PDA

View Full Version : A duel for honor(Read note before posting)

Dark Lord Rivin
Oct 27th, 2003, 11:09:56 PM
OOC: This continues from HERE (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=597053) Only those that were in that thread and the Sith Elders are to post please.

IC:

Rivin sits in the middle of the courtyard of the training grounds. Only an hour before had Je'gan given him a formal Chalange. A chalange that will most likely result in major harm to one of them or both.

Je'gen most likely doesn't know what he is getting himself into. Rivin has taken some time off of looking for a Jedi Knight to take the lightsaber from, so he may complete his Knighthood Quest, first to morn the loss of the only person he had ever loved, untill his thoughts were interupted by a conversation that came to the quiet room he had found.

He tolerated the conversation for a while, thinking that people would leave shortly, but they did not. Frustrated and uncustomed with people interupting him on his yearly day of morning and rememberance, he had snaped at them. This is what had lead him to now.

If Je'gan wished to end this with a duel, then so be it. Part of him would love to remove the head of that little twerp. The other part of him wishes that somebody here will stop the fight before it starts.

So now he Sits in the middle of the training field, his thoughts wandering to his lost love, and the people that killed her. He thinks to himself, not trying to protect his thoughts..

Je'gan will never Understand me! Nobody Here will! How can a person get time to themself in a place like this! Even in your own room you get interupted!

He is just like the people that killed Cilina! Quick to temper! Quick to fight! Quick to Jump to conclusions! and Too slow to understanding!

Rivin lets his Anger build, and uses his anger to fuel the force.

Let him come! Let him fall! If he insists to continue with this, I will sympily cut him down as if he were on of Cilina's killers!

The look in Rivin's eyes change from Anger to Pain.

Ohh Cilina! If you were still alive, where would I be today? If only you could tell me who killed you! If only you could deliver to me your killers. If only I could hold you one last time. If only you were not dead.

All Rivin can do now is sit and wait. Wait for ether Je'gan to show or for his thoughts ot consume him.

Warlock
Oct 28th, 2003, 03:17:04 AM
An old figure approaches. In a deep blue cloak, with trimmings of once rich now lack luster gold, he is easily identifiable as Warlock; the somewhat illusive mage, newest of the Sith Elders. His staff, or walking stick as he would call it, was at his side as he approached the young warrior.

“Pride has been the death of many a man,” he said sagely as he passed Rivin by, coming to a halt at a safe distance that would allow him to watch and, if need be, intervene in time.

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 28th, 2003, 07:27:02 AM
A series of footsteps rang loud from a paved walkway to Rivin's left as Je'gan Olra'en approached. His lightsaber hung limp and deactivated in his right hand; a battered dirk in the left balanced it out. The weapon was of limited utility against a lightsaber, but he'd used it many times to good effect, and all in all he trusted it better than the saber he'd taken from Capashen.

Nervous? Most definitely. Memories of Masters Light and Dark flashed through his head, notably Sorsha Kasajian and Satine Capashen. He'd received a terrible beating at Kasajian's hands, and while Rivin was nowhere near her level of power, he was still a good bit stronger in the Force than Je'gan himself. The past hour had been more or less split down the middle between physical stretching and warmups, and mental conditioning to still his fear and use what he couldn't dampen.

He circled Rivin and came to a stop in front of him, assuming a classical Form II stance and activating the emerald-green blade of his lightsaber. Carefully and obviously, he switched the setting from 'high' to 'medium-low'...in other words, it would cause burns but not cut.

"Sith Apprentice Rivin," he said slowly. "En garde."

Dark Lord Rivin
Oct 28th, 2003, 10:32:34 AM
As warlock walks past and speeks to him Rivin looks up and replys quietly...

"Yes, but the Pride of ones honor is worth dying for."

He then hears the foot steps of Je'gan walking towards him. He sences that Je'gan has powered down his sabers. It looks as if this is to be treeted as just another spar. so using the force Rivin powers down his sabers to the same settings as Je'gan's but makes it look like he still has them on full.

He then looks up at Je'gan and says.

"If you insist..."

Rivin does a quick roll to his feet, calling both of his sabers to his hands. As he comes up from his roll he slashes outward with both of his blades trying to catch Je'gan's knees in the middle like paper would be caught with sissors.

