PDA

View Full Version : LOTR:ROTK Runtime confirm

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 28th, 2003, 01:40:10 AM
Prepare your bladders for a 3 hour and thirty minute cross your legs and hope you dont explode fest. http://www.theonering.net/index.shtml has the latest news as well as pics.

Figrin D'an
Oct 28th, 2003, 02:07:11 AM
I had a feeling that it was going to hit the 3:30 mark. With all that still has to be covered that was left out of The Two Towers, it seemed likely.

I wonder if they'll consider doing an intermission at the 1:45 point. I know I'll stay in my seat even if there isn't one, but on some people, three and a half hours non-stop would be almost impossible to sit through.

JMK
Oct 28th, 2003, 08:06:16 AM
Wow that's long. An intermission wouldn't be a bad idea, but I'm not sure it would happen. Oh well, I'm glad. The more LOTR the better!

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 28th, 2003, 08:16:51 AM
Certainly sez something when fans of the movies are delighted it will be such a bladder torture fest.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 28th, 2003, 08:19:28 AM
Just drop by the toilet before going in and so long as you don't have too large a drink you'll be fine :D

Syriande Blue
Oct 28th, 2003, 08:24:56 AM
It has to be said, that Shelob looks mighty creepy..lol

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 28th, 2003, 08:25:50 AM
Aragog x 100?

Syriande Blue
Oct 28th, 2003, 08:28:05 AM
I would say so :)

Though Aragog has about 500 spider servants a quarter of the size of him, i'd rather take on one big one than 501 lol :)

Darth Viscera
Oct 28th, 2003, 08:51:35 AM
ah nuts :(

I was hoping it would have been longer.

Charley
Oct 28th, 2003, 10:37:01 AM
Hope it eclipses TTT then. I won't mind sitting through it if its consistently entertaining.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:22:54 PM
To me that is not official it is coming from some theater who hasn't even seen the print yet. I still think it will be closer to 3 hours but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Figrin D'an
Oct 28th, 2003, 02:37:21 PM
I can't see it being only 3 hours (that sounds so wrong to say... ONLY a 3 hour film... :lol ). There is too much material to cover yet, even with the Scouring of the Shire being left out completely. New Line supposedly gave Jackson more room to negotiate on running time for the final film, because of the success of the first two and the need to make sure the story is complete (ie. no loose threads).

The only real question I have now is, with a 3:30 theatre cut, will this mean potentially a 4 hour Extended Edition DVD?

Darth Viscera
Oct 28th, 2003, 04:09:42 PM
I hope the EE DVD will be more like 4 hours 30 minutes, seeing as how Jackson left out so much of TTT from TTT.

JMK
Oct 28th, 2003, 04:36:18 PM
That would be INSANE. But I would love it. :rollin

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 28th, 2003, 06:38:34 PM
Originally posted by JMK
That would be INSANE. But I would love it. :rollin

Yeeeeeeeeessssssss.......

FOTR : EE = 3:38
TTT: EE = 3:48
ROTK : EE = 4+?

12 hours of LOTR? Droooooool......

It seems to me there has been less publicity about ROTK, esp compared to TTT. You had a great deal of hype about Helm's Deep and Gollum, but it seems that right now, the hype machine is on low and the makers are just sitting back with little evil smiles and self confidence that everyone will go see it and get their minds blown.

Knowing what Kiwis and Aussies are like, quiet confidence is a very good sign.

Ace McCloud
Oct 28th, 2003, 07:58:47 PM
This is what I'm doing when it opens. Me and a bunch of friends are going to somebodies house, and watching the first and second then going to the 11 oclock showing of it. Omg it will be incredible.

I definatly wont be drinking hardly anything that day. I can't wait.

ADarksideJedi
Oct 28th, 2003, 09:12:21 PM
Well I sat through very long boring movies that I just walked out of I hate when they drag on. Actly there was this part that was not even in the book that druged the movie a bit in the second movie!It was so boring I used it for my bathroom break!:lol
I am looking forward to seeing the third movie and I am not going to even think of the book or I will not like it!It is going to be sad through, I will not say anymore just incase you guys had not read the books but I know I am going to be crying at on certain part!If you want to know pm me and I will tell you don't want to ruin the surpraise for anyone! JM:angel

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 28th, 2003, 09:23:57 PM
Well I am sure they could cut it down, who knows we will see, I don't think that source its offical. I doubt we will hear from New Line until late November on the running time.