PDA

View Full Version : Intolerable Cruelty

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 27th, 2003, 02:52:17 PM
I just went to see this last night, and the Coen (Cohen?) brothers have done it again. I don't know what it is about them, and George Clooney, but Intolerable Cruelty is a *great* movie. The soundtrack is catchy as well, I think I'll have to hunt it down.

Catherine Zeta-Jones practically sizzles off the screen as she plays the conniving vixen who only marries for the money she can get in the divorce. Clooney is hilarious as the best divorce lawyer in the country. His facial expressions are worth a thousand words.

The part in the end with Wheezy in Clooney's house was so hilarious that I think I laughed for five minutes after it was done.

Has anyone else seen this movie? :)

CMJ
Oct 27th, 2003, 02:58:18 PM
I love the Coen brothers....but I haven't caught it yet. Hopefully I will soon, or I might just wait till video/DVD.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 27th, 2003, 03:41:05 PM
I haven't seen it, but the trailer made me think of old Howard Hawks comedies like 'Bringing Up Baby' (seems like these are becoming popular again... what with 'Down With Love' being released too). Might stop in and check it out if I can find a non-male action-movie friend to go with :)

Helenias Evenstar
Oct 28th, 2003, 01:02:32 AM
I loved it! But I had to go see it by myself, which wasn't so good.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 28th, 2003, 01:11:56 AM
That sucks! I got my boyfriend to go and he liked it.

Ardath Bey
Oct 28th, 2003, 01:12:41 AM
Someone I know who is a great admirer of Coen Brothers films and who is not fond of romantic comedies the least bit, loved it. But maybe there is alittle biased opinion there yet he said it is an exceptional romantic comedy and was downright funny, clever film.

ReaperFett
Oct 28th, 2003, 11:22:49 AM
I might go see it, depends what else is out (The joys of going alone, you never have to convince others:)).

Ardath Bey
Nov 1st, 2003, 10:09:03 PM
Come wednesday, I will probably see Intolerable Cruelty with The Matrix Revolutions. Unless something else is available.

Syo
Nov 2nd, 2003, 01:16:40 AM
I disliked the movie, the entire middle seemed to drag and was all about forced appeal. We are suppose to marvel at the forced chemistry of Jones and Clooney I guess because they are big stars, no thank you.

Marcus Telcontar
Nov 2nd, 2003, 04:47:19 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
That sucks! I got my boyfriend to go and he liked it.

You couldnt pay me enough to suffer crap like this movie :x

Ardath Bey
Nov 2nd, 2003, 02:28:26 PM
I might see In The Cut instead. Bubba Ho-Tep, Elephant, and Bus 174 are all playing in select theatres beyond any feasible driving distance. Gus Van Sant's movie may be too much yet it sounds compelling.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 2nd, 2003, 10:59:44 PM
Hey, wow, that has so much to do with the movie I started the thread about. :)

Ardath Bey
Nov 3rd, 2003, 01:21:54 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Hey, wow, that has so much to do with the movie I started the thread about. :)

lol ::stands guilty of hijacking:: :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 3rd, 2003, 01:27:32 PM
Anyway, Mark, you really shouldn't allow your wife to see movies alone. TSK TSK.

I can't believe you called it crap and you haven't even seen it.

Pierce Tondry
Nov 3rd, 2003, 01:32:53 PM
I have no real desire to see this movie, but I might watch it if it comes on cable somewhen or other.

I basically see this movie as a chick flick comedy with no overarching paradigm to it. Being as I am not secretly in love with either CZJ or GC, I don't see anything specifically appealing about it.