PDA

View Full Version : First steps (Ida Knoe)

Southstar
Oct 24th, 2003, 06:14:15 PM
The sun had just risen, but it was still early. Why had he told Ida to come in the morning again? He rolled his neck, stretching the muscles. He would have to remind himself not to pick mornings for training anymore.

He sat down against a tree and closed his eyes, a feeble attempt to get more rest than he had got during the night. Ida would be there soon and her training would begin.

Ida Knoe
Oct 27th, 2003, 11:03:24 AM
Ida skips into the training grounds and sees Southstar she ships over to him....

"Hello! and How are you this wonderful morning!?

Southstar
Oct 27th, 2003, 11:39:06 PM
"Ugh! I'm going to have to keep in mind, no more mornings." he said. Southstar pulled himself up to his feet and looked at Ida. Time for the speech.

"Alright, what I've noticed is most master beginthe training of their apprentices with fighting skills and tricks with the Force. This is going to be a little different. So, we're going to start with you telling me about the Force." He said and watched Ida carefully, trying to just get a simple read from her face.

"Just to make it a little easier, assume I know nothing of the Force. All I need is a basic description of it, or does it lack description? Can the Force be described like I can describe a tree? Tell me, increase my knowledge."

Ida Knoe
Oct 28th, 2003, 11:36:18 AM
Ida looks confused already.

"I don't know. All I know is that people told me I have a power in me and that with training I could use it. The reason I agreed to join is because I get my own room, and food every day.

What ever this force stuff is, I've never heard of it."

Southstar
Oct 29th, 2003, 03:02:24 PM
"Well then, I'll do my best to explain it to you. Here, we have the galaxy, and inside everything in this galaxy there is the Force. Although everything is a part of it, some are more a part of it, they can use the Force. You, me... as well as many others." he waited a moment before going on.

"Understand, the Force is much more powerful than any normal being. However, we are not normal beings, we can use the Force. By being able to use the Force we are better than them. Understand?"

Ida Knoe
Oct 29th, 2003, 03:05:56 PM
Ida nods...

"So this Power makes us better that the others that can't use it?"

Southstar
Oct 30th, 2003, 10:04:19 AM
"Yes. The Force is the ultimate power in the universe and because we can access it we are greater. Now, because we can access it, I suggest we are more of the Force than we are biological. We still maintain basic biological properties but our souls are greater. Our souls, our personalities, are more complex, mysterious and greater. Do you see what I mean?" Southstar said and paused to give Ida a moment of time to let it all sink in.

Now he changed the subject a little, "Reality is greater than the any typical being, but The Force is greater than reality. If our total being, soul and body, are made up of the Force more than the biological properties that come with being human, or any other species, what conclusions can you make, Ida? Bring it all together."

Ida Knoe
Oct 30th, 2003, 10:14:01 AM
Ida thinks for a moment

"We are above Reality. We are above the laws of lesser beings. and this gives us the right to control them how we wish."

Southstar
Oct 31st, 2003, 01:32:12 PM
"Not only are we given the right to rule over other lesser beings, but we are given the right to rule over reality itself. Evidence supporting this would be the ability Force users have to cause objects to levitate. We can take advantage of the connection in the Force while most others are connected, but can do nothing with it. The list goes on and on, I don't think I need to though."

"In order to make use of the power you have, it is necessary to understand where it comes from. I explain it first for a reason. With you're newfound knowledge, your first task is to put it to use. That rock," Southstar says and points to a small stone, "is bound by the laws of gravity. A law that does not apply to you or what you wish it to. Cause the stone to levitate."

Ida Knoe
Oct 31st, 2003, 01:46:53 PM
Ida nods and walks over to the stone, and looks at it. she walks around the stone a few times, and then puts her hand out over top of the stone, and trys to focus on lifting it with out touching it.

After a half hour of trying, she gets frustrated, then she gets angry at the stone and herself, she flings her hand off to one side in an action that signifies that she gives up. But as she does that, the stone flies into the air, past Southstar's shoulder and imbeds itself in the head of a passing droid, causing the droid to stop in it's tracks and falls to the ground sparking..

