PDA

View Full Version : Madame Chiang Kai-shek dies

Darth Viscera
Oct 24th, 2003, 04:48:55 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/east/10/24/obit.madame.chiang.ap/index.html

:(

And if anyone asks what movie you've seen her in, I hit you in the genitals with a mallet.

Makes me feel bad for the plight of China.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 24th, 2003, 02:22:02 PM
:( Sadness

Ka' el Darcverse
Oct 24th, 2003, 03:03:34 PM
I don't know the woman was 106 years old and suffering all different ailments, I think she probalby would have seen it as a blessing. As for China, the nationalists have been out of power in Taiwan for quite sometime. A democratization of China isn't going to come in the form of a Taiwanese invasion of the mainland but from internal economic-political upheaval.

She's in a better place now and for that I think we should be glad.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 24th, 2003, 03:21:16 PM
You summed that up Taiwan is no more of a threat to China any more the chinesse know this anyway. And yeah if democracy happens in China it will happen because of the economy. Right now they are movie to a somewhat of a captalistic economy though they are keeping the current political structure.

Darth Viscera
Oct 24th, 2003, 03:47:51 PM
When I think of Chiang Kai-shek, I think of George Marshall and the unbelievable twist of fate that changed China from an overwhelmingly capitalist country with the ChiComs teetering on the edge, to a communist country in a year. That was the Special Order #191 of the 20th century.