PDA

View Full Version : The Path of Light

Sai
Oct 27th, 2003, 10:11:52 AM
A young man stepped quietly through two large doors, leading him to the beginnings of the Greater Jedi Order. Light pooled in from behind him as he made his way in, his feet clacking lightly, methodically, one step at a time.

Raven black hair cascaded down his back and over his shoulders, black as night with a hint of deep blues when the light hit it just right. His face, clean shaven...a rather perfect complection. His eyes gleamed an iradescent shade of blue. He was wearing a few simple robes he had adorned himself in before taking his long journey from his home planet.

He kept his hands concealed inside the sleeves of his robes, his fingers intertwined.

Taking a solitary breath he sighed, he wasn't used to announcing himself...it had always been done for him back home...this entire thing was a new experience, but the young man new it was the right decision to come to this place.:.

"..."

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 27th, 2003, 10:26:20 AM
“Good day, sir.”

A welcoming smile was afforded to the man as a figure approached him, head bowing momentarily in greeting.

“Welcome to the Greater Jedi Order. I am Jedi Knight Dasquian Belargic. Can I help you with something?”

Sai
Oct 27th, 2003, 10:34:56 AM
"Hello...thank you for the welcome."

.:Sai thought for a moment and continued.:.

"I...I'm new to this...um, I'm sorry this is just very different for me. I'm not used to speaking for myself. I was hoping to speak to someone such as yourself Sir Belargic, about joining the Greater Jedi Order."

.:Thinking quietly to himself, Sai realised now he would have to learn how to announce himself, no longer would it be like it was on Wynjin, his home planet.

Sai smiled and ran his fingers gracefully back through his hair, revealing two elf like ears.:.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 27th, 2003, 10:36:25 AM
The Knight nodded, his smile remaining in the hopes that it would make the apparently timid man feel more at ease.

“I see, and why have you decided to join the Order? What has lead you to wish to become a Jedi?”

Sai
Oct 27th, 2003, 10:45:58 AM
"My grandfather was a Jedi at one time, of whom I am named after. I've known him to be a wise man, kind and just. When it was suspected that I to shared an affinity to the force, much like he did, it was decided that I should seek out wise council, so that the force that is suspect to flow in me would remain without taint.

I agreed and decided to give up the life I thought I would lead.
Truthfully, I don't even know if the force is in me...I came in hopes of direction."

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 27th, 2003, 01:05:56 PM
“And you will find that here.

Tell me… what is it that you understand we as Jedi do?”

Sai
Oct 27th, 2003, 01:09:13 PM
"I've met many diplomats, keepers of the peace and so on in the past few years. When I was younger, the Jedi Seemed almost like Champions, Paladins even. But, I don't know if that's quite the right idea as of late.

My best thought on what the Jedi do, would be guardians, perhaps. Protectors, emissaries maybe. Or, maybe I'm looking to deeply into it..."

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 27th, 2003, 01:12:06 PM
“That is one definition of a Jedi, yes. While we are diplomats, we must also face dangers outside of discussion. We may not all be warriors, but this does not mean evil will stalk us any less fiercely. As a Jedi, you must be prepared to face the dangers of the world, sometimes head on. It is not an easy life.

Do you believe you could live like this?”

Sai
Oct 27th, 2003, 01:21:41 PM
It is not an easy life.

As a Jedi, you must be prepared to face the dangers of the world, sometimes head on.

Do you believe you could live like this?

.:Those phrases spiraled around in his head, he though carefully and listened intently. All he'd known was comfort, all that would change now. Life would change.:.

Do you believe you could live like this?

"Yes. I do."