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 28th, 2003, 01:31:38 PM
Once Rivin entered his roll, it was down to a bare handful of moves that he could make, all of which were simple enough to counter. The telltale signs were almost instantly apparent to Je'gan, who leapt high above the strike and spun to face away from his opponent as he began to descend. His blade dipped down between the two sabers and flicked them away in a single backslash, even as his heel shot out for a glancing blow to Rivin's chin. He landed behind Rivin and aimed a roundhouse kick for the upper thigh.

Dark Lord Rivin
Oct 28th, 2003, 01:37:30 PM
Rivin sences the kick to comming towards his head, and steps of to his right side to avoid the kick completely. As he moves off to the side Rivin spins slaching his left Blade at Je'gan's head, and brings his Right saber around to block the roundhouse kick.

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 28th, 2003, 01:43:33 PM
Seeing Rivin begin to slash at his leg, and knowing that he couldn't simply stop the kick in the short space of time he had, Je'gan twisted hard with the leg still in contact with the ground, spinning him ninety degrees so that Rivin was on his right, and more or less throwing him into an extremely fast fall.

Je'gan's own lightsaber hooked under Rivin's low strike and let the other blade hum down it almost to the hilt. As he hit the ground, he channeled some of the force of his impact into a 'bunt' that shocked Rivin's sabertip up and over Je'gan's unprotected hand.

The higher strike, the one that had been aimed at his face, sizzled over his scalp and removed the necessity of a haircut for several weeks to come. Je'gan didn't notice.

He rolled towards his opponent's ankles, slashing out with his dirk while warding himself from attack with the lightsaber.

Jezreal Darkshard
Oct 28th, 2003, 02:42:54 PM
Jezreal walked into the sparing room and saw that Je'gan and Rivin had already started their fight, She walked around them and over to where Warlock was standing

Her staff tapped on the ground as she walked, Jez reached Warlock and turned to watch the fight.

Dark Lord Rivin
Oct 29th, 2003, 11:25:52 AM
Rivin lets his right blade move up with the clashing of the sabers, He then spins to his left stepping backwards as he spins, so that he is out of the range of the dirk.

He goes to slash his left saber across Je'gen's hand that is holding the dirk, as he uses the saber in his right hand to smack Je'gan's lightsaber up and off to the side.

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 29th, 2003, 06:10:10 PM
Je'gan jerked his hand back about three inches, and Rivin's blade sizzled into the dirt. He scooted backwards and rolled away to his feet, then instantly pressed his assault with a short sharp lunge. This, however, was a lunge with a difference; disengages. If Rivin attempted to block, the tip of Je'gan's lightsaber would dip less than a handspan and go around the block. If Rivin anticipated that, Je'gan would disengage again and go around that block.

Jezreal Darkshard
Oct 29th, 2003, 09:52:28 PM
"Go Je'gan!" Jezreal shouted as the two battled it out, She turned and faced Warlock "who do you think will win?" She said to the elder that had been silent since She had entered

Dark Lord Rivin
Oct 30th, 2003, 12:42:55 PM
Rivin Steps backwards away from the attack and Je'gan so that he is out of range of the lunge, and force throws Je'gan head first at the wall behind Je'gan, and near where Jezreal and Warlock are standing.

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 30th, 2003, 05:01:17 PM
Je'gan sensed the Force blast coming and decided in a flash of insight to give one of his pet theories a test. Summoning what he knew of the Force and fuelling it with his anger, he tossed a simple Force push of his own at Rivin. The two impacted; Rivin's, it's originator having a far greater experience at this sort of thing, easily prevailed. Still, it was blunted and slowed enough that Je'gan was able to drop into a low stance, one he'd found very effective against Force pushes, and though the blast knocked him over he came to rest short of the wall, which after all was several metres away.

He got to his feet and shook himself viciously, then abruptly accelerated with his own specialty, Force Speed, and closed the distance between himself and Rivin in a split second, launching another disengage-lunge while tossing the dirk underhand for his opponent's chest.

Warlock
Oct 31st, 2003, 08:56:09 AM
Originally posted by Jezreal Darkshard
"Go Je'gan!" Jezreal shouted as the two battled it out, She turned and faced Warlock "who do you think will win?" She said to the elder that had been silent since She had entered

“I don’t know, child. I really don’t know.”

