PDA

View Full Version : Pode and/or I must be in very bad standing with God

Darth Viscera
Oct 26th, 2003, 03:11:35 PM
Pode: I think I'll go to California on November 2nd.

Me: Hmmm, tacos, tasty half-nude chicks walking about on Santa Monica beaches, I think I'll go to California on November 2nd.

God:'Ere, not so bloody fast! (http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/10/26/california.wildfire/index.html)

I must be bad luck. Or better yet, Pode is bad luck.

Ryan Pode
Oct 26th, 2003, 03:12:54 PM
No! Bad! You can't blame this on me. Its soooo your fault. Maybe you should have gone to church or something.

Darth Viscera
Oct 26th, 2003, 03:15:54 PM
It's not my fault I don't go to church! It's all creepy and cultish up in that piece.

Ryan Pode
Oct 26th, 2003, 03:19:23 PM
Sounds like a personal problem.

Btw. If you are interested Monday, the third (i think, I'll update it as I remember) We will be playing somewhere in disney in the morning. And we will be marching in the parade at 7.

Darth Viscera
Oct 26th, 2003, 03:24:48 PM
On both days, I will most likely be hunting down taco vans. I am a taco connoisseur.

imported_Firebird1
Oct 27th, 2003, 12:28:57 AM
Taco Vans are normally found in their urban surroundings though, so when do we go hunting?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 27th, 2003, 04:15:57 AM
That picture in that article is amazing. My sister lives down there, I'm not too worried about them because the fire 'threatening' them is about two cities away, but still. Scary stuff.

Hey anyone seen Rie lately? :eek :)

Salem Ave
Oct 27th, 2003, 06:43:29 AM
I thought about her as soon as I heard it on the news :\

Lldian Sorve
Oct 27th, 2003, 07:22:23 AM
Me also, hope shes cool :\

ReaperFett
Oct 27th, 2003, 07:29:10 AM
I'm sure she is fine. Where in Cali is she roughly?

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 27th, 2003, 09:25:06 AM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
It's not my fault I don't go to church! It's all creepy and cultish up in that piece.

What sort of churches have you been to? I mean, I've been to plenty of churches where I felt uncomfortable, but I never thought them creepy or cultish.

And also, what do you mean by "cultish"? Things that are cultic generally have to do with how a religion worships and the worship services is conducted.

Making burnt offerings is a cultic practice. Singing hymns is a cultic practice.

Darth Viscera
Oct 27th, 2003, 10:31:19 AM
Well, my first memory is of being in a really huge church (cathedral maybe?) in Houston at the age of 2 along with thousands of people, who were chanting or singing or something. It scared me half to death.

I mean, imagine if your first memory was of one of the Nuremberg rallies. Scary stuff. I'm not equating going to church with going to the Nuremberg rallies, but to a 2-year old it's just as weird.

My second memory was of my 3rd birthday, there was a huge party at my house, and everyone had gathered around me to sing happy birthday, so I promptly ran and locked myself in the den. Nutters. What were they trying to do, give me a heart attack? Yeesh.

And as for taco vans, I will search wherever I have to in order to sample my tacos. Remember Homer when he was having his dream about chocolate?

AmazonBabe
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:15:54 PM
Hey anyone seen Rie lately? :eek :)

You love me! You really really love me! ^_^

I'm actually ok, and waaaaaaaaaaaaay far from the fires. Each is about 60 or 80 miles from where I am, so I'm cool for the most part. And if the fires threaten us, all I have to do is press the big red button and blow up the peninsula where I live and make it into an island and become president of said island and rule with an iron fist! :p

But thanks for thinking of me. :)

(I'm gonna see if I can draw up a map to show you roughly where I am.)

YO VISC! You said you're coming on Nov 2nd? Is it still on or are you holding back because of the gigantic flames?

AmazonBabe
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:40:41 PM
I'm surrounded! :eek ^_^;

Dan the Man
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:43:11 PM
You can always drive down the hill to the beach though. That, or sit it out in your house, since most of the thing is sunk into the hill.

AmazonBabe
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:55:18 PM
This is true. Though sitting it out in my house might get a bit hot. :x

I could always dive off the cliff and be safe in the water... assuming the rocks don't crush me. ^_^;

But in all seriousness, the fires aren't close enough to where I live for me to be in danger. Granted we do have a lot of dry brush around our area, but so long as smokers don't toss their still smokin butts out of their cars or arsons decide to make the land a living hell, we'll be alright.

