PDA

View Full Version : No Surprise!! (LMFAO)

TheHolo.Net
Oct 27th, 2003, 03:48:53 PM
A PM I just got:
Tercia Atroce wrote on Today 02:43:01 PM:possibility of a merge

I'm a member of starwarsrpg.net, and have been for over a year. I've been throwing around some ideas with other members about the possibility of moving the characters to fans en mass, through some kind of roleplay. We basically think it's come to this because our community is dying - the amount of posts per day is pathetic in comparison to this board.

Understandably, many of us would not want to take the matter any further if each character's rank comes into question. For example if a Knight decides to make the move, would he have to begin again as an Apprentice?

I'd appreciate it if you kept this matter low-key for now, as the general discussion has been conducted over IM and away from boards.

-Keagle.My reply:
www.starwarsrpg.net's founding members originally left our site to start their own community about a year ago. What you are proposing is something that would need to be discussed with our community enmasse. Even though you have concerns I suggest an OOC topic. It is not something I would decide on my own. (rank issues)

ReaperFett
Oct 27th, 2003, 04:50:24 PM
Can I just ask that if this thread does go forth in OOC, anyone posting just to be arsey about SWRPG gets treated harshly? Behind closed doors it is funny(Heck yes:)), but I don't think we should publicly look like that.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 27th, 2003, 04:52:59 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
Can I just ask that if this thread does go forth in OOC, anyone posting just to be arsey about SWRPG gets treated harshly? Behind closed doors it is funny(Heck yes:)), but I don't think we should publicly look like that. I completely agree.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 27th, 2003, 05:31:35 PM
Wow... :) Looking forward to the thread...sort of. :uhoh

Mortaniuss
Oct 27th, 2003, 05:39:32 PM
(snicker)

I really need stuff like this to satisfy my sadistic side, every now and again.

imported_Eve
Oct 27th, 2003, 06:43:25 PM
Awwww cmon. I wanna tell em I TOLD YOU SO really big like, then spit at their feet, then maybe kick em when they're down.

DAMN.

Anyone done an IP check on this person?

TheHolo.Net
Oct 27th, 2003, 06:46:21 PM
I think he might be new. The IP is British.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 27th, 2003, 06:47:01 PM
Keagle joined a few months back. Vega knows him, welcomed him warmly. I didn't run an IP check on him. (he's playing a fem character here)

imported_Eve
Oct 27th, 2003, 06:51:23 PM
Well as much as I hate the webmaster bastards over there, there isn't anything we can really do if they move here. None was banned (I think), and people are free to join anytime.

I feel like if CERTAIN people come back we should have a talking to them, behind closed doors. This place has been so much better since they have been gone.

Of course, we put up with less bullshit than before...

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 27th, 2003, 06:53:55 PM
Their website has a lot of flash on it, or something. It's really shiny looking.

But I love ours better. :)

imported_Eve
Oct 27th, 2003, 06:55:59 PM
Oh I'll get us hooked up with flash...

Mortaniuss
Oct 27th, 2003, 06:56:19 PM
Color me cynical, but I'd honestly be a bit surprised if they didn't "borrow" their stylesets from somewhere else.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 27th, 2003, 07:03:45 PM
They buy all of their style sets from vbskins and most of them look like ass in Mozilla.

imported_Eve
Oct 27th, 2003, 07:05:12 PM
Yeah that one is a Vb Design. Copyright lower right.

Mortaniuss
Oct 27th, 2003, 07:21:10 PM
The Nexus skin looks kind of neat. Sort of similar to something I had in mind to make, whenever I get around to it.

TheHolo.Net
Oct 27th, 2003, 07:55:33 PM
Almost all of the styles they have implemented there look poor when viewing threads in Mozilla style browsers. I would never pay for a style that wasn't completely multi-browser supportive.

Sanis Prent
Oct 27th, 2003, 08:04:32 PM
So those fucks want to come crawling back?

Crawl on over here and kiss my feet, first.

ReaperFett
Oct 28th, 2003, 11:26:53 AM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
So those fucks want to come crawling back?

Crawl on over here and kiss my feet, first.
At what stage was anyone "crawling back". They never left.