Warlock’s silence was warranted by his respect for the quiet that was needed during a battle, and thus his words were spoken in a hushed tone.

Dark Lord Rivin
Oct 31st, 2003, 11:48:21 AM
Rivin spins forward and off to his left, just in time to only get a small cut in his shirt from the thrown Dirk, and avoids the lunge completely, he takes his spin so that he is at Je'gan's right side and slashing his Right blade low and his Left blade High.

Jezreal Darkshard
Oct 31st, 2003, 02:44:44 PM
Jezreal watched the fight "I really wish they would'nt do this" She said to the Elder "it just seems like their scting like children."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 31st, 2003, 03:41:20 PM
Gripping his saber two-handed and more or less upside-down, Je'gan stopped Rivin's low slash dead while ducking under the high cut. He stepped in quite close; then, in a short, sharp motion, he brought his weapon's hilt up to slam into Rivin's jaw.

Dark Lord Rivin
Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:52:08 AM
Rivin moves to back away as Je'gan comes forward, the hilt just clipping his face but not enough to slow him down, He drops in to a backward roll, rolling back up to his feet at the end. Durring the roll He turns off his right saber and clips it to his belt. When he is back on his feet, he casts out his Right hand at Je'gan sending as steady streem on Dark force lightning a Je'gan.

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:52:08 PM
Lacking the time to wonder how Rivin had learnt Force Lightning, Je'gan began to catch the leaping tendrils on his lightsaber's blade, or at least as many as he could. Some made it through, though, burning and scarring his clothes and skin, and he dropped to his knees in pain.

His hand came to his head, a reflexive gesture of focus, and mentally he attacked Rivin. Concentration on anything as complex as Force Lightning would be hard for anyone with their mind being assailed, but for someone as comparably low-level as Rivin, it should be impossible to keep the stream of lightning going.

Dark Lord Rivin
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:05:14 PM
Rivin Drops the lightning, and sets his mind to put up his mind defences. Though as Je'gan is in his mind for few moments he can see that Rivin is feading on the Rage that he has for being interupted from his yearly day of mourning for his long lost love. He also can se that Rivin's Mind is more complex than most, and nothing Like the hateful Sith that he lets others see him as.

After locking out his mind Rivin then uses the force to try and throw Je'gan's lightsaber away from his painfuly burned body, to the other side of the training grounds.

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:10:25 PM
Je'gan felt the saber ripped from his hand, but didn't care in the slightest. He was intent on his invasion of Rivin's mind.

For a second, then two, he simply knelt there, not advancing his grip on the other Sith's psyche. Finally he stood up...

And bowed. Deeply, with regret written all across his face. His dirk slipped back into its sheath as he straightened.

"I'm sorry," he said, the uncomfortable and unusual words oddly easy to say. "I...acted without thought."

Dark Lord Rivin
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:16:10 PM
This Caught Rivin by suprise..... But Rivin deactivates both of his sabers and clips them to his belt. Not sure if this is just a trick to bring his guard down, or if he is ending the fight, Rivin steps back and waits to see if Je'gan will give more of an explanation.

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:20:27 PM
Je'gan hesitated, aware that Rivin's pain was personal and perhaps not something he should talk about with others present.

He pitched his voice low enough that only his erstwhile opponent could hear.

"I felt your pain, Rivin. I felt your loss.

"All those close to me are dead too.

"I'm sorry."

Dark Lord Rivin
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:27:07 PM
Rivin nods and gives a slight bow to Je'gan understanding what was being said.

"Then if you do not want to finish the fight, may I leave now?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:30:02 PM
"But of course," Je'gan replied, bowed once more, and joined Jezreal on the sidelines.

Dark Lord Rivin
Nov 3rd, 2003, 05:33:15 PM
"In that case, Have a good day."

Rivin turns and goes to walk away. But he does not leave the grounds.

He walks over to a tree in the corner, and with a single jump, he is in the tree, and near the top branches. Rivin goes to take a seat in a branch and goes to watch and listen to the others.

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 4th, 2003, 01:28:36 PM
Jezreal ran up to Je'gan "are you ok Je'gan?" She asked with a look of concern.

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 5th, 2003, 09:25:52 AM
Je'gan took a slow breath in and out, then looked to the girl.

"Just fine, Jezreal. Just fine."

He shook his head. "A bit tired, but no damage."