Ida Knoe
Oct 28th, 2003, 01:01:12 PM
*sets fire to AB's back yard and funs for a waiting boat*

ReaperFett
Oct 28th, 2003, 01:03:54 PM
Originally posted by AmazonBabe
I'm surrounded! :eek ^_^;

Ackbar says, it's a trap :)

AmazonBabe
Oct 28th, 2003, 01:26:55 PM
:: Sets fire to Ida's hair. :: :p

http://casalecb.no-ip.org/swf/vega/mneh/trap.jpg

Darth Viscera
Oct 28th, 2003, 04:29:28 PM
Originally posted by AmazonBabe
YO VISC! You said you're coming on Nov 2nd? Is it still on or are you holding back because of the gigantic flames?

I hope I'm still coming. So long as my flight isn't cancelled, I'll be in LA from Saturday 1st to Friday 7th.

AmazonBabe
Oct 28th, 2003, 04:57:56 PM
Hmmm... ok... Sunday might be the best day to get together as the week is really busy for me due to work.

Keep me posted and PM me (to my AB name) a cell # or whatever that I can get a hold of you. :)

Darth Viscera
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:03:52 PM
I'm still alive! w00t. I'm getting the rare opportunity to post here, and should be back on Friday.

Synopsis of vacation so far:

On satuday I had the biggest anxiety attack of my life while at the Dulles airport, even had dry mouth, which I'd never before experienced, and my legs cut out. I took 1mg of lorazepam (valium (sp?)) and I was happy as a clam, and saying such witty things as "far out" and "where's the beef" upon looking at the wings of the 757. I saw some crop circles over the midwest, and I mean actual crop circles, as in, circles of wheat and corn crops. There were hundreds of thousands of them, then they changed to rectangles.

I hung out w/my gorgeous cousins and they showed me around a little of L.A. on saturday night, then on Sunday I went to DisneyLand with Rie and Christina, and those details will have to wait until Friday. Today we're supposed to see a beach or something (???), and there's a mountain right behind my cousins' house which, thankfully, is not engulfed in flames.

Oh yeah. Still no sightings of Santa Monica hotties. Apparently the native inhabitants of this strange land shiver at room temperative (21C, and/or ~69F) and find 61F to be too cold a temperature to don skimpy swimsuits and gallavant around beaches. Pffft.

Props to LV and her sis for showing me a good time on Sunday, I'll never forget it :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:12:51 PM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
Props to LD and her sis for showing me a good time on Sunday, I'll never forget it :)

Oh you're welcome Visc...

Wait a minute!?

:p

Lady Vader
Nov 4th, 2003, 05:15:15 PM
Sunday I went to DisneyLand with Rie and Christina, and those details will have to wait until Friday.

Details! I demand to hear detai-- oh wait... I was there... nm ^_^;
(Psst... that's Christinen, not Christina :p)

Oh yeah. Still no sightings of Santa Monica hotties. Apparently the native inhabitants of this strange land shiver at room temperative (21C, and/or ~69F) and find 61F to be too cold a temperature to don skimpy swimsuits and gallavant around beaches. Pffft.

Heeeeeeeeeeeat... need heeeeeeeeeeeat. *shivers* :x

Props to LD and her sis for showing me a good time on Sunday, I'll never forget it :)

Holly: Yet another string of proof in the conspiracy to show we are, in fact, twins. o_O

Visc: That's LV, as in Lady Vader... LD's the one with the skimpy outfit. I'm the one with the painted-on outfit. :p

Oh, and yer welcome! ^_^

Darth Viscera
Nov 5th, 2003, 01:51:54 AM
ack, i meant LV, not LD. my bad. i was in a rush to type that post.

Ryan Pode
Nov 6th, 2003, 12:12:42 AM
I'm back. LA = cold. It was warmer in VA then in LA. Bah! We marched and played well at Disney so I am happy.

Darth Viscera
Nov 6th, 2003, 08:13:12 PM
I wish I was back already :( I'm not looking forward to going through the airport tomorrow. My stomach is already hurting, and I feel tired even though I got 9 hours of sleep. I think I'm getting my mom's cold. Tomorrow in that airport I'm going to be experiencing dry mouth, nausea, diarrhea and extreme fatigue.

I just want to go home, hug my cat, and put plywood over the door.