 09:50:01 PM
my problem is that I'm not quite welled versed enough in ANYTHINg to do my own thing yet...:( Oh well...I will be soon.

Rognan Dar
Nov 5th, 2003, 11:24:44 PM
I'm hoping to get into massage school. But I dont think I am old enough yet. (Hates being underage...)

Alpha
Nov 6th, 2003, 07:31:15 AM
I sympathize Rog! :)

Zeke
Nov 6th, 2003, 08:50:32 AM
I knew a guy who went to a massage school. I dunno how well he did or what he learned; we both moved out to college and I haven't heard from him since.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 6th, 2003, 09:30:04 AM
That kid went to college for half a year and graduated. Last I checked, he was searching for a job. He wanted us to hang out, but I never did get to call him back.

Zeke
Nov 6th, 2003, 11:07:33 AM
'zat so? Hm. A year and a half...jeez...It'll take a minimum 4 for me to graduate. Possibly more, if I should be so unfortunate.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 6th, 2003, 12:53:00 PM
Originally posted by Pierce Tondry

Yes, but I focus mainly on Christianity. What am I saying? All my classes ever focus on is Christianity. But we do have a World Religions course.

BS is where you talk a lot, and say very little. I don't have room for BS when it comes to Christianity.

(A bit late? Yes. But that's what I get for not reading the whole thing!)

Rognan Dar
Nov 6th, 2003, 01:48:32 PM
Originally posted by Zeke
I knew a guy who went to a massage school.

I have asked my Chiropractor(spa?) about it and he thinks that the minimume age to get into the school was 17. But it would take at lest a year and a half to complete it. And thats only on part time classes. So I could finish up highschool and start massage school at the same time. If not, then I'll have to wait untill I graduate.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 6th, 2003, 01:55:16 PM
I wanna hear this story. How'd you get so lucky, s'Il?

i went to the chevron down the street from where i used to live, and went straight for the beast. when i went to pay, this guy said i could cut in front of him, so i nicely took him up on his offer. as i was walking out, he asked if he could get a beer for being so nice - i laughed and said no, then started home. next thing i know he pulls up next to me and asks where im from and what i do; so i tell him im from cali and unemployed, and summarily get a business card handed to me with instructions to call him the next day.

turns out his son is one of the founders of the company i work at now.

i got the job, so i packed up my stuff, put it in my car, and moved to dallas ^_^

Alpha
Nov 6th, 2003, 04:47:59 PM
wow...REALLY lucky!@

Rognan Dar
Nov 6th, 2003, 04:48:56 PM
If only it was that easy for everyone to get a job.

imported_Firebird1
Nov 7th, 2003, 12:53:20 PM
Yeah, I'm waiting for a call back so I can have an interview. I don't know about the rest of the nation, but here in Wichita, KS we keep having the aircraft industry laying off people. I might have to relocate to find a job that I want and can give me experance and time to study for my A+ and Net+ exams.