Ida first looks suprised, then starts to laugh. In a scarcastic tone she says....

"Oops....Sorry..."

Southstar
Nov 2nd, 2003, 09:44:38 PM
The half hour did not go by quickly, Southstar was tempted to just give up or at least just explain it better. A little more than a half hour later he was slumped against the tree reminding himself to be patient a little longer.

Then Ida finally seemed to get it. The stone rocketed through the air past him and into the metal head of a nearby droid. He smiled a little, it was about time.

"Good job. I wasn't sure if you were going to be able to do it." He said and thought back to how Ida changed in the Force when the rock had moved. She had become fustrated, maybe angry. "Now, how exactly did you do that? what made the last try different than the first?"

Ida Knoe
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:39:33 AM
Ida smiles again as she looks at the sparking droid again...

"I don't know what I did, but it sure felt good!"

Ida laughs

"The stupid Droid didn't have a chance!....Now only if that had of been my Father."

Southstar
Nov 4th, 2003, 02:48:56 PM
"I'm sure it did feel good, releasing the anger. Passion is the key to open the door to the Force. Anger, hatred... it's the easiest way to access the Force. Hatred and anger are not only the easiest, but the best. To turn anfer into a passion... it's so much better than say, the uneasily achieved passion of love. Now call the stone back." Southstar said. He took notice of the comment regarding Ida's father, but now wasn't the time to discuss it.

Ida Knoe
Nov 5th, 2003, 12:09:55 PM
Ida dredged up her anger for her father, and pretends that she is hurting him. She focuses on the ston and trys to call it to her, and after 5 min, not just the stone but the droid's head comes flying at her, hits her in the chest and knockes her to the ground, causing her to land on her bum with at thud. She lets her back hit the ground after her bum, and lies there hugging the droid head.

"Ouch..." is all that she says after a moment of lying there.

Southstar
Nov 6th, 2003, 10:06:39 AM
"Focus." Southstar says to Ida. It was clear that Ida was still working out the ability to "see" things in the Force. "You need to be able see the rock with the Force. But the question I ask is this: How can you begin to see if you always have?"

Ida was likely confused, it was a question that really didn't make sense. You had to look into it. Southstar took a piece of cloth that he brought with him and walked to Ida. He helped her up and discarded the droid head. He placed the cloth around her eyes and tied it behind her head. "Learn to see." He said and left her facing away from the rock and he walked back to where he was before.

Ida Knoe
Nov 6th, 2003, 03:40:09 PM
And Ida was confused

"What do you meen I nead to learn to See? I've been seeing my whole life!"

Ida gets up and throws the droid head away over her shoulder.

Southstar
Nov 7th, 2003, 02:38:24 PM
"Have you really? With your eyes yes, biologically speaking you see. But there are eyes you haven't used, things you haven't seen. Find the rock with the Force, see it."

Ida Knoe
Nov 12th, 2003, 12:29:21 PM
Ida was still confused....

"But how would I do that?"

Southstar
Nov 13th, 2003, 06:51:50 PM
The Force is in everything, correct?" He said "You are connected to the Force, you wield it. The rock is in the Force and you can use the Force like a tool. That tool is in you hand, now discover how to use it."

Southstar called another rock to him with the Force. Ida couldn't see it with her biological eyes, but he had faith she could with the Force, at least faintly.

Ida Knoe
Nov 14th, 2003, 12:19:54 PM
"But...but where do I start? How can I use this tool?"

Southstar
Nov 16th, 2003, 05:18:46 PM
"Start where you think it would be best to do so." He said. Seeing things in the Force was definitely different than seeing with one's eyes. Nothing had depth or dimensional properties, it just seemed to be glows with brightness determined by the power in the Force the object had.

Ida Knoe
Nov 17th, 2003, 12:21:40 PM
Ida shrugs and trys to see things with the force... After a half hour she still has had no luck... She looks up at Southstar for more Guidance, but doesn't say any thing to him.

Southstar
Nov 17th, 2003, 10:36:07 PM
"Think back to when you moved that rock the first time. How did it feel?"

