PDA

View Full Version : Runway Jury

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:25:19 AM
Anybody else see this? I saw it tonight, one of Grisham better books turned into movies. Really the highlight was the acting firs seeing Hoffman and Hackman in a movie together was great, Hackman was so evil but he was great at it, and I loved their scene in the Bathroom, great acting there. John Cusac was great too as usually and the supporting cast was great. The plot wasn't bad (typical of Grisham's early work) but I still enjoyed it and loved the ending.

Figrin D'an
Oct 28th, 2003, 01:05:40 AM
Runway Jury? Is that about models whom are called in for jury duty?

;)

If I see it, it'll be a rental. Grisham is a decent author, but most of the film adaptations of his books have been a little disappointing, IMO. (Although Hackman was very good in "The Chamber.")

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 28th, 2003, 01:12:56 AM
I'm going to see it I SWEAR, I hope before it hits video. Maybe in the cheaper theatres. ^_^; I love John Cusack.

CMJ
Oct 28th, 2003, 11:09:47 AM
Really good book, but I think I'll wait till video.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:20:24 PM
Well it has some great acting in it, especially from the main three. It is at least worth a rental. I also found it better than all of Grisham films except maybe the Rainmaker, I defintley liked it better than the Firm.

ADarksideJedi
Oct 30th, 2003, 09:02:02 PM
My friends thought it was great I have to go rent it when it comes out or see if my dad could take me to see it when i see him sunday night!What is it rated anyway?Goodbye!JM:angel

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 30th, 2003, 09:34:45 PM
I can't remember I think it was PG-13, there wasn't really anything in it except some foul language (and not that much really) that would give it a R rating.

Ardath Bey
Nov 5th, 2003, 10:44:07 PM
I wanted to see 'In the Cut' today with Revolutions but the showtimes were in my disfavor so I seen Runaway Jury instead. A bit different courtroom drama, like it's title suggests, the jury played a much larger role onscreen in the movie itself.

The film that tackles the issue of guns and gun control controversy from both a moral and an amendment standpoint. Gene Hackman was phenomenal in his role as a powerful attorney serving as an consultant and advisor to the legal defense representing a major gun manufacturer. Hoffman and Cusack are good but it is Hackman that steals every scene he appears in, upstaging everyone in the movie.

A couple of moments in particular come to mind, the bathroom and a scene on a trolley. Hackman demonstrates the fullest of his acting abilities in these gripping scenes along with several others.

Great verbatim in the courtroom and amongst the jury members themselves too. Very eyeopening. However, as the movie unveils itself, motive and believability become questionable and implausible. A must see movie if you are a fan of Grisham or Hackman. But otherwise it is a just good courtroom drama, nothing significant neither a waste of your viewing pleasure.

Pierce Tondry
Nov 6th, 2003, 01:23:21 AM
I read the book about seven years ago and found it well-written predictability.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 6th, 2003, 01:40:19 AM
I read the book about two weeks ago and hated it a lot.G ot to the oint here I skim read the last half to see if there was anything worthwhile.