PDA

View Full Version : Ever had this happen?

Tear
Oct 23rd, 2003, 03:33:56 PM
So for the passed few days I have been working on this story to introduce my character to the boards since im fairly new. All was well and my story just started to get good when low and behold my comp freezes up...no biggy i think as i had saved my work the previous night and was just doing some editing. My computer being the evil corrupt tin can it is wasnt responding at all so i had to reset it manaully instead of the good ole double ctrl+alt+del. But heres the kicker..i reopen the word file to see half of its gone.
The bad half too. All the good stuff i had written the previous nights is gone. Which leaves me a lil confused and angry. I had saved the work before last night..should the core of the word data still be there..why the data from several saves ago?

Anyone have this happen to them? and if so is there a way to restore it (i doubt there is)

Wahoo! I found it! I ran a file search of my C: and it was in my Temp folder under auto recovery save file. Im so happy *sniffle*

Ace McCloud
Oct 23rd, 2003, 04:07:18 PM
ouch. Yea its happened to me. You could have saved it had your computer not turned off. But I don't think there is any hope for it now.

Jarek T'chort
Oct 23rd, 2003, 04:29:20 PM
Its happened once, plus my pc likes logging me out of here on occasion when I post.

My remedy? Give the Hard Drive a good kick. It wont solve anything, just make you feel better. : >

Sanis Prent
Oct 23rd, 2003, 05:50:20 PM
Tear, you might want to find a different pic for your character. Crichton (I think?) from Farscape has been taken.

Tear
Oct 23rd, 2003, 05:51:41 PM
oh sure no problem i had sifted through the character database a bit but i didnt read through every page. ill change it =)