Ida Knoe
Nov 19th, 2003, 01:48:31 PM
"It felt weird, powerful, and angry... But that was moving the rock... How could that help me SEE the rock?"

Southstar
Nov 21st, 2003, 01:46:46 PM
"Whether you realize it or not you saw the rock, just not in anyway you've seen before. Quit trying to visualize the rock, because you can't. I use the word 'see' because it's the word closest to the strange sensation you experience when you fell and sense the rock in the Force. Think outside words and material and energy existances."

Ida Knoe
Nov 24th, 2003, 04:13:18 PM
Ida sighs and reaches out with the force closing her eyes and trys to see. After about an hour Ida sences the rock that is in Southstar's hand, she looks at things through the force unitll she realises that she can lock on to thing with the force. She locks on the rock in Southstar's hand and trys to lift it, she finds that it is much easier to lift it this time.

Ida gets happy about lifting the stone, and when she does she can no longer see it and the ston falls.

"What happend!"

Southstar
Nov 24th, 2003, 04:20:54 PM
"The stone was lifted from my hand. You broke you concentration when you opened you eyes, but the task had been completed." Southstar nodded his head in approval.

"Now do it again, except call it to your hand." He said "This might be a little easier now that you have been done it twice now. Like you found the rock, find you hand in the Force and bring the two together."

Ida Knoe
Nov 27th, 2003, 10:51:47 AM
Ida locks onto the stone and after 3 min of concentrating the stone flys to Ida's hand.

Ida jumps for joy at the fact she did it.

"I did It! I calld the stone to me!"

OOC: Like My New Sig?!

Southstar
Dec 2nd, 2003, 02:59:37 PM
Now things were beginning to pick up. Southstar caleed three rocks simultaniously to his hand. He couldn't hold them all so he let the hover near by.

"Now try and move multiple rocks at the same time." He instructed.

OOC: Yes, very nice sig. I should get around to making one for myself... one day.

Ida Knoe
Dec 3rd, 2003, 11:27:35 AM
Ida nods then holds out both hands and after 5 min three rocks come flying at her. one goes to each hand and the last hits her in the forhead....

Ida falls to the ground from the blow...

"Ooowwww!!!"

Southstar
Dec 4th, 2003, 08:10:26 PM
Southstar smiled a little and spoke, "Well, it seems you have basic telekinesis down. You need to work on deceleration and stopping, but you can do that on your own time." I placed a rock underneath the ground. You can't see it like you did the other rocks, but it is still there and there is something keeping it where it is."

"You need to get the rock out of the ground any way possible; with the Force of course. I'll even give you a clue." Southstar dragged his feet and created two lines three feet long. "It's between these lines."

This was going to be a significantly more difficult task, but Southstar didn't think Ida wouldn't be able to do it. He expected her mind was becoming tired, it was exercising much more than most normal minds ever do. He looked up at the sky, which was turning dark grey. Judging by the weather, telekinesis practice would be over soon anyway.

Ida Knoe
Dec 5th, 2003, 01:24:52 PM
It doesn't take Ida long to find the stone, but she can't get a lock on it. She try and trys and trys but nothing moves. Her head starts to hurt but she keeps on trying. Still nothing moves. Her head starts to hurt to the point where it makes her screem in pain... She looses her concentration, and drops down to her knees in defeat..

"I can't...I Can't grab it..."

Southstar
Dec 5th, 2003, 01:52:25 PM
"Hmm, perhaps it was to tough of a task. At least for right now." Southstar said and pulled the rock from the ground to his hand.

Finally the clouds broke and it began to rain. Southstar focused on the individual raindrops and caused them to roll away from Ida and himself.

"Get up. It's time to rest." He said. "Make an effort to practice on your own, that is the only way you'll get better. Tommorrow we're going on a field trip. It's just to the city, but it will be good practice." He finished speaking and walked with his young apprentice to the gates leading back inside the palace.

Ida Knoe
Dec 5th, 2003, 01:54:30 PM
Ida nods and stands up, and walks with Southstar back to the palace...