PDA

View Full Version : Early arrival...(Open)

Rikki Van-Warren
Oct 23rd, 2003, 07:37:09 PM
It was early and...it was raining as the air taxi dropped her off at the front doors of the Bar and Grill. With her bags in hand, twenty-three year-old; Rikki Van-Warren entered.

The Jedi Recruitment Center wasn't open yet, her late night flight had arrived earlier than she had thought.

The young woman was tired and hungry and the smells that were coming from the grills kitchen smelled fabulous. Showing the guards she held no weapons, they allowed her to pass.

Quickly, Rikki found a seat, dropped her belongings on the floor and quickly began looking at a menu. She was more than hungry, she was starving.

Straffe Stormrider
Oct 26th, 2003, 09:39:10 PM
Straffe seemed to be a shadow to those around him when he slipped between them easily. The young woman had an invigerating smell to her. The way she drooled over the menu made it look like she was hungry for something tastey

"Pretty ladies should watch themselves when their alone round here..."

He smiled under the shadow of his hood

Rikki Van-Warren
Oct 27th, 2003, 04:49:10 AM
Rikki was startled slightly, but then smiled at the stranger. "Well, thanks for the warning. I'll do that, if you'd be so kind to tell me why?"

Kack Mebuff
Oct 28th, 2003, 12:28:49 PM
Kack was already at the B&G eating some breakfast when he noticed a girl walk through the doors. She was pretty, maybe a year or two older than Kack. He finished with his breakfast but kept notice of the young woman. Kack didn't want anyone causing trouble for the newcomer.

He felt a new Force signature near the young woman who said something about "Watching themselves while being alone."

Kack slipped from his seat, pulling his hood over his head and sat down on the other side of the girl.

"Pretty ladies should have no fear here, for it is Jedi Establishment," he said with a friendly smirk.

Rikki Van-Warren
Oct 28th, 2003, 04:10:41 PM
Rikki smiled shyly at the new man. "That's very good to know, Sir. I've just arrived here to enlist at the Jedi Temple or whatever they call it. I'm kinda nervous about it."

Kack Mebuff
Oct 28th, 2003, 05:04:26 PM
"Ah, you have come to join? Most excellent. Please, don't call me sir. My name is Kack Mebuff."

He extended a hand from his black robe.

"I am a Jedi Padawan to Dasquian Belargic."

Kack gave the young woman a slight bow.

Rikki Van-Warren
Oct 29th, 2003, 04:31:31 AM
"Rikki Van-Warren." She answered as she shook his hand. "It's nice to meet you, Kack." She finally relaxed again.

"I was just waiting for the Temple to open, seems I've arrived a bit early."

Kack Mebuff
Nov 2nd, 2003, 12:51:42 PM
"Indeed, it should be opening soon. The Council is probably preparing for the day. Even us Jedi need breakfast," he said with a chuckle.

"So what makes you want to join the Greater Jedi Order?" Kack inquired, fiddling with his sword at his side.

Rikki Van-Warren
Nov 2nd, 2003, 09:05:03 PM
"Well, I can....move things with my mind..." She mumbled, slightly embarrassed.

"My college friends believed it to be a Jedi trait, but I'd really like to become a healer. I just graduated from college as a Phyical Therapist and would like to use jedi skill along with that skill."

Kack Mebuff
Nov 2nd, 2003, 09:15:07 PM
"Hm, that is indeed a good reason to join. And it seems that you have a bit of a head start. However, know this: the Jedi is a formal committment that cannot be easily thrown aside. I have been a padawan for a very long time. Most of my companions have already been knighted, yet I remain but a student."

He smiled to the young woman.

"But that is not a bad thing. I am probably one of the most powerful padawans out there. I even aid some of the newer padawans with their training. They find me more approachable than some of the other Jedi."

Kack chuckled warmly.

"Can I buy you some breakfast?"

Rikki Van-Warren
Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:43:28 AM
"That would be wonderful, Kack, thank you." She smiled gently. "No worries, I plan to stick with it, I had just promised my parents that I would graduate from college first. And who knows, I may be one if those Padawans that ask for your help one day."

Kack Mebuff
Nov 3rd, 2003, 04:16:34 PM
"Well, I will gladly lend any help that I can," Kack said with warm grin.

"So, come, tell me about yourself. Where are you from?"

Rikki Van-Warren
Nov 4th, 2003, 04:50:31 AM
"Well, I've just come from Naboo where I graduated and have lived all my life. This is my first time off planet and so far it's been alright. I'm excited about beening here and learning the ways of the Jedi. Other than that , I've really not done anything special."

Kack Mebuff
Nov 4th, 2003, 02:49:32 PM
"Naboo you say? Ha! I too am from that planet! I spent much of my childhood there. But have travelled much as well. What a coincidence, indeed!"

Rikki Van-Warren
Nov 4th, 2003, 09:09:00 PM
"Wow," Rikki's eyes widened. "That is a coincidence! I never would've thought I'd meet someone right off the bat from there."