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 5th, 2003, 04:48:44 PM
Jezreal smiled "do you need any help at all?" She asked him since she was still worried about him.

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 6th, 2003, 05:02:06 PM
The Sithling grimaced, more out of discomfort than anything. "No, no, I'm just fine. And that's not machismo speaking; I could have beaten Rivin without dying myself."

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:36:12 PM
Jezreal looked at the ground "Well I think it was rather foolish of you two to just jump into a fight where one of you could have gotten killed."

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 7th, 2003, 03:55:59 PM
"It's who I am," he replied hesitantly. "I'm a Sith, yes...but I haven't been able to rid myself of honour or of chivalry." Je'gan chuckled, his voice hollow. "How many people nowadays know what chivalry is? Not a lot, I'd wager. It's an old and outdated idea, even I see that. The most dangerous people I ever faced were women. And yet it remains in me."

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 7th, 2003, 05:06:00 PM
Jezreal smiled "well it can be a good thing I guess" She said as he looked up from the ground.

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:55:59 PM
He met and held Jez's gaze. "Good in making friends...name one other thing it's good for, I dare you."

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:34:36 PM
Jezreal opened her mouth but since she didnt have an answer she closed it

"well, I'm sure Its good for many things" She said with a weak smile "I just cant think up any at the moment."

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:51:25 AM
"How marvellously Sith-like of you," Je'gan said drolly, sweeping an elegant bow. "Oh, but wait. I just thought of something. What if someday I enter politics? Manners are everything, you see." He chuckled. "Not going to happen, you know. I'm a Sith, I'm a Rimworlder, and my knowledge of political processes is limited to the ideologies that are alternately supported and put off to the side. As an aristocrat I'm useless." A deep sigh escaped him.

"I find that I'm still a little worked up. Care to join me for a spar?"

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 10th, 2003, 02:12:35 PM
Jezreal laughed at what Je'gan said about being a politician but she frowned when He asked to spar

"I dont know" She said as she looked at Her staff "Its not easy fighting an armed man as talented at fightinh as you with a staff"

The staff was a shiny silver color and it caught the light as Jez moved it around in her hands "I think you could easily beat me, I use it mosty to defend myself from stupid people who think I'm just a defencless little girl."

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 10th, 2003, 05:01:18 PM
"And I'm not taking a lightsaber up against a staff," Je'gan replied. "Here, I'll make it more fair for you. Your staff," he tapped the sheath at his belt, "against my dirk. How's that?"

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 10th, 2003, 05:50:00 PM
Jezreal looked at his dirk I still think he can beat me she thought "oh well, I might as well try" She said with a weak smile

Jez walked to one end of the sparing area She took her cape off and placed it on a bench

She swung her staff around in her hands before turning to look at Je'gan while pushing some of her blue hair away from her eyes "im ready now."

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 10th, 2003, 09:24:37 PM
Je'gan flicked the dirk from his belt and held it loosely, backhand. He projected an air of nonchalance as he took a few steps towards her, then abruptly struck with the speed of a biting snake, slashing for the young woman's head.

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 10th, 2003, 10:31:47 PM
Jezreal ducked down under Je'gan's attack, She swung her staff at his legs trying to knock them out from under him.

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 11th, 2003, 09:57:24 AM
A hair too late and too overbalanced, the staff cracked Je'gan across the shin and he tripped. His fall forward, however, turned into a sideways roll and a sweeping kick for Jez's midsection.

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 12th, 2003, 02:02:01 PM
Jezreal brought her staff around at amazing speed so that Je'gan's foot hit her staff instead of her.

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 12th, 2003, 05:10:02 PM
Je'gan hit the dirt hard and rolled to the side, coming up into a crouch before leaping at Jez with his dirk ready to parry pretty much anything that came at him. His actual strike, he'd have to decide in the heat of the moment; his arsenal contained a stunning variety of punches, kicks, slaps, grabs and throws, and their suitability depended on how Jez responded.

Zachariah Jak'el
Nov 12th, 2003, 06:30:33 PM
please delete

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 12th, 2003, 06:33:32 PM
Jez dived to the side to avoid Je'gan, she stood up and turned to face Je'gan with her blue eyes

she smiled at him while she waited for his next move.

