PDA

View Full Version : Pedophiles rejoice! (or: Today's WTF)

Mortaniuss
Oct 26th, 2003, 11:40:34 AM
According to the Supreme Court, it is not a sexual assault when a caretaker shaves a 10-year-old’s pubic hair.

A 29-year-old from Nordmøre was acquitted by the Supreme Court for sexually assaulting his step-daughter when he allegedly helped her shave her pubic hair.

According to the Norwegian paper VG, the girl’s mother reported the incident to social services, and social services reported it to the police.

The man was convicted in both Nordmøre county court and Frostating superior court for sexual assaulting a child under the age of 16, but he was acquitted in the Supreme Court.

“It is an enormous relief to be acquitted,” said the 29-year-old to the paper.

All court levels base their decision on the fact that the 29-year-old allegedly shaved the girl’s pubic hair.

The incident allegedly took place when the girl visited her former step-dad and his 7-year-old son and spent the night there.

After the 7-year-old went to bed, the girl allegedly went to the bathroom, and from there called for help to remove the hair which she was embarrassed about and felt uncomfortable about. However, the man has always claimed that he never shaved the girl and that she did it herself while he was sleeping.

The girl has stated that nothing “bad” happened.
http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/english/article148396.ece

Pierce Tondry
Oct 26th, 2003, 12:52:55 PM
That such a case got so far is the real "wtf".

ReaperFett
Oct 26th, 2003, 01:44:34 PM
Sorry, I'm missing something. Who alleged he helped her shave it? The last sentence makes it sound to me as if the girl never claimed anything.

Jacob Nives
Oct 26th, 2003, 02:29:11 PM
the girl’s mother reported the incident to social services,

ReaperFett
Oct 26th, 2003, 02:33:53 PM
So the person who said he did bad was the only one of the three who wasn't there?

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 26th, 2003, 04:12:05 PM
Hooray, someone posts a genuine WTF.

Riiiiggggghhhhttttt, a 10 year old is going to give herself a Brazilian. I find that rather unlikely.

ReaperFett
Oct 26th, 2003, 05:05:24 PM
I once tested a car cigarette lighter by touching the end. Kids do the dumbest things.

Xazor Elessar
Oct 26th, 2003, 05:20:44 PM
WTF?!

That is....o_O

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 27th, 2003, 03:34:33 AM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
Hooray, someone posts a genuine WTF.

Riiiiggggghhhhttttt, a 10 year old is going to give herself a Brazilian. I find that rather unlikely.

Unless you've been a 10 year old girl before, I don't think you have the credentials to judge :) She might have been well developed for her age and feeling nervous because her friends weren't, or something like that.

Zatania Duvall
Oct 27th, 2003, 07:01:07 AM
Yeah, a lot of children go through puberty a lot faster. I remember a girl that had her first period in the fourth grade in the middle of gym so everyone saw it seep through her pants. From that day forth they picked on her until her mother got her transferred to a catholic all girls school. O.o

Lldian Sorve
Oct 27th, 2003, 07:20:30 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Unless you've been a 10 year old girl before, I don't think you have the credentials to judge :) She might have been well developed for her age and feeling nervous because her friends weren't, or something like that.

Funny enough men go through pubity as well :)
More so than women i'd like to think :p

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 27th, 2003, 07:27:00 AM
I'm not even going to touch on men having it worse than women as far as puberty goes. I'll just say that I think that's absolutely ridiculous.

But it's totally different for both sexes. Like I said, unless you have been a young girl at that point in life, you can't imagine what it feels like to be the odd one out in something like this.

the girl allegedly went to the bathroom, and from there called for help to remove the hair which she was embarrassed about and felt uncomfortable about.

She doesn't have a big sister to help her out, and maybe she felt too shy/embarassed to ask her mother - it is feasble that she could be closer to her step-father.

Lldian Sorve
Oct 27th, 2003, 07:30:38 AM
I dont remember once saying it was worse for a male than it is for a female what i said, and i thought quite rightly, is men go through more of it than women do and if i may say in most cases it is wrong in a social light in many respects for a man to be heard of trimming, or shaving anything other than his face.

ReaperFett
Oct 27th, 2003, 07:32:00 AM
She doesn't have a big sister to help her out, and maybe she felt too shy/embarassed to ask her mother - it is feasble that she could be closer to her step-father.
Well, the step father did say he didn't do anything, but then again I suppose you could argue that they might deem that as a guilty man giving an excuse.