Kack Mebuff
Nov 5th, 2003, 04:09:41 PM
"Indeed. I doubt you would have seen very much of me save perhaps at the academy. My brother, Core, and I spent a lot of time bouncing from planet to planet competing in swoop races. He was one of the best in the galaxy."

Kack paused for a moment to clear his throat. The thought of his brother had brought back some painful memories.

"So, do you have any family there?"

Rikki Van-Warren
Nov 5th, 2003, 04:21:12 PM
Rikki nodded. "Yes, my parents live there along with my younger brother. They live in a small town west of Theed called Alahei. It's a great place, where everyone knows everyone. I enjoyed growing up there. Coruscant is just so different, I suppose I'll get used to it after a while."

Kack Mebuff
Nov 10th, 2003, 05:40:05 PM
"Yeah, Coruscant is definitely much larger than Naboo. It's nice once you get to know more people," Kack said with a grin.

"I don't have any family left on Naboo, well, I don't have any family left at all. Hmmm ... anyway. How do you like it here so far?"

Rikki Van-Warren
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:03:31 PM
"Well, what I've seen is nice. But, I've not seen that much yet and I'll probably get lost if I try to go too far. So, maybe I'll just stick around close." She told him with a hint of embarassment.

Kack Mebuff
Nov 12th, 2003, 10:26:58 AM
"Well, it's usually pretty busy here, but it's rather slow this morning," Kack said.

"Usually, there's more than enough people to get to know. You'll get to meet people at the Academy as well. So what would you like for breakfast?"

Rikki Van-Warren
Nov 12th, 2003, 08:28:37 PM
Rikki gave him a kind smile. "I'm always up for meeting new people." She looked over the menu, then again at Kack. "What do you suggest? What's good here?"

Kack Mebuff
Nov 13th, 2003, 01:37:42 PM
"Hmmm ... well I just had Bantha steak and Mynock eggs. That was pretty good. There's really nothing on the menu that isn't good!" Kack said with a big grin.

He was actually pretty fond of the young woman. And hoped that they could become friends.

Rikki Van-Warren
Nov 13th, 2003, 07:15:35 PM
A server droid rolled up to the two. "Hmmm, then I guess I'll try that."

Rikki turned to the droid. "I'll have the Bantha steak medium-rare and a Mynock egg, umm over-easy and a glass of orange juice. please."

Rikki put the menu down as the droid rolled away. "So, Kack, how long have you been a member of the Order?"

She liked his welcoming smile and kind ways, he was her first real friend and hoped he continued to be her friend as well.

Kack Mebuff
Nov 13th, 2003, 11:52:36 PM
"Well, let me see," Kack seemed to think to himself.

"I've been here for a year and a half now. It seems like I just arrived. But I have been known to disappear from time to time."

The Servo droid arrived with Rikki's breakfast. Kack gave the little droid some credits and sent him away.

"So, yeah, I've been here for a fair amount of time now. It's amazing how the time goes by."

Rikki Van-Warren
Nov 14th, 2003, 06:16:53 PM
"I know what you mean, that's how it was when I started college, study all hours of the night and before you know it...they're handing you your diploma." She cut into her steak and let the juices flow about her plate. After taking a bite and swallowing, she nodded. "This is excellent."

Kack Mebuff
Nov 17th, 2003, 09:48:47 PM
"I'm glad you like it," Kack said with slight smile.

He looked at the clock on the wall, "Hm, looks like the Academy should be opening any minute."

Rikki Van-Warren
Nov 18th, 2003, 03:40:26 AM
"Great, I'll just finish here get over there." A new pang of nervousness came over her as she ate. What if the Jedi didn't like her?

Kack Mebuff
Nov 18th, 2003, 03:41:37 PM
Kack could sense Rikki's nervousness and had read her thoughts. He put a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Do not be afraid. You have a good heart. The Jedi will not reject you."

He gave her a warm smile.

"Come, I will go with you."

Rikki Van-Warren
Nov 18th, 2003, 07:16:36 PM
Rikki so much appreciated his kind nature. "As much as I'd appreciate you to do that, I really think I should do it on my own. I hope you understand." She smiled kindly at him and touched his hand gently. "However, I would like to see you again, if I could. Perhaps, you could give me a comm number to contact you with after I'm accepted? I could use a guide later, that building looks humongous." She gave him a hopeful smile.

OOC: The RC thread has already been started and she was alone, sorry...:(

Kack Mebuff
Nov 22nd, 2003, 03:22:02 PM
OOC: No problem. :D

"I completely understand," Kack said, his smile never faltering.

"Yes, indeed. I would be more than happy to be your guide!"

Kack grabbed a nearby napkin and scribbled down some numbers on it and slid it towards Rikki.

"We will meet again, Rikki Van-Warren. And soon enough, I hope. It was a great pleasure meeting you."

With that the Jedi got up from his seat and departed. His long black cloak fluttered behind him as he walked away.

Rikki Van-Warren
Nov 22nd, 2003, 09:28:54 PM
Rikki smiled as he left, she looked down at the comm number and carefully placed it in to her backpack, where she wouldn't lose it. She would indeed be comming him soon, there was no doubt about it.

Finishing off her breakfast, Rikki took a deep breath. It was time to go...