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 13th, 2003, 09:34:46 AM
Je'gan grinned himself, making a few thrusts with his dagger. None of them were intended to actually hit, but the way in which he struck made it seem that way.

Quick as a flash, he spun on his forward heel and snapped out a back-kick for Jez's midsection.

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 13th, 2003, 02:33:02 PM
Jezreal had been to busy with Je'gan's fake attacks to stop his main attack, It hit her in the stomach and knocked her backwards

She held her staff in one hand and her stomach with the other, Jez looked at him and gribed her staff with both hands

She swung her staff at lightning speed in a downward hit toward Je'gan's left shoulder.

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 13th, 2003, 07:43:25 PM
Continuing his spin forward, Je'gan dropped into a low sweep for Jez's legs.

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 14th, 2003, 04:23:00 PM
Jezreal's had put to much power into her attack and was unable to stop Je'gan's, She fell to the floor with a thud

She grabed the head of her staff the thrusted the butt of the staff at Je'gan's stomach.

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 14th, 2003, 04:29:13 PM
Coming around in the spin's last rotation, the stafftip caught Je'gan more or less full force in the stomach. The Sithling coughed and batted it to the side, then leapt up and launched himself at the fallen girl.

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 15th, 2003, 12:05:32 AM
Jezreal rolled to the side to avoid Je'gan, She swung her staff at the back of his legs.

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 15th, 2003, 11:07:33 AM
The staff caught him reasonably hard, but as he was already going in the same direction as Jez's swing it didn't hurt quite as much as it should have. He hit the ground and rolled towards her, grabbing and hooking away the staff with one of his feet while punching at her throat.

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 15th, 2003, 01:55:42 PM
Jezreal brought her arms up to block his attack, She rolled away from him and got to her feet

She sighed as she realized she had left her staff on the ground next to Je'gan

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 15th, 2003, 01:59:11 PM
Je'gan stood, picking up the staff and tossing it to Jez.

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 15th, 2003, 03:38:09 PM
Jezreal cought the staff and held it infront of herself I dont know how much longer i can hold out she thought as she watched Je'gan He dosnt even looked tired and here i am exuasted

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 17th, 2003, 09:30:19 AM
In point of fact, Je'gan was tired; only several years' worth of self-control exercises kept his fatigue from his face. Two duels, one after the other...it had left him rather sapped.

"Thank you," he said, bowing slightly and re-sheathing his dirk. "You fought well, Jez."

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 17th, 2003, 02:01:18 PM
Jezreal managed a weak smile as she leaned on her staff "you fought well Je'gan."

Dark Lord Rivin
Nov 17th, 2003, 02:29:50 PM
A slight clapping sond can be heard from the tree that Rivin jumped into.

"Both of you fought well!" Rivin says as he jumps out of the tree, and starts to walk back towards the two of them.

"You both still nead pratice, but it is clear to see that Both of you are skilled with you weapons."

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 17th, 2003, 04:52:19 PM
Je'gan retrieved his lightsaber, hand massaging his temples to avert a slight headache brought on by his intolerance for Rivin's attitude. Higher-level than either of them the man might be, but still...

"Thank you, Rivin," he said pleasantly.

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 17th, 2003, 10:06:09 PM
Jezreal turned to face Rivin whats he still doing around here she thought as she gave him a fake smile "thank you Mr. Rivin."

Dark Lord Rivin
Nov 19th, 2003, 05:41:27 PM
Rivin nods to both of them...

"While I was watching the two of you fight, I was also thinking. An I too am sorry for how I reacted earler. I am not acustomed to being around many people, and I guess I was more frustrated with the fact that I could not find quiet wherever I went.

I hold no Ill will ageinst ether of you, and I hope that the two of you will forgive me for my behavour."

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 19th, 2003, 05:53:23 PM
Je'gan nodded instantly. He'd been inside Rivin's skull; for a moment, he'd been the older Sith. He knew that what Rivin was saying was sincere.

"Of course."

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 19th, 2003, 06:01:56 PM
Jezreal looked at Rivin for moment trying to decide if Rivin was infact telling the truth "I hold no ill favor against you" She said not sure if she ment it or not.

Dark Lord Rivin
Nov 19th, 2003, 06:22:37 PM
"Again I am sorry... And I still have much to think about. So if you need me in any way.... I shall be in my room. If I am not there you may contact my comm unit."