My point is though, you can't charge someone with something as serious (sexual assault) as this if there is no evidence outside of a mother who wasn't there claiming it.

Lldian Sorve
Oct 27th, 2003, 07:37:46 AM
Originally posted by Lldian Sorve
I dont remember once saying it was worse for a male than it is for a female what i said, and i thought quite rightly, is men go through more of it than women do and if i may say in most cases it is wrong in a social light in many respects for a man to be heard of trimming, or shaving anything other than his face.

I'd like to add to my post here actually and point of to you Dasquian that Men, however big and gruff they may come over some times, however in social light they have to be a brick and show hardly any feelings that a male can have exsactly the same types of feelings, behind or infront of closed doors.

I have on many occassion felt the odd one out, so i think it can be said the other way around also, you cant imagine what it can be for a young lad ether.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 27th, 2003, 07:43:39 AM

Like I said, I'm not going to go into this. You already know that I think women have a lot more to deal with and society puts much more pressure on them. End of story from me.

I have on many occassion felt the odd one out, so i think it can be said the other way around also, you cant imagine what it can be for a young lad ether.

This case is dealing with a girl, so that is a moot point.

Lldian Sorve
Oct 27th, 2003, 07:51:37 AM
Like I said, I'm not going to go into this. You already know that I think women have a lot more to deal with and society puts much more pressure on them. End of story from me.

As you wish, and in some cases you are correct, in others i shall disagree with you, in some areas men have to deal with things under pressure, in some cases more so than a female.

___

This case is dealing with a girl, so that is a moot point.

Yes it does, but my point is not moot at all, infact it simpy points out a males' feelings, in this case my own.

Ka' el Darcverse
Oct 27th, 2003, 09:29:29 AM
Hey cut it out, I don't care whether you think that your wet dreams were worst than her first periods and I don't think anyone else here does either. There is no argument here, the discussion is on today's wtf, want to do a puberty thread go do it somewhere else on the board and stop hijacking a thread.

Back on Topic:

Fett this reminds me of a case where a over-zealous prosecutetor (sp?) and a crack-pot psychologist accused half of a small town of sexually abusing their kids because one little girl saw a vagina in an ink-spot test. After classes I'll try to look it up, it reminds me sort of this situation.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 27th, 2003, 09:31:02 AM
The thread has a 'HIJK' topic tag, Ka'el - we can hijack it as much as we want.

Lldian Sorve
Oct 27th, 2003, 09:34:52 AM
Indeed, and it is quite litrally a serious discussion anyway, not near hijacking at all.

Darth Viscera
Oct 27th, 2003, 10:13:33 AM
What, it's wrong for a guy to shave his pubes? o.O When did this happen?

Never heard that one. At least in the U.S.A., it's sexy for men as well as women to shave their pubic hair.

Sanis Prent
Oct 27th, 2003, 10:43:15 AM
Uh, no. Girls have it much worse than guys do. They go through it earlier, and then they bleed out of their crotch spontaneously. Oh yeah, and tits. Heaven help the girls who develop too much too soon, or the ones who don't develop much, or do so too late. Massive social stigma.

Guys? We grow lots of hair, our voice cracks, and we can't jerk the gherkin without cleanup on aisle seven.

Both get acne (some do, at least. I never did). Both have their growth spurts. But seeing as girls go through theirs earlier, its tougher to handle.

Lldian Sorve
Oct 27th, 2003, 11:04:30 AM
^
In a nutshell of what i was trying to explain...

I think.

Zasz Grimm
Oct 27th, 2003, 11:21:59 AM
^^^

I still grow.

|I

Shanaria Fabool
Oct 27th, 2003, 11:27:01 AM
*:hug Sanis* Thnak you for saying that! You are SO right!

ReaperFett
Oct 27th, 2003, 01:03:33 PM
IMO, both have it hard in different situations. To say one has it worse is to ignore the others predicaments.

But noone cares what I think :)

Sai
Oct 27th, 2003, 01:12:54 PM
*blinks*

I guess Sani's explanation is pretty much on target there...meanwhile reading the earlier post on just what this thread was concerning initially...i must say Im slightly creeped out, but mneh.