PDA

View Full Version : My speakers are bugging me!

Zeke
Oct 25th, 2003, 12:09:06 AM
Well, not the actual speakers so much as the plug. When I plug them in, the little boxy plug starts buzzing. Depending on the music I play depends on whether or not the sound is drowned out. However, when it's quiet, the buzz bugs me to no end. I can solve the problem temporarily by unplugging the speakers, but the moment I have to put them back to hear something, the buzz begins all over again. Does anyone know why it's doing this? More importantly, does anyone know a solution?

Dark Lord Dyzm
Oct 25th, 2003, 01:15:07 AM
New Plug :D

Either it something in the wire, or something in the plug in itself which is causing interference.

At least you ain't loosing sound connection at odd times like I am. I just to lazy and poor to buy something new.

Darth Viscera
Oct 25th, 2003, 06:37:39 AM
are you using a sound blaster live or audigy?

if so, you should get used to 2 new sounds: SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAACCCCCCHHHHH and CRACKLECRACKLECRACKLECRACKLE.

Zeke
Oct 25th, 2003, 10:05:05 AM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
are you using a sound blaster live or audigy?

A what? :huh

Darth Viscera
Oct 25th, 2003, 11:53:48 AM
google is your friend

Zeke
Oct 25th, 2003, 11:58:41 AM
Was kinda hopin' you'd just explain, but Google can do it just as well, I suppose. It's more user friendly, anyways.

Darth Viscera
Oct 25th, 2003, 03:43:08 PM
gee, thanks for the insult. I guess.

Tear
Oct 26th, 2003, 02:59:57 AM
lol that was great.."user friendly" no offense

A few questions even though this probably wont help

Are your speakers new? If so take em back :p

Have you recently installed any new software or hardware? If so check -System tools>System information for hardware /software conflicts..also run the Direct X diagnoses tool it has a few video (i know nothings wrong with your video) and sound checks that could help or solve the problem.

Lastly is there any other electrical devices around your speakers or computer that may be causing the interference?

I lied wasnt lastly, is it plugged into the right spot?:)

Oh oh and if you bought the speakers or still have the computer user guide look up the model and type of speakers you have. There could be a technical or trouble shooting guide there? And if you dont have a manual check google for the companys manufacturer(sp?)'s home page. There should be a technical support line or f.a.q

Hope this can help you out:) good luck