Rivin resites the obscure frequency for his comm number, then turns and walks out of the Training Field Back to his room.

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 20th, 2003, 02:56:20 PM
Je'gan met Jezreal's gaze before a tired sigh burst from his lips.

"He's an ally," he muttered to himself. "Rivin's an ally..."

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 20th, 2003, 03:45:45 PM
Jezreal sighed also "how can we know that he's not just trying to pull something on us" She said as she walked over to Je'gan "He might have some weird plan to make us suffer just because he wants to."

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 20th, 2003, 06:29:32 PM
"Oh, come now, Jezreal," Je'gan responded. An air of cynicism covered him. "One must have greater faith in one's allies than that...

"All discussions of good and bad aside, though...I don't supposed you would have sensed it from your viewpoint, but I wasn't just standing there. I was inside his skull, and I fought him there.

"And I saw why he is how and what he is. It's not my place to talk of it, but let us say that anger is not the only emotion a Darksider feels. He was not in perfect control of himself. He had his reasons.

"That's one explanation, and to me it's the one that makes the most sense. The possibility you suggest..." He trailed off. "I highly doubt that he means anything of the kind. If he does, however, I would have no compunction at all in challenging him again, this time with live blades."

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 20th, 2003, 07:32:10 PM
Jezreal looked at the ground "well if you say he's nice then I believe you Je'gan" She said as she thought over all that Rivin had said to them today "I just have a hard time beleiveing a guy could chanfe his whole attitude toward us in an instant."

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 22nd, 2003, 08:19:09 AM
"In all honesty," Je'gan admitted, "I don't know what to think. That's a good point. It did seem a trifle quick, didn't it."

He shrugged briefly. "Let's just let him go about his business. I'm tired of psychoanalyzing him. All I really know for certain is one, that he did have a cause for his earlier behaviour, and two, if he's toying with me I'm going to respond in kind..."

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 22nd, 2003, 03:23:27 PM
"Well I guess we could just give him the benefit of the doubt" Jez said with a sigh "I just hope he isnt playing us."

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 24th, 2003, 04:54:27 PM
"Time will tell, time will tell. In the meantime..." Je'gan clapped the girl on the shoulder. "Work on that staff a little, and maybe think about learning the lightstaff, and you, my dear, could be a very nasty opponent. Throw in some Force manipulation, and you could fight Rivin with almost even odds."

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 25th, 2003, 11:52:50 PM
"you really think so" Jez said with a smile "but, what is a LightStaff?"

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 26th, 2003, 01:29:18 PM
"Yes, I do think so. A lightstaff," he explained, "is a lightsaber with two opposite blades."

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 26th, 2003, 09:43:44 PM
Jezreal nodded her head "oh, I've heard of those" She said "I've just heard them called double lightsabers and not lightstaff

but it sounds difficult to use" Jez said as she looked at her staff "and I've never used a lightsaber at all, I might want a normal saber before I use a lightstaff."

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 27th, 2003, 07:58:29 AM
Je'gan scratched his chin thoughtfully. "Everything I've read on the subject says two things: one, that it is difficult to learn, but two, that it uses a far different technique from your average lightsaber. You, knowing how to use a staff, might actually have an advantage starting off with a lightstaff, over someone-like me, or like Rivin-who is exclusively a saberist."

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 27th, 2003, 02:46:54 PM
Jezreal noded her head "you might be right" She said taping her staff on the ground "But it would still be a hard thing to learn to do even though I have experience with a staff."

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 27th, 2003, 05:22:19 PM
"Very. For one thing, you can't grab a lightstaff by its end. For another, if anything beyond the grip hits you when you swing, you're cooked by your own weapon.

"But yeah. You'd do well learning the lightstaff." He glanced up at the sky, where a light rain was beginning to fall.

"I think I'd better be going now..."

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 29th, 2003, 02:38:37 PM
Jezreal blinked her eyes as a drop hit her nose "We better get out of here before it starts pouring" She said as she started walking over to the Training ground exit.

Je'gan Olra'en
Nov 29th, 2003, 06:19:19 PM
"Yeah...good luck," he said, heading in another direction.

"And don't let Rivin get to you!' he shouted back over his shoulder.

Jezreal Darkshard
Nov 30th, 2003, 03:46:46 PM
"Ok" She shouted back at him "see you later Je'gan."